X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

t00t

Hi, I've had the Ace for a while now, and really love it. I have a problem though - the chamber screen has become blocked, and also maybe the air chamber below slightly. I use a small amount of iso to clean, and maybe a tiny amount has leaked down.
I notice in the manual diagrams that the chamber screen can be removed, but I cannot see how to easily do this and do not want to damage the unit. Anyone help me out with this?

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Hi, I've had the Ace for a while now, and really love it. I have a problem though - the chamber screen has become blocked, and also maybe the air chamber below slightly. I use a small amount of iso to clean, and maybe a tiny amount has leaked down.
I notice in the manual diagrams that the chamber screen can be removed, but I cannot see how to easily do this and do not want to damage the unit. Anyone help me out with this?

Push the included brush up through the bottom air path and pop it out. clean and replace , you need to seat the screen back in with a small blunt object putting pressure around the edge of screen until you feel it pop in.

LabPong

A friend got some Starry3's for himself and another friend....I told him about the Ace...but to hold off till the updated version comes out. Just wondering about these 2 vapes as I have not got to try either yet, but really would like to try the Ace when it is revised and re-released.

Dutch-Mic

I'm very curious about the updated version of the Ace. I really like the OG Ace: the taste, smoothness and how easy it is to use. It is my favourite vape while cycling.

A (option for) a tinier bowl and an easier way to replace the screen in the bowl would already be great upgrades for me. A bonus would be no silicon in the vapor path.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I'm very curious about the updated version of the Ace. I really like the OG Ace: the taste, smoothness and how easy it is to use. It is my favourite vape while cycling.

A (option for) a tinier bowl and an easier way to replace the screen in the bowl would already be great upgrades for me. A bonus would be no silicon in the vapor path.

I fully agree regarding the bowl size and silicon. My Ace og seems to have an issue with the amount of vapor.
There seems to be a leak somewhere in the mouthpiece.

hans solo,
Reactions: PPN

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I hope the new version has a coating on the mouthpiece that does not shed glitter like mine does, tried to get in touch with CS but crickets, I would be angry if I had paid for it but it was a prize so.... oh well.
Would be a godd vape I would recommend if it wasn't for that.:2c:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thank you for the inputs Guys!

About the improved Ace release, it was initially planned to be released in August but I didn't got any recent news about it... I'll inquiry.

About leaks... I noticed on my Ace it may happen the top lid doesn't sit well on the bowl... creating leaks. Please try to check for your top lid well positionned to avoid leaks.

Like you said I'm thinking... I'm pushing the engineers team to eradicate that silicon seals from our next units, I have the same concerns than you about that material.

Hi @LesPlenty I don't understand what is your issue, I tried on a translator but the reply I got wasn't satisfying for me... could you elaborate please?

PPN,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hi @LesPlenty I don't understand what is your issue, I tried on a translator but the reply I got wasn't satisfying for me... could you elaborate please?
I believe @LesPlenty is saying the mouthpiece has a coating that is peeling off leaving random flecks behind.
I am only answering for LP because peeps are mostly sleeping down under right now, and he most likes won’t be able to respond for awhile.
My apologies if I overstepped. I am a little bored this Friday afternoon and have excess time on my hands!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I believe @LesPlenty is saying the mouthpiece has a coating that is peeling off leaving random flecks behind.
I am only answering for LP because peeps are mostly sleeping down under right now, and he most likes won’t be able to respond for awhile.
My apologies if I overstepped. I am a little bored this Friday afternoon and have excess time on my hands!
Oh yes, I remenber his concern but I didn't understood it was on the mouthpiece.... I don't understand the support team didn't replied to you @LesPlenty , they assured me they will take care of you! Please contact me by pm in oprder to find a solution... tia

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Yep, exactly correct, as I already explained to PPN by PM.
Please contact me by pm
Again? I was fobbed off to a nonexistant CS and when I asked for more help...crickets, here is the mouthpiece with the faulty coating that is rubbing off (It started where you can see a void where a foreign object was coated over to start the problem. If you want to help just send a replacement top part, you have my address,
IMG_20200525_214155.jpg

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Jill NYC

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry if you feel ignored, it's not the case I only get a few others peoples to deal with, be smooth please. Yes I remenber you, I agree your top lid seems to get a defective coating, I feel sorry the support team didn't replied to you but it may happen some emails are coming in the spam folder or, sometimes, never arrived at all. I will ask again if contest winners can expect a full warranty and will advise you. See you later, by pm, again!

ps: We improved a lot our support teams although since the situation (Covid) we closed, for a time, our X-Vape support team based in USA, so the China team (X-Max support team) have to take care of all the warranties of both X-Max and X-Vape. Maybe this is not why your inquiry was ignored but it may be forgotten since the huge task our support team have to face off!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, @LesPlenty please check your pm, I noticed I gave you a false email adress, please replace "topgreenecig" by "topgreencig", thank you and sorry for my mistake.

edit: sorry for the back to back post!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I tried to send to the wrong address for a week! haha, resent to the new address, I hope they deal with my problem one way or another before too long so I can finally post a proper review but I understand if it will take a while during these weird times.

Dutch-Mic

I'm on holidays at the moment and brought the Ace with me. I still think it's a very good vaporizer for walks, cycling and relaxing sessions. I bought a new high CBD / low THC strain that tastes a bit boring (a bit lemony) and somehow the Ace adds a bit of punch to it which makes the taste way more pleasant. I start at 170 degrees Celsius and finish the session at 190.

Question (edited the question for you @PPN, I apologise I was a bit unclear, wasn't very awake yet): the silicon smells and leaves a tiny bit of aftertaste of already used herbs (which is not a problem with the above mentioned strain). I tried to get rid of it with soapy water, but that didn't do the trick. Is there a way to get rid of the herby/avb smell and taste?

Last edited:
Dutch-Mic,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, you are probably more sensitive than me to silicon cause I found the Ace rather neutral about that. Although when I have a smelly silicon part I found the best to be to throw it in a iso jar already dark and saturated with reclaim for 1 hour at max and let it to dry. This is work for me...

We are bringing a great attention to silicone curing, we understood that's something important in order to get a great vaping experience. I'm taking note of your concern and will transmit it to the team, thank you to help us to improve our vaporizers!

jvn0921

Hi! Was wondering if there was any news on the update? I'm about to buy one from PlanetVape as they have it cheap for $110CAD, and was wondering if I should wait a bit or just go ahead and buy the current one?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi! Was wondering if there was any news on the update? I'm about to buy one from PlanetVape as they have it cheap for $110CAD, and was wondering if I should wait a bit or just go ahead and buy the current one?
Ask them if it's the last version or the first version released, I got one with a redesigned lid to avoid the air leaks mentionned in this thread and better silicone to avoid bad taste. Although, cause moulds issues, the updated Ace with adjustable oven size will have to wait, I'll let you updated about it. First version isn't so bad but you have to check the top lid is well positionned (I apply a bit of pressure to be sure it's a good fit!)

A silicon glove is available as a new accessorie.

Top Bottom