Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

Zak McKracken

I'll report your feedback to the team, we will consider it and I'll keep you informed about the team's reply about your concerns. Yes I understood you liked the Starry and you are disappointed it's not the vape you expected anymore... Hope investigations will brings some light on this, your device was bought in 2018, my actual Starry in rotation was sent by the company as a gift in 2020 and it's as strong as the previous Starrys were imho... If yours last are defectives, it's not a batch issue though (we are manufacturing vapes by large batches and if a full batch was under-performing we would be already aware of the issue and since many others reports/feedbacks in Reddit there is still strong Starrys).
I hope we can bring you the Starrys you deserve to get, I will work for your full satisfaction!
Thanks a lot for the help and interest.I hope it will be resolved cause I doubt I'll able to find a better value for money with interchangable batteries and (most important to me) with such good extraction.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
Ordered one Friday, replaceable batteries are great. Hope to finally move on from remaining Flowermate 5.0S and Pro.
Glad to know you ordered a Starry, are you happy with the device? Let me know if you have concerns or questions, you'll find more infos in r/XmaxVape in Reddit, I just pinned a Starry's cleaning post in order to help peoples to find it (I posted it here as well, in the few previous pages I believe. Have fun!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: LesPlenty

hillbill

I am a n Asthma sufferer, some vapes work for me and others just induce coughing. The standard mouthpiece was tougher than I was. Ordered a couple WPA and it works extremely well. The Starry with it is a full on Beast. And I can see the screen well outside, got a new fishin bud! That would be a great “standard optional” as in choice of tips.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I am a n Asthma sufferer, some vapes work for me and others just induce coughing. The standard mouthpiece was tougher than I was. Ordered a couple WPA and it works extremely well. The Starry with it is a full on Beast. And I can see the screen well outside, got a new fishin bud! That would be a great “standard optional” as in choice of tips.
Hi, the Starry gives you a pretty smooth vapor if you take care about not increasing T° too much, when I begun in vapor world I desired to get f*** big hits with BIG bongs filled with milk-like vapor... and I was coughing at hell with such big&dense hits... now I'm in favor of smooth& tasty hits before everything else... although vaporizer technology improved a lot since I begun too, I remenber the Mflb and the FlashVape to induce terrible cough for me!
Which WPAs did you ordered? There is two, one is a length of tubing with a 14mm GonG and the other is a ceramic WPA for a direct connexion with the bubbler (without tubing)... Based on your post I think you got the first version with the tubing, I'm pleased if it works for you!

hillbill

Hi, the Starry gives you a pretty smooth vapor if you take care about not increasing T° too much, when I begun in vapor world I desired to get f*** big hits with BIG bongs filled with milk-like vapor... and I was coughing at hell with such big&dense hits... now I'm in favor of smooth& tasty hits before everything else... although vaporizer technology improved a lot since I begun too, I remenber the Mflb and the FlashVape to induce terrible cough for me!
Which WPAs did you ordered? There is two, one is a length of tubing with a 14mm GonG and the other is a ceramic WPA for a direct connexion with the bubbler (without tubing)... Based on your post I think you got the first version with the tubing, I'm pleased if it works for you!
Got 2 ceramic tips and the effect seems identical to glass.

Robert-in-YEG

Got 2 ceramic tips and the effect seems identical to glass.
The ceramic tips with a bong make this a powerhouse.

This is one of my daily use vapes. It gets a bit hot to the touch, but it cooks weed like a demon. It does low temperatures fairly well if you are patient. If you're impatient, turning it up to 464F makes it the hottest unit in my collection.

Robert-in-YEG

xmax-starry-vape-hand.jpg

bm96

To dismantle the mouthpiece you need first to remove the ceramic filter and the silicone holder, you'll find a metal clip, to remove the mouthpiece you need to use a tool to apply pressure on the clip and slide it out in the same time. It's not easy but not so difficult, although most peoples use only a noodle to clean it without to remove it. With more recent units like the Ace we used another system which is easier for mp removing.
@XMAXVAPORIZER I have had my new Starry for a few days and can't find the way to open the mouthpiece after searching and watching videos. It seems like this wasn't designed to be opened at least in newer iterations of the vape? The metal piece leaves no room or slack to push in or slide anywhere I don't have any pipe cleaners and risk soaking the whole top piece in plastic overtime which may crack. Does anyone do this?

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
@XMAXVAPORIZER I have had my new Starry for a few days and can't find the way to open the mouthpiece after searching and watching videos. It seems like this wasn't designed to be opened at least in newer iterations of the vape? The metal piece leaves no room or slack to push in or slide anywhere I don't have any pipe cleaners and risk soaking the whole top piece in plastic overtime which may crack. Does anyone do this?
I'm a bit confused here as to what you are doing, but would be happy to help. Are you pulling from the bottom? This will disassemble.

bm96

I'm a bit confused here as to what you are doing, but would be happy to help. Are you pulling from the bottom? This will disassemble.
There is no room or any way to get underneath to pop it up, it has ridges that block it. I see the hole but not even the included tool can hook in it. The one video I saw on Reddit of someone disassembling it they had to use a plier and a knife underneath it. I'm guessing there's a reason it's designed to not be removed.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
There is no room or any way to get underneath to pop it up, it has ridges that block it. I see the hole but not even the included tool can hook in it. The one video I saw on Reddit of someone disassembling it they had to use a plier and a knife underneath it. I'm guessing there's a reason it's designed to not be removed.
You remove the silicone oval in the center that holds the screen. You don't pull apart any metal. You don't need tools.
I'm here, and have the Starry in front of me, so we'll get it done.
Again, no tools. Just pop out the silicone oval by pressing side with thumb to get it to pop out.
Once it's out, you can pop out screens and clean them.

bm96

You remove the silicone oval in the center that holds the screen. You don't pull apart any metal. You don't need tools.
I'm here, and have the Starry in front of me, so we'll get it done.
Again, no tools. Just pop out the silicone oval by pressing side with thumb to get it to pop out.
Once it's out, you can pop out screens and clean them.

I'm speaking of the actual Ceramic Zirconia mouthpiece.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer

I'm speaking of the actual Ceramic Zirconia mouthpiece.
Hi, Yes I understand what you mean, if the metal part designed to keep the ceramic mouthpiece in place doesn't slide that's cause there is probably some resin and it appears the cold resin to act like glue... So I recommand you to try again right after a session or just heat up the device with the top lid on (but with the silicone screen holder removed), the heat will help you to dislodge the clip. You have to use 2 tools, one maybe a pen, with the bottom of the pen you apply pressure on the clip center and, with the other hand you dislodge the clip sliding it back with a pointy tool inserted in the tiny hole.
Hope that helps, let me know....

XMAXVAPORIZER,

bm96

Hi, Yes I understand what you mean, if the metal part designed to keep the ceramic mouthpiece in place doesn't slide that's cause there is probably some resin and it appears the cold resin to act like glue... So I recommand you to try again right after a session or just heat up the device with the top lid on (but with the silicone screen holder removed), the heat will help you to dislodge the clip. You have to use 2 tools, one maybe a pen, with the bottom of the pen you apply pressure on the clip center and, with the other hand you dislodge the clip sliding it back with a pointy tool inserted in the tiny hole.
Hope that helps, let me know....
I'm having trouble picturing what part of a pen would fit into that area of the clip.

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I'm having trouble picturing what part of a pen would fit into that area of the clip.
You are right but I have tiny pens... No, I'm joking, yes something smaller might help although I'm under the impression, on my last Starry 3.0, that clip to be slightly updated and it might slide just using a pointy tool and nothing else.... appart a little bit of heat to soften the resin build-up and make removal a lot easier.
Although I'll ask the Engineers if they really improvred that clip or if I'm dreaming.....

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: hillbill

bm96

You are right but I have tiny pens... No, I'm joking, yes something smaller might help although I'm under the impression, on my last Starry 3.0, that clip to be slightly updated and it might slide just using a pointy tool and nothing else.... appart a little bit of heat to soften the resin build-up and make removal a lot easier.
Although I'll ask the Engineers if they really improvred that clip or if I'm dreaming.....
Hmmm lol yea like assuming it's rarely been talked about on this thread seeing how all this time it's been out only one or two videos of people actually removing it, on top of it not being in the manual at all, I don't think this is really meant to be removed by the consumer for casual cleaning.

Think I'm gonna roll with @kokolokokolokon and not worry about taking it fully apart. I just risk cracking plastic like someone mentioned before on a YT video:

Last edited:

bm96

Yea there seems to be a few certain things about this vape that make me question if it can last years of daily use, my main one being the ceramic bowl that may eventually naturally crack. There are a few little minor quality control defects out of the box like a slanted display screen, a hair trapped behind that screen, and a small chip in the metal. Regardless I know this is an older vape in their line and I hope things are a bit more tidy in their newer stuff. I think the Starry has the best form factor over the long V3 Pro and is more affordable than the Roffu. This is definitely getting me where I need to be and is portable enough to fit in a pocket.

Last edited:

Bazinga

Both of my units broke somewhere around the 1 year mark. I emailed the manufacturer to find out if there is a DYI repair. Both units will not turn on. Sometimes a message will appear briefly that shows "short" and something else. Flashes off too fast to see the entire message. No reply from the mfg (been a week or so). And yes, I tried at least 5 different batteries. My wife enjoys her Starry so I ordered her another one. Didn't order one for me since, at least in our experience, they didn't last long and customer service hasn't seen fit to respond to my inquiry. My 2 XMAX V3 Pros are still alive and kicking.

Robert-in-YEG

This morning it is MK Ultra in the Starry v3.

While the Starry is great with high temps, it works great at more normal ranges too. At 387F, the full flavour of the flower, flows easily through the vape. When fresh clean, there is nothing wrong with the taste.

When the session is over, taste no longer matters. Turn the Starrry up to 443F, wait a few seconds, and then extract the last bit for a buzz.

Robert-in-YEG

ozbrit

I'm also concerned about cleaning the mouthpiece on the Starry and the Ace. Up till now I've eased off the silicone holding the screen and dropped the two pieces into a cup of soapy water hot enough to dissolve grease. I read somewhere that it's possible to just drop the whole mouthpiece into Isopropyl alcohol and let the ISO simply dissolve the resin, I've done it with glass mouthpieces and metal parts as well as with cotton buds to clean ceramic bowls. I'm not sure that that would be a smart thing to do with the silicone housing never mind the mouthpiece and surround?. But in real life does it work without eating into or dulling off glossy surfaces? For that matter would ISO harm the silicone? I'm pretty hopeless at any form of DIY so don't really want to remove the clip if it's a tricky operation.

Last edited:

Petetbay

I'm also concerned about cleaning the mouthpiece on the Starry and the Ace. Up till now I've eased off the silicone holding the screen and dropped the two pieces into a cup of soapy water hot enough to dissolve grease. I read somewhere that it's possible to just drop the whole mouthpiece into Isopropyl alcohol and let the ISO simply dissolve the resin, I've done it with glass mouthpieces and metal parts as well as with cotton buds to clean ceramic bowls. I'm not sure that that would be a smart thing to do with the silicone housing never mind the mouthpiece and surround?. But in real life does it work without eating into or dulling off glossy surfaces? For that matter would ISO harm the silicone? I'm pretty hopeless at any form of DIY so don't really want to remove the clip if it's a tricky operation.
I usually wipe the silicone with ISO using a ISO pad/swab or q-tip, don’t usually soak in ISO, if you do, very briefly would be rule, then rinse in warm water. Mild soap and warm water work too, not as quick. :2c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom