• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

DogDad

I don't know, I think there will be one since the Starry is our best seller but I can't say anything about that... not cause the secret thing but cause I haven't any infos at the moment :rolleyes:
Thanks. I like mine better than any other I have had. I could see why it's a best seller.

maremaresing

I got mine for around $60 with code XVAPE from 421store.com. Really happy with the seller, and obviously really happy with the starry. I ditched the flip out mouthpiece instantly (like I've never used it), and modded a drip tip in it's place.

Very very happy with the result and form factor. The slight inward can't of the tip makes it very comfortable to use.

9OGV68G.jpg

warren0728

I got mine for around $60 with code XVAPE from 421store.com. Really happy with the seller, and obviously really happy with the starry. I ditched the flip out mouthpiece instantly (like I've never used it), and modded a drip tip in it's place.

Very very happy with the result and form factor. The slight inward can't of the tip makes it very comfortable to use.

9OGV68G.jpg
can you give more details on modding the mouthpiece with a driptip?

Bazinga

9OGV68G.jpg
This device is very inexpensive at $60. Tempted to get one just to have one. Is it true that the Starry is uncomfortably hot when used natively (without a water pipe)?

maremaresing

can you give more details on modding the mouthpiece with a driptip?

Sure! This was a quick and dirty rough draft attempt that turned into a permanent solution since it worked so nice. I would redo it but why bother when it works.

The backside looks like this

0ONVDfc.jpg

Basically I clamped the tip in a vise and reduced the 510 insert size to fit the hole in the starry. Easier to do than I expected, but you need to go slow and keep checking fit to know when to stop. Then I removed a bit of the insert length so it fit flush and had clearance for air at the bottom.

From there it was just marking where the plate would slide in and cutting little notches on each side. To keep everything firm, I took the oring that came with the drip tip and slide it to the very top of the insertion point. For good measure, I then added the starry oring below that. Then it was just inserting and holding it down while I forced the retaining plate in place.

It should have come this way from the factory.

This device is very inexpensive at $60. Tempted to get one just to have one. Is it true that the Starry is uncomfortably hot when used natively (without a water pipe)?

That's what pushed me over the edge to impulse buy it. Mainly I just wanted to see if I could mod a 510 drip tip to it. I can't speak to the stock mp, but the twists and turns vapor takes to get through the drip tip make heat not bad at all. This is subjective and I really can't qualify it further.

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Bought two of these for the wife and me over a year ago. POTV XMAX version. Thought $90.00 for a solidly built conduction unit was good value then. $ 60.00 would be a steal.

Large bowl. Discreet size. Very capable of producing plenty of vapour. Easily removable/replaceable battery is a plus.

DogDad

9OGV68G.jpg
Thank you! Just ordered mine using the code for $57.00 and free shipping.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Any recommended accessories?
The water pipe adapter is nice not only for water filtered hits but also for dry hits using a simple 14mm glass tube, in another hands this is remove most of the silicone found in the stock mouthpiece vaporpath, provides a better airflow and it's easier to clean. The counterpart is it's not as stealth as the stock mp.

You can find third party retailer which is offering a glass mouthpiece top lid but it's based in UK (Vapefiend).

Some peoples are getting bigger batteries, stock one is 2600mah (samsung 26j), I use a 3500mah with mine (samsung 35E) for 2 extra 5mn cycles per charge.

The silicone sleeve might be usefull if you think the device to be too hot to handle, I never used one since I'm not so sensitive to heat although everybody is different.

Thank you guys who posted here, you make my day so better!

NomDePlumez

I adore my Starry. Not sure why it gets flack for being 'cheap.'

It vaporizes everything I put in it, dagga, cannabis, pipe tobacco, concentrates with the sandwich method.

I'd say it is the best vape for people wanting something to vape tobacco with, actually. Fits in my pocket and the big chamber means I can get a good dose of nicotine off of one load.

I actually prefer it to my Solo 2.

It's also customizable to a degree, working with a variety of batteries, having a huge temp range, and an adjustable session timer.

The mouthpiece is also the perfect size to slip most tubes over without the need for an adapter and doing so basically eliminates the issue of the cooling unit being too small.

The silicone straws you find at grocery stores and a cheap one hitter make for a colorful, functional whip that costs like ten bucks.

The body does get hot but you can buy sleeves for it, especially fun to get one that matches my whip tubing.

The Starry and Dynavap are always what I suggest to the vape-curious. I think suggesting things like the Taffe and Mighty etc will turn a lot of people off due to the price.

No shade on either unit, I adore my Mighty but had I not had extra cash when I was curious about vaping, I never would have taken the plunge due to the price tag.

Last edited:

Bazinga

Is the whip used in conjunction with a water device? Or, can it be used dry for the purpose of reducing the harshness of the vapor?

Bazinga,
Reactions: PPN

NomDePlumez

Is the whip used in conjunction with a water device? Or, can it be used dry for the purpose of reducing the harshness of the vapor?
Either, really.

Also if you get the official Xmax whip, one end fits perfectly over the miniature bowls of the GRAV mini bubblers.

NomDePlumez,

endof3d

Either, really.

Also if you get the official Xmax whip, one end fits perfectly over the miniature bowls of the GRAV mini bubblers.
Agree. Lot of options with the Xmax whip. Cooling is not a problem. Will be purchasing the newer released WPA with next order to POTV. Should provide even more options for non water configurations.

endof3d,

DogDad

I use mine only as a portable. The best part may be it's stealthyness. I had the IQ and liked the form factor but functionally was poorly lacking. The Starry v3 imo is what the IQ meant to be but failed.

I liked my x-max v2 pro ok, but the 3 minute timer and short battery life made it a hassle to use. The Starry v3 solved both of those problems so I bought it again. I've never put a screen in it. I use the one that came with it and it's never needed replacing.

My only caveat is the battery door. Not all batteries fit perfectly and I think the latch on the door could be designed better because if you bend the door your SOL. Otherwise I have zero complaints and take it with me daily.

endof3d

My only caveat is the battery door. Not all batteries fit perfectly and I think the latch on the door could be designed better because if you bend the door your SOL. Otherwise I have zero complaints and take it with me daily.
Haven't experienced that yet. Would be good to know which brand batteries could cause fit problems?

DogDad

Haven't experienced that yet. Would be good to know which brand batteries could cause fit problems?
The one's I bought were supposed to be the Samsung but no clue if that was true. I should have bought them from x-max and maybe I wouldn't have had the problem.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Some 18650 batteries have their own safety chips built in the top of them that make them 2-3mm longer than 65mm, I use Sony VT6 and LG HG2 18650 batteries as I can use them in any device without worry (20amp+) and they are both just under 65mm long (64.9). :myday:

DogDad

Some 18650 batteries have their own safety chips built in the top of them that make them 2-3mm longer than 65mm, I use Sony VT6 and LG HG2 18650 batteries as I can use them in any device without worry (20amp+) and they are both just under 65mm long (64.9). :myday:

That's probably what happen. Good to know!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The one's I bought were supposed to be the Samsung but no clue if that was true. I should have bought them from x-max and maybe I wouldn't have had the problem.
The stock one is a samsung 26j although I used Samsung 35E, Samsung 25R, LG ...? (came with a Focus Vape pen I believe) and Sony VTC4 in my Starrys without any issue and never experienced the battery lid issue some peoples mentionned. I think the best would be to check the samsung 26-j exact size and to use only batteries with the following measures 65x18mm.

Got a new "full ceramic" filter and I think that's a nice upgrade for my Starry. Our engineers never stopped to work :tup:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
o_o can you give more info on this? Isn't the current filter ceramic? How does it differ from current versions for cooling?
It's the ceramic filter I mentionned in the previous page of this thread, it was released a year or so and all Starrys are coming with one installed (you can ask to the retailers). The original filter was ceramic also but there was a tiny oval screen installed, that screen tend to be clogged very fast and peoples said it was awkward to replace after cleaning. We released another full ceramic filter with holes but they clogged too fast, it was prior to build that new ceramic filter impossible to clog. It's not designed to cool the vapor although.

Top Bottom