Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have one of these on it's way to me, bought it with a nice 420 discount, will hopefully arrive sometime next week.
Wanted to prepare myself a bit and hoped to get some user tips. Started to read this thread but it's quite long so wondered if somebody could speed me up a bit on some of the users tips and advices that have been agreed on somehow along the way.

Am especially interested in using it in the on demand mode so any tips/tricks there would be appreciated.

I like cool vapor, ordered the glass wpa mp too as i thought this would provide cooler vapor (have a hulastem that i wanted to use if it fits). But by the looks of it this will not necessarily add extra cooling if i understand correct? Saw something about the glass mp using different materials (screen?) than the original mp? Which one will deliver the coolest vapor: the native mp or the wpa?

Also: what is the flute-like technique exactly? Is it something like feathering the airport on a Dynavap-device?

tia!
On demand vs session mode imo is not a big difference, since in both there will be a similar heat up time. So 'on-demand' does not really mean instant, as far as that goes. Either works fine. I personally use sesh mode even if I just want one or two hits,

The std mp has a very, very good cooling system, that ceramic thingy, and it imo is about as cool as the glass mp (or wpa used as glass mp). But the wpa will let you attach to 14mm glass, so if your hula stem is 14mm female, you're good. I like to use a relatively small glass j-hook.

If you have not had a convection style vape before, be advised there may be a brief learning curve about draw. Longer draws give better results, in general.

Yes, the flute reference means covering some/all of the air intakes with finger(s).

fogbank

I have one of these on it's way to me, bought it with a nice 420 discount, will hopefully arrive sometime next week.
Wanted to prepare myself a bit and hoped to get some user tips. Started to read this thread but it's quite long so wondered if somebody could speed me up a bit on some of the users tips and advices that have been agreed on somehow along the way.
My tip for getting lots of vapor from the V3 Pro is to start with 3-4 strong "cigar" puffs to get it primed and them draw hard and long. I used to cover the air holes but I no longer do that. Just the "cigar" puffs to prime it and then the long hard draw.

I'm currently using the POTV One dosing capsules (they fit perfectly) but my technique is the same if I fill the bowl normally.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
My tip for getting lots of vapor from the V3 Pro is to start with 3-4 strong "cigar" puffs to get it primed and them draw hard and long. I used to cover the air holes but I no longer do that. Just the "cigar" puffs to prime it and then the long hard draw.
Same here. I do partially cover the holes in certain circumstances, but mostly pretty much what you said.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Thanks for the replys!

On demand vs session mode imo is not a big difference, since in both there will be a similar heat up time. So 'on-demand' does not really mean instant, as far as that goes. Either works fine. I personally use sesh mode even if I just want one or two hits,

Ok, thx! I was in the impession that it would heat up a little faster and would prevent any useless cooking of the herb in 'on-demand' mode. I realise the bowl itself is not heated but in session mode i would expect some heating up throughout the session.
You just switch it off after hitting it instead? Makes sense...

The std mp has a very, very good cooling system, that ceramic thingy, and it imo is about as cool as the glass mp (or wpa used as glass mp).

Ok, good to know. I'll check that out first then!
If you have not had a convection style vape before, be advised there may be a brief learning curve about draw. Longer draws give better results, in general.

I have a Wolkenkraft Aris ( i think that is the same as a Fenix pro?). That is convection (or mostly convection) i think? I do like it, good vapor production, nice flavour, cooks evenly... But it doesn't have the changeable battery or the on-demand modus. The vapor does get kinda hot on the end of the session...
Hopefully the Xmax will match this device (or even outclass it...)...

Yes, the flute reference means covering some/all of the air intakes with finger(s).

Got it!

Ok, i'll give that a go. I do the puffing to prime it sometimes with the wolkenkraft too so i see your point!

Petetbay

Does anybody know if this screen will fit. I just purchased a different size for the TM.
3/8" (.375 inch | 9.5 mm) Premium Curved 304 Stainless Steel Concave Pipe Screens (10 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078QBJSRD/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_R6SNWZCSD4YE5X2JQCED?psc=1
Should fit bowl is like 9.71mm if I remember right, I have 9.52mm glass spacers and they are loose. If installing the screen to prevent herb bits from falling thru the bottom screen imo the holes are too big and you are better off with a mesh screen don’t think this screen will do much.

v3Pro glass spacers from somewhere in Maine I think if someone’s interested.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I promised the wife a Tafee Bowle (TB) if/when a new improved version is released but there aren't any signs yet. I'm considering getting her a V3 Pro while waiting for the TB upgrade but I have to ask an uncomfortable question......

- I've seen mention of minor smell issues. Some are saying its the packaging leaching onto the unit and some mention the silicone in the mouthpiece(s). I haven't found anyone complaining about taste issues AND I haven't found anyone claiming they couldn't deal with the smell. I had some bad experiences with smell/taste issues on some vapes that I couldn't get beyond that others thought was no big deal. I have come to the conclusion that we may be hyper-sensitive to these types of smells. We had a similar issue with the smell of an air fryer that others thought was fine.

So I gotta ask.....anyone experiencing a lingering, minor/slight smell/taste?

NOLOGO

I gotta say, the only off taste I've had with my V3Pro is when I try to squeeze an extra toke out of a session that I should've ended already lol (but in my experience that's nearly the same taste in every vape).

This vape is truly a bargain, especially when you can grab it on sale!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

Am especially interested in using it in the on demand mode so any tips/tricks there would be appreciated.

I like cool vapor, ordered the glass wpa mp too as i thought this would provide cooler vapor (have a hulastem that i wanted to use if it fits). But by the looks of it this will not necessarily add extra cooling if i understand correct? Saw something about the glass mp using different materials (screen?) than the original mp? Which one will deliver the coolest vapor: the native mp or the wpa?

Also: what is the flute-like technique exactly? Is it something like feathering the airport on a Dynavap-device?

tia!
Most replies you got was on favor of the Session mode although I spoken with many users who are only using their V3Pro in On-Demand mode with big success and large clouds. Yes you are correct about the glass mouthpiece not providing extra cooling although it provides a cleaner taste!
Yes the flute-like technique is similar to the one you mentioned. I'm very glad you took the plunge and ordered a V3Pro, feel free to post your feedback and questions here and/or to contact me for infos, tips&tricks or support, have fun!
Does anybody know if this screen will fit. I just purchased a different size for the TM.
3/8" (.375 inch | 9.5 mm) Premium Curved 304 Stainless Steel Concave Pipe Screens (10 Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078QBJSRD/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_R6SNWZCSD4YE5X2JQCED?psc=1
Hi, I'm afraid this screen to be too small for theV3Pro since the bowl is a bit less than 11mm wide. Why do you want a concave screen? Is it in order to reduce the bowl size?
I promised the wife a Tafee Bowle (TB) if/when a new improved version is released but there aren't any signs yet. I'm considering getting her a V3 Pro while waiting for the TB upgrade but I have to ask an uncomfortable question......

- I've seen mention of minor smell issues. Some are saying its the packaging leaching onto the unit and some mention the silicone in the mouthpiece(s). I haven't found anyone complaining about taste issues AND I haven't found anyone claiming they couldn't deal with the smell. I had some bad experiences with smell/taste issues on some vapes that I couldn't get beyond that others thought was no big deal. I have come to the conclusion that we may be hyper-sensitive to these types of smells. We had a similar issue with the smell of an air fryer that others thought was fine.

Really, only a fews peoples mentionned smell issues and it looks like it was only right after unboxing, it appears it dissipates pretty fast though. Hope she will appreciate the V3Pro, let us to know!

MoltenTiger

I'm still happy with mine.

I haven't had any issue with material smells or quality issues.

there was a minor factory smell when first firing up, but it very quickly dissipated on both of my units.

Some mentioned the packaging smelt strongly, so I just checked mine. Both boxes have been sitting for months. There is a faint smell to the foam tray, but it's not strong or rancid.
I can't remember if the units were vac-sealed, so maybe it would be worse if the device was couped up with the foam for an extended period and unable to breathe. I don't think the shop I purchased from was sitting on the stock very long at all, the units were out of the packaging from the moment I had them too.
I did suspect those with smell complaints might not have had the chance to let their devices breathe as soon?
Although perhaps being hypersensitive is all it takes for this to be a problem, although I think I am fairly sensitive to things like this.

I didn't notice any flocking or powder from the foam tray, an issue I think I remember someone raising, it seems closed cell, maybe ESD EVA foam. Just a guess, and it's entirely possible different materials have been used for packaging over the course of production? Mostly third-parties seem to arrange and supply packaging like this.

The company has been quite responsive and have been tuning the BOM as this product matures.

It seems like one of the safest bets in all honesty.

It's definitely not a purist product however.

His_Highness

Glad to hear there are no smell or taste issues.... minor or otherwise!

Now we can get down to business....: Where are the U.S. folk buying their V3 Pros and "glass" mouthpieces. POTV has the V3 Pro but only has the silicone water adapter and I tend to steer clear of silicone whenever I can.

His_Highness

VPM had the new color but 420edc throws in the WPA for free so I selected the silver unit and the free WPA. Free shipping as well. Out the door for $109.

1 x XMax V3 Pro in Silver Gradient BonusBox Bundle​

• Choose Medium StashCase Color: Blue
  • Install StashCase Label? Let's Not put the 420EDC Logo on the case
  • Choose BonusBox Extra: Glass 14mm WPA

Thanks for all the help FC!!!

NOLOGO

Thinking about picking one up as well, it's just so cheap for what by all accounts should be a very capable performer. I'll mostly be using it for when I go walking the dog stuff like that. I read some comments about the bowl being hard to clean though?
like most vapes, if you empty the chamber while hot it easily falls out.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thinking about picking one up as well, it's just so cheap for what by all accounts should be a very capable performer. I'll mostly be using it for when I go walking the dog stuff like that. I read some comments about the bowl being hard to clean though?

Yeah easy to clean, empty when hot, and can use iso qtip to swab chamber

His_Highness

Got the V3 Pro late yesterday. I'll put together a full review once we work through the usual new vape steps. In the meantime....

We're currently working through the burn-offs. Max temp, 6 minute timer and constant mouth-pumping. Can definitely get the vape and the standard mouthpiece hot this way but not so hot that its unusable which is impressive considering how I deliberately set out to heat stress it. There was, as others have mentioned, the usual new electronics smell that was very minor to start off with and after 2 max temp burn-offs was no longer noticeable.

Next we set out to do another two max temp burn-offs using the WPA. Right from the start there was "a chemical" taste/smell. After the second burn-off the taste/smell was still just as strong so we set the WPA aside until we can cure the WPA. We put the original mouthpiece back on and did another set of max temp mouth pumps as a back-check and the WPA smell/taste was faintly there and looks to have transferred. By the end of the burn-off the smell/taste was gone again. Anyone else run into this with the WPA and if/so what did you do fix it? Is it the silicone?

I'll hold off using flower until I can cure the WPA because I don't want to mask the issue.

Top Bottom