X-Max Ace Vaporizer by TopGreen

Bigoss

Sorry for your loss, is the support team offered you something else... like a new Ace if you pay shipping cost? You can try to ask them, it's something we can do... sometimes. Let me know...
At first they offered, bud a few hours later they wrote that it was some kind of mistake. So will lok for the new one.

Bigoss,
  • Sad
Reactions: PPN

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
At first they offered, bud a few hours later they wrote that it was some kind of mistake. So will lok for the new one.
Hi @Bigoss , sorry about the false expectations! Maybe you can ask for an offer... although we aren't usually selling devices directly to final customers, that's why there is no Xmax website where you can place order. Xmax gear is only available through retailers, best regards!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: LesPlenty

ozbrit

I've had a dozen or so vapes mostly low to middle priced devices over the past 3-4 years inc Boundless CF, Arizer Solo 2, Healthy rips Rogue, Flowermate 5.0s pro. There's always something I don't like. It causes me to ponder and then buy the next latest and greatest according to reviews. Then yesterday I received the Xmax Ace.

The main reason for ordering is my fondness for the Xmax Starry 3.0 which has been my go to device since I bought it in the Black Friday sales. What I like about the Starry is the discreet size, though I don't leave home with it. My vaping is strictly for evenings to relax and prepare for a nights sleep which doesn't come easy to me. Despite it's small size, I find that it hits hard by extracting virtually everything from the grind on a 10 min session @ 200c/390f. I find that any hotter setting can irritate the air passages. It also has a nice sized herb chamber which can take approx .3g of grind.

So I took a gamble and purchased the Xvape Fog pro a fortnight ago not realising it was convection and not conduction style of heating like the Starry. Well tbh it was a mistake (I should have done more research), I already have the highly regarded Solo 2 convection vape with glass mouthpieces which can only hold ~ 0.15g of grind. But the Solo did imo do a better job than the Fog. I suffer from nasal allergies and that interferes with my taste so I'm not into terpenes and flavors, only with what gets me, chilled, high and sleepy.

My reasoning for getting the Fog and now the Ace, was to have a vape like the Starry, but a bit bigger and I think with the Ace, I've found it. The vapor it created quite surprised me, it was more than I'd expect to see from the Starry at 390f, my lungs told me that the oven was hotter too, despite both being dialed to 390f and certainly the dark brown coloration of the AVB then confirmed it. I'll try it at 375f later. The AVB like the Starry was a consistent hue, it suggests the wall heat efficiently reaches the herb in the centre of the bowl. The cylindrical bowl seems slightly smaller than the oval one in the Starry, I'd say it takes in the region of .25g of grind. It looks to be the same size as the Fog pro.

I think I'm in love with the Ace already, this despite the body getting on the hot side like the Starry, the provided handy gel case can help with this, but as with the Starry, the battery itself doesn't feel unduly hot.

Last edited:

ozbrit

I like the Ace so much I've just ordered a spare. Part of my reasoning is the government in Australia are talking taking action over nicotine vapes. It seems that instead of taking up ciggies, many youngsters are stupidly thinking it grown up to be vaping pretty decorated flavoured nicotine vapes and getting hooked that way. The more extreme action being considered is to ban the sale of all vape devices apart from at pharmacy's with a GP's prescription.

Last edited:

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I am a starry fan but this one is even better for me.

Better taste,airflow ,easy to unload ,can get even hotter ,which I do find useful...

Are there many better electronic conduction vapes out there?I for sure haven't tried one.
I haven't tried any of the vapes you mention here but my favorite electric conduction vape by far is the Davinci IQ2. It's the only vape of this type that I own. Much more expensive though. The more recent IQC could be a cheaper alternative to try.

TigoleBitties,

Ipe17

I bought an Ace a couple months ago and I absolutely love it. I had a starry 4 for out and about and while I liked it, I did find it hard to deal with the capsules. So I looked for something similar but with a round chamber. The Ace has been since my go to device for out of home. I really like it can get to those high temps for traditional hash and wax and in my opinion it does a great job with weed too. Since I use it on the go, I only use it with capsules for weed. It was hard for me to find the right capsules. The cahmber is verylong but thin. I tried flowermate and dynavap hard capsules but I did not like them (they take too long to get warm enough). I finally tried some mesh capsules I had for the Impcognito and those work wonders. I put the Ace at 220C and as soon as I get haptic feedback that is ready I can get a big cloud, no extra waiting time. At that temps the capsule is completely done in 4 minutes. The funny thing is that the chamber is deep enough to get two capsules at the same time. If I go that route I put the Ace at 200C as otherwise I cant cope with the amount of vapor it produces. I find it really amazing (and I have had a lot of portables like TM, TP80, Mighty +, tried the Venty and a lot of other poratbles and currently using an ALP and a BAKx at home).

With hash and wax I just wrap them in organic cotton and they work fine (at 240C or 255C). And the ejector is absolutely great to take the cotton cilider out once the session is over (usually 10 minutes)

For me the cons are that at 240-255C it gets really hot after 7-8 minutes (although I can still use it) and that flavour is just average and getting really worse if you dont keep the CU clean, and that CU gets quickly full of reclaim (I am not using the CU metal filter and I guess that does not help with reclaim).

Also, my Starry 4 has the white ceramic coating of the chamber really dirty and I cant clean it. The chamber in the Ace, since it has not ceramic coating, is way easier to keep clean.

Re the capsules, I bought them long ago from Mistvape and I dont dont know where to buy them anymore, which is a pitty. is anyone else using capsules and which ones?

I am seriously considering buying a second unit as backup, but this desing is already 4 years old and I guess at some point Xmax will come out with something better? I had a Roffu and sold it cause I did not like it. HAvent tried a V3 Pro propperly but going only to 220C is a no no for wax and hash... so for only 90EUR I guess I will end up bitting and getting a second one.

Lastly, thanks to @vapormachina. It was watching his videos what made me order a vape that is 4 years old and I am very happy with it

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I've had a dozen or so vapes mostly low to middle priced devices over the past 3-4 years inc Boundless CF, Arizer Solo 2, Healthy rips Rogue, Flowermate 5.0s pro. There's always something I don't like. It causes me to ponder and then buy the next latest and greatest according to reviews. Then yesterday I received the Xmax Ace.

The main reason for ordering is my fondness for the Xmax Starry 3.0 which has been my go to device since I bought it in the Black Friday sales. What I like about the Starry is the discreet size, though I don't leave home with it. My vaping is strictly for evenings to relax and prepare for a nights sleep which doesn't come easy to me. Despite it's small size, I find that it hits hard by extracting virtually everything from the grind on a 10 min session @ 200c/390f. I find that any hotter setting can irritate the air passages. It also has a nice sized herb chamber which can take approx .3g of grind.

So I took a gamble and purchased the Xvape Fog pro a fortnight ago not realising it was convection and not conduction style of heating like the Starry. Well tbh it was a mistake (I should have done more research), I already have the highly regarded Solo 2 convection vape with glass mouthpieces which can only hold ~ 0.15g of grind. But the Solo did imo do a better job than the Fog. I suffer from nasal allergies and that interferes with my taste so I'm not into terpenes and flavors, only with what gets me, chilled, high and sleepy.

My reasoning for getting the Fog and now the Ace, was to have a vape like the Starry, but a bit bigger and I think with the Ace, I've found it. The vapor it created quite surprised me, it was more than I'd expect to see from the Starry at 390f, my lungs told me that the oven was hotter too, despite both being dialed to 390f and certainly the dark brown coloration of the AVB then confirmed it. I'll try it at 375f later. The AVB like the Starry was a consistent hue, it suggests the wall heat efficiently reaches the herb in the centre of the bowl. The cylindrical bowl seems slightly smaller than the oval one in the Starry, I'd say it takes in the region of .25g of grind. It looks to be the same size as the Fog pro.

I think I'm in love with the Ace already, this despite the body getting on the hot side like the Starry, the provided handy gel case can help with this, but as with the Starry, the battery itself doesn't feel unduly hot.
I like the Ace so much I've just ordered a spare. Part of my reasoning is the government in Australia are talking taking action over nicotine vapes. It seems that instead of taking up ciggies, many youngsters are stupidly thinking it grown up to be vaping pretty decorated flavoured nicotine vapes and getting hooked that way. The more extreme action being considered is to ban the sale of all vape devices apart from at pharmacy's with a GP's prescription.
Hi, coming from you, a vape addict, this is means a lot for us, I'm sad to realize I missed your post since a while, it was close a year ago and I don't even noticed your post, sorry my friend... But it looks like the Ace to be under-rated, it's the device we released with the most expensive msrp (now it's 109$ but it was 129$ when it was released), and I was so busy with the V3Pro thread and others sub-sequents releases... But I'm very glad to see the Xmax Ace get some fans, it deserves to get these fans... hope you arte still happy 10 months later ;)
I am a starry fan but this one is even better for me.

Better taste,airflow ,easy to unload ,can get even hotter ,which I do find useful...

Are there many better electronic conduction vapes out there?I for sure haven't tried one.
What's an epic feedback for Xmax Brand, I will transmit it to the team, this is will warm us, so sad I just noticed your post... 10 months later, sorry if you felt ignored, it was my mistake, sorry again!
I bought an Ace a couple months ago and I absolutely love it. I had a starry 4 for out and about and while I liked it, I did find it hard to deal with the capsules. So I looked for something similar but with a round chamber. The Ace has been since my go to device for out of home. I really like it can get to those high temps for traditional hash and wax and in my opinion it does a great job with weed too. Since I use it on the go, I only use it with capsules for weed. It was hard for me to find the right capsules. The cahmber is verylong but thin. I tried flowermate and dynavap hard capsules but I did not like them (they take too long to get warm enough). I finally tried some mesh capsules I had for the Impcognito and those work wonders. I put the Ace at 220C and as soon as I get haptic feedback that is ready I can get a big cloud, no extra waiting time. At that temps the capsule is completely done in 4 minutes. The funny thing is that the chamber is deep enough to get two capsules at the same time. If I go that route I put the Ace at 200C as otherwise I cant cope with the amount of vapor it produces. I find it really amazing (and I have had a lot of portables like TM, TP80, Mighty +, tried the Venty and a lot of other poratbles and currently using an ALP and a BAKx at home).

With hash and wax I just wrap them in organic cotton and they work fine (at 240C or 255C). And the ejector is absolutely great to take the cotton cilider out once the session is over (usually 10 minutes)

For me the cons are that at 240-255C it gets really hot after 7-8 minutes (although I can still use it) and that flavour is just average and getting really worse if you dont keep the CU clean, and that CU gets quickly full of reclaim (I am not using the CU metal filter and I guess that does not help with reclaim).

Also, my Starry 4 has the white ceramic coating of the chamber really dirty and I cant clean it. The chamber in the Ace, since it has not ceramic coating, is way easier to keep clean.

Re the capsules, I bought them long ago from Mistvape and I dont dont know where to buy them anymore, which is a pitty. is anyone else using capsules and which ones?

I am seriously considering buying a second unit as backup, but this desing is already 4 years old and I guess at some point Xmax will come out with something better? I had a Roffu and sold it cause I did not like it. HAvent tried a V3 Pro propperly but going only to 220C is a no no for wax and hash... so for only 90EUR I guess I will end up bitting and getting a second one.

Lastly, thanks to @vapormachina. It was watching his videos what made me order a vape that is 4 years old and I am very happy with it
So glad to see only very good feedbacks in this thread, I appreciate the full report!

About the capsule question, sadly we didn't released dosing caps for the Ace since it was slightly under-rated and didn't sale very well (sadly again, since, like you said, it's a very good device, isn't it?), as well no wpa was released too...
Although I'm using myself the Flowermates Vaporizers dosing caps, it's old design with threaded top and huge metal mass to heat-up but they work (in the Xmax V2Pro and Xmax Vital too). I think the Fenix Mini/Fury2/TheOne dosing caps to fit the Xmax Ace as well, I think the last versions of this device caps to be better than the old Flowermates caps.

The Starry 4 works very well for me and the white ceramic chamber is still white but I'm using exclusively the dosing caps, I really think it's a better choice considering you want to get dosing caps and the Starry 4 ones are probably the less expensive in the market (cause we use thin stainless steel) and considering the adjustable airflow feature. Although I agree the added power a Ace offer (255°C Boost feature!) is great from a hasch consumer point of vue (and the cylindrical chamber is probably slightly more efficient for hasch vaping than the larger Starry's chamber, but Starry's is also a contender for hasch, one of the rares to be strong enough to vape hasch/concentrates efficiently with its 240°C/464°F max T° feature). So, at the end, that's your choice. Thanks for your confidence in our brand though.

Feel free to contact me for infos, tips&tricks or support, have fun!

Ipe17

I tried Fenix Mini/Fury2 capsules and they are too wide unfortunately

I would love an Ace 2, going to 255 C and a bit wider and shorter oven. and no ejec spring (or whatever is called).

What I like of the ace over the Starry is that the oven is not oval, it goes to 255C and although fatter, the device is a couple cm shorter, which fits better my pockets

jardri

Vapor Dreams
I got one of the first Ace in a pre release giveaway and my unit has been constantly abused, without manteinance and in first timers hands because it is the vape I give to friends who want to initiate in vaporizers... This thing is worn, the stickers came off, the ceramic has chips and fractures, the buttons are wobbly and the eject system does not work but it still vaporizes like the day i got it. It is the most durable electric vaporizer i have put my hands on by a really wide margin!

I could bet you can use it as a hammer, build a house with it and it would still work!

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I tried Fenix Mini/Fury2 capsules and they are too wide unfortunately

I would love an Ace 2, going to 255 C and a bit wider and shorter oven. and no ejec spring (or whatever is called).

What I like of the ace over the Starry is that the oven is not oval, it goes to 255C and although fatter, the device is a couple cm shorter, which fits better my pockets
Ok, I will check with mines maybe only the Flowermates caps fits the Ace. I'll transmit your wish to see a improved version of the Ace to come, but can I ask you why you don't want to get anymore the quick unloading feature? Really I think it's convenient not to have to use a pick to unload my vape...
I got one of the first Ace in a pre release giveaway and my unit has been constantly abused, without manteinance and in first timers hands because it is the vape I give to friends who want to initiate in vaporizers... This thing is worn, the stickers came off, the ceramic has chips and fractures, the buttons are wobbly and the eject system does not work but it still vaporizes like the day i got it. It is the most durable electric vaporizer i have put my hands on by a really wide margin!

I could bet you can use it as a hammer, build a house with it and it would still work!
Thank you for the awesome report, mine is still working very well too but looks like in better shape than your, I'm very glad to see such reports, thank you Guys!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: jardri

Ipe17

Ok, I will check with mines maybe only the Flowermates caps fits the Ace. I'll transmit your wish to see a improved version of the Ace to come, but can I ask you why you don't want to get anymore the quick unloading feature? Really I think it's convenient not to have to use a pick to unload my vape...

Thank you for the awesome report, mine is still working very well too but looks like in better shape than your, I'm very glad to see such reports, thank you Guys!
The unloading thing I like it, but it is another thing to get jammed or broken. Mine does not work that well anymore...

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
The unloading thing I like it, but it is another thing to get jammed or broken. Mine does not work that well anymore...
Thank you for sharing, I understand why you didn't required it anymore although it may be different if we can provides a more robust quick unloading system, and more simple also (without spring maybe...) see you soon....

Petetbay

Ok, I will check with mines maybe only the Flowermates caps fits the Ace.
I have 3 different ones that fit, the Focus Pro and 2 different Flowermate ones, none work any good. It was a while back I played with them and couldn’t remember much just that they were bad. So I ran them again and that was waste, don’t bother.:2c:

XMAXVAPORIZER

Manufacturer
I have 3 different ones that fit, the Focus Pro and 2 different Flowermate ones, none work any good. It was a while back I played with them and couldn’t remember much just that they were bad. So I ran them again and that was waste, don’t bother.:2c:
Yes, these old caps were too heavy and they stolen too much heat only to heat-up the caps, you are right!

XMAXVAPORIZER,
Reactions: Petetbay
Top Bottom