• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Multi-brand X MAX STARRY

rendar1970

@rendar1970 - I have found that some batteries make it a little tough to close the battery door. Once I get the battery door to stay closed/latch correctly I don't have any issues and I've got several Starrys.

I think my problem is more electrical. I dont have any problems getting the door to close or latch. It's more like the door had a few millimeters of play left and right when closed. Because even when I do get the unit working and running if my hand even lightly touches the bottom door the unit will shut off completely. I've tried probably 6 or 7 different battery brands and same story all around. It only started doing this a few weeks ago. Worked perfectly for the first months.

Some-new-user

@rendar1970

Only had a starry for a few days now. Generally happy with mine - my only issue is the silicone rubber ring around the mouthpiece has broken. This may be my fault not reassembling properly after a clean/curiosity.

I just looked at my unit and there are two screws beneath the negative terminal are those screws tightened?

I am aware that they made improvements to the unit and one of these was the battery compartment but I'm not sure what kind of time scale they made these improvements. Could you have a version 1 that needed more persuasion to get the battery cover closed?

I can't see from the photos on Puff it Up's teardown how the black (negative wire) reaches the base contact but from what you describe it's something in there somewhere that's causing your issue.

Have you at least tried to contact the retailer who gave you this warranty replacement? The way the company I work for deals with warranty/replacement is that we process a brand new transaction in cases like these (we sell general electronics NOT vapes) so your original purchase would get refunded and the new (exchange in your case) would be sold back to you generating a brand new invoice and your replacement would receive warranty from the day you received the exchange and NOT when you purchased your original item - we keep logs of serial numbers on invoices too so we can't get caught out because we have been in the past.

I would contact them first. You can ask a question and if it's a no then it's a no - nothing lost there.

The reason I mentioned the screws on the contact for the door is that they are small screws in quite a tricky position. I guess a couple of turns loose and they could cause the issue you describe - battery door not sitting flat/closing properly.

Message me on here if you want any more help.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My Spirit (Starry's Vapefiend rebrand) is actually in hands of a friend who bought a cheap Titan 4 years ago, he used it once and was totally disappointed cause the huge plastic taste. Since he is older he's thinking again about vaping so he tested the Spirit with me and found it better enough to give it a test run... I'll heard back from him in a few days to know if he wants to keep it. He will miss to me but I have enough others vapes to play with!

Lately I enjoyed it to vape some moroccan's kief rosin with the concentrate pad!

warren0728

i have PotV starry and it appears to have a cracked oven (see pic) ... has anyone else had this happen? it still works but i'm guessing the crack opens up the insides to the airpath? maybe not but it seems like it would ...

35d4va8.jpg

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Wow...never seen that before! If it's within the warranty period I'd call that in.

His_Highness,
Reactions: LesPlenty

warren0728

an update on the oven crack issue ...

as i figured i'm out of luck and quite possibly could have been out of luck even if it would have been the starry purchased from PotV. Here's the response from PotV (i am in no way upset or anything that they couldn't help ... i didn't think they would be able to but it never hurts to ask)!

Thanks for the pic. That looks awful. Please don't try to use it again in that condition.

In regards to warranty, we can only offer warranty service on those vapes that are purchased through us. Cracks like that though are not typically covered under warranty as they typically occur either from a drop or some other type of impact but we have made exceptions on this in the past.

Really sorry about this. Wish that there was something that we can do here but our hands are tied on this one.

so starry owners be careful ... don't drop them!

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
This is for sure in the wrong place, but when I try to post in the portable vape section it says I don’t have privileges.

Anyway...

Has anyone tried this? I see info about version 2, but can’t find much about version 3.

Has a removable battery, can handle concentrates and flower, and is only around $120.

Seems like a bargain?

-dab8-,

natural farmer

This is for sure in the wrong place, but when I try to post in the portable vape section it says I don’t have privileges.

Anyway...

Has anyone tried this? I see info about version 2, but can’t find much about version 3.

Has a removable battery, can handle concentrates and flower, and is only around $120.

Seems like a bargain?

I will try one soon hopefully... ;)

Some-new-user

I'm quite surprised that there's no info on the version 3 here. There is quite a bit on other sites and Instagram

I think the major improvements are -

Haptic (vibration) feedback - vibrates to tell you it's at temperature and possibly at other significant times.

Improved battery door - less picky about which batteries are compatible with version 3. I'm not sure which batteries or what improvement there is. I only have a few 18650's and only really use the stock battery in this vape so never had issues.

I'm sure there's other improvements/refinements I did see airflow mentioned too but I never really had an issue with the airflow.

I have what I believe is version 2 but I recently ordered a new mouthpiece cause the silicone o ring around the mouthpiece top went on my original one. I see that there are spares of these included with v3. The tip of my new mouthpiece is significantly more rounded than my original and under the rubber is a punched screen rather than a mesh one.

They also supply concentrate pads now rather than the little bucket thing I received.

Good vape, I use this as my take out vape cause I'm UK and don't want a mighty confiscating for lack of understanding/silly behaviour. I also only use lavender or green tea in this, I have used it with the real deal and do enjoy it. There's some good flavour and what I do really enjoy about this is there doesn't seem to be much 'flavour staining' lavender in the mighty needs a deep clean after but if I use it in the starry it doesn't linger for nearly as long. I usually do a few bowls of tea and can't notice it after that.

Very good value for money. I would definitely say go with the 'best' you can afford I know that's subjective but if I spend a decent amount of money on something I'll research like mad unless I actually WANT that particular piece - I play guitar and mess with sound equipment.

If you just want a nice beginner piece or something as a backup you won't regret this. It is in the same price range as the dynavap. I prefer the flavour and hit of the dynavap but don't want to mess with lighters and listen for clicks when I'm on a walk but then again that's just me and my preference. I also prefer a dedicated temperature control due to the types of herb that I use in this piece. Doubt I'd rush to do lavender in the dynavap through fear of combustion but love being able to use a variety in the starry.

in_human_form

What does everyone think about the quality of materials used in the STARRY V2 ?

Is there any danger that the coils in the bottom part of the machine may start to age,
and cause "microshards" to be released in to the vapor when we take draws ?

I'm very pleased with the Starry V2 but I only worry about the quality of materials.
This is the only reason why I'd be thinking about buying another more expensive vape. Other than that the Starry V2 is quite great.

in_human_form,

in_human_form

Aren't there any "coils" heating up inside the vaporizer that are responsible for creating the heat ?

Don't exactly remember where I read this on here,
but some guy was complaining about "micro-shards" being released by certain type of vaporizers and i'm not sure if the Starry V2 is one of those.

I also wonder about the safety of materials inside... like the rubber, the oven, etc.
I might buy a second Starry V2 since they're so cheap and pretty good,
but not sure if i'd be better of investing my money in a more expensive vaporizer.

I use mine for hash mainly and the starry V2 is pretty good at that (hash capsule + organic cotton)
For some reason the hash doesn't vape as well when there's not a layer of organic cotton below and on top of the crumbled hash.

Last edited:
in_human_form,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the heater coils in the Starry are embedded in the ceramic oven, just like all other ceramic ovens. see if you can get a list of the vapes in question from this guy.

stickstones,

in_human_form

don't remember where i read it, but it was on fc somewhere for sure.

but does the air we breathe in pass the heater coils or not and is it dangerous?
like... the starry V2 is awesome. Maybe it's too good to be true :p

in_human_form,

Some-new-user

If you do a Google search you can see the guys at puff it up do a tear down on the starry.

I don't think it's too good to be true but you really do get what you pay for - i dont think I'll ever consider this piece medical grade. I don't believe it's advertised as being so (Just saying this to cover my own back, I'm mentioning medical grade because safety of materials is in question) but I see this as one of the better budget vapes available.

From the teardown I can see one piece of material that I'm not 100% sure what it is -it seems to be the insulation for the ceramic oven. It's black and seems to have a texture like felt or cotton. Because i dont know exactly what that is I can't personally say it's 100% safe. I don't believe anything is ever 100% safe, freak accidents happen. Especially when you/we/I get complacent.

I don't think air flows past the 'felt' piece. The way i see it is that it comes in through the holes on the side underneath the chamber and up. It may go past some silicone. It doesn't really concern me much. The safety of the starry doesn't concern me at all personally, I would definitely buy another and I gave a friend one for Christmas. I wouldn't gift a lot of vapes but this sits in that perfect price range no frills checks the list vape. Wouldn't gift anything I have safety concerns over.

I think one thing though if the guys at puff it up took the vape apart and they definitely saw the part I'm talking about and the rest of the parts and nothing raised a concern with them that's good enough for me - I know they have had vapes that they refused to stock because of what they found in their teardowns.

Additionally I believe @stickstones gave some feedback regarding the starry quite early on in the design/production phase (I'm sure there's other beta/reviewers who contributed too) and to top it off planet of the vapes have their own rebranded version of this piece (more discreet/different logo) that takes a lot of investment and of they're willing to do that. It's more reassurance for me.

I guess I'm putting a lot of faith in to these companies. We all do and I mean nothing is 100% safe in the way that I could get hit by a bus tomorrow - I still look both ways when crossing the road though so this could be your equivalent of looking both ways.

If you're really concerned then save and have a look at your options, if it's the choice between another starry as a backup/second vape or something else then I personally would say something else, I feel that vapes have different signatures or profiles and it's easy to get used to them. I like to switch it up. I have a dynavap which is my absolute rockbottom - backup pretty much just stainless steel. There's a lot out there. I wish I could say yeah 100% safe no doubt but as I said I honestly don't think that exists. 99% maybe? Not 100% our good friend chaos has a huge part in that.

Some-new-user,

in_human_form

the "new and improved filter" for the V3 is compatible with the V1 and V2 device.
You can order it separately on vapefiend

I just tried this new filter on my Starry V2, and i think the "bigger airflow" lowers the max temperature of the device considerably.
I doubt the real Starry V3 runs hot enough to be able to counter-act the big loss in temperature caused by this "improved airflow filter".

Maybe for weed... the loss of temperature and bigger airflow is not an issue (?)...
but if you use hash then it's still going to vaporize, but you'll get more air... cooler vape... less taste... and possibly not be able to vape the hash as well as in a V2 due to lower temperature.

The V2 with the original filter works superb with crumbled hash packed in organic cotton.

Modnote: See following post

Last edited by a moderator:

in_human_form

IGNORE THE ABOVE POST!!
-------------------------------------
After some more testing,

I think the new 3.0 filter makes the starry 2.0 vape better for both hash and weed.
it also tastes cooler and has better airflow.

Anyone thinking to upgrade their 2.0 you can do it for just 7$ by ordering the 3.0 filter seperately.
(vapefiend has it)

Last edited:
Top Bottom