• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

1973PortlandToker

Can you use this vape for traditional hash? I notice the features include a "Wax cup with quartz fritted pad." Is that feature for hash and concentrates?

The max temperature is 428F. Is that high enough for traditional hash?

The on-demand feature seems to cut off at 30 seconds. Can you stop the heating sooner by removing your finger from the button?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I haven't looked at all 80 pages.

vandalizedbythelotus

Can you use this vape for traditional hash? I notice the features include a "Wax cup with quartz fritted pad." Is that feature for hash and concentrates?

The on-demand feature seems to cut off at 30 seconds. Can you stop the heating sooner by removing your finger from the button?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, but I haven't looked at all 80 pages.
the v3 pro is pretty much full convection and good for medium grind fluffy herbs, lightly packed, long steady draw.
haven't tried it but i think a conduction heater is more appropriate for hash and concentrates.
yes, heating stops when you let go of the button in on-demand mode.

Pukka

Not really. It's the only meh feature of an otherwise excellent vape. I had no joy using the "cup" and OK luck with sandwiches (budage - hash - budage) or burritos (cotton/hemp floss wrapped hash filling) using a piece of jasmine rice sized concentrate.

Petetbay

I was hoping my Elmers non-toxic glass/china glue might work,
Yeah it worked good so far, only did one side as the other hasn’t come out yet, I have another that both magnets come off, but can’t find it and another that was still in it’s box so starting using that one as well. I ran at least 5 bowls always ending at 428*f to heat it up good, no probs. It’s handy glue for fixing broken glass, used several times has not failed yet and is safe.

Update: the other side magnet came out now, glued using new mp now, see how long they stay in. The real fix, is accessory wpa/glass mp’s that don’t have the problem, I have 3 so using OG mp’s is just to see if it’s possible to fix long term. :hmm:

Last edited:

pomogirl

I'm a new owner of this vape. I bought it as a 'vacation' vape. Something to travel with that I won't cry if I lose. It was ~$90 on sale at POTV. After a week I'm liking it much more than I thought I would. It fits my style of vaping very well. I like small doses. This has a small bowl that I put 0.1g into. I like pure convection vaping. That's what this does, at least in on-demand mode, which is what I use. It heats up in about 10-12 seconds from cold. Not immediate, but not bad. The vapor is cooler than I expected. I hate coughing but want a full-flavored, robust hit. This does the job.

I also got the WPA and have used it with my J-hook. For sitting around at home, that is becoming my favorite way to use the vape. Set it to 428 and go at it. Nice hits, smooth, no coughing.

It's easy to keep clean (as far as I can tell after a week). I give it an alcohol/qtip cleaning at the end of the day and maybe once a week I disassemble the moutpiece and put the parts in a shot glass with some alocohol. After an hour or two rinse them and I'm done.

When a larger company decides to do an inexpensive vape but doesn't skimp on design and engineering this is what you get. I like it.

I've been using my V3 and its WPA with a whip, and it's quite fun, and not irritating at all. I'll try my j-hook next.

On another note: I just keep burning the very bottom corner of my V3, but that was on the 3rd inhale. I think I just didn't know the bowl was cashed after 2, or even 1, maybe?

Beam84

I flatten bits of H sandwiched between 3 layers of cbd flowers.

I set the temp to 220c and use a dry hydratube.

After 5 minutes and 1 stir everything is dark.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Yes you can, 428°F is high enough to extract goodies from traditionnal hasch but it will take more time/hits and the "sandwich tek" is required (consist to "sandwich" wax between 2 layers of flowers/coton/degummed hemp fiber, definitively works!
the v3 pro is pretty much full convection and good for medium grind fluffy herbs, lightly packed, long steady draw.
haven't tried it but i think a conduction heater is more appropriate for hash and concentrates.
yes, heating stops when you let go of the button in on-demand mode.
Convection devices still work to vape concentrates although I agree it's a bit more tricky (use very small amounts only, and, like I said to @1973PortlandToker , to add weed/coton/hep fibers increase the contact surface between the wax/hasch and the heat stream cause the resin is soaked, spreaded all over the"filling material".
I've been using my V3 and its WPA with a whip, and it's quite fun, and not irritating at all. I'll try my j-hook next.

On another note: I just keep burning the very bottom corner of my V3, but that was on the 3rd inhale. I think I just didn't know the bowl was cashed after 2, or even 1, maybe?
Hmm... it looks like you are packing too much in your bowls, when you notice only a part of the bowl to be over-vaped and the rest pretty under-vaped you can assume the load was packed too tight, in this case the hot air stream reaches the less resistance path in the bowl/load and only follow it overheating the flowers in this path, the V3Pro use turbulent convection airstream... this is means you must to let the turbulences to happen in order to get a homogen abv... so don't pack it too much, only throw 1-3pinches in the bowl, don't tamp it down, re-cap and start the engine... with vaping you will be amazed how much less means more, I get better cloudage and, why not, more hits(!?!) before to get this "spent bowl" feeling, I understand this is seems completly irrational in our logic world... but that's true!

NOLOGO

So I finally developed the loose battery door issue.

Realized the damn bottom magnet popped off the door. Took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. Thank god it’s not falling out again. Was driving me nuts.
I'll be damned! Your post made me take a good look at my battery door. I had no idea until now that there is a thin, screenprotector -type of material lining the inside of the battery cover. That's what holds the magnets in place. There's a small indentation stamped where the batteries sit, covered by this stuff that is 100% going to fail eventually in every unit.
I flicked it with my fingernail, and it looks like it's gonna just start peeling any day now. Rats.

edit: maybe I can perform some preventative maintenance to keep the batteries in place before the backing peels away. (Or peel it away and replace with something similar but more durable. hmm ...

Just got a 3rd v3 after the first two fried In under a year (battery errors). But my third one I purchased from 420 edc came with dosing capsules that included pc protectors for the battery anyone know what they are or what they are used for? The instructions say they are to be installed on the top of the battery slot with a hole for where that battery meets the metal.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Although I still think the V3 is the best budget bang for buck, the taste ain't great. There is a slight robot fart smell. It's not major but why put up with it when you have other options?

I am wondering if to pass my unit on, or if the glass mouthpiece would improve things.

Advice is welcome.

Robert-in-YEG

Although I still think the V3 is the best budget bang for buck, the taste ain't great. There is a slight robot fart smell.

I am wondering if to pass my unit on, or if the glass mouthpiece would improve things.

Advice is welcome.
Be patient.

Different flower needs different techniques. In the V3 Pro, which took time for me to warm to; sometime flower works best broken into very small pieces. Some flower is best ground fine, some very coarse. Some flower is just better in a different vape. It is not the vape, it is either the flower, the way you pack, or the way you draw. This is just my opinion, but it is an opinion based on experience.

My V3 sat in a drawer for months while I focused on other vapes. One day I had some flower that just wasn't vaping well in a Flowermate or in a Fog Pro. Putting the same flower in the V3, putting away past prejudices, the V3 was good. It has now been seeing daily use once again.

Experiment, try different things, or just put it away for a week. There is no question this a decent vape, and a great budget unit.

Robert-in-YEG

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Be patient.

Different flower needs different techniques. In the V3 Pro, which took time for me to warm to; sometime flower works best broken into very small pieces. Some flower is best ground fine, some very coarse. Some flower is just better in a different vape. It is not the vape, it is either the flower, the way you pack, or the way you draw. This is just my opinion, but it is an opinion based on experience.

My V3 sat in a drawer for months while I focused on other vapes. One day I had some flower that just wasn't vaping well in a Flowermate or in a Fog Pro. Putting the same flower in the V3, putting away past prejudices, the V3 was good. It has now been seeing daily use once again.

Experiment, try different things, or just put it away for a week. There is no question this a decent vape, and a great budget unit.

Robert-in-YEG

It's not the quantity of vapor, it's the quality. It tastes slightly like plastic to me. Very faint but noticeable and off putting.

Last edited:

Pukka

Although I still think the V3 is the best budget bang for buck, the taste ain't great. There is a slight robot fart smell. It's not major but why put up with it when you have other options?

Advice is welcome.
I've ditched the original mouthpiece for the glass mouthpiece with a Dyna "pointy" stem installed. Wonderfully cool vapor.

LogicThug

I've ditched the original mouthpiece for the glass mouthpiece with a Dyna "pointy" stem installed. Wonderfully cool vapor.
V3 Pro is very good with Dyna stems, my Revolve is still living on mine and is in active rotation. Nice being able to just puff at max with no problem, stem gets damn hot at the bottom though, have to be careful when debowling. Feels funny with the stem costing more than the device but works awesomely.

XpeeN

I wonder if making a 14mm female adaptor mouthpiece is doable (excuse my poor mobile paint skills lol).

v3-14f.png

Something like this, with a screen installed at the bottom. It'll be so versitile and you can even put it in your pocket with a stem attached.

Last edited:

jasp3r

Anyone know a good funnel for the v3?

Also, how are you getting the revolve to stay in?
V3 Pro is very good with Dyna stems, my Revolve is still living on mine and is in active rotation. Nice being able to just puff at max with no problem, stem gets damn hot at the bottom though, have to be careful when debowling. Feels funny with the stem costing more than the device but works awesomely.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
So I finally developed the loose battery door issue.

Realized the damn bottom magnet popped off the door. Took me about 10 minutes to figure it out. Thank god it’s not falling out again. Was driving me nuts.
Glad to know you was able to get a fix, enjoy now!
I'll be damned! Your post made me take a good look at my battery door. I had no idea until now that there is a thin, screenprotector -type of material lining the inside of the battery cover. That's what holds the magnets in place. There's a small indentation stamped where the batteries sit, covered by this stuff that is 100% going to fail eventually in every unit.
I flicked it with my fingernail, and it looks like it's gonna just start peeling any day now. Rats.

edit: maybe I can perform some preventative maintenance to keep the batteries in place before the backing peels away. (Or peel it away and replace with something similar but more durable. hmm ...
Yes that "screen protector" installed in the interior battery lid comes with the most recent units, it's made in order to keep the magnets well attached to the battery door. Thank you for noticing that detail, best regards.
Just got a 3rd v3 after the first two fried In under a year (battery errors). But my third one I purchased from 420 edc came with dosing capsules that included pc protectors for the battery anyone know what they are or what they are used for? The instructions say they are to be installed on the top of the battery slot with a hole for where that battery meets the metal.
Hi, I gave a look at the 420EDC website and didn't saw the "pc protectors for the battery" you mentionned... Is it not only to protect both battery's ends when carried...?
I wonder if making a 14mm female adaptor mouthpiece is doable (excuse my poor mobile paint skills lol).

v3-14f.png

Something like this, with a screen installed at the bottom. It'll be so versitile and you can even put it in your pocket with a stem attached.
Do you means to offer an attachment offering a female 14mm wpa rather than the actual one? Sorry but I can't see the purpose of a such attachment, please could you elaborate your thoughts...?
Anyone know a good funnel for the v3?

Also, how are you getting the revolve to stay in?
I use myself a simple spoon to load my V3Pro, it's one coming with dabbing stuff, the other end offer a nice tool ideal to scrape the filter screen, like a flat screwdriver in fact.

For the Revolve I suppose he used teflon tape or silicone o-rings to get the stem tightly attached to the base.

XMAXVAPORIZER,

XpeeN

Do you means to offer an attachment offering a female 14mm wpa rather than the actual one? Sorry but I can't see the purpose of a such attachment, please could you elaborate your thoughts...?
Yeah, but actually I assumed that there are 14 stems available, so I thought users can carry some short dimpled stem with them, but in second thought, I don't think these are actually exists. If it could've been 18mm female wpa it could've been awesome, but I don't think it's possible.

pomogirl

Glad to know you was able to get a fix, enjoy now!

Yes that "screen protector" installed in the interior battery lid comes with the most recent units, it's made in order to keep the magnets well attached to the battery door. Thank you for noticing that detail, best regards.

Hi, I gave a look at the 420EDC website and didn't saw the "pc protectors for the battery" you mentionned... Is it not only to protect both battery's ends when carried...?

I use myself a simple spoon to load my V3Pro, it's one coming with dabbing stuff, the other end offer a nice tool ideal to scrape the filter screen, like a flat screwdriver in fact.

For the Revolve I suppose he used teflon tape or silicone o-rings to get the stem tightly attached to the base.
@XpeeN I have the original Xmax 14mm male WPA always attached for a female whip, but are you trying to make the glass fit more inside the mouthpiece so it doesn't break in your pocket? I bet more of it could be protected in a V3 version 2...or use a female reducer instead which is more compact (and a male whip would fit right in there)? Or make a magnetic cap.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, your chance to win a Xmax Starry here: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-starry-giveaway.52963/

The Starry 3.0 is our best seller vaporizer but since it was released years ago it's time for a new version, you can share in which direction you would like to see the next Starry's version to go!

Sorry to be out of topic but I thought the V3 users would appreciate to get a chance to win a Starry!

Top Bottom