XVape XLUX ROFFU

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Obviously I feel like I'm missing something, or just that the dosing capsules I got are the wrong size.
Caps are available in Canada here,

WetWithSharp

I might be overthinking this but I'd rather be over-informed rather than under-informed in this regard. I'm more used to a desktop vape (SSV) so I'm not used to using these batteries typically.

Now that Summer's here, will walking around with these batteries in a bag in 100 degree sun matter? I can just use them like normal or I should take caution when using them in the heat? What about leaving them in the car in the heat?

People seem very casual about these batteries and I'm not used to using them. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any safety precautions. The last thing I want is to be messing with an unstable battery or having it explode.

WetWithSharp,
Reactions: LesPlenty
I might be overthinking this but I'd rather be over-informed rather than under-informed in this regard. I'm more used to a desktop vape (SSV) so I'm not used to using these batteries typically.

Now that Summer's here, will walking around with these batteries in a bag in 100 degree sun matter? I can just use them like normal or I should take caution when using them in the heat? What about leaving them in the car in the heat?

People seem very casual about these batteries and I'm not used to using them. I just want to make sure I'm not missing any safety precautions. The last thing I want is to be messing with an unstable battery or having it explode.
I bought some batteries from a company called Vapcell and they included a nice, insulated, zippered case that holds four batteries.
It's perfect when I'm on the go..... They sell battery cases on Amazon too.

I wouldn't just throw them in your pocket or leave them in a hot car.
Good luck,
Phil

ABUIABACGAAgi8uw-wUoyJCR0QIwoAY4oAY.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yes, use caution, these are not your typical AA's!
Do not carry loose batteries. Keep them in some case, or the device.
Look at them regularly, to check for any damage to the sleeve (cover), a major precursor to "accidents". Either replace or re-sleeve if necessary.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Batteries do not like extreme cold or heat. If you have a trunk in your car, that would be a better place for them compared to the passenger compartment that lets lots more heat into the vehicle through the windows. Never carry loose, always in the device or in a proper storage case.

WetWithSharp

Good question, I would not leave the battery on the dash in direct sunlight but kept in the vape or in a decent battery case will be fine stored elsewhere out of direct sunlight.
So the ambient high temperature is not so much an issue (such as if I was carrying them around in a bag outside in 100 degree weather, or if they were left on the floor of the car in their plastic foggy battery case), more so it's just the direct sunlight that's cause for concern? That's surprising.

I knew that they should never be loose and always in their carrying pack. I've just been using the foggy, plastic, 2 battery case that they came in. I assume that's fine? It's fine to leave them in that in the heat as well, just not direct sunlight?

billyfitz

Just used the metal stem for the first time. I've been using the glass stem since buying the roffu. The added conduction with the metal stem really hits different than the glass. Less flavour but a more intense hit.
Yeah, I have a very low tolerance and I'm effectively working with a lot of conduction and it's working well for me. I recently changed my usage for the better:

I used fill a capsule and over time take 4-5 sessions out of it over an evening (or beyond), at steadily increasing temperature to use it up, otherwise early hits would have me over-medicated and/or coughing up a lung. This was also sub-optimal due to getting different actives out of different heats early and late in the capsule.

I've switched to high-temp (310C/590F) full-extraction of a tiny dose instead to get the full spectrum it has to give. The tube of dosing caps lets me line up the sessions. It does occur to me the way I'm using it I may as well just use a conduction device as I'm not really getting the convection benefits. Sadly flavor is not significant at these amounts, but it's nicer than the end stages of a well toasted full load. I also do much less coughing and it's much easier to predict/control dose this way.

Below is actually a pretty generous dose for me of MA retail weed. Yes I know this is unbelievably small from some people's perspective. Doing 2 or 3 of these each evening seems to keep my tolerance constant and low level, while still giving pretty strong effects. For comparison, about 7.5mg-10mg of edibles gives me similar effects but for longer. Any time I've raised my consumption I find the pleasure tails off and can't be found again by increasing dose.

Also blasting like this at high temp keeps everything cleaner and I almost never have to clean the caps.

tl; dr: for low-dosers, completely consuming a capsule in one session is a good way to go IMO, so just fill the capsule with the amount you want to consume right now and blast it.

PXL-20230616-123803247.jpg

Can anyone give me a detailed explanation as to how the "Puff Counter" works.

Not sure if I'm using this function correctly?
1) When I go into the puff count screen (3-clicks) and then return to the session screen (3-clicks again) the session timer resets back to 6-minutes instead of continuing the timer where it left off. Is that right?

2) When I remove the battery and install a fresh battery, the puff count returns to zero. I thought it was supposed to keep a running puff count like an odometer on a car, or an hour-meter on an engine.

The instruction manual doesn't go into much detail about the puff counter other than how to enter and exit the function. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil

billyfitz

how the "Puff Counter" works
My impression is the same as yours - it's a half-baked and worthless. Actually kind of worse than useless because sometimes you summon it by accident.

The user interface is a bit ridiculous on this thing, though thankfully the device works well in spite of that. The most frustrating thing is someone must have put time and effort into graphics but didn't spend much of their time on ease of use and utility. Something way visually simpler could have done the job much better.

billyfitz

The Puff Counter is for the On Demand mode.
I dont think the interface is rediculas. What is it you dont like? It gives all the information I need.
It's just needlessly awkward and complex. Five clicks all the time just to turn it on and off, temperature changes by the single degree is way too fussy when 3 or 5 presets would be plenty (esp with settings to adjust what they are). And why the hell does it buzz intrusively to tell you it auto-shut off but doesn't buzz to tell you it's up to temperature except on the very first time? And then the bugs - start it up and have it instantly shut down sometimes, display corruption. Always-on display lighting up a dark room. I could come up with more without much difficulty. It's just poorly thought out and awkward for the tiny functionality it provides.

I had a Firewood vape with one button and no screen and the interface was everything I needed with simple clicks.

None of this makes it truly hard to use, but it's way more awkward, buggy and mildly irritating than it needs to be.

Old Stoner1958

I have had the 5 clicks not work now and then (usually when I click to fast).
I really like the one degree temp stepping ( you can find your sweet spot) I have a vape with 5 prsets and I wish it was by degree instead.
I guess to each thier own. For the money this ROFFU is fabtastic IMO and hits as hard as you want it to. Hard to compare it to a Firefly 2 which costs much more and it is not nearly as versitle and has its own issues.
This is my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Sativapo

I just didn't bother at all with the puff counter and I really like the device effective af and easy to clean, compact, neet and discrete looking I would just have liked the mouthpiece protruding a bit more but that's all.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
1) When I go into the puff count screen (3-clicks) and then return to the session screen (3-clicks again) the session timer resets back to 6-minutes instead of continuing the timer where it left off. Is that right?
You have an earlier version, the unit does not do this anymore as we listened to what people want, and if possible we address the concern.
2) When I remove the battery and install a fresh battery, the puff count returns to zero. I thought it was supposed to keep a running puff count like an odometer on a car, or an hour-meter on an engine.
Even my OG does not do this, not sure why yours is behaving this way, start a warranty return if it bothers you. Thru where you purchased it or here,
Email: Support@xvapeusa.com
Phone: 9095171100
Five clicks all the time just to turn it on and off
This was the industry standard, it was needed for the puff counter.:2c:
temperature changes by the single degree is way too fussy when 3 or 5 presets would be plenty
You can hold down the temp step button and the unit will jump in 10-degree increments...only having a few preset temps would be a large step backward IMO.
I would just have liked the mouthpiece protruding a bit more
I was told a longer duck bill would be available...that was quite a while back but all we got was the glass wpa/mouthpiece...I will chase it up again.:tup:
The Puff Counter is for the On Demand mode.
It 'estimates' puff counting when in session mode depending on session lengths.

Pachena

This was the industry standard, it was needed for the puff counter.:2c:
I'd gladly lose the puff counter.

The 5 clicks is my main negative for the device -- which says a lot about the device!

There isn't really an "industry standard", from what I can see. I have devices that turn on with 5 clicks, 3 clicks and a single long press.

In any event, the 5 (properly timed) clicks results in my device usually taking 10 or 15 clicks to turn off. I have WAY more clicks on my Roffu than I have puffs!

You can hold down the temp step button and the unit will jump in 10-degree increments...only having a few preset temps would be a large step backward IMO.

For me, the button hold results in an 11 degree jump.... the usual single degree when first pressed, and then another 10 after the longer press is detected. A nice idea that wasn't implemented as elegantly as it could have been.

Top Bottom