• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I have carbon fiber one @PPN , i did many 255c cylces, for burn off and as per suggested after a load 2 min @255 to clean. Otherwise i vape between 200-220
One of the upper corner is turnig up, as if was shifting out of its place. But it didnt go far since noticing. Starting to think maybe it was there from beginning
Still using mine with pleasure, it takes the spot of solo 2 that tastes better at first hit but is harsher and bulkier to carry than the ace
Battery monitor is not accurate , half charged or almost empty are the same for the ace

Andreaerdna,
Reactions: PPN

hans solo

Left coast Canada
As previously noted the ACE does a great job with whole buds. I was thinking that you could use this unit by blowing into the air intake. Kinda like back in the day when you would insert the lite end of a joint into your mouth I think they used to call it a shotgun?

hans solo,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Still using mine with pleasure, it takes the spot of solo 2 that tastes better at first hit but is harsher and bulkier to carry than the ace
That's nice!
I have carbon fiber one @PPN , i did many 255c cylces, for burn off and as per suggested after a load 2 min @255 to clean. Otherwise i vape between 200-220
One of the upper corner is turnig up, as if was shifting out of its place. But it didnt go far since noticing. Starting to think maybe it was there from beginning
Not so nice... I'll transmit to QC team.
Battery monitor is not accurate , half charged or almost empty are the same for the ace
Yes I noticed that issue with my unit, engineers told me it was fixed on more recent units.
As previously noted the ACE does a great job with whole buds. I was thinking that you could use this unit by blowing into the air intake. Kinda like back in the day when you would insert the lite end of a joint into your mouth I think they used to call it a shotgun?
Oh yeah, that's fun! (don't know if Covid19 will survive going through a 200°C heated bowl)!!

Just for infos, you can find me on Reddit under the username TopGreenRep, I expect to open separated subreddits for X-Vape and X-Max vaporizers.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have really battled to get on the good side of this device. Had it for weeks and simply have been struggling to fit this into my rotation. It wasn't until I finally buckled and caught up on the thread and was ready to share my thoughts, when I read about the tape and went back to test. I taped up the seal around the mouthpiece and the difference in performance caught me off guard. I definitely have a poor seal (no matter how much or little is packed, and taping closed finally allowed me to find a cloud or two.

Frankly, with the tape and added performance, this device does deserve all new consideration. This is how it should rip all the time... But I must be honest, the fact I have to tape it shut and untape it at the end of every chamber, really makes it hard for me to use it with any regularity on the go.

I do LOVE the aesthetics and its form factor. It is easily pocketable and the wood is quite discrete when out and about. All my issues with the device appear to be easily corrected BUT based on other people's responses, perhaps I may have just gotten one device that slipped through the quality control.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I have really battled to get on the good side of this device. Had it for weeks and simply have been struggling to fit this into my rotation. It wasn't until I finally buckled and caught up on the thread and was ready to share my thoughts, when I read about the tape and went back to test. I taped up the seal around the mouthpiece and the difference in performance caught me off guard. I definitely have a poor seal (no matter how much or little is packed, and taping closed finally allowed me to find a cloud or two.

Frankly, with the tape and added performance, this device does deserve all new consideration. This is how it should rip all the time... But I must be honest, the fact I have to tape it shut and untape it at the end of every chamber, really makes it hard for me to use it with any regularity on the go.

I do LOVE the aesthetics and its form factor. It is easily pocketable and the wood is quite discrete when out and about. All my issues with the device appear to be easily corrected BUT based on other people's responses, perhaps I may have just gotten one device that slipped through the quality control.
Hi @FlyingLow , I tested the tape idea to check... I agree to get best performances, not night&day but there is some improvements in term of vapor density, I'm thinking not all units equals about that issue . I already informed engineers about that, I'll let you know what they reply will be.

Thank you for the kinds words about design. Have fun!

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I have the exact same thoughts @FlyingLow. Other users have reported no air leak so hopefully is some QC issue in our units. We need to find a silicone band of the right size!.

I have also stopped using my Ace because of this. Using average quality herbs the difference is much more noticeable. Its a pity because I really like the clean flavour this thing delivers!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Please @jardri and @FlyingLow don't hesitate to contact the support team if you think your unit is not working correctly, maybe your top lid is defective, I'm puffing on mine while typing (without tape) and I get pretty satisfying hits. If I remenber well @Chingas mentionned that issue too. I already informed the engineer team. Here the support email if you need it: support@topgreencig.com

About the test which consist to blow in the air inlet while blocking mp's hole... yes when you do that you can see some vapor escape from the seam between the top lid and the main unit... like for a lot of others portables vaporizers. In classic usage your airpath/vaporpath is not under pressure like in the mentionned test, so I don't think that test to be an evidence of a failure... my thoughts. Remenber vapor will follow the easy path.

If you get average quality bud/low quality bud you need to load more to expect to get the same vapor production, i.e with my HerbalAire I can get pretty big clouds even with low quality flowers but I can load a gram or so...

I didn't got a lot of replies about which size you prefer for the spacer, engineer suggested 3 or 5mm but somebody else here preferred 8 or 9mm... what do you think of 3mm, if you want to microdose you can stack 2 or 3 of them...? on the beginning I was more in favor of the 5mm option but the stacking idea is growing on me.

Have fun!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Can I ask your results on a different test?

Whether full bowl or empty chamber, it does not matter.
Take a deep draw.
Take another deep draw while blocking the air intake holes.

Is there a noticeable difference in restriction for you?
My unit has no notable restriction when blocking the air intake holes, I can tell no difference open or blocked.

BUT there was a significant difference in restriction when performing the same test after taping up the gap around the mouthpiece.

Andreaerdna

Can I ask your results on a different test?

Whether full bowl or empty chamber, it does not matter.
Take a deep draw.
Take another deep draw while blocking the air intake holes.

Is there a noticeable difference in restriction for you?
My unit has no notable restriction when blocking the air intake holes, I can tell no difference open or blocked.

BUT there was a significant difference in restriction when performing the same test after taping up the gap around the mouthpiece.

I think your unit has an issue somewhere: with my ace there is a huge difference if i close air intake, almost as if it was sealed. Is the silicone flush with mouthpiece heatsink?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Yes, the mouthpiece is fully seated with nothing in the chamber or impeding in the closure.

I'll reach out to support. Based on everyone's experience, I do believe I have an issue with the lid. Once fixed, I am sure to get a lot more enjoyment out of this piece. I am confident in Ace's potential because it performs so well with the seal taped. I'll keep experimenting and will post up any new findings.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
In regards of the concerns mentionned by the first Ace owners I'll post here next week about the Ace's updates & improvements, stay tuned!

The version you have is already a step better than mine which is from the previous batch, next batch will come with all the improvements needed.

Thank you for everybody who shared his/her Ace's experience and helped us to make that vape better!

Since that Covid19 keep most of us at home, please take some pics to share here... I'm lucky enough to live in the wild and to have jobs I can continue but I feel sorry for everybody stucks in a small appartment and without anymore gains... and with the fear of the virus... be brave all my friends, we'll see the end of that shit!

Dutch-Mic

At the moment I'm in self quarantine with my family because of mild symptoms that could be related to the virus. Testing the Ace is on hold for now. When I'm symptom free again I'll continue testing.

Stay safe!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
At the moment I'm in self quarantine with my family because of mild symptoms that could be related to the virus. Testing the Ace is on hold for now. When I'm symptom free again I'll continue testing.

Stay safe!
Please take care of you, family and friends!

PPN,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi my friends, here the improvements we will make based on the first Ace owners feedback:

- better isolated airpath
- Leaks proof lid redesigning the silicon seal and the seam.
- battery jauge issue fixed
- better glue to fix the cover (woodgrain or carbon fiber) so no more peel.
- Added silicon curing to avoid bad taste
- 3mm ceramic stackable spacers to adjust the load size at your preference
- Water tool adapter

Thank you for everybody who helped us to make the Ace better.

Petetbay

Hi my friends, here the improvements we will make based on the first Ace owners feedback:

- better isolated airpath
- Leaks proof lid redesigning the silicon seal and the seam.
- battery jauge issue fixed
- better glue to fix the cover (woodgrain or carbon fiber) so no more peel.
- Added silicon curing to avoid bad taste
- 3mm ceramic stackable spacers to adjust the load size at your preference
- Water tool adapter

Thank you for everybody who helped us to make the Ace better.

Nice job on getting the updates so quickly PPN, looks like you addressed all the concerns. Stay safe.

Andreaerdna

This little vape is growing on me
It is not used as main device (vapcap and enano in this moment), but thanks to its smoothness and capacity to vape unground flower quite evenly, it get used more every week
I keep it very clean, 2 minutes autocleaning @255 C after each session (not every session but at least every 2) and once a week i clean it under very hot water and iso swab to finish.
I vape between 200-220, abv color is coffe brown outside and inside (slightly lighter inside but evenly colored), taste is roasty but pure
happy and stoned as i write

PPN

Volute of Vapor
That is awesome!

@PPN Are you also TopGreen Support, or is that through a different person/office?
No, it's not me, I think the support team is based in China. Let me know if you have a communication issue, I'll help you.

Nice job on getting the updates so quickly PPN, looks like you addressed all the concerns. Stay safe.
Thank you for the kinds words. That updates are something we done with all our previous vaporizers. Personnally, when I was just a customer/reviewer tester, I was amazed cause they was always trying to improve their ideas following our advices. There was 4 versions of the V2 Pro, 3 Starry's versions, 3 V-One's also and the Vital I recently got seems a lot better than the one I reviewed a while ago. This is the reasons who pushed me to accept to work with them!

This little vape is growing on me
It is not used as main device (vapcap and enano in this moment), but thanks to its smoothness and capacity to vape unground flower quite evenly, it get used more every week
I keep it very clean, 2 minutes autocleaning @255 C after each session (not every session but at least every 2) and once a week i clean it under very hot water and iso swab to finish.
I vape between 200-220, abv color is coffe brown outside and inside (slightly lighter inside but evenly colored), taste is roasty but pure
happy and stoned as i write
That's awesome you found a place for your Ace in your rotation, it looks like you get a beautifull arsenal... that's to say!

Here some shops who are selling the Ace:

Canada: planetvape.ca , kickashvapes.com
USA: vapepensales.com , vaporizerchief.com
Europe: kayashop.ch (suisse), vapo-city.de , Verdampftnochmal.de
Australia: herbvapewarehouse.com
Have fun!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Has anyone tried hash in the ACE ?
Since you run it at 255°C max temp, I think there is more than enough heat to vape efficiently a chunk of hasch.
I didn't got good results using the concentrate cup, it's mainly a flower vape and I would say hasch/wax would benefit of a layer of flowers or hemp fiber to soak in, that's my 2 cents...

Top Bottom