XMAX Starry 4, Portable Vaporizer

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I need to ask... I supposed it means not over load the chamber with direct load and the capsule ... but I may be wrong, stay tuned!

I’m tuned IN!

BTW: This is a decent NUG ROASTER, using the plain oven, using a pod would be counter productive.
Start with higher temps, using the highest at end will give you well charred nugs, if that’s your preference. Does show the oven does get HOT, as long as you aren’t looking for best flavor. A plus with ungrounded nugs, is no flower scoobies get stuck to the oil resin that quickly collects on the ceramic filter. I do nugs occasionally with my IQ2, will have to do a side by side to evaluate flavor difference.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
You can get them at the link below, my pre-order kit, included this:

So they are already availables!?! It was planned to be released in June with the ceramic wpa... I like when things are moving faster!
Really cheap for caps, they say they only fit the Starry 4, hopefully someone will confirm that they don’t work in the Starry 3.0, otherwise looks like I will need to pickup a 4.0, if I want these caps which I do.

edit: I’m less and less a cap guy lately, because I have problems with the fingers, but I like using them with hash because it’s cleaner, and these look to do me just fine now that they appear to work in the 3.0. With herb I wouldn’t bother with the caps.
Yes the dosing caps fit the 3.0 too, I used my Starry 4 exclusively with dosing caps and really appreciate the clean taste an ever clean chamber provides.
i just dropped one in my starry v3 and it did fit and the mouthpiece attached just fine

honestly i'm not crazy about the dosing caps in the v4 ... kind of fiddley to fill and for me the hits just aren't as good as without ... i haven't done much testing ... maybe they will grow on me
The dosing caps cut by half the load size, as well the added metal masse delay a little the heat-up& the vapor release, that's a normal thing when using caps. I'm glad you like your Starry 4 though(and thank you for the dosing caps confirmation test you did!)!
From the 420EDU site:

“Avoid using IA/CS on the silicone housing (4th piece down on right) magnets (on underside of side shown in photo): This piece may not come out of the Mouthpiece Top initially, it is not in contact with the vapor path, so you don't need to remove it. It may come out in time with use and heat cycles of expansion and contraction, so here it is in case yours comes out like ours did.”

I briefly tried getting the silicone out, but didn’t want to force it, anyone get theirs out? Seems like something I’d like access to for cleaning eventually!

LINK TO THIS INFO:

I will ask but , in my humble opinion, it's removable, at least I removed it on my device already two times for cleaning. It's better not to soak that small silicone holder in the iso although you can clean it with q-tips and iso.
I put about 6 pods and 3 chamber load’s through the new device, after a good cleaning. In between loads I’d use a damp QTip to get off the tiny bit of resin oil that collects on the surface of the ceramic cooling insert. For a real clean, It’s easy enough to pull it out with your fingernail from the soft silicone that holds it in the mouthpiece.

NOTE: After removing the ceramic filter, I was SHOCKED at the about of reclaim resin oil that was inside the silicone path to swivel mouthpiece. You can get to both sides with an ISO soaked QTip, by removing the swivel MP. That’s a lot of cleaning for so few bowls.

While I soaked the actual removable ceramic filter in 190% ethanol, used a toothbrush to scrub, then hot water flushed, I couldn’t even fit a thin pipe cleaner into it, especially the micro holes on both ends. This piece would best be cleaned in my ultrasonic cleaner now and then. It dried pretty quickly.

I believe this fast buildup of oils are mostly due to the limitations of the nice and small device size. Comparing it my HUGE sized Mighty, the cooling unit alone is almost as big as the Starry-4, all the channels in the Mighty are huge by comparison, which means some extra cooling, but more time between having to clean it before a reduction in draw and some nasty flavors. The design of the IQ2 handles this the best for a similar sized tiny device, but is much more expensive, and it still needs a fair amount of attention to cleaning.

Overall, considering it’s under $100 price point, it seems well constructed, and gets hot enough to get dark roasts if you like. I’ve got more experimenting to do with some various strains, but so far for flavor at the low temps I’d place it 3rd of my conduction portable devices behind the IQ2, then Mighty. If I really want a flavorful session, I’d choose one of my convection vapes.

But it does heat up quickly, and is nice and small, fits the hand nicely with the AIRFLOW control right by your thumb. The IQ2 has a bottom airflow dial, and no AF control on the Mighty, so I’m finding I like it open, more vapor and flavor, so that’s a big plus on a tiny device!

Bottom line, it’s gets the job done, just be prepared to clean it a more often….
Thank you for the feedback, we will consider it! About the reclaim you got, I noticed the same drop of honey at the same place right below the swivel mouthpiece, finally I found better to know where the reclaim build-up rather than to stick everywhere. Let us to know if your feeling evolves in the future
I’m tuned IN!

BTW: This is a decent NUG ROASTER, using the plain oven, using a pod would be counter productive.
Start with higher temps, using the highest at end will give you well charred nugs, if that’s your preference. Does show the oven does get HOT, as long as you aren’t looking for best flavor. A plus with ungrounded nugs, is no flower scoobies get stuck to the oil resin that quickly collects on the ceramic filter. I do nugs occasionally with my IQ2, will have to do a side by side to evaluate flavor difference.
It looks like the recommendation concerns the dosing caps only (about the need to load half of the cup).

Hmm... I'll try full nugs this evening! Thank you for the suggestion!

RustyOldNail

So they are already availables!?! It was planned to be released in June with the ceramic wpa... I like when things are moving faster!

You have to “tune in” better! :)

It looks like the recommendation concerns the dosing caps only (about the need to load half of the cup).

I’ve been filling the capsules to the top, never heard or seen or used a pod that requires a 1/2 load. The device like most conduction devices is basically an OVEN, cooks whatever you put it it, just adjust the temperature higher.

LeftBased

I put about 6 pods and 3 chamber load’s through the new device, after a good cleaning. In between loads I’d use a damp QTip to get off the tiny bit of resin oil that collects on the surface of the ceramic cooling insert. For a real clean, It’s easy enough to pull it out with your fingernail from the soft silicone that holds it in the mouthpiece.

NOTE: After removing the ceramic filter, I was SHOCKED at the about of reclaim resin oil that was inside the silicone path to swivel mouthpiece. You can get to both sides with an ISO soaked QTip, by removing the swivel MP. That’s a lot of cleaning for so few bowls.

While I soaked the actual removable ceramic filter in 190% ethanol, used a toothbrush to scrub, then hot water flushed, I couldn’t even fit a thin pipe cleaner into it, especially the micro holes on both ends. This piece would best be cleaned in my ultrasonic cleaner now and then. It dried pretty quickly.

I believe this fast buildup of oils are mostly due to the limitations of the nice and small device size. Comparing it my HUGE sized Mighty, the cooling unit alone is almost as big as the Starry-4, all the channels in the Mighty are huge by comparison, which means some extra cooling, but more time between having to clean it before a reduction in draw and some nasty flavors. The design of the IQ2 handles this the best for a similar sized tiny device, but is much more expensive, and it still needs a fair amount of attention to cleaning.

Overall, considering it’s under $100 price point, it seems well constructed, and gets hot enough to get dark roasts if you like. I’ve got more experimenting to do with some various strains, but so far for flavor at the low temps I’d place it 3rd of my conduction portable devices behind the IQ2, then Mighty. If I really want a flavorful session, I’d choose one of my convection vapes.

But it does heat up quickly, and is nice and small, fits the hand nicely with the AIRFLOW control right by your thumb. The IQ2 has a bottom airflow dial, and no AF control on the Mighty, so I’m finding I like it open, more vapor and flavor, so that’s a big plus on a tiny device!

Bottom line, it’s gets the job done, just be prepared to clean it a more often….
I do notice when using pods there is oil residue on the filter cu piece and inside but it's not as bad as without pod, without pod tiny specks of Scooby snacks end up in cu filter path.

With pod I do not have this issue, however resin reclaim is abundant I do wipe any visible reclaim left on cu, if I start to feel slugging pull from cu filter I will deep clean it again in Iso, I am loving the pod capsules surprisingly they fully roast my herb and still get very good flavor, I'd say flavor is better than pax mini, pax mini does have a much cooler vapor because of long airpath.

However pax airpath requires deep cleans because of Scooby snacks and resin reclaim built up.

Starry 4 is easy to deep clean the mouth piece. Starry 4 has better flavor then a pax mini.
Temp control is nice, however herbs will still get roasted long enough while baking. Abv color is satisfactory, I am starting to tell when session is done, ended up finishing a bowl slightly faster packed 0.125g (125mg) in dose capsule finished it under 3 minutes. Sure I could have kept hitting but it was at the point where I new abv was roasted to a coffee brown.

Dose capsules cool down under 3 minutes (2min to 2.30mins). However starry 4 metal body remains warm even after dose pod cools down.

Mouthpiece was hotter than starry metal body.

Vapor clouds depend on botanical humidity, grind type, how its packed, variable temperature, how you inhale, how long you inhale.

Overall it has really good flavor for a conduction I'd say it competes with the Fenix mini for flavor. I do not own a craft or mighty so I cannot compare it to that. I can compare to an xlux roffu, the xlux roffu with glass chamber has better flavor slightly, while starry 4 does trade blows. Starry 4 extracts the resins better the cannabinoids hit harder and faster.

And if that isn't enough you can even sprinkle hash on your botanicals and turn up temps for a moonrock style high.

Also bowl size is big enough for higher tolerance users, recently took a t break to lower tolerance, so I don't need much botanicals for medicinal reasons.

However when I was in a lot of pain I packed a little bit more indica for pain and rest and turnt up temps, the flavor still was good at 390f ~ 400f temps shockingly.

Xmax / topgreentech managed to deliver a premium conduction vape at low prices. This isn't garbage or junk don't let the 100 price tag fool you!!!! This reaches mid grade level at low prices. It's up there with a fury edge vape, I do own a fury edge however my starry replaced my edge and pax mini, I haven't even reached for my roffu lately, if you enjoy getting all your cannabinoids fast go for the starry 4, if you only care about having the best flavor even though extraction takes longer inhales than go for a roffu/v3 pro.

If you want over all better vapor efficiency (extraction speed/quality with good flavor) go for a starry 4 with dosage pods.

Starry 4 is really a great value vape. It may not be a crafty or mighty, but it trades good blows with the top brands.

If you own a ball vape than of course you are already at ultimate efficiency, if you want a very efficient portable the starry 4 can't be beat, you don't even have to use a tight pack. Loose packs get extracted well.

Also airflow is adjustable. So far I have like 25% open airflow. The starry 4 isn't a ball vape, it is a very efficient oven for your botanical, you can even vape hash at hotter temps.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

I do notice when using pods there is oil residue on the filter cu piece and inside but it's not as bad as without pod, without pod tiny specks of Scooby snacks end up in cu filter path.

With pod I do not have this issue, however resin reclaim is abundant I do wipe any visible reclaim left on cu, if I start to feel slugging pull from cu filter I will deep clean it again in Iso, I am loving the pod capsules surprisingly they fully roast my herb and still get very good flavor, I'd say flavor is better than pax mini, pax mini does have a much cooler vapor because of long airpath.

However pax airpath requires deep cleans because of Scooby snacks and resin reclaim built up.

Starry 4 is easy to deep clean the mouth piece. Starry 4 has better flavor then a pax mini.
Temp control is nice, however herbs will still get roasted long enough while baking. Abv color is satisfactory, I am starting to tell when session is done, ended up finishing a bowl slightly faster packed 0.125g (125mg) in dose capsule finished it under 3 minutes. Sure I could have kept hitting but it was at the point where I new abv was roasted to a coffee brown.

Dose capsules cool down under 3 minutes (2min to 2.30mins). However starry 4 metal body remains warm even after dose pod cools down.

Vapor clouds depend on botanical humidity, grind type, how its packed, variable temperature, how you inhale, how long you inhale.

Overall it has really good flavor for a conduction I'd say it competes with the Fenix mini for flavor. I do not own a craft or mighty so I cannot compare it to that. I can compare to an xlux roffu, the xlux roffu with glass chamber has better flavor slightly, while starry 4 does trade blows. Starry 4 extracts the resins better the cannabinoids hit harder and faster.

And if that isn't enough you can even sprinkle hash on your botanicals and turn up temps for a moonrock style high.

Also bowl size is big enough for higher tolerance users, recently took a t break to lower tolerance, so I don't need much botanicals for medicinal reasons.

However when I was in a lot of pain I packed a little bit more indica for pain and rest and turnt up temps, the flavor still was good at 390f ~ 400f temps shockingly.

Xmax / topgreentech managed to deliver a premium conduction vape at low prices. This isn't garbage or junk don't let the 100 price tag fool you!!!! This reaches mid grade level at low prices. It's up there with a fury edge vape, I do own a fury edge however my starry replaced my edge and pax mini, I haven't even reached for my roffu lately, if you enjoy getting all your cannabinoids fast go for the starry 4, if you only care about having the best flavor even though extraction takes longer inhales than go for a roffu/v3 pro.

If you want over all better vapor efficiency (extraction speed/quality with good flavor) go for a starry 4 with dosage pods.

Starry 4 is really a great value vape. It may not be a crafty or mighty, but it trades good blows with the top brands.

If you own a ball vape than of course you are already at ultimate efficiency, if you want a very efficient portable the starry 4 can't be beat, you don't even have to use a tight pack. Loose packs get extracted well.

Also airflow is adjustable. So far I have like 25% open airflow.

👍👍👍

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Recieved my Starry 4 today.

First impression is that the taste is ok, the vapor is good but the mouthpiece gets to hot to handle in a 6 min session at 190c.
Realy blister burning hot
Thank you for the feedback, I'll report that fact to the team, it's an important concern!
i agree ... i think the mouthpiece on the v4 gets hotter than my v3 and my v2 ... i have't used the silicon mourhpiece cover yet
Yes, I note and I agree too about the hotter mouthpiece when compared with the previous version. Do you think it's caused by the ceramic filter/heat sink? Any idea?
I’ve been filling the capsules to the top, never heard or seen or used a pod that requires a 1/2 load. The device like most conduction devices is basically an OVEN, cooks whatever you put it it, just adjust the temperature higher.
I agree , honnestly I don't know why they stated that!

Also airflow is adjustable. So far I have like 25% open airflow. The starry 4 isn't a ball vape, it is a very efficient oven for your botanical, you can even vape hash at hotter temps.
Thank you for the positive appreciation, I'm glad you like it! I noticed you found the mouthpiece to be hot too.

Petetbay

1st impressions of the Starry 4 seems like a nice upgrade.

I find the heater more powerful in the lower temps 330-380*F and along with that a pretty good improvement in flavor.

I still hate the swivel mp like all swivel mps, it’s even hotter on the lips due more heat in the bowl. The body remains comfortable up to 380*F higher it gets hot like the old Starry, I have cut down 3.0 skin that works fine.

Because swivel mp was so hot I tried the included mp silicone sleeve, worked good but I never prepared it and the silicone taste was awful in the vapor, so went with the silicone mp grommet from the 3.0 wpa kit with a Hula stem, no more heat problems and the 3.0 ceramic wpa works ok as well, seems to seal ok.

The herb pod is interesting, it will cook your herb faster without a mess, but having finger problems already trying to put the cap on was a nightmare. I don’t use pods for herb just hash so I think they might be good for that.

The adjustable air flow works good, really like that.

The bowl screen seems to be a bit loose is something that could be improved.

The swivel mp like all swivel mps plugs up with reclaim quick as there so little room in there, probably pick up a ceramic wpa when they come out for the 4.0.

It really responses to a good stir, better than before imo.

I like it, my Starrys rarely see herb only now, but it’s an improved device for herb and fairly cheap. Next is to see how it runs with hash.

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
1st impressions of the Starry 4 seems like a nice upgrade.

I find the heater more powerful in the lower temps 330-380*F and along with that a pretty good improvement in flavor.

I still hate the swivel mp like all swivel mps, it’s even hotter on the lips due more heat in the bowl. The body remains comfortable up to 380*F higher it gets hot like the old Starry, I have cut down 3.0 skin that works fine.

Because swivel mp was so hot I tried the included mp silicone sleeve, worked good but I never prepared it and the silicone taste was awful in the vapor, so went with the silicone mp grommet from the 3.0 wpa kit with a Hula stem, no more heat problems and the 3.0 ceramic wpa works ok as well, seems to seal ok.

The herb pod is interesting, it will cook your herb faster without a mess, but having finger problems already trying to put the cap on was a nightmare. I don’t use pods for herb just hash so I think they might be good for that.

The adjustable air flow works good, really like that.

The bowl screen seems to be a bit loose is something that could be improved.

The swivel mp like all swivel mps plugs up with reclaim quick as there so little room in there, probably pick up a ceramic wpa when they come out for the 4.0.

It really responses to a good stir, better than before imo.

I like it, my Starrys rarely see herb only now, but it’s an improved device for herb and fairly cheap. Next is to see how it runs with hash.
Thank you for sharing your first impressions about the Starry 4, I'm glad you noticed the taste improvement, let us to know if you like it with hasch, I think this is interest a lot of persons. It's nice you appreciate the adjustable airflow feature.

You are not alone to mention the hot swivel mouthpiece, it's a concern we will try to fix, some users said to be slightly hotter than previous version. Although I don't think it's an issue using the 4&6mn timer but only when setting it at 10 (or re-starting the device)... let me know your thoughts. I think the included silicone tips are designed to fix that issue.

I noticed you found the chamber screen slightly loose and the thin vaporpath collecting reclaim, I'll transmit these concerns to the team. In another hand I found the fact the reclaim build up exactly in-between the swivel mp and the ceramic filter/heat-sink makes quick cleaning a lot easier, simply pull out the swivel mp and collect reclaim with a dab tool by cleaning the swivel mp base and the room just below, it's here I seen the resin to condensate the more.
Although I'm surprised you found body it as hot as the previous version's body, based on our test it's not, we measured4/5°C less when used at the same settings and for the same time...

We appreciate the positive&honnest tone of your first impressions report, let me know your thoughts in the future after more use, have fun!

Petetbay

I'm glad you noticed the taste improvement, let us to know if you like it with hasch, I think this is interest a lot of persons.
I tried a couple pods of hash, used hemp fiber top and bottom in the pod, vapor didn’t get good till 380*F, but was quite happy at 400*F not needing to higher, though I did. Still need to try hash in the bowl, should be good.
You are not alone to mention the hot swivel mouthpiece, it's a concern we will try to fix, some users said to be slightly hotter than previous version. Although I don't think it's an issue using the 4&6mn timer but only when setting it at 10 (or re-starting the device)... let me know your thoughts. I think the included silicone tips are designed to fix that issue.
I have a hate on for swivel mp’s, was just trying to vape a cap of hash in my Fog Pro with the Acer swivel mp and it was plugged solid with reclaim and had to put the Fog Pro mp back on to run the load. I hoping the ceramic wpa will help here.
In another hand I found the fact the reclaim build up exactly in-between the swivel mp and the ceramic filter/heat-sink makes quick cleaning a lot easier, simply pull out the swivel mp and collect reclaim with a dab tool by cleaning the swivel mp base and the room just below, it's here I seen the resin to condensate the more.
Yeah, it’s easy to clean which is good because you will doing it frequently. I did 5 herb bowls and it needed cleaning. Then did a herb pod and 2 hash pods and I could hear the reclaim bubbling in the mp, cleaned again though it is pretty easy and quick. I have spare mp filter/grommet coming and pod 5 pack, need the spare filter to double the time before I need to clean.
Although I'm surprised you found body it as hot as the previous version's body, based on our test it's not, we measured4/5°C less when used at the same settings and for the same time...
It is better than previous Starrys, but there not too much you can do once you’re at 400*F and above, still recommend the silicone glove, then it’s not a problem anymore no matter how high and long you use it.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

POD LID EXPERIMENT

Loading the oblong PODS is a bit harder than the round ones I’m used to on most of my other vapes. The lids can be frustrating as some don’t fit well also. Perhaps for on the road in a pocket, one can deal with them. Another option is to have @Delta3DStudios make a loader for the PODS, I’ve had him make one for both my IQ2 and Mighty, very inexpensive, but I doubt I’ll be using these PODS to bother this time. (Contact him via PM if interested).

Since this device is very inexpensive compared to many, I don’t really care if and when the oven may get stained, so not using the PODS is no great loss, and brushing out the oven so far with the S&B brush is quick and easy, and if your load is toasty it comes out easily, my oven looks like new so far, perhaps the ceramic is “glazed”, like the IQ2? And I don’t even mind the wire screen on the bottom of the oven, keeps some bits out of dropping in, which should help it last longer, as you can’t get under the oven to clean, as you can on the more expensive IQ2.

HOWEVER:
When directly loading the flower in the oven, I really DISLIKE how the tiny slotted vents in the MP’s ceramic cooling unit gets CLOGGED very quickly! Whether I use a BCG “medium”, or “fine”, I use about .10g and gently tamp using the rounded end of the wooden S&B brush. Airflow is fine at first, but when the flower gets dry, and fluffy, they end up getting sucked onto the vent holes and the airflow gets cutoff a lot.

So while one could use the spare wire “bottom” screen to place on top of the packed load, though more flower pieces would probably get through that way, what I did next…….

I decided to use JUST the TOP CAP of the oblong POD capsule, sitting on top of the load. Easier to wipe clean then dealing with a wire screen. The oven in this device gets HOT quickly, so I didn’t notice any less heat with the cap that just becomes part of the conduction, and without the bottom of the POD, you can easily get .10g’s in the bowl. There seemed to be a bit more draw reduction, but I just opened the devices airflow control to max open. Had a great 6 minute session.

Tested with a fine grind, there was no pieces of flower, just a little resin, but this device collects resin a lot inside the MP anyways. I think I’ll continue to use this technique, since the device comes with one included POD, give it a try if like me you get a lot of bits stuck on the ceramic cooling unit and lose airflow!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I tried a couple pods of hash, used hemp fiber top and bottom in the pod, vapor didn’t get good till 380*F, but was quite happy at 400*F not needing to higher, though I did. Still need to try hash in the bowl, should be good.

I have a hate on for swivel mp’s, was just trying to vape a cap of hash in my Fog Pro with the Acer swivel mp and it was plugged solid with reclaim and had to put the Fog Pro mp back on to run the load. I hoping the ceramic wpa will help here.

Yeah, it’s easy to clean which is good because you will doing it frequently. I did 5 herb bowls and it needed cleaning. Then did a herb pod and 2 hash pods and I could hear the reclaim bubbling in the mp, cleaned again though it is pretty easy and quick. I have spare mp filter/grommet coming and pod 5 pack, need the spare filter to double the time before I need to clean.

It is better than previous Starrys, but there not too much you can do once you’re at 400*F and above, still recommend the silicone glove, then it’s not a problem anymore no matter how high and long you use it.
Thank you for the details, you said the device need to be cleaned after 5 bowls but can I ask you how much you filled for these bowls? For sure if it's only 5x0.1gr I think we have an issue but if it's 5X 0.3gr it's not anymore a big issue imho... As well the reclaim you collect depends a lot the resin/THC content of your strains, I know you are aware of that but I'm explaining for each others members looking at your post, a 25% THC weed will produce more reclaim than a 10% THC content weed...
POD LID EXPERIMENT

Loading the oblong PODS is a bit harder than the round ones I’m used to on most of my other vapes. The lids can be frustrating as some don’t fit well also. Perhaps for on the road in a pocket, one can deal with them. Another option is to have @Delta3DStudios make a loader for the PODS, I’ve had him make one for both my IQ2 and Mighty, very inexpensive, but I doubt I’ll be using these PODS to bother this time. (Contact him via PM if interested).

Since this device is very inexpensive compared to many, I don’t really care if and when the oven may get stained, so not using the PODS is no great loss, and brushing out the oven so far with the S&B brush is quick and easy, and if your load is toasty it comes out easily, my oven looks like new so far, perhaps the ceramic is “glazed”, like the IQ2? And I don’t even mind the wire screen on the bottom of the oven, keeps some bits out of dropping in, which should help it last longer, as you can’t get under the oven to clean, as you can on the more expensive IQ2.

HOWEVER:
When directly loading the flower in the oven, I really DISLIKE how the tiny slotted vents in the MP’s ceramic cooling unit gets CLOGGED very quickly! Whether I use a BCG “medium”, or “fine”, I use about .10g and gently tamp using the rounded end of the wooden S&B brush. Airflow is fine at first, but when the flower gets dry, and fluffy, they end up getting sucked onto the vent holes and the airflow gets cutoff a lot.

So while one could use the spare wire “bottom” screen to place on top of the packed load, though more flower pieces would probably get through that way, what I did next…….

I decided to use JUST the TOP CAP of the oblong POD capsule, sitting on top of the load. Easier to wipe clean then dealing with a wire screen. The oven in this device gets HOT quickly, so I didn’t notice any less heat with the cap that just becomes part of the conduction, and without the bottom of the POD, you can easily get .10g’s in the bowl. There seemed to be a bit more draw reduction, but I just opened the devices airflow control to max open. Had a great 6 minute session.

Tested with a fine grind, there was no pieces of flower, just a little resin, but this device collects resin a lot inside the MP anyways. I think I’ll continue to use this technique, since the device comes with one included POD, give it a try if like me you get a lot of bits stuck on the ceramic cooling unit and lose airflow!
I'm surprised you said the dosing caps top lid to be difficult to install, for now I had 3 dosing caps in hands and all get the top lid correctly made, although I noticed they couldn't be installed by pressing a corner first and the other after, this is offset a little the lid and it doesn't stay firmly on the caps. So, it's better to install it by pressing it down in the center, not on the side, this is help to keep it flat in order to be correctly installed, first tiumes was awkward but when I noticed that it was not a problem anymore. I like they are easier to open if you let them to cool down cause there is a small gap where you can insert a pointy tool in order to make leverage to dislodge the lid.

I noticed you said the ceramic screen to be clogged, First Starry's version (2017) was coming with a ceramic screen with holes and the issue you mention was happening at a faster rate, that's why next versions (3.0) get a tiny ovale stainless screen stuck in the ceramic (holder in this case), it wasn't anymore a ceramic screen. But a few years ago we released the actual ceramic screen you can see in the Starry 4, and, believe me, it was a major improvement. For sure it still need a little cleaning in-between loads but a quick wipe or blow is enough, to be honnest I don't really think it's an issue but we will see what others customers will say about it...
Although your top lid trick is interesting, for sure this is will help to keep the vaporpath free of debris. I don't think the ceramic in the chamber to be glazed but , like you, I found it stays pretty clean... but I started to use mine without the caps just a few days ago and never loaded anything else than staight flowers, I would be surprised if hasch or wax will not stain the ceramic chamber though... I'll ask about the chamber to the team...
Thank you very much, we need such reports in order to be aware of potentials customers issues.

Petetbay

Thank you for the details, you said the device need to be cleaned after 5 bowls but can I ask you how much you filled for these bowls? For sure if it's only 5x0.1gr I think we have an issue but if it's 5X 0.3gr it's not anymore a big issue imho... As well the reclaim you collect depends a lot the resin/THC content of your strains, I know you are aware of that but I'm explaining for each others members looking at your post, a 25% THC weed will produce more reclaim than a 10% THC content weed...
Full bowls all the time and now I‘m stirring 3-4 times a session and herb is very high % thc/cbd and does produce heavy reclaim. Probably more important is I always run low temps maybe 75% of the session which might produce more condensate/reclaim. I found the ceramic filter which doesn’t have direct/straight passages fits in the herb pod perfectly and I vape the reclaim in it @ 464*F before I toss it a ISO bath. I’m not one for vaping reclaim because it usually tastes like shit, but it was ok with no bad taste.

My mod to help put the cap on the pod which are slightly magnetic. I put a small magnet(I‘m big on magnets) but a Dynavap magnet works on the end a steel tamper/spoon(a nail probably work just as well) and pick up the pod lid and fit it on the pod, for me will finger problems it was 10x easier.

Edit: oops, 6 inches below I have one of these attached to my metal desk, because I drop shit all the time I have this extendable magnet picker upper. Yeah, stoner under the influence. :doh:

Last edited:

MxMax

here we got again, magnets falling out, like the door mags on v3 pro. do i see a alp vaporizer in the pic?
Yes correct the ALP is a great device, just not a sipper. Bought the Starry for that function.
The ALP is for night time ;-)

MxMax,

Petetbay

Any one else has a loose mouthpiece magnet allready?

second time cleaning yesterday, found one magnet allready came loose.
(Not soaked in ISO)
I don’t believe the part that has the magnets is supposed to separate from the mp as mine seems permanently attached and don’t know why you want to as nothing gets dirty there as it’s covered by the silicone sleeve for the filter. I think you broke it. Not sure that would be covered by warranty unless it came apart on it’s own. :2c:
My mp is apart now and needs another cleaning, vape the filter then wash in ISO, wipe the silicone with ISO q-tips, done. Should’ve ordered more filter/silicone units very cheap or wait for the ceramic wpa maybe it’s better.

Last edited:

MxMax

I don’t believe the part that has the magnets is supposed to separate from the mp as mine seems permanently attached and don’t know why you want to as nothing gets dirty there as it’s covered by the silicone sleeve for the filter. I think you broke it. Not sure that would be covered by warranty unless it came apart on it’s own. :2c:
My mp is apart now and needs another cleaning, vape the filter then wash in ISO, wipe the silicone with ISO q-tips, done. Should’ve ordered more filter/silicone units very cheap or wait for the ceramic wpa maybe it’s better.
Did not break it, it is a thight fit but it can snap out for OCD cleaning and for replacing a new silicone insert.

Petetbay

Did not break it, it is a thight fit but it can snap out for OCD cleaning and for replacing a new silicone insert.
You don’t need to remove that part to remove the silicone insert. I’ve had 4 Starrys, bunch of replacement swivel mps, even drilled out the swivel mp to insert a 14mm glass joint to make it into a wpa, have a bunch of ceramic wpas and none of them allow the removal of the part you removed, I can’t see them starting now with 4.0 and there’s absolutely no reason for it. Broken is what it is.

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
Broken is what it is.
Our beta unit did this too.

Really didn't use any force to get it out but pushed from the mouthpiece side to dislodge the silicone as ceramic filter was pushed deep up inside the second time cleaning it. Didn't want to pry out the ceramic as ours was already compromised (dropped it on a tile floor) but it was still primarily intact on 3 of 4 edges (one corner broke off).

Now can't get this piece out while actually trying to dislodge it. Perhaps for some, it isn't fully inserted by whoever assembled it, so it comes out easier compared to when installed proper?

Last edited:

MxMax

You don’t need to remove that part to remove the silicone insert. I’ve had 4 Starrys, bunch of replacement swivel mps, even drilled out the swivel mp to insert a 14mm glass joint to make it into a wpa, have a bunch of ceramic wpas and none of them allow the removal of the part you removed, I can’t see them starting now with 4.0 and there’s absolutely no reason for it. Broken is what it is.
First of all, thank you for responding and your personal opinion.

I've always been a proponent of everyone having their own opinion based on their personal experience, but I always appreciate it when someone takes rejening in their comments for the opinions and experiences of others.

Just because you don't remove the magnet piece doesn't mean it can't or isn't meant to come off.

And even if it was not intended that way, it is not the cause of the magnet coming loose.

MxMax,
  • Sad
Reactions: Petetbay

Petetbay

Really didn't use any force to get it out but pushed from the mouthpiece side to dislodge the silicone as ceramic filter was pushed deep up inside the second time cleaning it. Didn't want to pry out the ceramic as ours was already compromised (dropped it on a tile floor) but it was still primarily intact on 3 or 4 edges (one corner broke off).

Now can't get this piece out while actually trying to dislodge it. Perhaps for some, it isn't fully inserted by whoever assembled it, so it comes out easier compared to when installed proper?
Yeah it may not be properly assembled or something out of spec. You should not need any tools to disassemble, fingers only. The manual doesn’t really state how, but you need to pull off the mp tube first this allows you pull out the silicone grommet containing the ceramic filter, the older mps the tube did not mount into the silicone and you could just pull out filter/grommet. I will state again there is no reason to detach the part containing the magnets as vapor doesn’t touch the outside of the silicone grommet, no need to clean and no need to detach, I would be surprised if they made it like that with magnet problems on the 3Pro OG mp. Never had magnet problems on any Starry, even the exposed magnets in the ceramic wpa always stayed stuck. I even glued ceramic magnets on a Delta3D Pax funnel to work on the Starry and it’s coming in handy again.

I soaked the silicone tubes that fit the mp in baking soda/water then washed with soap/water and the terrible taste is now gone for me anyway and they do a good job to protect your lips from the hot mp tube.

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Any one else has a loose mouthpiece magnet allready?

second time cleaning yesterday, found one magnet allready came loose.
(Not soaked in ISO)

Hi, it looks like you completly dismantled the top lid while, for deep cleaning, you only need to remove the Zirconia mouthpiece, next pull the silicone holder out, when it's out you simply dislodge the ceramic screen/heat sink. Based on your pic you removed a part which isn't supposed to be removed, I'm not sure the magnets need to be glued since they are kept in place by the cover you removed. I hope you will be able to put it back though (not 100% positive since it's not supposed to be removed).
I gave a look at the User Guide, it's mentionned to disassemble only the removable parts and a tiny picture show the silicone holder can be pulled out.
here we got again, magnets falling out, like the door mags on v3 pro. do i see a alp vaporizer in the pic?
No, no, the poster only removed a part which wasn't designed to be removed. There is no issues with the magnets to fall, it's not possible based on the design we adopted.
Thank you for noticing that part doesn't need cleaning, yes the vapor travels only through the silicone holder and ceramic filter/heat sink, so basically, the only ones parts we need to clean are the silicone holder, the insert and the mouthpiece.

Really didn't use any force to get it out but pushed from the mouthpiece side to dislodge the silicone as ceramic filter was pushed deep up inside the second time cleaning it. Didn't want to pry out the ceramic as ours was already compromised (dropped it on a tile floor) but it was still primarily intact on 3 of 4 edges (one corner broke off).

Hi, I don't understand, sorry, the ceramic is flush with the silicone holder when correctly positionned, I can't see how you can push it deep inside the silicone holder but I never handled a beta Starry 4, there was probably small differences though.
Did you said you dislodged the part @MxMax dislodged, by only pushing by the mouthpiece side to dislodge the silicone?

Top Bottom