• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, Starry owners... Do you still enjoy your vaporizer? The Starry is definitively our best popular vape... but the recently released V3Pro may beat it!

Feel free to contact me if you need infos, tips&tricks or support. Have fun!

Robert-in-YEG

Hi, Starry owners... Do you still enjoy your vaporizer? The Starry is definitively our best popular vape... but the recently released V3Pro may beat it!

Feel free to contact me if you need infos, tips&tricks or support. Have fun!
The original Starry v3 classic is one of my go units when chasing the dragon. It gets way hotter than anything else, and paired with a bong, it packs a wallop.

As for the V3 Pro, despite past reservations, it has proven itself to be deserving of praise.

Robert-in-YEG

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
The original Starry v3 classic is one of my go units when chasing the dragon. It gets way hotter than anything else, and paired with a bong, it packs a wallop.
Adapted the Starry ceramic water pipe adapter and mouth piece by adding six, 6mm quarts balls and a screen. The cooling is very noticeable at higher temps. Plan on experimenting with 4mm balls down the road.

Of course the mouth piece can be used natively with out the balls for cooling as well due to its mass. Works great in a 14mm or 18 mm water piece. Has strong magnets so no chance of coming off in a pocket. Only a total of three pieces, (+ silicone cover) so disassembly and assembly is a breeze for cleaning. Definitely improves an already great vape. Well worth adding to the collection.
wpa.png

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

As for the V3 Pro, despite past reservations, it has proven itself to be deserving of praise.

Robert-in-YEG
Thank you for the kinds words, I'm very glad to know the Starry continue to do the job for you, have fun!

I'm surprised myself that Starry wpa to be not so famous @maremaresing and @endof3d , I noticed many retailers don't even have this item listed while it was released years ago and it's a perfect fix for peoples complaining about the Starry's cleaning or the ones who whish to get a better airflow!

Thank you to inform us our good friends from Xvape have the Ceramic Water Adapter in stock, it's good to know!

Enjoy Summer&Starry !

Petetbay

I'm surprised myself that Starry wpa to be not so famous @maremaresing and @endof3d , I noticed many retailers don't even have this item listed while it was released years ago and it's a perfect fix for peoples complaining about the Starry's cleaning or the ones who whish to get a better airflow!
Yeah love that adapter way better than the swivel mp, real cheap here in Canada. $8.95CDN They don’t ship international.

They have the full Ace replacement mp cheap as well. $9.95CDN

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I'm still loving the V3 but it does need a new battery. What is your favorite battery for the Starry V3 that is available in the US?
The batteries suggested are great but a little too much for the humble Starry, I think you may be good enough with slightly less powerfull batteries such the Samsung 35E they are coming for less $ and they are 3450mah but only 8A although the Starry stock battery, the Samsung 26j is only 5.2A so you will be fine with the 8A the Samsung 35E offer. The extra mah brings an extra 10mn session (or 2x5mn sessions) on the table. The batteries suggested (LG HG2 and Sony VTC6) are the ones required to drive a high power mod box using powerfull convection based heaters, the Starry being conduction the heater is less hungry in power.

I'm very glad you are still happy with the Starry, it's a simple&reliable device I recommand to friends quitting combustion in order to put a foot in the vape zone without to break the bank. Enjoy!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Hi, there is a Giveaway in the Contest area, prize is a Xmax Starry: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-starry-giveaway.52963/

We are thinking about the Starry 3.0 successor, that's why we are collecting FC community feedback about what will be the next Starry's device and in order to know which topics you want us to improve.

It's always exciting to build another new device, although the Starry being already so good, our goal will be to keep the device in the same price range but to offer the features which are missing in the Starry 3.0. Feel free to post your thoughts or to contact me by pm.

Expect to see some nice discounts availables on the Starry 3.0, this is your chance to get one of the most popular vape in the market!

Robert-in-YEG

Hi, there is a Giveaway in the Contest area, prize is a Xmax Starry: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/xmax-starry-giveaway.52963/

We are thinking about the Starry 3.0 successor, that's why we are collecting FC community feedback about what will be the next Starry's device and in order to know which topics you want us to improve.

It's always exciting to build another new device, although the Starry being already so good, our goal will be to keep the device in the same price range but to offer the features which are missing in the Starry 3.0. Feel free to post your thoughts or to contact me by pm.

Expect to see some nice discounts availables on the Starry 3.0, this is your chance to get one of the most popular vape in the market!
My Starry v3 is one of my most used vapes.

This is the only vape I have that reaches 464F; if hot is required, the Starry is hot. Paired with a bong, it always hits hard.

Complaints? Not very many with this unit. My biggest gripes are the bottom screen, long heat up time, and lack of an integrated stir tool.

Compliments? It fits in my hand, it works, it is reliable, and it gives a great buzz.

Robert-in-YEG

Some-new-user

Dosing capsules would be a bonus, maybe adjustable airflow. USB-C Charging port obviously. Please keep the concentrate/hash/wax cups - in my opinion the best way to vape (solid) hash on the go. I don't know about the top section and mouthpiece. I feel like if this is a 4.0 model it should fit the others but a different mouthpiece I like how the ace seems glossy finish or could you even include the glass version(not sure if this is an official accessory but I've picked one up over the years). I like that I have spares from my retired 2.0 that I can use. Even as with the comment above would you be able to incorporate a stir tool in the mouthpiece?
I would cream over an app model (4.5) with different modes and temp stepping capabilitites like the Davinci IQ but then that means added cost and did davinci even get the app right in the end?
I don't feel the need for a silicone sleeve heat wise myself but others may be a little more sensitive, something to cushion drops and or make it a bit more dust/waterproof would be good. Thinking outdoor proof activities I have used the starry for - camping, walking to work, hiking, cycling, picnics in woods and on the beach. I'm very cautious with my electronics and vapes but you can never be too careful.

I'm a few weeks in to the v3 pro I like having on demand mode, I know they are different heating methods. Conduction (starry) likes to soak I guess while convection (V3 Pro) needs a few pulls to get going. (Owned starry since 2.0 and 3.0, mighty is my daily portable but I usually use a desktop too)

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
My Starry v3 is one of my most used vapes.

This is the only vape I have that reaches 464F; if hot is required, the Starry is hot. Paired with a bong, it always hits hard.

Complaints? Not very many with this unit. My biggest gripes are the bottom screen, long heat up time, and lack of an integrated stir tool.

Compliments? It fits in my hand, it works, it is reliable, and it gives a great buzz.

Robert-in-YEG

Dosing capsules would be a bonus, maybe adjustable airflow. USB-C Charging port obviously. Please keep the concentrate/hash/wax cups - in my opinion the best way to vape (solid) hash on the go. I don't know about the top section and mouthpiece. I feel like if this is a 4.0 model it should fit the others but a different mouthpiece I like how the ace seems glossy finish or could you even include the glass version(not sure if this is an official accessory but I've picked one up over the years). I like that I have spares from my retired 2.0 that I can use. Even as with the comment above would you be able to incorporate a stir tool in the mouthpiece?
I would cream over an app model (4.5) with different modes and temp stepping capabilitites like the Davinci IQ but then that means added cost and did davinci even get the app right in the end?
I don't feel the need for a silicone sleeve heat wise myself but others may be a little more sensitive, something to cushion drops and or make it a bit more dust/waterproof would be good. Thinking outdoor proof activities I have used the starry for - camping, walking to work, hiking, cycling, picnics in woods and on the beach. I'm very cautious with my electronics and vapes but you can never be too careful.

I'm a few weeks in to the v3 pro I like having on demand mode, I know they are different heating methods. Conduction (starry) likes to soak I guess while convection (V3 Pro) needs a few pulls to get going. (Owned starry since 2.0 and 3.0, mighty is my daily portable but I usually use a desktop too)
Thank you for the inputs, you gave us a lot feed to work on, I'll transmit to the team!
Do you think a on-demand conduction mode to be a good idea? It's a feature we don't see in the conduction based world (except the DT Gen 2 from Matt!), have fun!

Some-new-user

Thank you for the inputs, you gave us a lot feed to work on, I'll transmit to the team!
Do you think a on-demand conduction mode to be a good idea? It's a feature we don't see in the conduction based world (except the DT Gen 2 from Matt!), have fun!
If that is possible? I'm guessing it would sacrifice battery life but a starry with a 5-10 second heat up time? I do think that would be popular. Can you do a vote/poll or see how the reaction is here?

The DT Gen 2 is great with a good mod - very very underrated. Clean tasty hits and decent vapour production. Great cost point if you have a mod box - much like the Starry (value for money and performance).

:brow: Give this post a like if you want to see an on demand mode in Starry 4.0 :wave:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
If that is possible? I'm guessing it would sacrifice battery life but a starry with a 5-10 second heat up time? I do think that would be popular. Can you do a vote/poll or see how the reaction is here?

The DT Gen 2 is great with a good mod - very very underrated. Clean tasty hits and decent vapour production. Great cost point if you have a mod box - much like the Starry (value for money and performance).

:brow: Give this post a like if you want to see an on demand mode in Starry 4.0 :wave:
Yes, this is possible I believe. I agree the Gen2 to be underrated... maybe cause the lack of signals (light/vibration) making the usage a bit too much intuitive. As well, herb/wax attys may be too much intimidating for new users.

A short message to advise everybody the Giveaway ends this evening at 23:59 (LA timezone), last hours to enter and your last chance to win a Xmax Starry 3.0!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: LesPlenty

vapormachina

Yes, this is possible I believe. I agree the Gen2 to be underrated... maybe cause the lack of signals (light/vibration) making the usage a bit too much intuitive. As well, herb/wax attys may be too much intimidating for new users.

A short message to advise everybody the Giveaway ends this evening at 23:59 (LA timezone), last hours to enter and your last chance to win a Xmax Starry 3.0!
This is very interesting. Im with the Gen 2 at the hand right now and use it a lot in rotation with the Ace🤔

They are very different, I couldnt be able to chose one. Definitely for new users the full regulated system go fine but the DC gets me hard. The divine tribe has some problems, I bought two and they both are broken in the ceramic around the screws. A Gen 2 with the Xmax reliability would be amazing. And yes, the DT is veeery underrated

But this is daydreaming I think (or not?😜), I will focus on the things that are most urgent to change in the current Starry. For me, from bigger to lesser urgency, I would mention the following:

- The MP: As the mate said before the Starry MP slips out very easily in pocket. The Storm Sapphire fixed this very well but would be nice a MP with hinges like Fog

- Flavour: I'm sorry to be so direct but your vaporizers still tastes like a ''chinese'' thing. Since my Xmax V2 pro I have noticed little evolution in terms of the quality of flavor in your ceramics. In new devices like the Ace it feels more vitrified but it still doesn't offer the same sensations that a top-quality ceramic like Davinci offers. I would personally raise the price a little and bet on a ceramic of the highest quality, it makes a lot of difference in these devices and is what makes you taste like ''USA''😅. Or why not, Stainless Steel??. And of course, no silicone please, the flavour in the Ace MP is terrible

- Stirring tool: with the silicone cover this was fixed but I would like the same system than in the Aria or maybe like the Ace's with a more efficient ejector where the ABV does not get stuck (though I prefer the classic stirring tool in the body)

- WPA: you need an attached in WPA system like the Aria or Sapphire, the silicone tube in 2022 is fail

- power: a new conduction vape nowadays has to be CBD friendly, the 255º are fine but I think you need more. This is why we are in love with the DT but with a good power in session mode maybe I wouldn't miss it so much, an Ace with 265 or 275º maybe could make me forget the DT and have a good experience even with 0.2% comercial CBD🤔

Last edited:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
This is very interesting. Im with the Gen 2 at the hand right now and use it a lot in rotation with the Ace🤔

They are very different, I couldnt be able to chose one. Definitely for new users the full regulated system go fine but the DC gets me hard. The divine tribe has some problems, I bought two and they both are broken in the ceramic around the screws. A Gen 2 with the Xmax reliability would be amazing. And yes, the DT is veeery underrated

But this is daydreaming I think (or not?😜), I will focus on the things that are most urgent to change in the current Starry. For me, from bigger to lesser urgency, I would mention the following:

- The MP: As the mate said before the Starry MP slips out very easily in pocket. The Storm Sapphire fixed this very well but would be nice a MP with hinges like Fog

- Flavour: I'm sorry to be so direct but your vaporizers still tastes like a ''chinese'' thing. Since my Xmax V2 pro I have noticed little evolution in terms of the quality of flavor in your ceramics. In new devices like the Ace it feels more vitrified but it still doesn't offer the same sensations that a top-quality ceramic like Davinci offers. I would personally raise the price a little and bet on a ceramic of the highest quality, it makes a lot of difference in these devices and is what makes you taste like ''USA''😅. Or why not, Stainless Steel??. And of course, no silicone please, the flavour in the Ace MP is terrible

- Stirring tool: with the silicone cover this was fixed but I would like the same system than in the Aria or maybe like the Ace's with a more efficient ejector where the ABV does not get stuck (though I prefer the classic stirring tool in the body)

- WPA: you need an attached in WPA system like the Aria or Sapphire, the silicone tube in 2022 is fail

- power: a new conduction vape nowadays has to be CBD friendly, the 255º are fine but I think you need more. This is why we are in love with the DT but with a good power in session mode maybe I wouldn't miss it so much, an Ace with 265 or 275º maybe could make me forget the DT and have a good experience even with 0.2% comercial CBD🤔
Yes we will consider your suggestions... I agree flavour to be the most important feature when it comes to vaporization and when I asked which topic peoples would prefer to see improved, they replied "Taste&Vaporpath"!! In another hand I have an IQC and I like it especially cause its smartpaths but didn't noticed so much taste differences...

I don't thing the ejector Ace feature to be made again, I personnaly dig it a lot but it doesn't seems to interest peoples so much. Agree about the built-in stirring tool.

Yes we will consider a similar WPA than pictured on the top of this page (magnetic full ceramic wpa which eliminates silicone in the vaporpath!).

About power/max temp, Starry and Ace already offer pretty higher T° than the competition does... Why did you said CBD flowers need so high T°? I know CBD needs slightly higher vaporization T° but I don't think we need to increase the max T°, with such T° vapor will taste like sh**, isn't it?

Not sure the Fog's hinges to be the solution, it was a cause of failure and we didn't kept it for the new Fog Pro... In another hand I agree magnets aren't a perfect solution.

Thank you for sharing, we will consider your feedback! Have fun!

oldfool

I'm the winner of this handy little device and I like it a lot.
My first portable for flower. I wasn't looking for one but I will be using it.
I've taken 4 or 5 rips on the first charge and it looks like about time to recharge... sound about right?
apply slow solid pressure on one side of the ceramic filter and the assembly will slowly began to lift out of the lid.
Then its just a matter of grasping the filter between your fingertips and rocking it back and forth a bit while pulling it away from the lid.
I thought the instructions that came with the Starry were quite good but they didn't touch on this at all.
Thanks, very helpful. Should be covered in the instructions.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I'm the winner of this handy little device and I like it a lot.
My first portable for flower. I wasn't looking for one but I will be using it.
I've taken 4 or 5 rips on the first charge and it looks like about time to recharge... sound about right?

Thanks, very helpful. Should be covered in the instructions.
I'm glad you received your prize and I'm glad you can see some use for this tiny device!
Although it looks strange you only got 4 or 5 rips before the battery to be low, the Starry last for 4 or 5 bowls (5x 10mn sessions is the average working time you can expect, although it may be a little less using high temp or a little more using low temp, let me know how it's going at the moment...
As well I will transmit your concern about the instructions, thank you for the feedback!

kokolokokolokon

A few weeks ago I bought a starry and, even if it's not a new device, I'm going to give my impressions.

Its construction is solid, it feels good in the hand and does not give the impression that it can break after a fall: both the metal chassis, the screen and the nozzle look resistant and the battery door has a very firm closure. I really like the design of the nozzle, it is very comfortable and discreet (although it can't cool enough).
Power goes quite well, as long as you use its battery or a similar one, you can extend a charge up to 15 min and the flavor is quite good (it holds a lot, I would say that the flavor is better than the pax although worse than a miqro). It is very good to consume hash thanks to its 240 degrees. Good battery time (around 5 10 min sessions).

It's also a small device (I thought it was bigger before I had it) so it's a great on go device.

Regarding bad points, I can point out that it needs more cooling at high temperatures; it is totally enjoyable up to 200C/205C, but when it rises more the vapor becomes very hot.
The device, in the same way, gets very hot, something normal in many driving devices, so a silicone case is necessary.

And finally, although it is not a good or bad point, you need a battery with similar characteristics to yours, since it can lead to poor performance of the device (I tried the v3pro battery and the result was that it was difficult for me to get vapor at 210C)

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
That was 4 or 5 five minute bowls, and the battery only took about 1000mA,
so around10 five minute sesions between charges should be good.
So you are good to go, it looks like a pretty normal situation, stock battery is only 2600mah, you can upgrade with a 3000-3500 mah battery if you want more autonomy!
A few weeks ago I bought a starry and, even if it's not a new device, I'm going to give my impressions.

Its construction is solid, it feels good in the hand and does not give the impression that it can break after a fall: both the metal chassis, the screen and the nozzle look resistant and the battery door has a very firm closure. I really like the design of the nozzle, it is very comfortable and discreet (although it can't cool enough).
Power goes quite well, as long as you use its battery or a similar one, you can extend a charge up to 15 min and the flavor is quite good (it holds a lot, I would say that the flavor is better than the pax although worse than a miqro). It is very good to consume hash thanks to its 240 degrees. Good battery time (around 5 10 min sessions).

It's also a small device (I thought it was bigger before I had it) so it's a great on go device.

Regarding bad points, I can point out that it needs more cooling at high temperatures; it is totally enjoyable up to 200C/205C, but when it rises more the vapor becomes very hot.
The device, in the same way, gets very hot, something normal in many driving devices, so a silicone case is necessary.

And finally, although it is not a good or bad point, you need a battery with similar characteristics to yours, since it can lead to poor performance of the device (I tried the v3pro battery and the result was that it was difficult for me to get vapor at 210C)
Thank you for the nice feedback, I noticed you concerns also. We designed a full ceramic wpa which helps to extend the vaporpath with better airflow. Yes it's a great device for hash consumers, personnaly I didn't found the silicone sleeve to be so necessary although some are more sensitive to heat than others!
I'm surprised about what you said about the other battery you tried (from v3pro), maybe you got a defective v3pro battery cause it's supposed to be better than the Starry's battery... I'm planning a test with different devices and batteries in order to check your own conclusions, I'll let you know...

kokolokokolokon

Thank you for the nice feedback, I noticed you concerns also. We designed a full ceramic wpa which helps to extend the vaporpath with better airflow. Yes it's a great device for hash consumers, personnaly I didn't found the silicone sleeve to be so necessary although some are more sensitive to heat than others!
I'm surprised about what you said about the other battery you tried (from v3pro), maybe you got a defective v3pro battery cause it's supposed to be better than the Starry's battery... I'm planning a test with different devices and batteries in order to check your own conclusions, I'll let you know...
Maybe i have a defective battery as you said, but i can use it with my eliquids vape since i vape at low wattage :D

kokolokokolokon,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom