X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Since the bowl ejector is spring loaded to return to the bottom a silicon band to hold the trigger in the middle position might work to reduce the bowl size , but this would be totally dependent on the strength of the spring and the position of the heating element.
yes, that trick might work, I'll give it a try and report!

Very cool feedback and opinions @Petetbay , glad you like your Ace (and your Starry)! And thank you for testing the @hans solo ideas, yes the rubber band is located exactly on the oled screen for a 50% reduced bowl... so not a solution.

I may suggest to engineers to use a selective slide button rather than the spring loaded one so it might be used both as an unloading feature and adjustable bowl feature. maybe with 100%- 75%-50%-25% bowl size preselected positions. Our team is open to suggestions, but they have yet to decide how this change might impact retail price before to proceed and our goal is to offer high quality device at the most decent price we can!

Last edited:

Petetbay

yes, that trick might work, I'll give it a try and report!

Very cool feedback and opinions @Petetbay , glad you like your Ace (and your Starry)! And thank you for testing the @hans solo ideas, yes the rubber band is located exactly on the oled screen for a 50% reduced bowl... so not a solution.

I may suggest to engineers to use a selective slide button rather than the spring loaded one so it might be used both as an unloading feature and adjustable bowl feature. maybe with 100%- 75%-50%-25% bowl size preselected positions. Our team is open to suggestions, but they have yet to decide how this change might impact retail price before to proceed and our goal is to offer high quality device at the most decent price we can!

Hey PPN I have question on the Ace. How do you remove the chamber screen? It comes with spares, but haven't figure how to remove it.

Petetbay,
Reactions: PPN

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hey PPN I have question on the Ace. How do you remove the chamber screen? It comes with spares, but haven't figure how to remove it.
It's supposed to be removeable pushing it out from the air inlet (on the bottom) using the included longbrush... although I tried with my unit and I can't figure how to put it back after cause it needs a lot of strentgh to pull it out... so I haven't any satisfying reply for you but I'll contact the team to know about that screen and I'll report here!

Petetbay

It's supposed to be removeable pushing it out from the air inlet (on the bottom) using the included longbrush... although I tried with my unit and I can't figure how to put it back after cause it needs a lot of strentgh to pull it out... so I haven't any satisfying reply for you but I'll contact the team to know about that screen and I'll report here!

Yeah I tried the long brush too, but didn't want to push it too much as there's no use wrecking something that is working fine. I think that screen is just fine where it is. It appears be held in place by its holder and they made sure it was going to fly off when using the ejector, no biggie. Was just curious.

Petetbay,

Dutch-Mic

I got also a message about the shipment. Hopefully I can use the Ace Saturday.

Dutch-Mic,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yes, winners, your Aces are on their ways to your home! Please don't hesitate to share your impressions here.
I'm expecting you'll enjoy it, Topgreen try to build vaporizers able to provide quality hits and interesting features at a very decent price, not everybody wants to spend too much, so we are trying to offer that peoples the best options.
Don't know if we'll ever build an expensive vape, finally there is a lot of high quality expensive devices but not so much quality inexpensives devices... here we are!

In love with vaporizers for ever!

hans solo

Left coast Canada
@PPN With an Ace is on the way and I have never had a 18650 powered vape is there a recommended charging method considering that I do have not a external charger? I want to do some burn offs but not sure how to clean the other parts. I assume metal and ceramic can go in ISO and the silicon goes in soapy water. Or is this all covered in the manual?

Last edited:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello gentlemen!

I just received my Ace unit. I haven´t used it yet, still doing burnoffs. Build quality seems pretty good for a medium range vape, the unit seems easy to clean and sturdy.

Airpath is great! Fully isolated, I can even see through the airpath so that is a big yes for this unit. The unloading spring seems well built too as well as the mouthpiece. The silicone in the mouthpiece has surprised me because how little it smells, of the vapes I own this is the one with less silicone residual smell so another big yes for this unit. Also, the included samsung 18650 its a really good quality one.

Unfortunately there is a lot of silicone in the cooling chamber, even if the silicone is very high grade and has no taste I still prefer glass or metal. Also, the wooden finish of my unit is extremely fake. It feels more like synthetic leather and the design pattern and color does not replicate wood very well. Also, the unit gets quite warm during burnoffs and so does the mouthpiece. I can´t tell if it is unconfortable or not until I actually use it, but at max temp it gets quite hot.

Will update in a few days with photographs and an actual review!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I got mine too but i am recovering from flu (covid19 ?) and on a t-break

I agree with @jardri about general observations, it is well built and solid and hefty while quite small

Carbon fiber finition too isn’t real (adhesive cover) but it looks nice. Cover feels rubbery and should provide some insulation.

While cold no robot fart whatsoever and silicone do no smell at all, will see once heated

Will report back once i recover and use it

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Update: The ACE logo on the sliding mechanism has already faded in my hand. I just touched it with clean hands and it dissapeared. Now I have a darkened slider and i cant clean it because im wiping it and still stays the same

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have mine. Not used it yet but will give first impressions. Overall considering the price build quality is very good. Cant fault it.

Packaging is small, neat and functional. Love the wording on the back "not to be used by pets". If i had a dog it would be crying. The concentrates container looks quite good. A metal cylinder with a liquid pad at the bottom.

My only concern is the moving oven floor. There is a visable gap all the way round. Can you clean underneath? I think herb particles can fall underneath for sure. Also the chamber is quite large. Was thinking glass beads as a spacer? Then i would have to deal with hot glass when emptying. Hmmmm

Will report back after usage.

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Mine just arrived! I've developed a sinus infection that seems to be damping my immune system enough that I'm developing bronchitis, too (Damn, Spring!), so I'll have to wait a week or two before I get to use it :cry:

But I've opened everything and done a few burn offs. Like everyone said, the silicon has no smells, which I'm happy about. The oven is HUGE, though, like pretty freaking deep. I tried what another member mentioned and wrapped a rubber band around it to see if it could hold it in place, but I think mine wasn't strong enough. I'll try a few more things when I'm actually able to use it after I recover.

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Used the Ace last night and I got high as fuck. If fully loaded and packed this device gives very nice clouds and strong effects.

It takes a lot of herb but one load lasted me 2 hours of use inbetween matches while playing overwatch. I started at 190ºc with very good taste and went up to 230ºc. Once it stopped producing clouds i stirred it by pushing the chamber up and refilling, very convenient! I got a few more clouds until it was totally spent.

I got surprised by vapor smoothness, this thing delivers quite fresh clouds and the taste is very good for a conduction unit. It was my first usage post burnoffs and I didn´t notice any foreign taste which surprised me.

Also boost mode is not only for concentrates! I put in a micro load at 255c and got 3 very nice clouds, no combustion.

Overall pretty good conduction vape so far, with one of the best airpaths of any unit out there.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
Received my Ace today so my Saturday project will be clean and test. The packaging is incredibly compact and the unit seems well built giant bowl and a lot of silicon. Looking forward to checking out the vapour.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Sorry for the late reply but my internet wasn't working well this last few days, happy to see a lot of first positive feedback but sad there is so many sick menbers.

@PPN With an Ace is on the way and I have never had a 18650 powered vape is there a recommended charging method considering that I do have not a external charger? I want to do some burn offs but not sure how to clean the other parts. I assume metal and ceramic can go in ISO and the silicon goes in soapy water. Or is this all covered in the manual?
There is a built in charger, so you can charge the device using a usb cord. Like usual some burn offs are recommanded although I didn't noticed any bad smell with my unit.

Hello gentlemen!

I just received my Ace unit. I haven´t used it yet, still doing burnoffs. Build quality seems pretty good for a medium range vape, the unit seems easy to clean and sturdy.

Airpath is great! Fully isolated, I can even see through the airpath so that is a big yes for this unit. The unloading spring seems well built too as well as the mouthpiece. The silicone in the mouthpiece has surprised me because how little it smells, of the vapes I own this is the one with less silicone residual smell so another big yes for this unit. Also, the included samsung 18650 its a really good quality one.

Unfortunately there is a lot of silicone in the cooling chamber, even if the silicone is very high grade and has no taste I still prefer glass or metal. Also, the wooden finish of my unit is extremely fake. It feels more like synthetic leather and the design pattern and color does not replicate wood very well. Also, the unit gets quite warm during burnoffs and so does the mouthpiece. I can´t tell if it is unconfortable or not until I actually use it, but at max temp it gets quite hot.

Will update in a few days with photographs and an actual review!

Glad you seems rather happy. About the silicone in the vaporpath, I agree this is annoying, I suggested them a full glass and ceramic/zirconium vaporpath... maybe that will comes as an accessorie or included in the basic package I can't say for now... The finish... when I saw most of winners choosed the woodgrain fake finish I was afraid it didn't look as nice as on the pics. I'll report your impressions, good and bad!

My only concern is the moving oven floor. There is a visable gap all the way round. Can you clean underneath? I think herb particles can fall underneath for sure. Also the chamber is quite large. Was thinking glass beads as a spacer? Then i would have to deal with hot glass when emptying. Hmmmm
That's nice you appreciate the building quality, I always found TopGreen to provide quality vapes, that's why I accepted to work with them! I was also concerned about particles falling under that sliding bottom screen and they replied me you can dismantle the bottom screen to get a fully cleaning access. How? Using the long brush you can pop it up... it's not mentionned in the user guide and, to be honnest, when I tried I was afraid to break something since it need a lot of stentgh to pull it out... and afraid to be unable to replace it. I will try again on my unit cause I don't want you to break something in any case... and report later.

Mine just arrived! I've developed a sinus infection that seems to be damping my immune system enough that I'm developing bronchitis, too (Damn, Spring!), so I'll have to wait a week or two before I get to use it :cry:

But I've opened everything and done a few burn offs. Like everyone said, the silicon has no smells, which I'm happy about. The oven is HUGE, though, like pretty freaking deep. I tried what another member mentioned and wrapped a rubber band around it to see if it could hold it in place, but I think mine wasn't strong enough. I'll try a few more things when I'm actually able to use it after I recover.
Hi, take time and cure yourself @rnartian , it seems a few members are sick... fuckin hot winter! Not enough cold to kill all that virus&bacteria! Yes the bowl is pretty large although we will provide a bowl reducer. You can try a mesh pad or anything else which fits and heat resistant (glass, quartz, ceramic and stainless steel). I use myself a ceramic filter from another vape.

Used the Ace last night and I got high as fuck. If fully loaded and packed this device gives very nice clouds and strong effects.

It takes a lot of herb but one load lasted me 2 hours of use inbetween matches while playing overwatch. I started at 190ºc with very good taste and went up to 230ºc. Once it stopped producing clouds i stirred it by pushing the chamber up and refilling, very convenient! I got a few more clouds until it was totally spent.

I got surprised by vapor smoothness, this thing delivers quite fresh clouds and the taste is very good for a conduction unit. It was my first usage post burnoffs and I didn´t notice any foreign taste which surprised me.

Also boost mode is not only for concentrates! I put in a micro load at 255c and got 3 very nice clouds, no combustion.

Overall pretty good conduction vape so far, with one of the best airpaths of any unit out there.
That's a good feedback! Yes vapor is pretty smooth and I didn't got that baked taste even at +210°C.
Have fun and keep loading your Ace!

rnartian

Earthling flora is... fascinating.
Hi, take time and cure yourself @rnartian , it seems a few members are sick... fuckin hot winter! Not enough cold to kill all that virus&bacteria! Yes the bowl is pretty large although we will provide a bowl reducer. You can try a mesh pad or anything else which fits and heat resistant (glass, quartz, ceramic and stainless steel). I use myself a ceramic filter from another vape.
You can say that again :lol: That's my parent's view as well; winter was too hot, so we're all getting sicker!

I had an idea when I was fiddling with the spring mechanism yesterday. Where the push mechanism goes up, there is a recess of space. I was wondering, do you think a 1mm thick piece of plastic that is the correct shape to hold it in place (as in, keep it from going back down) would work? I wasn't sure if that would harm the spring mechanism or not.

hans solo

Left coast Canada
I started the Ace @ 338F which is reg temp on my solo ll nada but at 365 it was producing clouds.
Vapor quality is tasty and potent due to the unrestricted air path although the mouthpiece gets a little toasty.
I like that the synthetic wood finish has a non slip texture as us old folks tend to drop stuff.
It would make a good out in public vape if I can figure out how to effectively reduce the bowl size.
Overall it seems a well designed vape at its price point.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
@rnartian my best success so far has been to gently press the spring up while the chamber is loaded, i can compress the load in the upper side of the chamber. It greatly improves performance.
:tup:, yes good idea!

I started the Ace @ 338F which is reg temp on my solo ll nada but at 365 it was producing clouds.
Vapor quality is tasty and potent due to the unrestricted air path although the mouthpiece gets a little toasty.
I like that the synthetic wood finish has a non slip texture as us old folks tend to drop stuff.
It would make a good out in public vape if I can figure out how to effectively reduce the bowl size.
Overall it seems a well designed vape at its price point.
Thank you for your feedback, glad you enjoy it! I found it pretty good at low-medium temp (180-200) both in term of clouds production and taste.

I had an idea when I was fiddling with the spring mechanism yesterday. Where the push mechanism goes up, there is a recess of space. I was wondering, do you think a 1mm thick piece of plastic that is the correct shape to hold it in place (as in, keep it from going back down) would work? I wasn't sure if that would harm the spring mechanism or not.
Yes, that trick might work but a spacer/bowl reducer is in the book and will be a better solution imo. Even a small mesh pad or a glass/metal/ceramic spacer which fits the bowl isn't very difficult to find, this is the diy solution if you can't wait:lol:.

Please Ace customers and Ace winners don't hesitate to post your feedback, even bad ones cause they will help us to improve that vape. This is how TopGreen proceed, for every/most units released they listened complains and tried to improve the vape. It was the case for the X-Max V2 Pro, V-One and Starry (Fog's improved version will comes out pretty soon!!) and it will be the case for the Ace too!

Have fun!

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
I tryied mine:

unground flower @ 200C

I am happy to report unground flowers were vaped evenly, i opened the bud and inside it was as brown as outside, so i am happy with this
Exhale was shy compared to vapcap but i got vapor exhale for 10 minutes long before stopping, no huge convection hits but it was constant production
Auto cleaning is a nice function and paired with low temps and unground flowers this is going to be a breeze to use/maintain
taste is roasted as expected but more testing required since i am still recovering and with with a running nose, but i can already attest it is very smooth

for me this little solid vape is a good sipper for out and about and i am happy i won this

Dutch-Mic

I'm very happy with the fact that I won an Ace, but sadly there seems to be something off with my unit.

After more than fifteen burn-offs and two deep cleanings there's still a strange smell/taste I don't trust. I contacted PPN and he advised me to contact CS (his customer service is great btw). There are als two minor machining scratches just above the bowl in a little ridge.

Aside from those points I like the form factor, heat up time and the vibration when it it heated up (you won't miss that). Outside you can see the display clearly, even though I must say that I only tried that in cloudy conditions. The vape is a bit heavy, but for me that's a pro: it feels good in the hand. It's easy to disassemble the mouthpiece unit, which is practical for cleaning. I never had so much silicon in the vapor path, but I haven't tried the Ace with herb yet so I don't know if that's a con for me.

I hope I can share my impressions of a well working unit in the near future!

Last edited:

Petetbay

I'm very happy with the fact that I won an Ace, but sadly there seems to be something off with my unit.

After more than fifteen burn-offs and two deep cleanings there's still a strange smell/taste I don't trust. I contacted PPN and he advised me to contact CS (his customer service is great btw). Therea are als two minor machining scratches just above the bowl in a little ridge.

Aside from those points I like the form factor, heat up time and the vibration when it it heated up (you won't miss that). Outside you can see the display clearly, even though I must say that I only tried that in cloudy conditions. The vape is a bit heavy, but for me that's a pro: it feels good in the hand. It's easy to disassemble the mouthpiece unit, which is practical for cleaning. I never had so much silicon in the vapor path, but I haven't tried the Ace with herb yet so I don't know it that's a con for me.

I hope I can share my impressions of a well working unit in the near future!

Try filling the bowl with AVB and run a burnoff at about 435F(cannabis combusts at 451F) and blow through the air inlet at the bottom. This worked for the terrible taste of a new Boundless Tera stock mouthpiece and the Starry as well. As long as you don't have a counterfeit Ace made with improper silicone the silicone is usually food grade high temp silicone and safe as well as inert from heat.

Top Bottom