Woodworking

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey congratulations @iDRINKBLEACH ! Glad to hear you got the job.

Getting really close to pulling the trigger on one of these:

WorkBee CNC Wood Router Kit – Bulk-Man 3D

Not getting the full kit, because the 1.5kW motor adds a lot of cost to it and I don't think I quite need that yet! Getting the rest of the stuff (GRBL electronics bundle, drag chain, and router mount), but going to go with the Carbide Compact Router w/ a 1/8" and 1/4" collet set from RobotShop.

Carbide Compact Router – Carbide 3D

This saves me a few hundred off a complete kit with a 1.5kW spindle and should be more than I need. If I decide I need a bigger spindle later, this can be added :)

MegaMan2k

Too much awsome things posted in this thread omg,

Been getting a bit into wood-working lately myself, mostly for building small grow rooms/closets, drying racks for bubble and flowers, small tables to hold things in the rooms and storage boxes for gear and so on..

I feel its a good way to get started if you are a complete beginner, but still want to build something that will be useful even tho it turn out slightly ugly its most of the time 100% alright for grow-room purposes.

Started out with a circular saw and a miter-saw, next upgrade will be the tablesaw and a router :-)
Goal is to get to the level where i can make things with a nice finnish that will be worthy to put in my actual home :D

We need a thread for the vaping-woodworkers on FC to post their latest works, or will this thread be it?

JCat

Accessory Maker

Been getting a bit into wood-working lately myself, mostly for building small grow rooms/closets, drying racks for bubble and flowers, small tables to hold things in the rooms and storage boxes for gear and so on..

I feel its a good way to get started if you are a complete beginner, but still want to build something that will be useful even tho it turn out slightly ugly its most of the time 100% alright for grow-room purposes.

Started out with a circular saw and a miter-saw, next upgrade will be the tablesaw and a router :-)
Goal is to get to the level where i can make things with a nice finnish that will be worthy to put in my actual home :D

We need a thread for the vaping-woodworkers on FC to post their latest works, or will this thread be it?
That's how I started to. Bought some tools to finish the basement in my first house. 3 houses and 20 years later ... :lol:

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Hey congratulations @iDRINKBLEACH ! Glad to hear you got the job.

Getting really close to pulling the trigger on one of these:

WorkBee CNC Wood Router Kit – Bulk-Man 3D

Not getting the full kit, because the 1.5kW motor adds a lot of cost to it and I don't think I quite need that yet! Getting the rest of the stuff (GRBL electronics bundle, drag chain, and router mount), but going to go with the Carbide Compact Router w/ a 1/8" and 1/4" collet set from RobotShop.

Carbide Compact Router – Carbide 3D

This saves me a few hundred off a complete kit with a 1.5kW spindle and should be more than I need. If I decide I need a bigger spindle later, this can be added :)
Thank you! Woah that’s a pretty nice kit. I showed to the wife and were going to get one in a month or so after I check out my job. I don’t think their router there is made to do smaller details.

Sounds like you’re getting along with accumulating the right stuff. You will have to post some pics. It would be cool to have a designated thread for vaping and cannabis related items. Could share designs and router n laser cut designs. This spot would work. I don’t think it should just be limited to paraphernalia because some people see a fancy coaster for a cup I see something that looks sexy under my glass pipe haha.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Exactly its hard to draw the line what is paraphernalia and what is not, things can have many purposes.
therefore i dont think it should be limited to paraphernalia either...

heres the dry rack :D

Nice man. At my job I will be specializing in closets, cabinets, and tables. I’m thinking if I learn enough I can maybe build grow closets professionally haha

MegaMan2k

Nice man. At my job I will be specializing in closets, cabinets, and tables. I’m thinking if I learn enough I can maybe build grow closets professionally haha
Thanx, And hell yea, man i was already building grow-rooms with a manuel saw and hammer+drill before i even knew what i was doing, and i still dont know what im exactly doing but things has started looking alittle bit more straight around the cornors etc :D

I know we have to be super careful around many of these tools, but god how i love to get super baked, and i mean super fucking baked as in vaping/dabbing all day and then at night time i will go work on some small project... best feeling ever :D

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I know we have to be super careful around many of these tools, but god how i love to get super baked, and i mean super fucking baked as in vaping/dabbing all day and then at night time i will go work on some small project... best feeling ever :D
That is what I absolutely LOVE about building and flying big RC airplanes!
Melt my face in the shop, build something cool, get baked and go fly it.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Built an overarm dust collection hood for my table saw ... I have dust collection in the base but it's bothered me for the last 20 years the amount of dust that you can't capture flying off the top ... after looking at what's available out there to buy, decided to build my own (not just for cost reasons, but for functionality reasons)

Here's some pictures. Works great! Even made one side adjustable up/down (added today) so if cutting off small pieces or just shaving something down, I can now lower the one side right to the table while the other rids on top ... so really does a good job eliminating the dust!

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Loo
Built an overarm dust collection hood for my table saw ... I have dust collection in the base but it's bothered me for the last 20 years the amount of dust that you can't capture flying off the top ... after looking at what's available out there to buy, decided to build my own (not just for cost reasons, but for functionality reasons)

Here's some pictures. Works great! Even made one side adjustable up/down (added today) so if cutting off small pieces or just shaving something down, I can now lower the one side right to the table while the other rids on top ... so really does a good job eliminating the dust!

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png
Looks good man. I start my new job on Monday 😍

JCat

Accessory Maker
Here's something I put together from a couple scraps in the shop ... wanted to play around w/ FreeCAD to get the hang of it for my CNC router :)

A nicer box for chocolates for Valentine's day :) (although not a real big one so maybe I'll just fill this one with Candy and buy a separate box of chocolates :) )

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png

Image.png

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Hey friends I’ve been more distant from internet lately but thought I’d swing by and show you what I’ve been learning and trying to figure out. My first closet I cut out on a cnc and put together
I also got to mess around on my lathe this was my first stem attempt. Sadly I put the hole in after and it was crooked so I will turn it into a stir tool. The wpa I did the same mistake and blew it up. Third attempt I have no picture I put the hole in first and wore it thin and broke through before I could work it. The hole was not even.
I will be ordering a chuck as I have the drill chuck. I thought I ordered it all but I guess not and I wasn’t billed for it. Until then I will make a couple tools.3CE0C72D-C549-4BCD-9F0C-BCE6110A7590.jpeg86E6F24E-4FFB-4060-BD9D-50E53578F733.jpeg
Oh yeah the wpa has excess wood I figured I would try n put the hole through it before putting more work into it. I am still proud of them being my first attempt with no one to show me how.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Made this Impcognito body and mouthpiece, 80% knives and sandpaper, 20% dremel work.

Fucking love it. Was thinking of designing my own 510 vape, but who knows now with this ban
That’s a slick design I am no good with a dremel I can’t get my angles right
made some dab tools out of the main stalks from my plants after harvest :D

That’s bad ass I was close to being able to grow n my gov snatched it away ☹️

iDRINKBLEACH,

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Sorry to hear that man, where are you located if you dont mind me asking, if its not too far i could send you one of my STEM-TOOLS :D :D
I
Sorry to hear that man, where are you located if you dont mind me asking, if its not too far i could send you one of my STEM-TOOLS :D :D

Size comparison to a mystic timber dab tool ( furthest to the right )

I’m in South Dakota sadly. Yes sir I’d love a tool made by you. I will gladly send you of my tools I will be making this weekend. That actually got me thinking. This is a tight enough community we should really do a secret Santa kind of deal this year. Like $20 cap plus shipping users must be active for so long with so many post to join. I feel like the community here is good enough most all people would follow through with it.

Top Bottom