• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

X-Max Qomo Micro E-rig

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Too bad. I see a quartz option as a game changer here. Ceramic cup is a big reason I don't reach for Qomo more often. But the caution is certainly understandable. We want manufacturers to still be able to thrive and make these things...
Personnally I would dig a sic cup and a Ti one, I like the power of Ti in my DTV4, fast&efficient!

Texus

Personnally I would dig a sic cup and a Ti one, I like the power of Ti in my DTV4, fast&efficient!
Oh. I agree that I would prefer those options too. Somehow I got the idea that quartz was the first step.

Texus,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Oh. I agree that I would prefer those options too. Somehow I got the idea that quartz was the first step.
Yes, you're right, quartz will be the first step, I'm dreaming... I suggested Ti&Sic but I have a small influence on the plans though :)
Anyone hear of any new cups?
Stock atty works fine. But I’d like to be able to clean it better.
News releases are still on hold (cause the vape ban issue I believe), we have new cups designs in plans... can't say when at the moment.

The Qomo is a very handy little rig, so easy I tend to take it with me on place I never thought I could dab in, before, appart wax pens, I never thought to dab out of my home (on the garden at best). Have fun!

PPN,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I had been looking at these for a while waiting for an update to the ceramic oven and was pleasantly surprised when asked if I would like to sample a unit (probably due to my positive V3Pro comments, that were/are still warranted IMO)
Anyway, the unit is very small, so small I thought the water filtration might be as useful as water in the Headbanger(not very helpful) but I was taken aback at how well/cool it hit.
My first attempt was on the low setting (white) with a tiny dab as I thought I should match the unit...I got a large terpy couple of puffs and should have turned off the unit and swabbed it then, I did not as I swear there was still a bit of a puddle, there was not really as I got 1 x more wispy, then 1x roachy puff which left the ceramic looking even though I was still on the lowest setting...nasty. :lol:
I qtipped dry and with iso but it looked charred even up the sides after cleaning. I thought...oh well let's just try with more rosin, this was much better, 3x timer sessions until the middle of the bottom of the atty was starting to look dry with just a little oil in the edges. This oil qtipped all of the sidewalls of the atty clean from the earlier soiling but I still have a scorched spot in the bottom of it.
Much more testing to come...just need to find some attys for sale where I do not need to buy 100, (about US$4ea...hmmm)
1631532890213.png
https://www.dhgate.com/product/coil.....NDBADF|1|0|newes.#s1-4-1;searl|4147951777:6
Not quite this large of a dab...but close,
1631532827966.png
1631516999893.jpg

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
What's a beautifull background!

My Qomo's routine consist in using only small dabs, 1/2 to one rice grain sized dab. I stick with lower settings, if I want the best taste I draw when the pre-heat red pulsing led turn white but I wait a good 5-8s more before to draw if I want to get bigger clouds. Usually take 2-4 hits before to swab the ceramic bucket.

The ceramic doesn't stays white after a few uses although this is doesn't seems to affect the taste imo, I use homemade bho mostly and I suppose distillates are cleaners and can help to keep the ceramic white. Maybe iso soaks and gentle cleaning with a brush can help, as well do some high temp cycles, this is may help also!

That new blue color is great, isn't it?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been using the Qomo and am still amazed at how well such a small amount of water can work compared to other micro bubbler vapes I have tried. I have only used the unit at its lowest setting (white) but have managed to stain the atty quite badly. I used q-tips with 99.9% iso but only managed to get a bit of black off. I stopped as the pressure I was having to use would eventually damage something.
1632298383534.jpg

The device needs a Quartz or SiC atty as I do not like dabbing off char even if the flavor difference is minimal the visual aspect is a little offputting.
Any news on the atty upgrades @PPN?
The unit as is should be delivered with a spare atty so one can be soaked and cleaned with time (I might try a couple drops of SimpleGreen just in the ceramic cup of the atty) instead of force while the other is being used.
The Puffitup cleaning video says to just replace it but that would get expensive fast at about US$15ea where in stock at the high end or US$8 at Puffitup (out of stock).

Last edited:
LesPlenty,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes the nature of ceramic makes it difficult to clean, a trick would consist to hook your atty on a mod box and to use higher wattage short bursts in order to burn-off the black stain like we did with older Divine Tribe gear (DTv2&DTv3) although I still not tested cause, like you said yourself, flavor difference is pretty minimal!

Enjoy your Qomo!

Adobewan

I have been using the Qomo and am still amazed at how well such a small amount of water can work compared to other micro bubbler vapes I have tried. I have only used the unit at its lowest setting (white) but have managed to stain the atty quite badly. I used q-tips with 99.9% iso but only managed to get a bit of black off. I stopped as the pressure I was having to use would eventually damage something.
View attachment 13438

The device needs a Quartz or SiC atty as I do not like dabbing off char even if the flavor difference is minimal the visual aspect is a little offputting.
Any news on the atty upgrades @PPN?
The unit as is should be delivered with a spare atty so one can be soaked and cleaned with time (I might try a couple drops of SimpleGreen just in the ceramic cup of the atty) instead of force while the other is being used.
The Puffitup cleaning video says to just replace it but that would get expensive fast at about US$15ea where in stock at the high end or US$8 at Puffitup (out of stock).
I'd suggest modest burn-offs as @PPN suggested, but if all else fails, before you replace it, I recommend getting some steel wool and gently scrubbing. I'd give it a heat cycle first to loosen things up, then place a small piece of steel wool in, followed by a pencil, eraser first, to apply a little pressure and twist it to scrub.
Good luck.

Adobewan,
Reactions: LesPlenty

PPN

Volute of Vapor
QOMO GIVEAWAY!!

From the September 23 until the September 29, just give a look at our Instagram to enter!

Instagram account:
@xmaxvaporizer​

QOMO-giveaway.jpg

Good luck to everybody able to enter, Have fun!

Petetbay

QOMO GIVEAWAY!!

From the September 23 until the September 29, just give a look at our Instagram to enter!

Instagram account:
@xmaxvaporizer​

QOMO-giveaway.jpg

Good luck to everybody able to enter, Have fun!
I think I should get a free one. #3 has been put into service as #2 battery finally gave up, I estimate it had at least 180 recharges. #1 still running, but battery getting less cycles slowly and was out of service for a bit due to screwed up coil connector, probably has around 130 recharges

I have 2 failed Qomo ceramic coils that came apart most likely from overheating. The separated bottom section with the coil still functions and I had an idea to use the heater element to smoke hash on, but is it safe. The heater element looks to be high carbon steel, much like a stove element and pretty sure it isn’t medically safe as it’s completely isolated. The VM2 quartz coils which are probably similar have black buildups under the glass so probably some kind of oxide buildup created from the coil so that is why I ask whether inhaling off these coils would be safe. PPN is there someone you could ask this question? I have a Herb Iron that is great for hash but is plugin, the coil element can be run off a mod box.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
much like a stove element
I knew a guy that used to spot hash on a stovetop coil and inhale the vapor with a plastic straw...he was from Mt Isa so probably had lead poisoning anyway!
I have been using my fritted quartz atties from my Headbanger in the Qomo, works OK but I have to use my finger as a carb cap. Not as good a flavor as the standard unit but I have only been using iso ultrasonic cleaned used atties as I have run out of new stock (they were about $2ea so I was a little careless with them).
The good news is X-Max must be getting close to releasing a quartz cup atty as I was talking to their marketing guys about them the other day and was told I could buy them anywhere but was then told sorry, not quite released yet. :cry: But should be soon.:haw:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I think I should get a free one. #3 has been put into service as #2 battery finally gave up, I estimate it had at least 180 recharges. #1 still running, but battery getting less cycles slowly and was out of service for a bit due to screwed up coil connector, probably has around 130 recharges

I have 2 failed Qomo ceramic coils that came apart most likely from overheating. The separated bottom section with the coil still functions and I had an idea to use the heater element to smoke hash on, but is it safe. The heater element looks to be high carbon steel, much like a stove element and pretty sure it isn’t medically safe as it’s completely isolated. The VM2 quartz coils which are probably similar have black buildups under the glass so probably some kind of oxide buildup created from the coil so that is why I ask whether inhaling off these coils would be safe. PPN is there someone you could ask this question? I have a Herb Iron that is great for hash but is plugin, the coil element can be run off a mod box.
Hi, thank you for your feedback, it looks like you are a heavy user :tup: , I have myself 3 units but I'm sure all 3 didn't was under recharge as much as one of your units!

I think you deserve to get a free one but I can't decide myself... so I suggest you to contact our support team here: support@topgreencig.com

About your question, since your atty is broken apart, despite it still functions I can't recommand you to inhale off the coil. Although I don't know the kind of material used in the coils, I suppose it's Kanthal but I may be wrong. I can't ask since our China warehouse is taking holidays until the October 7. I'll let you know, when they come back.
The good news is X-Max must be getting close to releasing a quartz cup atty as I was talking to their marketing guys about them the other day and was told I could buy them anywhere but was then told sorry, not quite released yet. :cry: But should be soon.
Yes, soon... it was a long wait for these quartz bucket atties but it may be released for the next months... stay tuned!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, here the accessorie you asked for since a while is finally available, it's the Qomo Quartz Coil for the quartz lovers!

XMAX-QOMO-QUARTZ-COIL.jpg

This atty feature a quartz bucket on the top of a spiral heating element (pancake style). Got one and I think you will be amazed by the taste profil this is bring on the table. And a lot easier to clean than the stock ceramic atty, enjoy!

Choices

Hi, here the accessorie you asked for since a while is finally available, it's the Qomo Quartz Coil for the quartz lovers!

XMAX-QOMO-QUARTZ-COIL.jpg

This atty feature a quartz bucket on the top of a spiral heating element (pancake style). Got one and I think you will be amazed by the taste profil this is bring on the table. And a lot easier to clean than the stock ceramic atty, enjoy!
Is there a link for ordering it? I can’t seem to locate it online anywhere....

Petetbay

Will see how fast the supply chain works, I’ll be trying one. I think the crystal atty will be a big improvement over the ceramic for cleaning up and make it the nice little portable device it should have been. I’m use to the bigger bowl of the VM2 atty now and it’s heavy duty and have it setup the way I like.

714B392A-FC31-4411-A0FB-D5F3F4460D47.jpeg

Petetbay,
Reactions: LesPlenty

PPN

Volute of Vapor
The Qomo quartz coil is 10$ per unit.

Where are you @Choices and I'll try to find a retailer for you?

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor

Boreus

Just tried it out on the lowest temp, :tup: so far. Nice smooth hit, better than expected. Seems like it might take a few tries to find the sweet spot/angle for the bubbler to hit best. Can't wait to get my hands on a quartz bucket atty to up it to the next level.

Top Bottom