• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

XVape XLUX ROFFU

JoeMama

1...It is handy for keeping track of different multiple vapes that look identical (I cannot tell which is my older or new XMAX PRO V3's).
2...It is also handy on some vapes to know when a deep clean is necessary (2000 dabs=pull down clean on my Peak Pro, now overdue)
3...It is just nice to know which devices are actually being used the most (like a trip meter in a car) as I rotate a lot of vapes due to only having access to one strain of Cannabis.
4...Premium vapes just seem to go a bit further with what/how much info they provide a user a bit like gauges in a car, the more you pay the more bells and whistles you get. It just helps add to the premium feel of a device IMO.
The deep clean reference is a good one, yeah, for certain equipment. Roffu doesn't have much to tear down (not that I''ve done any cleaning at all yet, I haven't).
Curious: Does dabbing require more frequent cleaning than dry herb?

His exact words,
Yes! An adapter is on its way! no ETA yet tho unfortunately.
Knowing Topgreen, I would say the WPA will be available pretty soon!
That's encouraging! Thanks :tup:

Texus

Curious: Does dabbing require more frequent cleaning than dry herb?
Yes, or at least for dabs you have to be diligent to swab that bowl out immediately after using it (tho no liquid cleaner while still hot unless you are absolultely sure that the bowl can take it and not crack from thermal shock). But especially if you aren't diligent that dab dried on stuff is a pain to get off.

And yes the WPA news is great!!! If XMax doesn't jump on it, I imagine only a matter of time until an aftermarket option is indoduced if this is as great as people say.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
not that I''ve done any cleaning at all yet
I find with the herb I am using that a quick swab of the mouthpiece parts with a dry q-tip while still warm after every 4th or 5th bowl keeps a deep clean with iso to ...I cannot remember how long (a puff counter is excellent if you remember to use it:lol:)
Edit, just did a deep clean at 875 on the counter. :tup:

Last edited:

Pishorkata

+1 for the suggestion to just wipe the top mouthpiece (& maybe the steel mesh under it) after every session or two. Great way to keep it almost perfectly clean. The first time I got it I ran all pieces from the top body under hot water (like 80-90C, but not boiling ofc) and it was super easy to clean. I ran my ceramic Starry moutpiece under hot water regularly and never had problems, I can just assume here will be similar case.
I'll hit 500 soon on the puff counter and so far I mostly run it on demand with the steel oven + V3 cap. The dosing cap makes it even easier to load + clean. Also I definitely got convinced that light load burns really well & evenly (no stirring needed at all!), which makes it great for someone like me who is micro dosing or trying to cut down on the herb :D
And given the magnetic design I thought it's a no-brainer for XMAX to come up with the glass MP or other accessories. I think most of their previous vapes have similar design and they offer glass MPs for them. A guy on reddit made himself a custom wood MP (with glass stem? or cooling tube, idk how you call these) and it looks really sleek: link

JoeMama

Still loving the performance of this baby....

I typically have good electronics karma, except for the Grasshopper, that was a slaughter and I'm glad to be beyond it :rolleyes:... but there's something going on with Roffu...

Tapping the Power Button 5 times. Once in a while, it will vibrate, show the Roffu logo on-screen, and then, instead of proceeding to display temperature as it heats up, it turns OFF. So, it false-starts and then shuts off. I've also had the opposite happen, where 5 taps on the power button causes no apparent response, and then seconds later will respond to the command (usually mid-way to the second 5-count as I'm re-tapping the power button). I'm being very methodical with the taps, nice and steady etc....

Anyone encounter this at all?

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
except for the Grasshopper
and then seconds later will respond to the command (usually mid-way to the second 5-count
very methodical with the taps, nice and steady
I would say you are too slow by being methodical, I get the same thing occasionally where the unit will start halfway through doing the 5 clicks again. I sometimes just button mash until I feel the start-up beep and if I am counting and 5 do not star I will just button mash a few times to catch the start signal.
Once in a while, it will vibrate, show the Roffu logo on-screen, and then, instead of proceeding to display temperature as it heats up, it turns OFF
Not sure on that one...how was the battery level when it happens?

JoeMama

I would say you are too slow by being methodical, I get the same thing occasionally where the unit will start halfway through doing the 5 clicks again. I sometimes just button mash until I feel the start-up beep and if I am counting and 5 do not star I will just button mash a few times to catch the start signal.

Not sure on that one...how was the battery level when it happens?
I should say by methodical I mean “rhythmic”, quick succession but deliberate.

Battery level doesn’t matter; it’s happened whether full or low on charge.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Battery level doesn’t matter; it’s happened whether full or low on charge.
Bugger! Sporadic electrical gremlins are a bear to put a finger on the problem. I would keep an eye on your technique of button smashing 5 times and if the problem gets worse contact your seller for help...before your warranty runs out.:tup:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: JoeMama

JoeMama

Bugger! Sporadic electrical gremlins are a bear to put a finger on the problem. I would keep an eye on your technique of button smashing 5 times and if the problem gets worse contact your seller for help...before your warranty runs out.:tup:
Yep, so I went ahead and wrote to XVAPE USA to give them a heads up. I believe the warranty is for one year, so that's a good amount of time. If the problem remains as it is currently, I can certainly live with the quirk! Thanks for talking me down :rofl:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I was looking to buy this piece...it seems like a very good design...I saw on one of the videos a tiny hidden poker tool that is on the bottom...like the Linx Gaia has...comes in so handy. The blue color looks pretty awesome. The battery comes out, on demand mode, it has a few things my other vapes do not. Seems like a good one...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was looking to buy this piece...it seems like a very good design...I saw on one of the videos a tiny hidden poker tool that is on the bottom...like the Linx Gaia has...comes in so handy. The blue color looks pretty awesome. The battery comes out, on demand mode, it has a few things my other vapes do not. Seems like a good one...

I actually cannot get the stir tool out of mine haha maybe with some pliers, it fits very snug in there! I agree though, it is a quite a nice design with a lot of nice features, and I really like the look of the blue on mine too...

JoeMama

Yep, so I went ahead and wrote to XVAPE USA to give them a heads up. I believe the warranty is for one year, so that's a good amount of time. If the problem remains as it is currently, I can certainly live with the quirk! Thanks for talking me down :rofl:
REALLY nice of XVape.... they wrote back saying they will replace it straightaway. All I did was email them to say it wasn’t a real problem yet, just a heads up on the warranty. Great customer service.:tup:

Dr. G

Old Resident
I actually cannot get the stir tool out of mine haha maybe with some pliers, it fits very snug in there! I agree though, it is a quite a nice design with a lot of nice features, and I really like the look of the blue on mine too...
In most of the reviews....the reviewers have not even seen it! I saw it very briefly in one video...I just ordered one. The blue one...looking forward to it.

fogbank

In most of the reviews....the reviewers have not even seen it! I saw it very briefly in one video...I just ordered one. The blue one...looking forward to it.
This is probably just due to variances in manufacturing, but the power button on my black model is snug, while the power button on my blue model rattles. It affects the sound of the haptic feedback as well. The blue model produces more noise when it vibrates.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This is probably just due to variances in manufacturing, but the power button on my black model is snug, while the power button on my blue model rattles. It affects the sound of the haptic feedback as well. The blue model produces more noise when it vibrates.

That must be your specific one, I don't feel like the button on mine rattles much at all?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Dr. G

Old Resident
I am looking forward in getting mine...I have been really enjoying the 722 though...I get mighty clouds and taste from that one. So, the 722 -it does not have all the bells and whistles as this one but, it's my go to vape so far.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
power button on my black model is snug
So is mine (silver/black model). The vibration motor works faster when the battery is fully charged though.
I am looking forward in getting mine
I am enjoying mine quite a bit, it is still winning the reach test (I seem to be using it the most out of my collection)
A nice short video on the Roffu, I just would not pack as tight as Matt does but that is a personal preference thing,

Dr. G

Old Resident
So is mine (silver/black model). The vibration motor works faster when the battery is fully charged though.

I am enjoying mine quite a bit, it is still winning the reach test (I seem to be using it the most out of my collection)
A nice short video on the Roffu, I just would not pack as tight as Matt does but that is a personal preference thing,
The video is very good...informative. I am reaching for the 722 all the time now...that thing is powerful.

Petetbay

You keep repeating that number. Are you referring to a different vape? If it the one I think it is you will probably find the Roffu is a definite upgrade.
I think it’s the Utillian 722.

JoeMama

The blue color looks pretty awesome. The battery comes out, on demand mode, it has a few things my other vapes do not. Seems like a good one...
I have the blue one as well, and I know it IS blue, but I can't help but see it more as "white". Maybe it's my eyes, but "powder blue" is even too dark to describe this color.

The first unit I bought a couple of months ago didn't have this issue, but the second one I just got today, it sucks to try and get it out and even back in. Instead of fingertips, now I have to push it against a hard flat surface. Which of course means I'm less likely to use it as often as I would otherwise.

The vibration motor works faster when the battery is fully charged though.
Agreed... I noticed the same; but thankfully it seems to perform as well on low battery as it does fully charged.

Top Bottom