Multi-brand Xmax V3Pro vaporizer, convection, on-demand&session.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
those always end up sticking and falling off :doh: was thinking of picking up one of those inception j hooks, they are 20% right now

Awesome choice! That's what I have for my 14 mm hook as well, they may be even cheaper closer to Black Friday, I think he's done 40% for that and 420 before? But 20% off is still good because who knows really

StringTheorista

And where the hell you find hemp fiber been looking for ages, I use unbleached cotton for ejuice coils to line the top and bottom of the bowls for hash.
You can usually find unbleached, undyed, organic degummed hemp fiber for sale on Etsy. For example, this:

or this:

Now, can anyone tell me if City Vaporizer is a reputable company?
thanks

Last edited:

Hominine

Silicone and glass WPA ordered! Didn't get that same-day shipping notification, but hey I'm just glad to get the ball rolling. Recieved the POTV dosing capsules as well and they fit like a charm. =)

Also, got a spare battery and have had no issues switching them out.

Old_muel

So the silicone wpa just slips over the stock mouthpiece right? And do the glass WPA & glass mouthpiece have the ceramic piece in them or not? Wouldn't really make sense to I guess but hey ya never know🤷‍♂️

maremaresing

I appreciate the heads up that VPM has the accessories in stock. Excited to try the glass WPA and see what else fits there. I also snagged some mesh screens for the vleaf go, as that size seems compatible with dynavaps and... the v3 pro.

VPM has free shipping which I thought was a nice touch.

Crooksy_NoSmoke

Original delivery date of 11/8 but it arrived today (11/2) from VPM (to US). Brought it to work with me (yes I swabbed it out with iso and did a full temp burn off). Packed 3 POTV dosing capsules but only hit one sesh. Really impressed with the single session I had earlier. Will put it through it's paces when I get home later. My only prior experience with convection vapes is the Boundless Tera. The V3P hits soooo much smoother. I cant handle any of my other vapes past 400F without water filtration or attaching a J-Hook or Simrell Short Vortex (attached with one of the end pieces of a Starry WPA hose). No issues running it at 415F. Wish the accessories were available at time of purchase.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I like the stock mouthpiece...what is the advantage of glass?
Glass is the purist main accessorie, it's supposed to deliver a better taste although the V3Pro glass mouthpiece remains to offer a slightly harsher vapoor since the ceramic maze was replaced by a less effective stainless steel vapor cooler. In my mind this is an accessorie for low temp sessions!
So the silicone wpa just slips over the stock mouthpiece right? And do the glass WPA & glass mouthpiece have the ceramic piece in them or not? Wouldn't really make sense to I guess but hey ya never know🤷‍♂️
Yes the silicone wpa slips over the stock mouthpiece. Both the glass mouthpiece and the wpa haven't the ceramic cooler but only a stainless steel cooler which is less effective to smooth the vapor imo. Although it offers a very different experience but I prefer myself the stock mouthpiece at the end of the day.
Original delivery date of 11/8 but it arrived today (11/2) from VPM (to US). Brought it to work with me (yes I swabbed it out with iso and did a full temp burn off). Packed 3 POTV dosing capsules but only hit one sesh. Really impressed with the single session I had earlier. Will put it through it's paces when I get home later. My only prior experience with convection vapes is the Boundless Tera. The V3P hits soooo much smoother. I cant handle any of my other vapes past 400F without water filtration or attaching a J-Hook or Simrell Short Vortex (attached with one of the end pieces of a Starry WPA hose). No issues running it at 415F. Wish the accessories were available at time of purchase.
I'm glad you enjoyed your V3Pro, main advantage of the unit is the smooth vapor, thanks to the smart ceramic cooler our engineers designed!

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Hi everyone, new here and new to vaping. I am looking for a portable since I usually smoke when outside, taking a walk for example. This will be my first vape! I’ve browsed around here on FC and found a few interesting options but now looking mostly at the XMax V3 Pro here.

Read in this thread that there have been new versions with improvements already in the short time it’s been out. Does anyone which European shops have the newest one?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
On the VPM site (I'm a new fan of theirs) I found it difficult to navigate to all attachments for the V3 Pro by drilling down on the device's page. But this link has a lot of accessories, spare parts, etc. including a dedicated inline bubbler.

Yes the silicone wpa slips over the stock mouthpiece. Both the glass mouthpiece and the wpa haven't the ceramic cooler but only a stainless steel cooler which is less effective to smooth the vapor imo. Although it offers a very different experience but I prefer myself the stock mouthpiece at the end of the day.
Thanks for this. I wonder if you notice any more open draw with the glass mp? (although I notice that with this small dia. chamber as with a hopper, the tightness of pack can have major impact on draw)

Just a comment about the "wpa" that slips over the mouthpiece. I would prefer zero components on the inside of a wpa. My whole thing is full replacement of standard cooling to let as much of the goods as possible out, then let me cool or filter as I prefer. Does the glass wpa have any added cooling, like the glass mp does?

And last, the bubbler attachment I linked above -- have you tried it? (or anyone?) do you think it contains this same 'metal' cooling device as the glass mp?

Petetbay

The glass used for the V3Pro glass wpa, glass mp, and bubbler appears to be the same as the glass used for V2Pro and Starry accessories which I have already. I need the new glass wpa for the mounting system. @PPN the stainless steel cooler you mention in the new accessories is the same screen in the original V3 mp?

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
Mailbox treasure!!!! Blue wrapped battery came about 75% charged. Looks like I ordered a day or two too early. I just went back an ordered the XMax V3 Pro Glass Water Pipe Adapter and Silicone Adapter. I don't think I have anything in my odds and ends that would fit this for bong use otherwise.

20211102_132445[1].png

maremaresing

VPM Doesn't have the free shipping I saw. It gets added at the last step, when info is entered. My fault for not noticing, but I would expect more options or better. $10 for a lightweight cap is crazy on shipping prices. I'm canceling my order with them and waiting for an up front and reasonable vendor like POTV to carry it.

Last edited:
maremaresing,
Reactions: PPN

Hemper

They don't claim to have free shipping - the costs are clearly spelled out in their FAQ section. I had a good experience with them and also found a discount code in Honey.
I got the code from the sign up link at the bottom of one of their pages. I like free shipping, but sometimes you get what you pay for. My first time buying from VPM, and a fine experience so far.

maremaresing

Sorry dawg, I'm not paying $25 to my door for a little bit of plastic and glass for a vape that already works splendidly natively. POTV only charged 2.99 shipping on the Starry WPA and a bunch of other accessories. That's reasonable, and I'll wait til they get it (and buy more POTV caps lol).

FWIW, my customer service interactions with VPM getting my order canceled and refunded were exceptional.

Last edited:

fogbank

In the end I did not have any issues removing the battery without damaging the wrapper. It is tight, but it comes out fine if you're careful.

My daily driver has been Grasshoppers for the last few years. I also own/use the VLeaf Go and the TinyMight.

I've run two bowls through the V3 Pro - two sessions per bowl, 2 hits per session in on-demand mode. I packed loosely but to the brim of the bowl. I started at 428 (I like higher temps). I took 12-16 seconds draws each time. First session gave me impressive clouds, especially on the second hit. Great effects. ABV was mostly light brown after the first session. Second session gave me smaller but still impressive clouds. Great effects. ABV was dark brown/black after the second session. I really feel that the extraction was complete.

I've been counting to see how long it took to reach temp in on-demand mode, and it didn't seem consistent, so I won't state a number at this point. The heat up time was satisfactory to me.

I know that this is not a comparison thread, but I will make a few observations that make me like this vape over my others:

• Good vapor production. Clouds not as big as with the Hoppers or the TinyMight, but still plenty of vapor. Maybe a little more than the VLeaf Go.
  • Removable/Replaceable non-proprietary battery (not true of the Hopper or VLeaf Go).
  • Bigger bowl than the VLeaf Go. About the same size as the Hopper or TinyMight (I haven't measured).
  • Form factor seems more portable than the TinyMight (no glass stem sticking out from the top).
  • Heat up time longer than the Hopper or the VLeaf Go, but still acceptable to me.
I really feel that the battery is the most important feature for me. I think that the battery is the achilles heel of the Hopper. Once they die your Hopper is useless (unless you have the AC power adapter, which makes it non-portable). The same can apply to the VLeaf Go, with it's non-replaceable battery.

I think that the V3Pro hits significantly harder than the VLeaf Go. It feels like it retains heat in the chamber better than the VLeaf Go, resulting in more vapor production after you release the button in on-demand mode.

I am very satisfied with this vape so far!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My V3 Pro will arrive this week and I'm the one who previously asked about an 18mm wpa. Edit: actually it arrived today. Say hello to my little friend! (nice job on the silver gradient)
PXL-20211103-173559960.jpg

Anyway, I wanted to chime in again to say I'd really prefer glass wpa options that don't have a cooling unit built in, just a screen. Putting any sort of cooling jazz in a wpa is only going to clog more quickly and rob flavor. The benefit of a simple wpa is that you can think of the vape as the heater and pair it with whatever glass or water piece for cooling and conditioning.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi everyone, new here and new to vaping. I am looking for a portable since I usually smoke when outside, taking a walk for example. This will be my first vape! I’ve browsed around here on FC and found a few interesting options but now looking mostly at the XMax V3 Pro here.

Read in this thread that there have been new versions with improvements already in the short time it’s been out. Does anyone which European shops have the newest one?

No there have not been new versions with improvements, the only feature was that vibrate on demand, and it was only a few really early ones that did not have that... Order from RecVapes or whatever they are called, mentioned and linked in this thread, great seller for anywhere in the world I think

My V3 Pro will arrive this week and I'm the one who previously asked about an 18mm wpa. Edit: actually it arrived today. Say hello to my little friend! (nice job on the silver gradient)
PXL-20211103-173559960.jpg

Anyway, I wanted to chime in again to say I'd really prefer glass wpa options that don't have a cooling unit built in, just a screen. Putting any sort of cooling jazz in a wpa is only going to clog more quickly and rob flavor. The benefit of a simple, smart wpa is that you can think of the vape as the heater and pair it with whatever glass or water piece for cooling and conditioning.

Thanks!

Very nice! By the way to anyone worried, I'm fairly certain the steel cooling unit he talked about in the glass mouthpieces is going to be fully removable, don't panic unnecessarily! I mean, how could it not be removable lol I'm not sure if he meant just that steel screen, seems like there might be a steel spiral behind it the way PPN described it...

CatchDoubleDuece

Hi all, just hopping back in to mention a mishap I had when the V3 got dropped last week. I really should get a silicone sleeve for it, especially since my wife has a neurological condition in which she has difficulty with grip but normally she uses it while sitting down and bundled up.

The good thing is it landed on a rug over tile (so still a pretty decent thunk when it hit) and the cap and battery lid went flying but over the next few days I've noticed zero performance or visible defects except the magnets that were glued to the battery cover came off. Re-glued them back on and I'm back in business!

Might be a good case for some form of hard-case/cover/skin type ideas as I don't imagine this was designed to withstand drops but being portable it's inevitable.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
No there have not been new versions with improvements, the only feature was that vibrate on demand, and it was only a few really early ones that did not have that... Order from RecVapes or whatever they are called, mentioned and linked in this thread, great seller for anywhere in the world I think
Yes, I might have skimmed through these 25 pages.. thanks for clearing that up for me

Kinick23

the V3Pro glass mouthpiece remains to offer a slightly harsher vapoor since the ceramic maze was replaced by a less effective stainless steel vapor cooler.
@PPN was the rationale behind this that using the ceramic maze would rob flavor vs the SS cooler and the idea was to maximize flavor w/the glass ? I was pretty excited when I heard there was a glass MP option but being less effective cooling wise is a disappointment for me personally. From a user standpoint my preference is always glass over plastic and ideally I’d like the same cooling offered w/the plastic MP but in glass form. I’m gonna sit on the sidelines for now and see how user reports go.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
In the end I did not have any issues removing the battery without damaging the wrapper. It is tight, but it comes out fine if you're careful.
I still feel it is too tight, imagine what the wrapper will be like after a few dozen swaps.
On one of my units, I think maybe the spring has eased up a bit with age as it seems a bit easier to swap but still catches the wrapper a little on the way out so I just charge the battery in the unit as a rule unless I am away from a USB charger.

Top Bottom