• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Winterizing Rosin?

Ambarrosin

Hi,

We all love dab Rosin, but, for making oil for medicine ( mixing cannabis oil with coconut oil or olive oil) I'm tinking to make canna capsules or "
cannabis oil dropper" using Rosin as a base.
But is better to winterizing Rosin or use staigth rosin?

Ambarrosin,
Reactions: shredder

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For edibles I would use straight decarboxylated rosin, you can winterize, but I think it's an unnecessary step unless you are looking to increase the potency.

psychonaut,

shredder

Hi,

We all love dab Rosin, but, for making oil for medicine ( mixing cannabis oil with coconut oil or olive oil) I'm tinking to make canna capsules or "
cannabis oil dropper" using Rosin as a base.
But is better to winterizing Rosin or use staigth rosin?

Rosin works great in cannacaps, no need to winterize. Although I do winterize used rosin pucks after running iso threw them.

Here's my current recipe for cannacaps.

Melt two grams of rosin and one half teaspoon of (sun flower powdered) lecithin, in one fluid ounce of coconut oil on gentle heat. I use a coffee warmer. Once i everything has melted and blended it will become clear. I make it in a glass measuring cup. Once it's mixed I put the cup in the oven at 265F for about 20-30 minutes to decarb.

I let it cool a bit after the oven, then fill size 00 gel caps with a pipette. You can get the caps, pipettes, and sun flower lecithin off amazon. I put some Saran wrap on a frozen bag of corn or peas or something similar to let the caps rest and solidify. Coconut oil solidifies around 75 degrees F. We store in the fridge/freezer.

This should make 30 caps -+2.

We also use 2 grams of rosin in one fluid ounce of organic hemp oil, and 1/2 tsp of sun flower lecithin, and stor this mix in a one ounce size eye dropper. One eye dropper would be a dose on food, drinks or under the tongue. On this we sometimes skip decarbing it and mix in a high cbd rosin, for slightly different medical effects.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Rosin works great in cannacaps, no need to winterize. Although I do winterize used rosin pucks after running iso threw them.

Here's my current recipe for cannacaps.

Melt two grams of rosin and one half teaspoon of (sun flower powdered) lecithin, in one fluid ounce of coconut oil on gentle heat. I use a coffee warmer. Once i everything has melted and blended it will become clear. I make it in a glass measuring cup. Once it's mixed I put the cup in the oven at 265F for about 20-30 minutes to decarb.

I let it cool a bit after the oven, then fill size 00 gel caps with a pipette. You can get the caps, pipettes, and sun flower lecithin off amazon. I put some Saran wrap on a frozen bag of corn or peas or something similar to let the caps rest and solidify. Coconut oil solidifies around 75 degrees F. We store in the fridge/freezer.

This should make 30 caps -+2.

We also use 2 grams of rosin in one fluid ounce of organic hemp oil, and 1/2 tsp of sun flower lecithin, and stor this mix in a one ounce size eye dropper. One eye dropper would be a dose on food, drinks or under the tongue. On this we sometimes skip decarbing it and mix in a high cbd rosin, for slightly different medical effects.
Don't you need to decarb it before you mix it with the oil?

JCat,

shredder

Don't you need to decarb it before you mix it with the oil?

If its not decarbed you will catch less of a buzz, but you have slightly different medical effects than decarbed oil. Less a buzz with high cbd as well, but the medical effects are still valuable. Having said that I have found my rosin sometimes is still slightly decarbed, so if I used all high thc rosin without decarbing, I'll still catch a buzz, but not as much as if I were to decarb it.

So to answer your question, you don't need to decarb, but how you finish it depends on what you want. Either way is fine.

Edit. I just wanted to throw this in here. If you don't decarb, you will retain more terpenes. I find these types of caps more energetic and uplifting. I've only used rosin in cannacaps about a year now, but what I've seen and tried has been very good.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I decarb straight rosin at 275F for between 5-10 minutes. I bet the oil mixture heated up for the 20-30 mins at 265F is doing a good bit of decarbing.

psychonaut,
Top Bottom