XVape XLUX ROFFU

Old Stoner1958

Good day everyone - I just received a new Roffu lite kit from 420edc yesterday and after the burnoffs and running it through it's paces, I can't seem to get the bud to toast much more than a pale pale brown (with plenty of green still visible). Based on experience with other vapes, I'd guess the herb isn't actually getting too much above 380 or so, despite me doing everything I can to increase airflow by removing screens, non-packed dosing cap, long drags with some puffing/carbing with air intake to pump up the temp of the air moving through the device. I can indeed get the stock mouthpiece pretty hot, but even after three 6 minute sessions at 428 - the herb is still coming out pale tan/green.

Is it possible I have a defective unit? I've had other xvape products and never had this sort of issue.

@LesPlenty - You seem to be the expert here. I really want to love the Roffu - it ticks all the boxes I'm looking for in a vape on paper - but I can't figure out what's going on with this. Any insight or next steps would be much appreciated.
Are you packing the bowl too tight. You really shouldnt pack it tight....it has to be loose. No tamping. You have to have good airflow thru the herbs for the convection to work.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Good day everyone - I just received a new Roffu lite kit from 420edc yesterday and after the burnoffs and running it through it's paces, I can't seem to get the bud to toast much more than a pale pale brown (with plenty of green still visible). Based on experience with other vapes, I'd guess the herb isn't actually getting too much above 380 or so, despite me doing everything I can to increase airflow by removing screens, non-packed dosing cap, long drags with some puffing/carbing with air intake to pump up the temp of the air moving through the device. I can indeed get the stock mouthpiece pretty hot, but even after three 6 minute sessions at 428 - the herb is still coming out pale tan/green.

Is it possible I have a defective unit? I've had other xvape products and never had this sort of issue.

@LesPlenty - You seem to be the expert here. I really want to love the Roffu - it ticks all the boxes I'm looking for in a vape on paper - but I can't figure out what's going on with this. Any insight or next steps would be much appreciated.
I wonder what your actual vapor is like, despite the light avb? If great clouds, why worry?

There is a chance that air is leaking into the vapor path, check that the silicone is well fitted into the mouthpiece. I've found it easy to screw that up!

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

therunawaysun

Are you packing the bowl too tight. You really shouldnt pack it tight....it has to be loose. No tamping. You have to have good airflow thru the herbs for the convection to work.
Not packed at all. Even tried underfilling capsule.
I wonder what your actual vapor is like, despite the light avb? If great clouds, why worry?

There is a chance that air is leaking into the vapor path, check that the silicone is well fitted into the mouthpiece. I've found it easy to screw that up!
Clouds are weak, heat up to 428 from room temp takes longer than expected too. Will double check silicone - and make sure everything is assembled properly. Will test battery life and heat up time tonight and report back. Thanks y'all

therunawaysun,

Old Stoner1958

Make sure you have renoved the screen from the chamber if you are using capsules.
The top (cooling unit ) will not fit tight if the screen is still in the chamber.

Old Stoner1958,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is it possible I have a defective unit?
It sounds like you know what you are doing @therunawaysun, longer puffs are the key...but if after your silicone/battery (even try a different battery if you have one) checks and removal of oven disc when using capsulesdo not help and if you still get lighter ABV than expected I would say you have a fault as I can turn ABV almost black at the top temp.:2c:
These are the abv piles from testing @190C/375f, I do not usually stir but the loading funnel and on-board pick make it an easy affair so I did this time. I will add the bowls were all well spent before the end of each second stirred sesh,
1656138208924-jpg.38092

I also did a couple of comparisons between the glass bowl and S/S bowl with a V3Pro S/S dosing cap @195c/380f that produced lighter ABV,
S=small vapor cloud, L=large vapor cloud, H=huge vapor cloud.
1657084083010-jpg.38115

The following ABV was in session mode at max temp,
1669614816481-jpg.42445

If your ABV from the same bud roasts well in other devices but not in the Roffu after your checks, get in touch with Mark at 420EDC for a fix (he may need the unit back as this is a new problem I have not come across.
Please keep us all informed about how you get on.:tup:

vapeverythingnyc

You want to take long, slow draws. You should barely be able to hear the air rushing through the device. Once you start to get vapor, you can ramp up your draw speed. It takes time and practice, but you should be able to take your herb right up to the point of basically charring it.

I personally had to adjust my style of draw in order to get the best hits after coming from the crafty/plenty as my daily drivers. I found a much better experience with the XLUX WPA. Once I found out about @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd and his upgraded MPs, the game was changed for good. This thing has (working) grasshopper level potential with the right tools and approach.

PS- pics and review coming soon on those @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd mouthpieces and WPAs!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Is anyone else experiencing shipping delays from xvape?
Google says...
During a busy period like Black Week, it is expected that there will be increased pressure on package distribution and this may mean longer delivery times
:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: BigJr48

GoGlass

Hello guys ! I have just received my Roffu and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised !!! Its still a little early for a definitive opinion but for sure this vape will sit near my Mighty and my TM2 !!! 👑 Vapor is cool, form factor smaller than I thought, autonomy VERY good (the best of all the 18650 vapes that i have tried) and the device seems to be sturdy. Battery removable is a must today.
For £112 at Vapefiend it's an incredible vape in my opininon !!! :clap:

I have bought the Roffu also for the capacity to mod this device...lot of things to test ! and i have planned to buy the WPA of course....

I'm wondering if some of you have already tried to push the disc into the quartz or metal chamber to allow you to put more plants in the chamber ?

Petetbay

Hello guys ! I have just received my Roffu and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised !!! Its still a little early for a definitive opinion but for sure this vape will sit near my Mighty and my TM2 !!! 👑 Vapor is cool, form factor smaller than I thought, autonomy VERY good (the best of all the 18650 vapes that i have tried) and the device seems to be sturdy. Battery removable is a must today.
For £112 at Vapefiend it's an incredible vape in my opininon !!! :clap:

I have bought the Roffu also for the capacity to mod this device...lot of things to test ! and i have planned to buy the WPA of course....

I'm wondering if some of you have already tried to push the disc into the quartz or metal chamber to allow you to put more plants in the chamber ?
Need to look here.

maremaresing

I got the dosing capsule loading tray and debowler from Delta3d this week, and both are "where has this been all my life" tools. I wish the debowler had an integrated lid or sealing feature (but a larger jar lid plate fits perfectly on top of the cone). The loading tray is magic, and I think i get better hits by being able to evenly tamp more material in. Top notch stuff.

Roffu is definitely a remarkable device. The UI is still and continually maddening to use, including tracking my use which I hate. I also wish I could clean behind the heater so I could feel good about using it on the go.

But the rest of the device? I'm constantly impressed. It's nice in the hand, battery lasts forever, vapor is cool, and gives big clouds off of dosing caps. All in one classy device with great form factor. Because of it's "all in one" nature, it's still absolutely perfect for a bedside vape. Sleepy, in the dark, I can get good hits and even change a hot dosing capsule without mess or fuss.

It's totally critical for my insomnia, and even for a cosy session before bed.

GoGlass

@maremaresing Totally agree with your vision of the Roffu !!

Also i want to add that the Roffu is also great with resin / pollen ! :p

Incredibly powerful ! I start ten degrees under the max , and i'am finishing the bowl at maximum temperature.

You just have to wrap your material in a little piece of organic cotton (also i had a second screen above the orginal, just by security) :

IMG-20231201-165344.jpg

Spin0620

I like to give a big shout out to @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for the modified WPA adapter. Using this it bypasses the bowl. Just pack the glass stem and insert it where you would put the bowl. Then use a jhook with it. It works so much better! I had to lower it from 400 to 375. It hits so damn hard with this adapter! 🤪 I also have a tinymight 2 and I can say this hits just as hard as my tinymight 2. Granted it doesn't look as good as the wood on the tinymight 2 but for $100 dollars so much better value. In my opinion this is the best accessory for this vape. Just bought my second one. 😁😁😁

GoGlass

I like to give a big shout out to @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd for the modified WPA adapter. Using this it bypasses the bowl. Just pack the glass stem and insert it where you would put the bowl. Then use a jhook with it. It works so much better! I had to lower it from 400 to 375. It hits so damn hard with this adapter! 🤪 I also have a tinymight 2 and I can say this hits just as hard as my tinymight 2. Granted it doesn't look as good as the wood on the tinymight 2 but for $100 dollars so much better value. In my opinion this is the best accessory for this vape. Just bought my second one. 😁😁😁
Can you post a pic of this adapter ? I'am very curious as i have just ordered a WPA....

Old Stoner1958

I believe this is a picture of what you are talking about. click the image to open it

Old Stoner1958,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Happy Holidays everyone, I hope everybody had a great year...Time for some bargains, Roffu, and accessories included!
ADKq_NayWJB9J-W6GiJSimhjCnNBVB3jrJmykY2EOCgf51Opsu0ktRKLf2f8WK6OKfma_KhLOeFUvJc-8Gp3YhB19lKso9Ugp7zRc3mWzzDkAlH4bqjk1VfM4AMuR4qFSRhGEck_mAWUFgl9j_MXyVU9QVBjy13ZXJkxem0=s0-d-e1-ft

‘TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY!
Get ready for our exclusive Christmas event!
🌟
Dive into a world of incredible XVAPE products, where savings can soar up to a whopping 50%.
🎄
Use code “JOLLY” at checkout for an extra dash of holiday cheer—enjoy a festive 20% off your entire cart!
🛒
✨
Snag the device you've been dreaming of and make this holiday season merry and bright!

Top Bottom