What's your favorite torch or lighter to use with the Vapcap?

xsteve420

I prefer single flames
I started with a dual and then tried a triple then when back to the dual then it died lol.

I like the angle eagle torch
aeagle.png

just got this one recently its okay but I keep going back to the angle eagle

^^^click for jobon site^^^

xsteve420

Thanks I just got a rebranded jobon zb-801 and so far its okay.

I had to pull out the plastic flame adjuster on the bottom to get my butane tip to fit it didnt like being filled with just the normal tip it needed one of the adapters from the cap. was looking at flints and saw the bulk packs but they looked kinda bad.

also have 2 aomai flint torches coming too.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,
Hello folks, I own the Prince PB207 but with time it started to take time to ignite properly. When I push the button, the flame comes out but stops immediately. I can still try for about 10 times before it stays stable, so annoying... When it started, I've just increased the flame strength, it helped but with time I climbed to maximum and it still happen even on max, impossible to get a stable flame on a minimal setting now. Did someone had the same problem with this lighter ? When I refill I let the air come out first, when I push on the bottom theres is only butane which comes out so I think that it isn't a problem.

Last edited:

Alexis

I am so inexperienced with different torches. But I just want to say, for a while now, I have been exclusively using a single flame.

I get the best consistency that way, vs the quad and triple torches I have tried.

Dynavap 3 in a row, and Cyclone style.

With single flame, I can repeatedly get a perfect libe drawn equal hit every time- smooth, tasty, but never underwhelming, as can happen with multi-flame torches and the cap heating so fast and clicking early.

But I usually aim my single flame about middle of the cap, cap slightly tilted upwards but pretty level. I rotate the cap fairly quickly, maintaining the same flame level (just at tip of inner blue flame, not full power though), heating spot, and trajectory.

It takes longer to click, vs a quad torch. Like 10 seconds vs 3.5.

But I never combust from feeling like I need to push it from getting underwhelming hits.

I rarely get underwhelming hits with this single flame technique. I never get scorchers either. 3 to 4 even, satisfying, potent tasty hits per full load each time.

Just wanted to share that, after years of STILL being a vapcapper lol!

Sorry if this is the wrong place and time. I want to try Dynavap's Double torch sometime.

Alexis

If I understood you correctly, by this method I can increase the flame. But the problem is that the flame interrupts every single click, will it help ?
When I saw this torch, I immediately felt it was a bit too big of a flame for me personally and how I have dialled in my technique consistently with the single flame torch I have have which has a considerably smaller flame output which can be adjusted to more than enough at the same time.

These are the sort of torches that will kill a load slightly faster I think and are for the more hardcore vap cappers who can tolerate the slightly higher temperatures and larger amounts of vapor per inhalation.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I am so inexperienced with different torches. But I just want to say, for a while now, I have been exclusively using a single flame.

I get the best consistency that way, vs the quad and triple torches I have tried.

Dynavap 3 in a row, and Cyclone style.

With single flame, I can repeatedly get a perfect libe drawn equal hit every time- smooth, tasty, but never underwhelming, as can happen with multi-flame torches and the cap heating so fast and clicking early.

But I usually aim my single flame about middle of the cap, cap slightly tilted upwards but pretty level. I rotate the cap fairly quickly, maintaining the same flame level (just at tip of inner blue flame, not full power though), heating spot, and trajectory.

It takes longer to click, vs a quad torch. Like 10 seconds vs 3.5.

But I never combust from feeling like I need to push it from getting underwhelming hits.

I rarely get underwhelming hits with this single flame technique. I never get scorchers either. 3 to 4 even, satisfying, potent tasty hits per full load each time.

Just wanted to share that, after years of STILL being a vapcapper lol!

Sorry if this is the wrong place and time. I want to try Dynavap's Double torch sometime.
I use induction heaters almost exclusively but if you're keen to try a non-single flame torch this Mantello Catador triple has been the most consistent of any of the handful of 2/3/4 flames I've tried. Nice button, nice build, and cheaper than when I got mine. Only knock is no fuel level window. I still reach for it if my heaters aren't handy and it splits the difference between the tedious ten second heatup of a single flame and the raggedy aggressive extraction of most quads and triples.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Hello folks, I own the Prince PB207 but with time it started to take time to ignite properly. When I push the button, the flame comes out but stops immediately. I can still try for about 10 times before it stays stable, so annoying... When it started, I've just increased the flame strength, it helped but with time I climbed to maximum and it still happen even on max, impossible to get a stable flame on a minimal setting now. Did someone had the same problem with this lighter ? When I refill I let the air come out first, when I push on the bottom theres is only butane which comes out so I think that it isn't a problem.

As LesPlenty pointed out, I might be worth giving the jet a good clean, it only takes a small particle to impact the performance.

Just make sure you Do not use any alcohol based cleaners, as it can very quickly degrade some of the lighter components with scary results.

I hate it when my lighters play up, good luck.

Alexis

I use induction heaters almost exclusively but if you're keen to try a non-single flame torch this Mantello Catador triple has been the most consistent of any of the handful of 2/3/4 flames I've tried. Nice button, nice build, and cheaper than when I got mine. Only knock is no fuel level window. I still reach for it if my heaters aren't handy and it splits the difference between the tedious ten second heatup of a single flame and the raggedy aggressive extraction of most quads and triples.

Hi. The no fuel window does not deter me. I use inhalers. A shake and our intuitiin can suffuce with familiarity.

Thanks for the information and link.

I bought an OG induction heater from pipes himself actually several years ago but I have never enjoyed using it because it required going at least 2 seconds past the click to get a worthwhile hit and just half a second too long at times would frequently lead to combustion and also I would find that the top of the load cooked much quicker and went dark brown or black before the lower section had been anywhere near fully extracted.

If the current induction heater models about which I know nothing in truth are capable of heating the entire cap equally I would be much more interested in them but with the model I have the jarhead to be precise only the very tip of the cap is heated but you can adjust the depth of the glass which does actually heat slightly higher up the tip but not enough for me personally to negates the issues which have stopped me taking to it.

Regardless I appreciate all of your information and wishing you the best mate.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Hi. The no fuel window does not deter me. I use inhalers. A shake and our intuitiin can suffuce with familiarity.

Thanks for the information and link.

I bought an OG induction heater from pipes himself actually several years ago but I have never enjoyed using it because it required going at least 2 seconds past the click to get a worthwhile hit and just half a second too long at times would frequently lead to combustion and also I would find that the top of the load cooked much quicker and went dark brown or black before the lower section had been anywhere near fully extracted.

If the current induction heater models about which I know nothing in truth are capable of heating the entire cap equally I would be much more interested in them but with the model I have the jarhead to be precise only the very tip of the cap is heated but you can adjust the depth of the glass which does actually heat slightly higher up the tip but not enough for me personally to negates the issues which have stopped me taking to it.

Regardless I appreciate all of your information and wishing you the best mate.
Yeah, my first induction heater was a Jarhead too and I had the same reservations about it. Turns out it shipped with a 5A power adapter when really it's supposed to draw 6A so I got a new adapter on Amazon and it's noticeably more viable without going past the click.

That said, it gets little use now that I have both a Flux Deluxe and a Flix. Both have a 15mm coil and insert (the most aggressive config and punchier than the 6A upgraded Jarhead which I think has a 16mm coil). They are both quite fast and particularly with the FD you must respect the click or you'll combust.

The Flix ships without a 12v 10A 2.5mm tipped power adapter. I'm only speculating but I think it's because those kinds of parts are too junky/unreliable for a one man shop to stock, replace, or warranty. I got this one for my Flix and it's been safe and reliable so far.

Fluxer Heaters sells a variable voltage power adapter now too. The portable FD is a hefty wait last I heard but the red Flix is in stock.

PXL_20200926_194703325~2.jpg

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have this as my single flame torch, it has never missed a beat. I would go as far to say it is one of the best single flame lighters you can buy,
1601177685656.png
It also happens to be a great adjustable power soldering iron as well!
Just leave the solder tools off for a very fine adjustable hands-free jet flame.

If you have been using less than top shelf butane the jets can become blocked over time as impurities slowly build up. I would try blasting the jets with a contact cleaner of some description. Not really sure of what else to try.
Only top shelf! Maybe the first charge was already precharged with not top shelf so there was some impurities, I dont remember...

As LesPlenty pointed out, I might be worth giving the jet a good clean, it only takes a small particle to impact the performance.

Just make sure you Do not use any alcohol based cleaners, as it can very quickly degrade some of the lighter components with scary results.

I hate it when my lighters play up, good luck.
Okay guys, thank you. I'll try to do something, but I need a really tiny screwdriver, oh...

Last edited:

GoldenBud

OF

thanks to @OF , really good ones : (lock mechanism works great too, DON'T LET ANY ALCOHOL TOUCH THE PLASTIC THO, 1 is gone)
Glad you like it, others must too as the price is WAY up. IIRC I paid about $3 for mine, glad I got spares although in several years hard use I've yet to kill one. That includes the one on the patio table, which is winter home to spiders when not being rained on......

Solid, easy to adjust flame, big tank and points at a natural angle making it very easy to use. IMO ideal for Vapman....which is finding a new home and will continue on in the market in case you haven't heard?

Which is why the church bells are ringing. Happy day!

OF

Alexis

thanks to @OF , really good ones : (lock mechanism works great too, DON'T LET ANY ALCOHOL TOUCH THE PLASTIC THO, 1 is gone)
I'm sure I bought that torch, recommended by the wise man @OF a long while back.

However, I did find the button to be stiff, requiring force to hold.

This is the one I have been using all year. It is no difficulty for me to use and hold ignited.

image.png

I think that I've found the right instruction to repair my prince. But I didn't understood what I must do... My english is not that bad but I just can't get it, gas to burner hole ? gas bomb ? What I'm thinking is to set the adjustment level (-/+) to a minimum and blow the gas into the nozzle where the flame comes out ? Is it correct, guys ? :hmm: Does it even makes sense ? :doh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom