What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

HyDrOpOnIc1987

This style, good sized tank, easy flame adjustment, cheap.

Buy them from wherever you can get them at the best price. Check your local headshop, gas station, convenience store. Buy three of them and only use quality refined butane in them. :spliff:
Looking into the first torch at Vape North. Thanks! :) for the record, Dyna's are so frickin cool! Lol I'm blown away by how hard something so small can hit.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like Sneaky Pete (his reviews in particular), and I have purchased from him, especially when he had something unique like the half bowl ring for a VC. But his prices are often a little... high. I have purchased a version of this lighter at a local store for about $10, and here is the exact same one at Amazon for under $20 for a pair of them. Just sayin... https://www.amazon.com/LUBINSKI-Windproof-Cigarette-Topsense-Multicolor/dp/B07Q9QSKJV

It looks like elsewhere on that Amazon page there is a 4 pack of a similar torch from Eagle for under $14

Last edited:

HyDrOpOnIc1987

I like Sneaky Pete (his reviews in particular), and I have purchased from him, especially when he had something unique like the half bowl ring for a VC. But his prices are often a little... high. I have purchased a version of this lighter at a local store for about $10, and here is the exact same one at Amazon for under $20 for a pair of them. Just sayin... https://www.amazon.com/LUBINSKI-Windproof-Cigarette-Topsense-Multicolor/dp/B07Q9QSKJV
Ah yeah, definitely saw that lol unfortunately, those are the normal prices for things up here in Canada. Everything is always more expensive up here lol i appreciate the link, but I've been searching for a decent sized torch and theyre all about at the $20 mark unless they get shipped in from china, which takes months.

Was looking at grabbing a torch lighter from fasttech since i needed a couple things for my nic vaping, but i just cant stomach the wait time lol sucks cuz that lighter looked cool too.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have one of these and like it a lot...
513AcX3oP4L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I wonder if Scorch bought Zico...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
exploded whilst in a draw.
Had you been using iso before using the PB207? Most plastic tank lighters fail at the sight of iso.
an unnecessary extravagance.
Not much more to get an induction heater or if you must have butane, a Portasol Butane powered soldering iron that is the best single flame torch lighter I have owned or used (when you remove the soldering tip that is quickly swappable for a few tools)...not the most pocketable though. :lol:
I still have the following in my watch list...anyone get one and is it good?

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Had you been using iso before using the PB207? Most plastic tank lighters fail at the sight of iso.
Hi there LP.

It had literally been sitting in my draw for several weeks. Suddenly started hissing and then the hissing increased. All gas dumped in a few seconds. A tad scary as I threw the spitting hissing junk out my window.
I accept I was unlucky and that generally they are good lighters.
I have one of these arriving this morning....

But I admittedly prefer an ih (ducks for cover :D )

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I'm sorry, I will say it again, spending $40 on a torch lighter is... an unnecessary extravagance. :rolleyes:
Of course it is!

And you are of course entitled to your opinion but I'm confused as to what you think your comment is adding to the conversation.

Let me be frank. How I spend my money is my business. It is not relevant if you think it's an unecessary extravagance.

I've just bought one of these:

A wooden handle to replace.....my existing wooden handle!

A totally unnecessary extravagance but it gives me pleasure.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Unnecessary extravagance wasn't really what I meant. Of course everyone has their own set of values and circumstances. Some people want to drive a Porsche, some are fine with a Hyundai. I'm not questioning that. But that Porche buyer gets something significant by paying 5 times as much for their car whether it be the performance or the cache. None of the lighters sitting at my vape station cost me over $10 and most I have had for over 5 years and they all work great with my Vapcaps. Maybe not an Anvil, tho I'm not sure the PB207 is enough for that either.
Hey, anyone can use anything they like, but to suggest that one needs to spend $40 on a torch lighter is just wrong. Of course they can, they just don't need to.
Torches.jpg

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
So it didn't explode or it did or maybe it didn't or perhaps it did?

I'm going with it didn't explode.
Well some of the plastic that holds the spark generator had split under the sudden pressure release. So I define that as an explosion.

My point is it failed catastrophically. Is that good enough for you?
But tbf, I don't care what you go with.

Edit from wiki:
An explosion is a rapid expansion in volume associated with an extremely vigorous outward release of energy, usually with the generation of high temperatures and release of high-pressure gases.

Hey, anyone can use anything they like, but to suggest that one needs to spend $40 on a torch lighter is just wrong. Of course they can, they just don't need to.
Torches.jpg
Where did I 'suggest' one needs to buy this lighter or any lighter for that money. Please tell me?
I'm not sure why these comments are being made.
Someone recommended this lighter.
I reflect my experience, with the caveat that I reckon I was unlucky and in general thought the lighter to be good.
I'm then questioned on whether my experience was correct by @Planck . Or that I am spending extravagantly.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hi there LP.

It had literally been sitting in my draw for several weeks. Suddenly started hissing and then the hissing increased. All gas dumped in a few seconds. A tad scary as I threw the spitting hissing junk out my window.
I accept I was unlucky and that generally they are good lighters.
I have one of these arriving this morning....

But I admittedly prefer an ih (ducks for cover :D )
Seeing this Aomia lighter reminded me I think I purchased a 5 pack of the slim ones online....about 2 years ago but I never got them. :haw:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't remember the Chinese vendor I used a lot for very cheap prices on torch lighters. It wasn't lightersusa, it might have been fasttech or an ebay vendor, but whoever it was I had only about a 75% completion rate on my orders. At least 25% of them never arrived. I used PayPal for them so I recovered the cost on most of them that never showed, but that was when I started getting them from Amazon for reliability sake. They came a lot faster too...

Planck

believes in Dog
Well some of the plastic that holds the spark generator had split under the sudden pressure release. So I define that as an explosion.

My point is it failed catastrophically. Is that good enough for you?
No it isn't good enough. The lighter/fuel didn't explode and it didn't fail catastrophically either.
I don't doubt your lighter casing ruptured and the fuel vented. I appreciate you sharing your experience, I think it would be more credible without the extra drama and misinformation.

Perhaps english isn't your first language I dunno, but explosion and catastrophe have nothing to do with describing the failure you witnessed.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Not nice. Warning point issued.
@Planck
Nice.
Hope you feel superior now....
Pointless having a discussion with the likes of yourself as you already know it all.

You carry on making assumptions.

Last edited:
Chicken No Name,
Top Bottom