• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Not sure about going from 1 to 2. From 2 to 3 they added haptic feedback and a better insulated oven.

Also check out the fog, which can be had for the same amount now, but offers hybrid heat instead of just conduction.

Sjassie

Not sure about going from 1 to 2. From 2 to 3 they added haptic feedback and a better insulated oven.

Also check out the fog, which can be had for the same amount now, but offers hybrid heat instead of just conduction.
You would prefer the fog over a starry v3?

Sjassie,

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'd just use it the V1 and consider something else as a step up/back up. With the 420 sales you should be able to find something inexpensive but good to complement the Starry. Maybe the original Solo or the PoTV ONE.

His_Highness,
Reactions: LesPlenty

bushmaster

I'd just use it the V1 and consider something else as a step up/back up. With the 420 sales you should be able to find something inexpensive but good to complement the Starry. Maybe the original Solo or the PoTV ONE.

Yes, that does make sense. I actually already have a good back-up in the original Arizer Air. It too is barely used. Don't really need another vaporizer but.........it's almost 4/20, ya know what I mean?:) I've just recently started looking at some of the new vapes since I got out of the loop the last couple years. The POTV ONE probably caught my eye more than any other. Looks like a nice stealthy take-along, even more so than the Starry. I'm not that fond of proprietary batteries but I guess its hard to make a tiny vaping unit and fit an 18650 into it, huh? I'll keep shopping, thanks for the come-back.

pipeking

Tried to buy the V3 the other day from an online vape supplier here in NZ, got a message saying they couldn't supply herb vapes anymore... Customs here have done a big crack down, since that 'terror' attack last month things have gotten quite bad in the commonwealth countries they are going for all our rights this time.... wish I lived in the states

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
The POTV ONE probably caught my eye more than any other. Looks like a nice stealthy take-along, even more so than the Starry. I'm not that fond of proprietary batteries but I guess its hard to make a tiny vaping unit and fit an 18650 into it, huh? I'll keep shopping, thanks for the come-back.

I tried the Fenix and liked it so much I bought the HR Fury 2 AND...... I just ordered the POTV ONE today because they're in stock now, the 420 sale ($103), the extra free glass piece (I got the waterpipe adapter that unlike the other clones doesn't have the small bowl issue). The easy draw resistance and primary use of convection is the same in each clone. Battery life for me is good for the day or evening but not both.

VAS IS A UNFORGIVING BITCH and SHE MUST BE OBEYED :lol:

Last edited:

in_human_form

Your fault, not the vapes so you will not recommend any more...fair enough:cool:
True in a way,

but sooner or later a vaporizer is bound to fall,
and most people wouldn't see it if their starry oven isn't safe to use anymore after a drop
or even factory production fault. cause thats what disturbs me the most about the starry.

on my broken starry i can't barely see anything wrong,
besides perhaps a very subtly disfigured rubber connection between the ceramic oven and the magnetic top.

looking at the pics of how a disasembled Starry looks,
it seems to look like wire and tape around the outside of the oven,

and i wouldn't be surprised the tape is where a lot of the "chemical taste" comes from,
which many people report online even from their first time using it.

in_human_form,
Reactions: LesPlenty

in_human_form

https://blog.puffitup.com/2017/06/tear-down-the-starry-vaporizer-by-x-max/

in case ppl' don't know where to find the pics i talk about here they are.
the orange tape is no good imo.

(and it's probably paranoia, but i'm also weary of the rubbers and plastics used in this device... they're prolly not ideal to inhale hot air through due to tiny particles coming off).

i don't want to hurt the company that produces this device:
the starry's got great features,
it's fun to use and easy to hold in hand...

but health > all.

peace

omnimodeus

i recently buyed capsule pods for concentrate for xmax starry. drilled few holes and put mesh/screen in there.
now i fill capsule and fire it up. it takes 30 sec more to heat up but after that production of vapor is good. less herb in chamber and longer heat time but i can live with that, becouse bowl is so clean now :-)

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
Mine got cracked at exact the outer line you can see on the piu teardown oven pic:

starry-portable-vaporizer-ceramic-chamber-teardown.jpg

I could see this line from inside the oven. Can everybody with a starry have a look inside the oven? Can anybody see this line in his/her starry oven? When i am right and you can see it, its cracked. Or am i wrong about that?

This interest me...I am in contact with the people who make the X Max and just got a sample unit(Unreleased vape that I will review on here soon if its deemed not a design flaw and get the OK to do so), I haven't used it yet, waiting for a reply right now due to it appearing to have a similar line down the middle. It came like this and I haven't used it yet, turned it on a couple times, has a smell coming off it but that seems common with Ceramic chamber vapes, gonna do a couple test heat-ups to see if the smell dissipates. I don't think they would mind me showing the chamber though. What are your guys thoughts? I'm probably overly cautious tbh, its probably fine but still will wait on a response from them before firing it up and reviewing it.

Ve9LeNt.jpg

Haven't been on this forum in a while, still recognize some people though, hi all!

Last edited:

HillaryClinton

Future ruler of earth
So I got the OK :tup: that the line in the heater is suppose to be there in this model, gonna start testing it today, will probably make a review for it on here in a separate thread once I spent some time with it over the next week.

jaywhitt

So I recently got a starry and it gave me weird headaches, I made a thread asking about it on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/bx0drk/xmax_starry_causing_headaches_any_similar/) and i linked more threads of people experiencing those headaches. It's a funny headache on the right side of the head. After looking through this thread I saw this and other similar experiences:

I had this happen to mine, I am sure it arrived broken too because the crack only appeared after it got a bit grunged up from use... then after a few months a second crack appeared about 3mm next to it, and the piece was wiggling around. At this point, vape no longer worked. I have contacted the seller but I don't know how the warranty process will go... weed isn't legal here

I realized that my oven has a crack in it like others in this thread and I took a photo of it. So is it most likely that the cracked oven is causing the headaches? And now my vape is just a paperweight? I also bought it internationally, straight from topgreen, so I know returning it isn't going to be an option as they'll just say I dropped it or something. I'll email them anyway to see what they say about it but I don't think I'm buying a topgreen product again, even though the Xmax V2 Pro was a great vape.

14AcZzR.jpg

jm27uBr

jaywhitt

So I got the OK :tup: that the line in the heater is suppose to be there in this model, gonna start testing it today, will probably make a review for it on here in a separate thread once I spent some time with it over the next week.
I emailed topgreen about that line and they told me the same thing, but I'm still suspicious, why would the vape give me headaches? I've done ten battery charges worth of burn offs but I'll keep doing more cause I don't know what else to do.

jaywhitt,

Scotty14326

I have bought two this year and both are dead. The first unit lasted about a month and no charging then sensor error.Planet of never came through on that warranty! Second arrived with battery door that wont close and then says 'low voltage' and turns off if you are luck enough to hold the door closed and get it to turn on. 2 down never again!! The manufacturer say they do not support the warranty. You have to get the retailer to stand behind the warranty. 2 out of 2 have not. At least Ebay refunded the money for one as the seller nor company would respond. Garbage after a couple weeks.Burns fast. Oozes black stuff into your mouth, and breaks on you.

Scotty14326,

Jimmyweaese

True in a way,

but sooner or later a vaporizer is bound to fall,
and most people wouldn't see it if their starry oven isn't safe to use anymore after a drop
or even factory production fault. cause thats what disturbs me the most about the starry.

on my broken starry i can't barely see anything wrong,
besides perhaps a very subtly disfigured rubber connection between the ceramic oven and the magnetic top.

looking at the pics of how a disasembled Starry looks,
it seems to look like wire and tape around the outside of the oven,

and i wouldn't be surprised the tape is where a lot of the "chemical taste" comes from,
which many people report online even from their first time using it.

Jimmyweaese,

Jimmyweaese

I have a starry. Havent used in a couple years due to I've been using oil from state program.
Never had a problem with it.

Jimmyweaese,

Jimmyweaese

Howdy folks, I took a couple years off from vaping weed and accordingly from this thread. I'm back now vaping once again on my Starry V1. I see the Starry V2 and V3 are on sale at the major retailers. My V1 still works fine--it's like new, in fact. Still.......the new versions are on sale. Need I say more?
Are the upgrades in these versions significant enough to make it worth buying a new Starry? I know that is an extremely subjective question but I'm teetering on the fence here. Appreciate it if somebody would give me a push one way or the other.
What more can they add. It gets hot,you vape. I wouldn't, if your other v1 works,keep using it

Jimmyweaese,

SquanchKava

Man I hope my Starry lasts a while because I really enjoy it. I like to vape Bear Blends products and they are a strange fluffy grind, and tricky to use in my preffered daily drivers. The Starry does a great job with the Bear Blend and it is so stealthy for out and about use.

Jimmyweaese

Man I hope my Starry lasts a while because I really enjoy it. I like to vape Bear Blends products and they are a strange fluffy grind, and tricky to use in my preffered daily drivers. The Starry does a great job with the Bear Blend and it is so stealthy for out and about use.
About the only thing I dont like is it smelled just a bit more then my flowermates.

Jimmyweaese,

SquanchKava

About the only thing I dont like is it smelled just a bit more then my flowermates.

Yeah I noticed that. I did several dry run burns due to the smell. I wish my Flowermate 5.0 Pro was as easy to load and unload. And it held as much volume of herb. I am a CBD flower guy, so I love huge bowls. I am hoping the future protable electric dry herb vapes are more CBD friendly or there are specific models for CBD use. But Sricky Bricks work great for home use. And this Starry is doing very well with the CBD Flower and the Bear Blend

SquanchKava,
Reactions: Adobewan

Jimmyweaese

Yeah I noticed that. I did several dry run burns due to the smell. I wish my Flowermate 5.0 Pro was as easy to load and unload. And it held as much volume of herb. I am a CBD flower guy, so I love huge bowls. I am hoping the future protable electric dry herb vapes are more CBD friendly or there are specific models for CBD use. IBut Sricky Bricks work great for home use. And this Starry is doing very well with the CBD Flower and the Bear Blend
It's a long anyway. But I first vaped 2012. A year I'll never forget. First came. A Vapolution 2. It simply blew my mind. M in a non rec state. I simply couldn't stand he smell of herb anymore. I'D combusted for like 25 yrs. Vapolution changed my life.

Jimmyweaese

Yeah I noticed that. I did several dry run burns due to the smell. I wish my Flowermate 5.0 Pro was as easy to load and unload. And it held as much volume of herb. I am a CBD flower guy, so I love huge bowls. I am hoping the future protable electric dry herb vapes are more CBD friendly or there are specific models for CBD use. But Sricky Bricks work great for home use. And this Starry is doing very well with the CBD Flower and the Bear Blend
I love my Flowermates.Some of the best customer service I've ever had anywhere.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have bought two this year and both are dead. The first unit lasted about a month and no charging then sensor error.Planet of never came through on that warranty! Second arrived with battery door that wont close and then says 'low voltage' and turns off if you are luck enough to hold the door closed and get it to turn on. 2 down never again!! The manufacturer say they do not support the warranty. You have to get the retailer to stand behind the warranty. 2 out of 2 have not. At least Ebay refunded the money for one as the seller nor company would respond. Garbage after a couple weeks.Burns fast. Oozes black stuff into your mouth, and breaks on you.
I have a friend which is a retailer and he told me the Topgreen vapes get the lower rate of returns, it seems incredible a such cheap line of vapes is the more reliable but it is!

I received a Starry V3 for testing by the manufacturer, I beta tested the V1 and got a V2 after. I appreciate the improved airflow of the V3, I borrowed my V2 to a close friend so I can't compare directly but I still find the Starry to be a very nice stealth and effective portable vape. Topgreen is releasing another new vape called the Aria which is pretty similar to the Starry (same bowl) but without replacable battery sadly, although the mp is different, no more straw like stem but a solid piece of ceramic àla Avant (another vape from Topgreen).

Top Bottom