• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

Bazinga

I performed a burn off for an entire battery. I've run several bowls. My thoughts:

Nice form factor.
Very light weight.
Feels like cheap plastic (not saying it is - saying it FEELS like it).
Heats up very very fast.
Medicates well.
Replaceable battery makes me happy.
Nice sized oven.
Screen is small but very legible.
Price point is great.
Wish the stem was longer as the device can get "warm" on the lips (may try a whip if it doesn't add much air restriction).
Haven't had it long enough to determine reliability.

Overall, IMHO, it performs as well (and in some cases better) than some much more expensive vaporizers.
At this time I'm very happy with the device.

How do I dismantle the mouthpiece for cleaning?

Last edited by a moderator:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @Bazinga , I'm glad you appreciate our Starry. To cool the vapor you can try the water pipe adapter with a glass stem.

To dismantle the mouthpiece you need first to remove the ceramic filter and the silicone holder, you'll find a metal clip, to remove the mouthpiece you need to use a tool to apply pressure on the clip and slide it out in the same time. It's not easy but not so difficult, although most peoples use only a noodle to clean it without to remove it. With more recent units like the Ace we used another system which is easier for mp removing.

It's a nice portable vaporizer for sharing since its large bowl and replacable battery. I know there is less occasions to share and, since the Corona, I wouldn't recommand you to share it although there is hygienic tips for that purpose.

A nice trick if you found the bowl too large for personnal use; place first the concentrate pad in the bowl and load your flowers on the top. This is cut by half the bowl size.
Enjoy your Starry!

Bazinga

Wifey tried the device and really likes it. Unfortunately, we are having an issue with our new Starry. The battery (batteries) will not stay in the device. Once in about 20 tries I'm able to close and secure the battery door. Even then, the battery door has a tendency to pop open while in use and then I have to go through the same routine again. At this point the device is essentially unusable. Meanwhile, when my wife stated that she enjoys the Starry, and before we begun to have the issue, I ordered another one ($57 was too good to ignore).

BTW I've tried the battery that came with the unit and the batteries I use for the TinyMight, IQ2, Tetra P80 and others. Same issue.

Anyone have the same issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Wifey tried the device and really likes it. Unfortunately, we are having an issue with our new Starry. The battery (batteries) will not stay in the device. Once in about 20 tries I'm able to close and secure the battery door. Even then, the battery door has a tendency to pop open while in use and then I have to go through the same routine again. At this point the device is essentially unusable. Meanwhile, when my wife stated that she enjoys the Starry, and before we begun to have the issue, I ordered another one ($57 was too good to ignore).

BTW I've tried the battery that came with the unit and the batteries I use for the TinyMight, IQ2, Tetra P80 and others. Same issue.

Anyone have the same issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?
Looks like you have an issue with your unit's battery lid, I don't think you'll have the same issue with the other Starry you ordered, I got a few Starrys and never experienced myself this issue.

Please contact our support team here: support@topgreencig.com , mention our talks also.

When you close the battery lid, do you feel the lock-in system to lock? please check if something stuck stop the lid to lock.

Bazinga

Looks like you have an issue with your unit's battery lid, I don't think you'll have the same issue with the other Starry you ordered, I got a few Starrys and never experienced myself this issue.

Please contact our support team here: support@topgreencig.com , mention our talks also.

When you close the battery lid, do you feel the lock-in system to lock? please check if something stuck stop the lid to lock.
Last night after many attempts I was able to get the battery to stay in the unit. I'm going to leave it alone for a few days in hope that perhaps the chamber may stretch a tad and accommodate the battery.

If this doesn't work I will contact, as you suggested, the support team.

With respect to the "lock in system" , when I slide back the latch I can see the locking piece move accordingly. It just doesn't go into the slot. Without the battery (batteries) the lid closes and locks every time.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Last night after many attempts I was able to get the battery to stay in the unit. I'm going to leave it alone for a few days in hope that perhaps the chamber may stretch a tad and accommodate the battery.

If this doesn't work I will contact, as you suggested, the support team.

With respect to the "lock in system" , when I slide back the latch I can see the locking piece move accordingly. It just doesn't go into the slot. Without the battery (batteries) the lid closes and locks every time.
I understand the issue better, when your 2nd Starry will come in think about the support you'll deserve to get for the issued unit. I gave you our support team email although for faster replacement I would suggest you to contact your retailer's support team since our is based in China (and the retailer will contact us to get the faulty unit replaced but he will send you a replacement from its own stock :tup:).

@ Bazinga: I hope you got the issue with the battery lid sorted out. PPN is really helpful. :)

I have a completely different question and wonder if anyone has done this. I actually own the Ace and AFAIK, the Starry and the Ace share the same mouthpiece--I recently ordered the WPA for the Starry to connect to a water piece (they're compatible) but what I really want to do is connect my Ace directly to a bong like this.

Mighty-wpa.jpg

A very helpful member on the Ace thread shared this link and I wonder if anyone's tried this out on the Starry and how well did it work (did you use the small or medium sized adapter and did you get a tight seal)?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@ Bazinga: I hope you got the issue with the battery lid sorted out. PPN is really helpful. :)

I have a completely different question and wonder if anyone has done this. I actually own the Ace and AFAIK, the Starry and the Ace share the same mouthpiece--I recently ordered the WPA for the Starry to connect to a water piece (they're compatible) but what I really want to do is connect my Ace directly to a bong like this.

View attachment 11316

A very helpful member on the Ace thread shared this link and I wonder if anyone's tried this out on the Starry and how well did it work (did you use the small or medium sized adapter and did you get a tight seal)?

Hi, I hope the Starry wpa will work with your Ace but they don't have exactly the same mouthpiece, the Ace's mp is slightly larger than the Starry's one... I don't have a wpa to check with my Ace, sorry. But since the difference is pretty small I think you are good to go!

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Here a link to an article I wrote on the Starry's cleaning topic:

How to clean the Starry

P1010130.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Robert-in-YEG

Overview
The Starry has been around for some time, and might even seem a bit dated for 2021, but it is still a very capable unit. It has a ceramic bowl, fully adjustable temperature, it is solidly built, and it can produce a lot of vapor with decent flavour. The Starry units have a long history, and the newest third generation is a mature, full featured, and reliable device.

XMax-Starry-Features.jpg

Performance
The Starry is an 18650 powered full conduction vaporizer. The temperature can be adjusted from 249F to 464F. It heats up quickly in 30-45 seconds. The session length can be adjusted; the unit I have defaulted to a 5-minute session. This includes the time to heat, so it leaves about 4 minutes of useable time.

The default session works me. A typical run would be load, and then two back-to-back sessions. Two sessions at 409F leave the AVB looking like very dark ground coffee; everything has been extracted.

Of the vapes I own, the Starry produces the most vapor. This, however, is my experience. Everyone is unique. That said, getting the vapor out of the vape can be a challenge.

Draw on the Starry is impeded by its small mouthpiece. Even unpacked, there isn't much airflow. The way around the lesser airflow, is puffing or drawing on the Starry, like a pipe. An alternative is a long slow draw of 12-25 seconds filling the mouth and lungs. To be clear, it is not default to draw, but it takes time because of the reduced airflow.

When it comes to flavour, the Starry is very good. Even at lower temperatures, there is no shortage of flavour. Up the temperature, and it can produce some big clouds. Bump the temperature up higher, and you can be sure that everything has been extracted from the herb.

Packing and cleaning
Packing isn't an issue with the Starry. ground herb, ripped herb, crushed nuggets; this unit isn't fussy. The design of the Starry is such that, at high temperatures, and a couple sessions will extract everything. Use caution, however, the temps run hot. This unit works great with concentrates like kief or shatter mixed in with the herb. Given the ability to reach 464F, care must be exercised to not combust in the oven.

Cleaning takes some time, effort, and alcohol. The Starry clogs easily and regular cleaning is a must. There are two screens in the Starry that get clogged and create problems The entire top can be disassembled and soaked in alcohol; that is the proper way of cleaning. Alternately, it's possible to drop entire top in alcohol; again, a ziplock bag and some 99% alcohol can do wonders.

16095-XMAX-Starry-3-Steel-Screen-Mouthpiece-VAPO_600x600.jpg xmax-starry-v3-ceramicfilter_2000x.jpg

What's good? What's an issue?
There is a lot of good in this vape. Parts are readily available and cheap. The top is where all the action is; and its the top that needs regular cleaning. Given the availability, my solution was to purchase a second top. While one is in use, the other is soaking in alcohol. When it comes to accessories, there are lots of addons. The waterpipe adapter is highly recommended. The unit is solid; this is a vape that can go into a pocket without fear of damage. Built out of aluminum, the Starry feels solid, sturdy, and capable of surviving even less than careful use.

Battery life is decent even when used at high temperatures. It is normal to get 4-5 sessions per charge; better batteries can add a few more sessions. One of batteries I use is linked below. As with any portable vape, better batteries means better performance. Stick with Molicel, Panasonic, or other trusted 18650.

As for the bad, the big thing would be limited airflow. Some may not like the Starry because its slow airflow requires patience. Using a bong with the WPA definitely helps, but that doesn't exactly fit with the idea of a portable vape. Second would be clogged screens; the Starry clogs and needs to be cleaned every 6-8 sessions. Airflow isn't great to begin with, and when clogged, the unit is useless.

Cost
The Starry v3 is reasonable priced right around $100. Right now, whether Canadian website or US, they are $100.

What's included
1 x Starry Max 3.0 Vaporizer
1 x 5A 2500mAh 18650 Battery
1 x Cleaning Set (Brush, Tool, Tweezers) -
1 x Metal Mouthpiece Screen
2 x Silicone Mouthpiece Screen
2 x Mouthpiece Tip O-Ring
2 x Heating Chamber Screen
1 x Instruction Manual
1 x Wax Cup

xmax-starry-v3-portable-dry-herb-vaporizer-xmax-box-contents-puff-palace-puffpuffpalace_480x480.png

Summary
If you are looking for a hard-hitting, 18650 powered portable vape, you need to check out the Starry. However, if you are someone who vapes more than 6 or 7 times a day, you might want to look at something different.

The Starry is made for sipping not ripping, but when paired with a WPA it certainly improves getting the vapor out of the Starry and into the lungs.

For me personally, out of all the vapes I own, the Starry delivers the most powerful psychoactive effects. Again, I stress that everyone is unique. What works for one person may not work for the next.

Given the price, the Starry is a great value. It is a capable unit, parts are cheap and readily available, and it has a proven history. Whether first-timer or seasoned vaper, it is not a bad unit to add to one's arsenal.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Cool review ! I would suggest rather posting review in the dedicated model specific thread,cause that way it would get lost in the limbo when newer threads are made ;) !

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: PPN

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I don't have rights to post there. Perhaps a mod can move it?

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 14542

? Yes you do, I think you're confused, this is the starry thread where you should post a starry review:

Perhaps you just could not find the thread within the portables section?

Robert-in-YEG

? Yes you do, I think you're confused, this is the starry thread where you should post a starry review:

Perhaps you just could not find the thread within the portables section?
My bad. I didn't know about the thread.

I will retitle and ask a mod to move.

Robert

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My bad. I didn't know about the thread.

I will retitle and ask a mod to move.

Robert

Just so you know I already reported the original post for the mods to move, I think they must just be dealing with their own lives on a weekend, the nerve! lol :tup:

Yeah so we have threads for pretty much every portable, every vape, unless it is something really new that no one here has heard of yet, I'd recommend using the Google search function if you want to check, to find the starry thread all I did was search Google for starry fuck combustion

Robert-in-YEG

With a WPA and the Starry turned up, this is a hard hitting vape.

The Starry can run hot to extract the most from your herb. The WPA cools things down, draws more air, creates more vapor, and definitely a 'must have' if chasing the dragon.

Robert=in-YEG

KfxzbmDjATfWC3EdP6sCEbkoaSNhNyq9EBW3zsfd7xc.jpg

PPN

Volute of Vapor
With a WPA and the Starry turned up, this is a hard hitting vape.

The Starry can run hot to extract the most from your herb. The WPA cools things down, draws more air, creates more vapor, and definitely a 'must have' if chasing the dragon.

Robert=in-YEG

View attachment 14679
Are you aware we released a ceramic wpa for the Starry?

Starry Ceramic Adaptor.jpg

Thank you for the in depth review and the kinds words about the Starry, and for your support also!

Robert-in-YEG

Are you aware we released a ceramic wpa for the Starry?

View attachment 15014

Thank you for the in depth review and the kinds words about the Starry, and for your support also!
I am now :^)

Robert-in-YEG

"Here’s my theory about meetings and life; the three things you can’t fake are erections, competence and creativity. That’s why meetings become toxic; they put uncreative people in a situation in which they have to be something they can never be. And the more effort they put into concealing their inabilities, the more toxic the meeting becomes. One of the most common creativity-faking tactics is when someone puts their hands in prayer position and conceals their mouth while they nod at you and say, “Mmmmmm Interesting.” If pressed, they’ll add, “I’ll have to get back to you on that.” Then they don’t say anything else."
- Douglas Copeland

maremaresing

Oh yeah, that ceramic wpa is otherworldly (othervapely?) for the starry. If you have a starry and don't have that then you are missing out. Had mine for a couple months and keep meaning to post about it here.

W3H2ukU.jpg

I started out using it like that, and rocking the wpa off the magnets to clear it. It worked great, as did using any sort of glass. Just clouds of cool vapor. That being said, I've used it most natively. The round ceramic tip makes for a very comfortable and pleasurable mouthpiece. Excellent for puffing away endlessly, with a nice throat hit, but not too hot.

My starry was literally listed for sale when I found that WPA, and it's made the starry one of my most used devices. It transforms the look and feel of the device, and only costs a few bucks!

Robert-in-YEG

Oh yeah, that ceramic wpa is otherworldly (othervapely?) for the starry. If you have a starry and don't have that then you are missing out. Had mine for a couple months and keep meaning to post about it here.

W3H2ukU.jpg

I started out using it like that, and rocking the wpa off the magnets to clear it. It worked great, as did using any sort of glass. Just clouds of cool vapor. That being said, I've used it most natively. The round ceramic tip makes for a very comfortable and pleasurable mouthpiece. Excellent for puffing away endlessly, with a nice throat hit, but not too hot.

My starry was literally listed for sale when I found that WPA, and it's made the starry one of my most used devices. It transforms the look and feel of the device, and only costs a few bucks!
For me, the Starry v3 is a heavy hitter. It clogs too easily, draw is restrictive, but it is a vape I use every couple of days. I don't use it daily, but certainly on a regular basis.

Robert-in-YEG

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."
~ Homer Simpson

PPN

Volute of Vapor
For me, the Starry v3 is a heavy hitter. It clogs too easily, draw is restrictive, but it is a vape I use every couple of days. I don't use it daily, but certainly on a regular basis.

Robert-in-YEG

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."
~ Homer Simpson
Yes it's an issue for heavy users, the ceramic wpa will fix the issue, there is still a screen to keep clean but you can't clog the rest (or your are the heavier user of the world and only fill your bowl with Bubble Hasch:D).

Have fun!

PersonDude

Battery life is decent even when used at high temperatures. It is normal to get 4-5 sessions per charge; better batteries can add a few more sessions. One of batteries I use is linked below. As with any portable vape, better batteries means better performance. Stick with Molicel, Panasonic, or other trusted 18650.

Thanks for the battery recommendation! :D

Are there any chargers that go well with that Panasonic battery specifically? 🤔

Robert-in-YEG

Thanks for the battery recommendation! :D

Are there any chargers that go well with that Panasonic battery specifically? 🤔

The Nitecore digital chargers seem to work.

Robert-in-YEG

“This is the real secret of life -- to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.”
~ Allan Watts

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Top Bottom