What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
image.png

I think that I've found the right instruction to repair my prince. But I didn't understood what I must do... My english is not that bad but I just can't get it, gas to burner hole ? gas bomb ? What I'm thinking is to set the adjustment level (-/+) to a minimum and blow the gas into the nozzle where the flame comes out ? Is it correct, guys ? :hmm: Does it even make sense ? :doh:

If I'm reading it correctly:

1. Turn the flame adjustment to the lowest it will go.

2. Grab your can of butane and press the nozzle against the jet(where the flame comes out) blast some butane down into the jet to clean it out.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
2. Grab your can of butane and press the nozzle against the jet(where the flame comes out) blast some butane down into the jet to clean it out.
That sounds like it would just be forcing the dust deeper into the jet, I would have thought putting the lighter on the max setting and blasting the jet from the lighters tank without igniting it (too flooded to ignite?) would help more. Worth a try?

Actually it ignites pretty well at the beginning (on max setting). But after 1 bowl it becomes annoying, it interrupts every single click until it stays stable. Dont know whats wrong with it.. But its a hassle to vape with my Vapcap now :bang: I even take away all the air in the tank by pushing the filler valve every time before I recharge

That sounds like it would just be forcing the dust deeper into the jet, I would have thought putting the lighter on the max setting and blasting the jet from the lighters tank without igniting it (too flooded to ignite?) would help more. Worth a try?
I was thinking about this method too. I think that I'll try it also.

Last edited:

Krazy

Nooo!

While objectively I understand that nobody cares anymore about my who/what/why from " back in the day" Im pushing my anonymity comfort zone as it is.

Krazy,
@b0vver basically you have to reset the closed position on the adjustment wheel. you can do this on pretty much any lighter
Finally I does it, and it did work! I was just a bit scary to disassemble but now I can do it with my eyes closed. Also did the same thing for my double flame lighter which didn't work and guess what? now it works! Thank you again. But what is the cause of that problem ? I just hope that I'll dont need to do it often till I adjust to the max of max.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

Finally I does it, and it did work! I was just a bit scary to disassemble but now I can do it with my eyes closed. Also did the same thing for my double flame lighter which didn't work and guess what? now it works! Thank you again. But what is the cause of that problem ? I just hope that I'll dont need to do it often till I adjust to the max of max.
glad it worked for you.
i think it may be caused by filling the lighter without closing the valve all the way ("the book" says purge and fully close the valve when refilling). not sure what else could cause it to lose calibration like that.

glad it worked for you.
i think it may be caused by filling the lighter without closing the valve all the way ("the book" says purge and fully close the valve when refilling). not sure what else could cause it to lose calibration like that.
Hm, I always purged before each refilling. But what do you mean by "close the valve" ? it may be a reason

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I love using one of these (think it was my grandfathers):
BernzOmatic Basic Use UL2317 Brass Pencil Flame Propane Torch Head
With one of these:
Coleman 333264 Propane Fuel Pressurized Cylinder, 16 Oz
Fuck expensive butane, 16oz canisters of propane last for months and are $5-10. The torch head is pretty much indestructible (I bet I could burn the whole house down around it and would still work fine). When I'm just hangin' on the sofa doing a few caps, I'll just leave it going really low, like a candle, and roll 'em up on-demand. It's quite easier heating the cap this way cuz the flame is totally stationary:
dIdTUUv.jpg

Lower the flame waaay down and slowly roll it towards the bottom of the cap and you can pretty much extract an entire cap in one huge hit...!

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
I’ve been playing with a zippo brand solid brass single torch for couple days. If it holds up it will definitely be my out and about torch. I’ve burned a few things from putting torches down while the torch is still burning off. Having the classic lid snuffer is a plus and no more lint in my torch is always good. Zippo also makes a double torch insert I’d like to play with as well.
985CAB61-4E91-42EF-99D2-0559EEDCCFDA.jpeg

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Zippo also makes a double torch insert I’d like to play with as well.
The "M" Starter Pack I bought on Black Friday in '17 came with a zippo double. I know (or think, anyway) that I'm in the minority here, but I love using it... perpendicular usually or parallel sometimes even, I like to mix things up from time to time! I've tried/bought a bunch of different ones over the last few years... expensive ones... 3 flame and single ones (never a quad)... and the only one that still works, after being used and abused and treated like shit for its entire life (when used, granted)? The Zippo. I def. recommend one.

edit for current pic:
7D8E2F15-E701-468D-A1C6-E2905D1FB5E8.jpeg

Appears to almost (always) be that time....🤪 (super lame, i know... apologies)

Last edited:

joner

I have bought/used more torches than I care to admit, big/small, cheap/expensive, singles, doubles, triples, but the ones I've had best luck with are.....Honest brand.

Particularly the triple jet "Promise". The triple works best for me as I live up North and it's usually cold and/or windy. It has excellent form (bout the size of a standard bic), has a nice big fuel window (see the whole tank), and is reliable as the day is long. I ordered it in 2018 looking back through my Amazon orders, and up until about 2 weeks ago, started first flick every time, and runs smooth and consistently. It stopped starting, so I gave it a good couple purges, blew thru the intake holes, and put my mouth right around the whole thing and blew thru the Jets. Purged some more, filled/purged and finished filling it up and it's right back to its trusty old self. I had another in my Amazon cart some fast before putting 5 mins into getting it right again. For ~$15 bucks it can't be beat. I use it for both my dynas and my Piro, love it! An EDC item always in my pocket.

An honourable mention to the "goldnconn" also by honest. A soldering type 45deg barrel neck single jet jobby that I used for a long time before the "promise". Just as reliable, just single jet didn't fit my use case the greatest, but I still have it in my lunch bucket ready to go in case something happens to my triple, or I forget it at home. About the same price, I have a hard time not recommending Honest.

Edit to add: the promise has a much larger fuel tank/capacity and fits in the pocket much better than the goldnconn!

Last edited:

blackstone

I picked one of these up in a discount store yesterday to try it out on a vapcap they were just €2 and they function smoothly and quite well.
A slightly smaller single jet than the common chunky, more squareish looking uni-brand ones, but it works and the smooth shapes and matte finishes are comfortable. The lock works well so if you like you can place the torch down while locked on. No stand but it stays up ok. The base is transparent so can see gas levels.
Only info I could find: CK Wholesale (UK) Item No. CK9601, It could be a multi brand or copy of a PROF 4" Jet Lighter.
CK9601.jpg

https://www.ckwholesale.co.uk/product/ck9601
Happy 4/20!!

Top Bottom