X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

jvn0921

Ask them if it's the last version or the first version released, I got one with a redesigned lid to avoid the air leaks mentionned in this thread and better silicone to avoid bad taste. Although, cause moulds issues, the updated Ace with adjustable oven size will have to wait, I'll let you updated about it. First version isn't so bad but you have to check the top lid is well positionned (I apply a bit of pressure to be sure it's a good fit!)

A silicon glove is available as a new accessorie.

Aight thanks so much for the quick reply! I'll ask them for sure when I go check it out today, looking forward to owning this device! Website says LATEST VERSION so if I somehow still do get one with the air leaks mentioned earlier in this thread I'll probably just swap it out. Otherwise the device looks perfect for my needs, cheers!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I get one from the last batch and there is no more air leaks, if you put your finger on the air inlet hole you will be unable to draw through the device, that's an isolated airpath and a a airleaks proof top lid, you will be not disappointed!

jvn0921

Hi, I get one from the last batch and there is no more air leaks, if you put your finger on the air inlet hole you will be unable to draw through the device, that's an isolated airpath and a a airleaks proof top lid, you will be not disappointed!
Confirmed! Just got mine, just smoked the first bowl with my brother! Beautiful device, small and feels great in my pocket or hand. Really digging it so far, I checked the airpath the lid and I think I'm good so thanks of the help! No draw when covering the air hole. Does get a bit hot quick but that's my only real con. Everything else is perfect.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Wow, you was fast!
I'm so glad to read your good first experience with our Ace, it brings on the scene some awesome new functions and its refined conduction oven is definitly a step up from the Starry, it does low temp hits better and high temp hits are smoother from my point of vue.

A silicone glove could help you to mitigate that heat, this is an Ace accessorie, check your retailer's website to know if you can get one.

Please, don't hesitate to ask me if you need infos, help, tips&tricks or/and support, I will be glad to help!

kushkush

happy camper....
Hi guys,

Just got my beautiful new XMax Ace in the mail and can't believe I got it so quick.

I'm impressed. ...for newbies, I clicked 3x to turn on, then I clicked the 'up' and 'Power' buttons once at the same time to set it for a 5 minute session. Then I clicked the 'down' and 'Power' buttons once at the same time to change it to F (fahrenheit).

Then I clicked the Up button and held it to go to 375F. Seconds later it vibrated. I took probably 3...6-second slow draws 5 or 10 seconds apart and then turned it off. My whole 'session' was probably 1 minute or so. (I think 375F is low for weed but I'm not sure...I'm just glad it works well at that temp!)

I got little vapor and lots of effect! This thing rocks! It's too easy!

I poured out the contents and they are still somewhat green so I'll use it a couple more times before reloading.

This Ace is a really nice looking device and I love the mouthpiece and the sliding bowl, and the rechargable/replacable battery is always a deal-maker. I got the 'wood' look and it's very attractive, I'm not sorry I got this look instead of the carbon-fiber, they're both handsome enough. It's a soft wood-like looking rubbery material that feels good to the touch. This is not a lightweight device... it's got some great heft and I really really like that!

I'd like to see others give their opinions of this vaporizer. Right now, I think its the Bees-Knees!

:leaf:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I like the linoleum brown fake wood feel too, it is a nice insulator especially when you kick the unit into Boost/Concentrate mode (double click while powered on) as 255c (491f) back to back can warm up the device pretty well.
I am still waiting on my replacement mouthpiece (it has been in transit for over 3 weeks so here soon) as mine had a fault plus it does not seal at all, even when pressing down on it to help...I can still draw quite easily with the bottom inlet air hole blocked.
@kushkush I also sit on 200c (374f) as any higher with herb gets too close to charring for me, I always run the full 10-minute sesh so the bud is well and truly popcorned by then.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you for the kinds words about the Ace @kushkush , you probably got the last version which is perfectly isolated, if you put your finger on the air inlet you can't take a draw. The issue mentionned by you @LesPlenty was fixed after the 1st batch, I hope the replacement mouthpiece will fix that!

Let me know, sorry shipping is so slow, that's strange cause you are not alone to mention that shipping issues, by the past (before covid) it was a lot faster.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Oops, thanks for pointing that out @LabPong, no idea how I came up with that figure.:smug:
Lots of packages are getting here late due to Vicbloodytoria (glad things are looking a bit better)...so all the new norm with freight delays @PPN :tup:

kushkush

happy camper....
Thank you for the kinds words about the Ace @kushkush , you probably got the last version which is perfectly isolated, if you put your finger on the air inlet you can't take a draw.

Ummm.... where's the air inlet? That hole at the bottom? I can draw air thru the mouthpiece when I stop up that hole. I'm just really really liking
the Ace and will highly recommend it to anyone wanting a small, easy to clean herb vape that works great. It's got class.... you'll see.

The Mighty - ....I see good coupons for getting the Mighty either at Weedipedia or Cream City Vapes. Anybody know if those two are reputable dealers? I'm ready to pull the trigger. :nod:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ummm.... where's the air inlet? That hole at the bottom? I can draw air thru the mouthpiece when I stop up that hole.
Hi, it looks like you got one from the first batch, could you ask to your retailer? With my first batch unit I just need to apply some pressure on the top lid when I hit it. Try to ask for a replacement unit, if it doesn't work I can ask to support team if you unit might be replaced... if you want.

kushkush

happy camper....
Hi, it looks like you got one from the first batch, could you ask to your retailer? With my first batch unit I just need to apply some pressure on the top lid when I hit it. Try to ask for a replacement unit, if it doesn't work I can ask to support team if you unit might be replaced... if you want.
Can you explain again just what my Ace is doing that it wouldn't do if it were not in the first batch? I got it at Puffitup and need to explain things to them. Thanks! :)

Oh... and, the draw resistence is too tight, and I'm sure some of the problem is that tight mouthpiece, but I'd like to have better/easier draw.

Last edited:
kushkush,

kushkush

happy camper....
Well, I posted in the wrong place so I cut that part out and will ask instead... how do you guys deal with the tight draw? I find the mouthpiece a resin magnet and it just feels plugged up all the time. Any help with that?

Last edited:
kushkush,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Can you explain again just what my Ace is doing that it wouldn't do if it were not in the first batch?
It could be a defective unit... please ask to Randy at PIU to be sure it's not a first batch unit. About the draw it's not so tight but it depends where you come from... I explain, if you got a free flowing convection based vaporizer, yes the Ace seems pretty restrictedairflow although it's common to get some restriction with a conduction vaporizer. I found the Ace not so much restricted but it may depends how tight you pack the bowl and you drawing tek, here a gentle and long inhalation is better than a fast and hard draw.
I thought you was happy with the Ace in regard to your first post in that page, let me know if I misunderstood. Have fun!

PPN,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
how do you guys deal with the tight draw?
I am on the original leaky mouthpiece (still waiting for the replacement to arrive) and find I still have to use mouthpulls for the first 5 mins of a sesh if I pack too tight(I do this most of the time, packed in pot with a Mighty brush like loading a musket)
I find the draw resistance is about the same as my Arizer Air when packed this way.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: PPN

kushkush

happy camper....
I need a little guidance. I just cleaned my Ace and now I'm wondering... can I leave the screen out of the mouthpiece if I'm only using concentrates on the pad? Also, is there a way to open up the airway a little when using bud in the Ace? Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
can I leave the screen out of the mouthpiece if I'm only using concentrates on the pad?
Should be fine.
is there a way to open up the airway a little when using bud in the Ace?
The only way would be to pack less in the bowl or try with an open weave mesh filter on top of the load with the ceramic OG filter removed as you suggested for concentrates, hell even try without a filter and see if the scooby snack production is at an acceptable rate.:haw:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I just checked the tracking on my replacement mouthpiece, site says it was delivered to NSW...only missed by about 1500klm (1000miles)...last month hehe, that is what I get for being patient...I did not know there was a problem. :smug:
Sent them a message asking for help, which should be interesting.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I just checked the tracking on my replacement mouthpiece, site says it was delivered to NSW...only missed by about 1500klm (1000miles)...last month hehe, that is what I get for being patient...I did not know there was a problem. :smug:
Sent them a message asking for help, which should be interesting.
There is so many issues with shipments at the moment, even DHL have a lot of delays and issues, that sucks!
I'll try my best to help you to get your replacement mp shipped to your door.

Crumpet

Could someone with battery knowledge and experience please tell me if any other 18650 batteries are acceptable? I'm highly considering buying this and have some 18650s around the house that I purchased for my old Arizer Air, but they are 3600mAh and not 2400. (The Air was designed for 2400, but was fine to use with 3600.)

Crumpet,
Reactions: PPN

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have only used Sony VT6 or LG HG2 in all my vapes as they have a very high amp draw capability and can be used in any device built for 18650 batteries.
I do not like to take chances with batteries that close to my face.
New examples of the ones I listed are about $10 ea to buy from a reputable seller.:2c:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi @Crumpet , I have to agree with our famous @LesPlenty about to use the best quality batteries available.... although the Ace don't need batteries with so high discharge rate, you can use the samsung 35 E which are the recommended replacement batteries for the IQ and are 3450mah I believe, the Ace comes with a Samsung 26j which are 2600mah but only 5.2A (the 35E are 8A) that's why the priced Sony vtc6 (i.e) aren't designed for the same task and are more usefull with a convection on-demand vape with huge power demand!
edit: so, imho, you are safe to use your old Arizer Air batteries, have fun and share with us about your Ace!

Top Bottom