Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
...what I said just above about convection vapes and 'cigar puffing' to get going.
I love open air flow, but some vapes perform better with some restriction; fast air moving through kinda foils the heating process.
Yeah and I suspect folks try to just hit harder when they don't see big enough clouds right away. With the the V3's smaller heater that's not gonna help

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I don't know about the slow draws or restricting air flow, I get better clouds when I huff on mine...naked and pull on it hard I say...especially on a bong, the first rip is good, the second rip is a doozy!
But I say there is no wrong way to use a vape as long as the user is happy with their results. :2c:

XpeeN

ADD TO FIRMWARE REQ: Auto Screen Flip/Rotate, like on ECig mods...
yea, I realized it'll be upsidedown on my bong most of the time. so I'll probably wait for that feature, I'm surprised that they didn't include it.
Screen flip would be a nice addition, but I don't think it worth it to be automatic, though. It'll require hardware support that will raise the price of the unit.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Screen flip would be a nice addition, but I don't think it worth it to be automatic, though. It'll require hardware support that will raise the price of the unit.

Whether it’s a desirable feature or not, many of my CHEAP ECig mods have screen flip and are firmware update able. A lot of these flower & oil vape manufactors are seemingly years behind on including such features.

CatchDoubleDuece

Sip n rip is what I call it.

On every pull but more so on the very first, I sip it for a few seconds just a few times, slow 2-3 sips and my mouth can sense the heat build up along with the flavor, just a few times is all that's needed and then a long hard pull anywhere between 8-12 seconds and I get almost uncontainable hits and I've been referred to as a freight train back in the day. This little thing has wrecked me to tears.

And even though the magnets on the battery cover went to shit (probably thermal issue w/ glue I used) so I need to use a hair tie to hold it on but it's still my fav new pocket toy and everyone I share it with absolutely loves it and wants one.

Antrim50

On every pull but more so on the very first, I sip it for a few seconds just a few times, slow 2-3 sips and my mouth can sense the heat build up along with the flavor, just a few times is all that's needed and then a long hard pull anywhere between 8-12 seconds and I get almost uncontainable hits and I've been referred to as a freight train back in the day. This little thing has wrecked me to tears.

And even though the magnets on the battery cover went to shit (probably thermal issue w/ glue I used) so I need to use a hair tie to hold it on but it's still my fav new pocket toy and everyone I share it with absolutely loves it and wants one.
Is this in session mode? What temp?

maremaresing

Whether it’s a desirable feature or not, many of my CHEAP ECig mods have screen flip and are firmware update able. A lot of these flower & oil vape manufactors are seemingly years behind on including such features.
Concur, a lot of the strife in new products can be resolved by firmware being user serviceable. "Oops we didn't give high enough temp for our vape to work in the cold" could be an easy thing to fix. Same with manual screen flips, changes to on demand modes, etc.

VincentTheHealer

I dropped my unit a few time and my magnet detached too. Now I put a rubber band near the intakes and another one near the bottom of the device. Doing so keeps the battery cover in place, give the device somekind of shock resistance and better grip and as a bonus can regulate intake flow as other users in this thread recommended. I wish I could be a bit less rough with my devices, lol

Last edited:

CatchDoubleDuece

Everyone says my wife's pink hair band gives it a nice touch.

The magnets I glued back on after it fell the one time are still adhered to the cover and for about a week or so snapped right on tight but for some reason the bottom magnet no longer has strength to even withstand the battery ribbon so I use the hair band just above the temp controls but still below the LCD. It's just an old school traditional hair tie but without any metal clasp and it does the trick.

v3_band-aid_r.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think it's a conscious design decision to keep things simple, and I wholly appreciate that in this case. My wife appreciates it a lot more.
KISS principle!
I've had RBT Splinters and stuff on box mods and have been intimidated by the learning curve a good deal of the time-- and I'm mechanically inclined!
They'll incrementally tweak the important things and settings in-house.

Robert-in-YEG

What I would like to see, more correctly feel, would be Braile like dots to identify the main button, and the temperature. Sometimes I vape in the dark, and without tactile controls, I often struggle to find the buttons.

The other thing with the v3 that could be improved is durability. The older Starry 3 is built like a tank; it can go in my pocket without worry. The V3 Pro is NOT very robust; it feels like plastic or very thin metal.

Has anyone ever seen a RYOT VERB? The VERB is built like a tank. To have everything the V3 Pro offers in a durable body like the VERB, it would be a very desirable unit.

Robert-in-YEG

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
~ Winston Churchill

cieje

I think it's a conscious design decision to keep things simple, and I wholly appreciate that in this case. My wife appreciates it a lot more.
KISS principle!
I've had RBT Splinters and stuff on box mods and have been intimidated by the learning curve a good deal of the time-- and I'm mechanically inclined!
They'll incrementally tweak the important things and settings in-house.

oh yeah I definitely don't think it needs to be automatic.

thunderstealer1337

Are you saying it is harder with capsules when compared to none, just regular bowl? Have you tried just regular? Sorry if dumb questions, but these convection vapes do require some amount of draw to get things going - sometimes even on every hit if allowed to cool bit in between. Slow, cigar puffs at first, not even inhaling, then you can inhale in earnest once it producing well. Moisture content of your bud plays into this; dry is good.
yes, without the capsules the thing is awesome, I do not agree with following the trend of "using fury or potv capsules" - is a good thing, its not, imo on my unit the capsules does take way longer (abnormal to the design imo) to heatup vs no capsules, the thing does heats up so fast, but that doesnt really help it, we need air to be drawn through to warmup the entire chamber to actual heat up the capsules

I am comparing this to potv that was desinged for the capsules, it heats up you suck you get vapor, the xmax with capsules you heat up you suck suck suck and suck some more then you get vapor

fogbank

Yes, priming with "cigar puffs" works with this vape too. I just tried it, without blocking the air holes, and I got tons of vapor and dark brown/black ABV. I generally prefer not to use "cigar puffs" so I'll probably still play around with blocking the air holes. But I think it's a great sign that this vape can really produce with either technique. So far I am satisfied with the battery life on the V3Pro. I don't have any numbers, I just realized that I haven't had to think about it for a while. Quite a contrast to the Hopper.

Antrim50

After a few days trial I think this one is not hitting the mark for me.

I'd say 10/10 on almost every function. It hits the design brief perfectly.. but the draw resistance - whilst I understand why it's there - is not for me..

I'll be looking to sell to make space for something else😞

Robert-in-YEG

After a few days trial I think this one is not hitting the mark for me.
I'm in agreement; the V3 Pro is close, but no cigar.

I've spent two days now adding the V3 into my daily routine.

The V3 Pro works, but the performance is inconsistent. Like the Yocan VANE, packing is everything with this vape. I could be doing something wrong; everyone here can decide on that.

No matter how I pack the Starry v3, it produces clouds of vapor. There is vapor at 329F and more vapor as the temp does higher. The draw seems restricted given the tiny mouthpiece, but if it is clean, the Starry 33 works like a charm, first time, and every time.

The Solo II is fussy with packing; it can easily be overpacked, making drawing difficult. That said, after learning how to pack the aroma tubes - lots of info on that - it is a reliable heavy hitter, even at low temperatures. At the beginning I had a love/hate relationship with the Solo, often finding it too difficult to draw. The problem wasn't the Solo, it was how it was packed.

The V3 Pro is a disappointment, but that does not make it bad unit, just not the right fit for me. Despite trying different ways of packing - loose, tight, coarse ground, fine ground, etc. - the unit just isn't producing enough vapor to push out the terpenes, THC, or CBD; psychoactive effects are not the greatest. Disclaimer - I'm packing the herb directly in the V3; haven't tried dosing capsules.

Sometimes it can be nice to have a lighter vape. I woke and enjoyed a few puffs of the V3. Not sure it did anything, but it started my day. Again, like Vane, prayer and good luck seem to impact on how satisfying a session may be?

Foe heavy chronic daily use, the Solo II is my first choice, because it is effective and easy to clean. If smoking high THC or anything that produces lots of resin, the Solo can go for days between cleaning; it looks like crap, but it still works. With the Starry v3, after a day (or less), the screens are clogged.

Last, I have to mention the Airistech Switch. This little <$50 device has impressed me. Yesterday I was able to run 4+ sessions on one charge; it died on the 5th. The Switch left a noticeable buzz. The vapor is hot, the unit gets hot, but it does OK, given the price.

robert-in-YEG

"When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment."
~ Ryan Reynolds

Antrim50

I'm in agreement; the V3 Pro is close, but no cigar.

I've spent two days now adding the V3 into my daily routine.

The V3 Pro works, but the performance is inconsistent. Like the Yocan VANE, packing is everything with this vape. I could be doing something wrong; everyone here can decide on that.

No matter how I pack the Starry v3, it produces clouds of vapor. There is vapor at 329F and more vapor as the temp does higher. The draw seems restricted given the tiny mouthpiece, but if it is clean, the Starry 33 works like a charm, first time, and every time.

The Solo II is fussy with packing; it can easily be overpacked, making drawing difficult. That said, after learning how to pack the aroma tubes - lots of info on that - it is a reliable heavy hitter, even at low temperatures. At the beginning I had a love/hate relationship with the Solo, often finding it too difficult to draw. The problem wasn't the Solo, it was how it was packed.

The V3 Pro is a disappointment, but that does not make it bad unit, just not the right fit for me. Despite trying different ways of packing - loose, tight, coarse ground, fine ground, etc. - the unit just isn't producing enough vapor to push out the terpenes, THC, or CBD; psychoactive effects are not the greatest. Disclaimer - I'm packing the herb directly in the V3; haven't tried dosing capsules.

Sometimes it can be nice to have a lighter vape. I woke and enjoyed a few puffs of the V3. Not sure it did anything, but it started my day. Again, like Vane, prayer and good luck seem to impact on how satisfying a session may be?

Foe heavy chronic daily use, the Solo II is my first choice, because it is effective and easy to clean. If smoking high THC or anything that produces lots of resin, the Solo can go for days between cleaning; it looks like crap, but it still works. With the Starry v3, after a day (or less), the screens are clogged.

Last, I have to mention the Airistech Switch. This little <$50 device has impressed me. Yesterday I was able to run 4+ sessions on one charge; it died on the 5th. The Switch left a noticeable buzz. The vapor is hot, the unit gets hot, but it does OK, given the price.

robert-in-YEG

"When you have expectations, you are setting yourself up for disappointment."
~ Ryan Reynolds
I don't know if capsules will make any difference. I get semi-decent vapour on 2 of the 4/5 draws. It's just.. well, enough said.

The quest continues... I am starting to think that if I'd just bought a tiny might on day 1 if have saved myself the hassle and cost of the money I've spent on other vapes in the meantime

maremaresing

I think in a way it's not fair to judge dosing cap use in the V3 as this wasn't what it was designed for use with. That it fits perfectly is beside the point. I'll never go back to not using dosing caps in the V3, and like the performance with them *at room temp*. Change that equation and it gets difficult to extract. I'd go back to dumping herb in the oven as intended but, well, you can't clean the airpath and I want to make the vape last longer.

I don't think that XMAX will change either of these things soon, so I have to accept it as it comes. Fortunately, that is a vape that checks almost every box for me, and feels great in the hand.

To mirror others, the battery life on the v3 is insane. It lasts forever. The other thing I love is the heat up time. It's quicker than I expect almost every time, and then it's just ready to go for the whole session.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
to get this tread back on track here is my suggestion on how to load the vape. I like my brilliant cut grinder fine plate don't grind upside-down at all and I only grind a few pieces at a time to give the ground bud as much space as possible to spread out and fall through the holes as quickly as possible for the coarsest grind from the fine plate. load the herb into a small narrow bottle, dube tube, what have you and fill the V3 by tapping the bottle like your ashing off a joint to get a stream of ground bud pouring out and fill to full then tap the vapes bottom on a table to slightly tamp. put on mouthpiece and go!

StonerSloth

cui bono?
I just got my V3 the other day. I haven't even used it yet and the magnets have already fallen off the mouthpiece. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this besides getting a new mouthpiece from the vendor/manufacturer or superglue (which I'm not doing....)

This is a really disappointing start for what seems to be an exciting new device!

Thanks in advance!

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
Be mindful that the magnets must go back in the same way round they came out (don't reverse the polarity!)
The magnet on the lid of my Fog came out and I pushed it back in again only to find that instead of the lid pulling itself shut, it repelled itself open. I couldn't get the magnet back out to reverse it so I had to take the unit apart to reverse the magnet inside the body of the unit instead.
Sorry if it's obvious, but it can happen!

Top Bottom