• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

bushmaster

I've been a strong advocate of the Starry V1 on this thread but have also expressed my concern about the parasitic battery drain I've noticed from my Starry. Apparently I kinda spaced out this issue recently and left my Starry sitting on my computer desk with a fully charged LGH2 battery unused for several weeks. So I was sitting at my computer and I noticed that the Starry's display was flickering faintly. That's odd. I pulled the battery and it was down to 2.8 volts. Yikes!
I put the battery in my analyzing charger in the rehab mode and it took a full charge without heating up and internal resistance was normal. I'm cautiously optimistic that my battery remains serviceable but I'll certainly never park my Starry with a battery installed in the future.

bushmaster,
Reactions: LesPlenty

CrushnDevour

Hi all, recently got the starry v3, been using it on and off for 2 weeks and is my first dry herb vaporiser. Been getting great results from it, but one thing I need help with is the small mesh filter in the top section, it often clogs with herb after pulling on it. If I pack it down it helps, but then after a mid sesh stir and it's partly vaped it becomes dry and almost impossible to pack down, and this is usually when I find the airflow really restricted and I pop it open to find golden brown herb covering the small mesh screen. Am I packing too high? I always leave about 3mm of space at the top of the white oven wall. Any help appreciated, cause otherwise I'm loving it.

CrushnDevour,

bushmaster

I actually removed the metal screen from the mouthpiece because it plugged up so fast. I cut a screen to fit inside the top of the oven (on top of the weed) and it catches most of the fine herb that would be sucked into the mouthpiece. It sounds a little awkward but it works.

CrushnDevour

I actually removed the metal screen from the mouthpiece because it plugged up so fast. I cut a screen to fit inside the top of the oven (on top of the weed) and it catches most of the fine herb that would be sucked into the mouthpiece. It sounds a little awkward but it works.

Nice thanks for the reply, so just remove the small screen that is directly above the bud, leave the stainless steel screen nearest the mouth piece, and place a new mesh over the top of the oven itself? IL give it a bash!

CrushnDevour,

CrushnDevour

That really makes a difference! Airflow is massively improved, getting great hits of it constantly and nothing is getting clogged. Big thumbs up.

Only problem is that it makes it a bit more fiddly when filling up, stirring mid sesh etc etc. Which detracts from its portability ease. Not much extra work and better than not getting and airflow fur to it sucking up the herb!

Noichichon

vaporise vaporise vaporise la vie te fumera pas!!
Bonjour. The same for me. Sttary no vapor. I don't believe pepeole like this vao

Noichichon,
Reactions: BestBuds

warren0728

i picked up a starry v3 on green friday and now my starry v2 will become the backup ...

has anyone tried the Pax Dry Loading Kups in their starry? ... probably a longshot but they seem to be shaped similar to the starry bowl ...

warren0728,

Frosti

i picked up a starry v3 on green friday and now my starry v2 will become the backup ...

has anyone tried the Pax Dry Loading Kups in their starry? ... probably a longshot but they seem to be shaped similar to the starry bowl ...

I haven’t, but this would be cool if it worked.

Frosti,

erodas

If you have any questions about the Starry, please don't hesitate to post here or to contact me by PM.

I'm the Topgreen company rep in FC for the X-Vape/x-Max vaporizers.

Enjoy your Starry and have fun!

I have recently bought Starry V3 and after a week or so, mouthpiece magnet started to show small cracks and then after about a month it fully cracked and Starry is now unusable. It kind of wouldn't be a problem, as it might be manufacturing fault, but
before this I recommended Starry for a friend and he bought one as well. Now his mouthpiece is showing cracking signs as well and I believe it is a matter of time before it is fully broken. Both vaporizers were bought from different shops online in Europe.

Do other Starry owners experience this?

erodas,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I have recently bought Starry V3 and after a week or so, mouthpiece magnet started to show small cracks and then after about a month it fully cracked and Starry is now unusable. It kind of wouldn't be a problem, as it might be manufacturing fault, but
before this I recommended Starry for a friend and he bought one as well. Now his mouthpiece is showing cracking signs as well and I believe it is a matter of time before it is fully broken. Both vaporizers were bought from different shops online in Europe.

Never had any issues with the mouthpiece.

His_Highness,
Reactions: Adobewan

omnimodeus

no...but i experience different story...when is whole mouthpiece soaked in iso inner black paint started to peel off

omnimodeus,

erodas

It seems that inside of the mouthpiece cap is plastic "frame" that is glued to the metal part of the cap and it holds two magnets inside. So this part that cracked is not magnet or magnetic it is just some cheap plastic.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0KgX1KqdSDgB7G0afo2jaB_jw
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0XuXqBZOZoLRU37Wo1QgIhtlg
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fvtG8DID_I_I5sAjmSRrXTfg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Surprise surprise, a cheap vape using cheap plastic, who would have guessed?
This is the first time I have seen a failure like that though, I would send it back for warranty as you said you only got it recently.:2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: BestBuds

PPN

Volute of Vapor

That's not an usual issue... especially after a so short amount of time. I'll contact the team to know if it's a batch issue or a common issue (I think not, I owned several Starrys and never got that issue). I'll reply you later, it can took some time since the epidemia in China.
Never had any issues with the mouthpiece.
Me too...

no...but i experience different story...when is whole mouthpiece soaked in iso inner black paint started to peel off
Yes, like a lot of others vapes, the outside body finish doesn't stand isopropyl alcohol. Although internals mouthpiece parts can be cleaned with a q-tip with iso or a iso bath.

It seems that inside of the mouthpiece cap is plastic "frame" that is glued to the metal part of the cap and it holds two magnets inside. So this part that cracked is not magnet or magnetic it is just some cheap plastic.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0KgX1KqdSDgB7G0afo2jaB_jw
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0XuXqBZOZoLRU37Wo1QgIhtlg
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0fvtG8DID_I_I5sAjmSRrXTfg

I gave a look at your pics, did you soaked all the top lid in iso? That plastic frame is not on the vaporpath and not heated so much. The two reasons i could see for that issue are a iso bath for the whole top lid or a batch issue (I have doubts since you and your friend are the only ones to report that issue...).

Please contact support@topgreencig.com to get your Starry V3 warranty working. When I cleaned mine (still not mine...) I removed the silicone lid and zircomium screen for a quick iso bath and cleaned the rest with a q-tip dipped in iso, the mouthpiece itself is a bit more difficult to clean well cause it's difficult to remove it from the top lid (the new Ace solved that issue);

Surprise surprise, a cheap vape using cheap plastic, who would have guessed?
This is the first time I have seen a failure like that though, I would send it back for warranty as you said you only got it recently.:2c:
Thank you for your valuable input, yes warranty will work I think, although that's not good to put too much iso on that plastic frame (which is not in the vaporpath, I repeat).
Yes we try to offer quality vapes at the cheaper price we can. All our vapes (except the Vital) are aluminium housing and not plastic, isolated airpath and ceramic/zirconium. I agree there is still some silicone but it was pretty well cured and doesn't stink at all. Yes our vapes are cheaps but still quality devices .

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I think our @pakalolo forgotten to mention that thread is re-opened!

To re-open it I have good news for every Starry owners, we released a new waterpipe adapter, it's a lid with a ceramic built in adapter (14/18mm), something many peoples was waiting for since a while, here a pic of that adapter:

Starry_Ceramic_Adaptor.jpg

Please notice the better airflow and the better vaporpath, the rubber cover is here to get a perfect fits and seal, it's out of the vaporpath and it's removeable. That adapter might be sold at 12$, it's pretty new and it doesn't seems available at the moment but you can expect to see it in many retailers shops very soon. This adapter brings the Starry to another level. Here in EU, many peoples are vaporizing hasch, it's not full melt and it appears the Starry can handle that Moroccan compressed dry hasch very well, so that's a popular device here. Personnaly I prefer weed.

Don't hesitate to ask me anything concerning the Starry and its accessories (or for our others vapes), have funny Starry hits!

Top Bottom