• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

When shopping for new devices, are you most interested in better flavor, or stronger effects?

When shopping for new devices, are you more interested in better flavor, or stronger effects?

• FLAVOR

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • EFFECTS

Votes: 35 49.3%

• Total voters

VisiblyVaped

When I left yesterday, FLAVOR was screaming ahead by ~40%, but we’re totally neck-in-neck now, with only a single vote currently separating the two categories.

Very interesting!

So what’s the inspiration for this thread? Well, one thing I observed from testing a bunch of different vaporizer designs is that the absolute best tasting AND the most potent, hardest hitting effects, probably wasn’t going to come from the exact same setup. This actually surprised me because I’m definitely one to seek out the best of both worlds, but I still find that in the end, where you end up amongst the various parameters tends to dictate whether the flavor or the effects are the most forward part of the experience.

As a more frequent vaper I also had to realize that those with a lower tolerance can much more easily hover around flavor town and still easily achieve the desired effects; whereas heavier enthusiasts often have to work a bit harder to get there, and it’s much easier for flavor to suffer to whatever degree up there. It’s interesting to see the heavy effects related votes, one inspiration for this thread was the “conduction vapes get me higher thread” sort of had a vibe going like “yeah, but so what?” - Suggesting a number of folks who much prefer the flavor component, or have less issues getting well toasted;

So I wanted to see if the flavor subgroup would show any other unique indications for their preferences. On the other hand, the popularity of conduction devices on a mainstream level tells a bit different story - it will be interesting to see as convection portables trickle down in technology, if they will become more of a mainstream leader, or if on demand conduction and hybrid vapes will see more growth due to lower working temperatures allowing simpler manufacturing.
Cliff notes for those as stoned as me -

different strokes for different folks, but the vote is close. And it’ll be cool to see how new vapes get us feeling, and how tasty they make the material

Vaporware

I voted flavor and the poll is 50/50 right now! I think both flavor and effects are important, but generally being the kind of low tolerance user @invertedisdead mentioned I struggle to get manageable effects more often than I struggle to get strong enough effects.

As long as it’s getting the job done I’d be unlikely to trade in something with good flavor for something with mediocre or bad flavor, but as a medical user ultimately I would have to choose effects if I could only have one. Fortunately we don’t have to choose one or the other so I can prioritize flavor, ergonomics, etc. and still get good effects.

If you had something with effects that might change my mind though, as long as it’s not flirting with combustion I could be persuaded… :sherlock:

Green Kiwi

I like thick vapor ,but not at the cost of flavor :). Imo there is golden middle between two for me and i am thankful that my DIYs can delivery thick clouds at low temps :). Imo if one overboils the terpenes and degrades other beneficial compounds ,it maims the experience. I get it that you get more fucked quickly with high temp hits, just like drinking vodka on EX,but i wanna get higher,not more fucked up.
IMO this why some feel like smoking is a better way to get fucked up than vaping, they degrade/destroy the stimulating compounds/potentiatiors and by taking them our of the picture, they miss the whole beauty of experience that vaping brings .
A perfect translation of my own thoughts 🥰 :clap::).couldn't say it better.

GoldenBud

it's hard for me to answer it, because today's top or almost top shelf weed has about 3-7 % of terpenes, and the terps will give you a better/stronger/deeper effects
usually a better taste vape will get you higher. I think. that also depends on the amount of dry herb you can put in the bowl, ofcourse, but..
needs to be explored, still

dman28

Vaping for the health of it.
I agree with GoldenBud and there is an increasing amount of cannabis research showing that terpenes (flavour) represent a relatively good marker for psychoactive effects.
Been consuming a long time and now that I have switched to vaping I can definitely say there is a correlation.

cliffhanger1

For me definitely the stronger effect is the most important thing.
Otherwise my medicine will not work as it should.
Because of that i am prefering for example the cheap Weecke for Tafee for example which has one of the best flavour.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I'm a flavor guy, but I think its important to note that as @invertedisdead alluded to a page ago, my tolerance is low enough that it doesn't take much to get me to where I want to be. For whatever its worth I'm still primarily after the effects. To make a concrete example plenty of folks willingly pitch their bowl at some temp where they think, "yeah, I know I could get more but it will taste like burnt popcorn and I'm not about that life." As I'm not in a rec legal state and sometimes I do a poor job of planning ahead and run out, I've gone from having a similar ethos to realizing that, nah, I don't care if it doesn't taste GREAT if it gets me where I want (so maybe don't even count my vote :lol:, just trying to give some perspective on my thoughts).

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I just voted for effects and it's level at 29 votes each. The tension is palpable!

Effects always and anyway, but in non- legal places of the world where product is at variable and often average quality...effects can get you over the line.

When product can be a single variety for months at a time, I want a variety of strong vape signatures rather than slight variation on the same flavour.

WelshBrok

I wasn’t sure which to pick really as I think I buy vapes more to fill a specific use case. Like I got a mighty+ recently because I wanted a session vape I could just hit almost hands free continuously while gaming, wasn’t so much a different effect from hitting the flowerpot, just that I didn’t have to keep reloading it and cleaning out the bowl while playing

ScyOne

I wasn’t sure which to pick really as I think I buy vapes more to fill a specific use case. Like I got a mighty+ recently because I wanted a session vape I could just hit almost hands free continuously while gaming, wasn’t so much a different effect from hitting the flowerpot, just that I didn’t have to keep reloading it and cleaning out the bowl while playing
That is what I like my Crafty+ for. Sooo goood, but battery is an issue. Was actually looking into the new mighty to see if it can keep up.

I am usually a stronger effect guy, but the dynavap has this metallic flavor that I love, especially at the higher temp ranges.

Weird right, who the hell likes a metallic flavor, but it's sooo goood.

terac.one

Manufacturer
Effects, of course, but..

When developing the terac.one, our goal was to make the most "efficient" convection device possible. So that the strength, density and volume of the resulting cloud of vapor would be comparable to the densest smoke from a bong. But at the same time, so that it would not tear your throat and lungs from the inside. We wanted to make the kind of convection vapor that could fuck the shit out of any heavy smoker with just one puff.

And at the same time, we wanted to leave ourselves the opportunity to enjoy the taste. That is, our device had to be convectional and as versatile as possible: the possibility of thick milky power and a version of mild magic flavor.

And we realized that with such demands we could not do without a powerful heatgun, which gives a lot of variability in temperatures and power of air flow. And we also realized that we could not do without the stainless steel for the steam path so that it would not cool down too fast (but also not too slow) or heat up. And to be able to use the device for effects as well as for enjoying the flavors.

And then we came up with link-vaping, and then TRC... and the puzzle came together ;)

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I agree with GoldenBud and there is an increasing amount of cannabis research showing that terpenes (flavour) represent a relatively good marker for psychoactive effects.
Been consuming a long time and now that I have switched to vaping I can definitely say there is a correlation.
Actually there is a guy called 69RON or smth like that ,google oilhuasca. He was doing a research and expirementation of the psychoactivity of essential oils like a decade ,ago. I have tried basil oil and elemicin and they really work,but the science is much deeper and very specific to each essential oil. For example there is instant tolerance build up and cross tolerance between varieties.but most of the compounds werent active by themselves but through specific enzymes. Thats why the name is Oilhuasca ,a reference to ayahuasca where the Main compound is not orally active on its own,but needs to inhibited.

Last edited:

Vaporware

...effects :rockon: thats why i do it :spliff::whip: flavour is the bonus :rockon::wave:

... what good is the flavour with no effect? seems pointless to me...

I doubt there are many who only care about flavor, but if we already get good effects and we’re looking at a new vaporizer I think it’s reasonable to prioritize flavor.

If good effects aren’t there that’s bad; if the effects are less intense and the flavor is better, that can work for a lot of people.

Vaporware,
Reactions: Grass Yes

SquirrelMaster

I'd say effects, but the flavour needs to be good. There's definitely a balance but at the same time some vapes deliver massive clouds and taste fantastic while doing it. The Glass Symphony (DIY), DigiTi and Elev8r are my top "heavy" flavour devices. I expect my Heady Atlas will be among those (while looking dope AF).

I'm new to rosin and that is where the best flavour is imo. I pressed some Super Lemon Haze on the weekend and my eyes squinted with how citrusy my first hit was. Yum!

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
My vote was for effects, but really it's a combination of both. I want the power available to finish a bowl in one to two hits in order to get the best flavor and strongest effects at the same time. That's why I do small bowls (though I only smoke 2x week so my tolerance stays low) and use only on demand vapes.

I'm new to rosin and that is where the best flavour is imo. I pressed some Super Lemon Haze on the weekend and my eyes squinted with how citrusy my first hit was. Yum!
Hey @SquirrelMaster I'm interested in concentrates though they're not available where I live. Rosin sound interesting though as it's an easy process you can do at home with a relatively inexpensive press. Being kinda thrifty my only worry is the efficiency. How much "high" (I mean in experience, not strict THC content) do you think is lost?

SquirrelMaster

My vote was for effects, but really it's a combination of both. I want the power available to finish a bowl in one to two hits in order to get the best flavor and strongest effects at the same time. That's why I do small bowls (though I only smoke 2x week so my tolerance stays low) and use only on demand vapes.

Hey @SquirrelMaster I'm interested in concentrates though they're not available where I live. Rosin sound interesting though as it's an easy process you can do at home with a relatively inexpensive press. Being kinda thrifty my only worry is the efficiency. How much "high" (I mean in experience, not strict THC content) do you think is lost?
That's a good question but I don't have enough experience comparing the two to answer.

Top Bottom