• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
The XMax V3 Pro capsules work well, as do the POTV One capsules. They are about the same size but differ slightly in their build. They perform equally well.
There is a size difference, it's a tiny difference but our dosing caps are slightly bigger (more wide&length). They don't rattle in the V3Pro like the others did.

I'm glad the dosing caps works well for you, enjoy the V3Pro!

23jim

Got mine yesterday. Unfortunately after a bunch of burn offs I still get a chemical smell. I like the feel and controls on this vape but safety is priority #1 for me (medical cannabis user).

Has anyone taken this thing apart and posted pictures of it's internals? How isolated is the heater from the airpath?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Got mine yesterday. Unfortunately after a bunch of burn offs I still get a chemical smell. I like the feel and controls on this vape but safety is priority #1 for me (medical cannabis user).

Some folks have had issues with the silicone, if it is that, it may dissipate on its own in a few days. Maybe soaking that silicone piece from the mp in water overnight to help cure the silicone?
I don't think "chemical smell" has been a very common issue with these. It may be some residual smell from packaging or just a little 'new vape' smell.
But if you're not comfortable with it, don't use it.

Others should confirm, but I think the heat element itself is in the airpath; that's how almost all convection vapes heat the air that passes through the chamber. But it is very close to the chamber, I don't think it passes anything else on its' way (a temp sensor?), so what would get hot enough to smell?
If internals (circuitry) were toasting from a short it would smell really bad...and probably make it stop working at all...
I've not seen any full teardown of the V3Pro
Sorry I don't have anything definitive...

23jim

Some folks have had issues with the silicone, if it is that, it may dissipate on its own in a few days. Maybe soaking that silicone piece from the mp in water overnight to help cure the silicone?
I don't think "chemical smell" has been a very common issue with these. It may be some residual smell from packaging or just a little 'new vape' smell.
But if you're not comfortable with it, don't use it.

Others should confirm, but I think the heat element itself is in the airpath; that's how almost all convection vapes heat the air that passes through the chamber. But it is very close to the chamber, I don't think it passes anything else on its' way (a temp sensor?), so what would get hot enough to smell?
If internals (circuitry) were toasting from a short it would smell really bad...and probably make it stop working at all...
I've not seen any full teardown of the V3Pro
Sorry I don't have anything definitive...
The oven itself stinks without the mouthpiece even on. Already did half a dozen full temp burn offs. Will continue for one full charge worth. If I still smells, it's going back.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
My early unit had an issue where the top surround of the heater fell off, I can tell you there is nothing in the air path between the heater and the intakes. I believe earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the electronics are out of the air path but potentially not fully isolated, i.e. block the intakes and blow into the unit and this makes the buttons move. I don't believe air would be drawn through the electronics in normal circumstances though I would think it's more likely for users who block some intake holes.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The oven itself stinks without the mouthpiece even on. Already did half a dozen full temp burn offs. Will continue for one full charge worth. If I still smells, it's going back.
You could try searching this thread for "taste" or "smell". You'll get some insights regarding your concerns.... including mine. There aren't many.

I had some taste/smell with the glass mouthpiece used for a bubbler (I'm talking about the WPA with the glass not the one that's made of silicon). I didn't have any issue with the standard mouthpiece or the unit itself.

My wife and I are extremely sensitive to silicone, use the glass mouthpiece for everything and if we had a lingering smell/taste issue it would be sitting on the shelf.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Has anyone taken this thing apart and posted pictures of it's internals? How isolated is the heater from the airpath?

You could try searching this thread for "taste" or "smell". You'll get some insights regarding your concerns.... including mine. There aren't many.

I had some taste/smell with the glass mouthpiece used for a bubbler (I'm talking about the WPA with the glass not the one that's made of silicon). I didn't have any issue with the standard mouthpiece or the unit itself.

My wife and I are extremely sensitive to silicone, use the glass mouthpiece for everything and if we had a lingering smell/taste issue it would be sitting on the shelf.

You are not the only one reporting this and hopefully @XMAXVAPORIZER can get to the bottom of this. Hopefully only a bad batch.
Hi, I want to confirm your post @vapviking , there isn't so much peoples who had reported to get a bad chemical taste/brand new taste/factory taste (and smell). Usually this bad taste is coming from uncured silicones parts although we are taking a lot of care to cure silicone very well.
I'm myself pretty sensitive also but I never opened an Xmax product's box which was stinking a lot, it happened there was a little smell but nothing like I already experienced with some devices by the past.
Although I want all our customers to be happy and, @23jim , I suggest you to contact me if you think your V3Pro to have a unbearable "chemical taste" and if you want to get your unit replaced, I can't promise you the support team's reply to be positive but I'll do my best to help you, feel free to contact me here or in Reddit (u/TopGreenRep and r/XmaxVape).
ps: If the issue is coming from some potentially uncured silicone part, the taste/smell will disappear in a few days. Except that there is nothing able to give a such taste like @Cheebsy said there is only the heater between air inlerts and bottom chamber.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Did you do a little iso swab first? I would keep burning off, I usually do a full charge or more to be safe with burnoffs, and if you can get some airflowing through it like with a fan that would be even better... I'd also recommend letting it sit, airing out afterwards, at least overnight, longer the better, likewise with the parts of the mouthpiece after they have been cleaned... The bad smells are likely leached from the foam packaging material unfortunately.

Low-toll-microdoser

Same here I will give it a few more tries at full temp burn off but only try it @356f it does get rather warm when doing multiple back to back burn offs I really want something like the v3 but clean and safe any suggestions if I decide to ditch and return?

Did you do a little iso swab first? I would keep burning off, I usually do a full charge or more to be safe with burnoffs, and if you can get some airflowing through it like with a fan that would be even better... I'd also recommend letting it sit, airing out afterwards, at least overnight, longer the better, likewise with the parts of the mouthpiece after they have been cleaned... The bad smells are likely leached from the foam packaging material unfortunately.
Shit snacks hi
you seem to be a little better at pr than xmaxvaporizer regarding this unpleasant v3 issue that I am also having a similar experience with

im glad I’ve got my dynavap if the v3 goes back to Amazon/dopevapes

Low-toll-microdoser,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Shit Snacks

Shit snacks hi
you seem to be a little better at pr than xmaxvaporizer regarding this unpleasant v3 issue that I am also having a similar experience with

My v3pro actually neutralized pretty quick though, not having this issue so much here (though it's more for problem for me with my xlux) but yeah these are still low end budget devices, for ultimate flavor purity, you're going to want to look to a more top-tier pure convection on demand device... And this is not the place to discuss that, there are posts in Ask FC that you can look to find many suggestions, or post your own thread there (also by the way if you press the quote button at the bottom of a post you can collect them and reply to multiple at once with the insert quote button when you post instead of posting back to back)

Petetbay

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Same here I will give it a few more tries at full temp burn off but only try it @356f it does get rather warm when doing multiple back to back burn offs I really want something like the v3 but clean and safe any suggestions if I decide to ditch and return?

Shit snacks hi

Hi, like many peoples said it's not usual to get a such taste... I'll transmit your feedback to the team though and, if you feel uncomfortable with the device you get, feel free to contact me for support and/or infos.
Here my recommendations before first use with flowers:

- Swab the chamber with a q-tip dipped in iso (unit upside down)
- Swab the silicone holder with Q-tip+iso and rinse it with water (it's the silicone part in the stock mouthpiece)
- Throw the ceramic and the filter screen in an iso jar, rinse with water
- clean the plastic mouthpiece cover with soap&water
- Let all this parts disassembled in a airy place overnight/a few hours
- Proceed burn-offs, I think 2 is the right number (it's only in order to "burn-off" eventual dust on the heater... although the devices are assembled under very clean&controlled environment and a burn-off is done before to be packaged) no need to do severals back to back burn-offs. Keep the mouthpiece off the device for burn-offs.
- last would be to clean the body/housing of the device using a soft cloth, after I think you are good to go (to be honnest I only swab the chamber myself though...)

Don't know what means "to be little at pr", please let me know your concerns about me...:shrug:
This is will help me to be a better Company Rep, thank you in advance 🙏

I understand your disappointment but I suggest you to give it another try after you did all the recommendations, we have a long experience in vaporizers building and we always improved devices/production technic based on customers feedbacks. This is happened for the V3Pro also... we already mades a lot of tiny modifications since the device was released in September 2021. I report myself every issue I'm informed about in FC & Reddit. Best regards.

justcametomind

Did Xmax v3pro have had any update I should be aware of before buying?
How small is the oven? I plan to use it with CBD (and capsules), is it any bigger than the Fury 2 oven hopefully?
Thanks is advance.

23jim

I have not had a chance to run my unit again but I am wondering if it is just the heating element. It looks like it uses kanthal coils which none of my previous vapes (crafty +, Argo,..) used. Abit concerned about this and I am sure it's been discussed but it makes me wonder about it's safety.

23jim,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Abit concerned about this and I am sure it's been discussed but it makes me wonder about it's safety.
Many vapes use it, some peeps do not like the taste...never eaten Kanthel myself...it was talked about earlier even though we aren't meant to talk material safety in vape-specific threads, it should be talked about in the material safety thread where it will not be seen :lol:
is it any bigger than the Fury 2
Same size oven

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I have not had a chance to run my unit again but I am wondering if it is just the heating element. It looks like it uses kanthal coils which none of my previous vapes (crafty +, Argo,..) used. Abit concerned about this and I am sure it's been discussed but it makes me wonder about it's safety.
Yes, the heating element is made of Kanthal (FeCrAl) and yes, it looks like a tiny percentage of peoples are sensitives to this alloy, maybe 1 people per severals thousands peoples... I don't know how to check if you are trully sensitive to this alloy. Let me know if the bad taste faded with your device, it must disappear in 2 days max if you let your device to sit in an airy place.
Did Xmax v3pro have had any update I should be aware of before buying?
How small is the oven? I plan to use it with CBD (and capsules), is it any bigger than the Fury 2 oven hopefully?
Thanks is advance.
Like @LesPlenty said the bowl size is pretty similar, just a tiny larger for the V3Pro although, since it's convection based, we don't recommand to pack it down&tight, please prefer to use loose loads, this is means the content to be slightly less than the Fury's load size. We released our own dosing caps although you will be able to use your old F2 dosing caps, great news isn't it? Have fun!

Shit Snacks

Kanthal is very common now, it is a metal design specifically for heaters like this, because the metal has good properties to heat up without weakening, can glow safely etc. Sometimes it can partake more of a flavor than stainless steel, nichrome is one that I was always more sensitive to myself as well... Metal heaters in general could have a taste for people though, there are a lot of variables here lol too early for you to tell?

23jim

The heater smell was mostly gone so I gave it a wiff with som Rythim Afternoon delight #7 (a first time for me).

It's cloudy production is weak. As a convention vape it's kind of new to me. Pales against the craft+. Even the Argo produced more. BUT.....it hits harder then it looks. Maybe not to Crafty levels but hits hit me harder than from the Argo (but nowhere like a dynavap).

It does get hot holding however. Not so bad as to bother me, but there.

As I am always trying to hide my vaping from my teenagers (I told them when I got my medical card). I feel it is moderately stealthy on par with Crafty but not Argo.

I prefer to Argo as the hits are harder. Taste is nice not better than clean Crafty though. Definitely wispy.
I think investment in water piece may be a good addition or even a J hook to the water pipe adapter. Any suggestions.

Using POTV dosing caps and work great. Probably reason I will keep it. It's strong enough to get you high, decent light vapor, nice setup to use, even cook.

If I had to do again would have just bought Tiny Mite but will probably just use this one for a while.

Excuse the misspellings. High after all.

Shit Snacks

Using POTV dosing caps and work great. Probably reason I will keep it. It's strong enough to get you high, decent light vapor, nice setup to use, even cook.

This could be partially why you are seeing wispy vapor, typical depending on the temperature settings, capsule problems... I think you can get much thicker vapor, you need to hone in your technique probably?

paradise

If I had to do again would have just bought Tiny Mite but will probably just use this one for a while.
Interesting, I'm actually considering the V3 to replace my TM for outdoors stuff since it's a lot more sturdy and easier to carry around.
I tried a bowl from a friend (no capsule), on-demand, quite nice! Just gotta give it that slow warm inhale and it can definitely pull off some clouds :ko: Looking forward to trying it through a water piece too

Top Bottom