• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What would be your Trinity of vapes?

kimura

miniVAP for regular daytime use

coil-driven full convection desktop (qaroma, b1, etc) for night time

Bowle for portable use. Not my favorite vape, but my favorite portable at the moment.

I’d also break the rules and pick up a butane powered vape as a backup. Everyone should have a vape that doesn’t run on electricity imo

Finessseee

miniVAP for regular daytime use

coil-driven full convection desktop (qaroma, b1, etc) for night time

Bowle for portable use. Not my favorite vape, but my favorite portable at the moment.

I’d also break the rules and pick up a butane powered vape as a backup. Everyone should have a vape that doesn’t run on electricity imo
I just ordered the Bowle to pair with my Solo II.. is the MiniVAP worth the extra costs over the Solo? Money isn’t an issue, but knowing I can buy 2/3 vapes for the price of the MV is the issue. That said I’m looking for portable end game to pair with my Bowle..

kimura

miniVAP is pretty dramatically different from the solo 2. It’s a convection vape that works very well. A better vaporizer IMO. That said, it’s not really all that portable. Paired with the battery, it’s big and heavy, and it’s a bit more fiddly than the solo. I use my mV as a plug-in around the house

Cannabiker

I should make a note to revisit this thread in a year and see where I'm at. I've gone back and forth on a number of vapes over the years.

Some I'll always keep and love, like my first, my old (15 years?) Silver Surfer. I still bust it out occasionally, and it never lets me down. Unfortunately it's the original design, which is not ball-friendly. And I'll always be fond of the Mighty, because before the Mighty I was vaping at home with the Silver Surfer, but still burning away from the house. The PAX and OG Firefly didn't cut it for me (though I still have those, too). I'm even more fond of the Mighty since S&B sent me an out-of-warranty replacement, so I've got a freshie.

But, to get on topic, the three I'd keep right this minute:

Underdog log--Perfect, tasty hits with the ability to cloud glass respectably.

Anvil--It's new, so this might be the novelty talking, but I've never hit anything like this. I kick-start sessions with a rip or two from the Anvil, then settle in with the Underdog.

Simrell MVS with IH--Mine's a wood-body MVS, so it doesn't have all the adjustability, but I really don't care. I like feathering the carb (yes, I said carb). That's my portable. We'll see what the Revolve can do, but it's going to be tough to beat the feel of the wood Simrell.

Finessseee

I should make a note to revisit this thread in a year and see where I'm at. I've gone back and forth on a number of vapes over the years.

Some I'll always keep and love, like my first, my old (15 years?) Silver Surfer. I still bust it out occasionally, and it never lets me down. Unfortunately it's the original design, which is not ball-friendly. And I'll always be fond of the Mighty, because before the Mighty I was vaping at home with the Silver Surfer, but still burning away from the house. The PAX and OG Firefly didn't cut it for me (though I still have those, too). I'm even more fond of the Mighty since S&B sent me an out-of-warranty replacement, so I've got a freshie.

But, to get on topic, the three I'd keep right this minute:

Underdog log--Perfect, tasty hits with the ability to cloud glass respectably.

Anvil--It's new, so this might be the novelty talking, but I've never hit anything like this. I kick-start sessions with a rip or two from the Anvil, then settle in with the Underdog.

Simrell MVS with IH--Mine's a wood-body MVS, so it doesn't have all the adjustability, but I really don't care. I like feathering the carb (yes, I said carb). That's my portable. We'll see what the Revolve can do, but it's going to be tough to beat the feel of the wood Simrell.
This is a dope list! Any vapes you’ve been longing for to add to the list in the future?

Finessseee,
Reactions: Vehmic

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Why TM over TP80 / FW7? Just wondering

More obtainable for one thing, but it's a different experience, I find the TM to be the most versatile, I really like the heater, using it with glass WPA and no cooling unit, and J hooks and various dry cooling units or even water... The full dial temp range is really effective, it is just simple, works well, more analog feeling natural? Just a good all around! I love the FW7 too, it is a perfect pair being more conduction, working similar in some ways, but it is using a ceramic oven chamber... if I had to have one I would stick with the TM though... I do also use my TP80 regularly, but mostly through water, it is wide open airflow with digital temp control, fancy features and such, but vapor quality wise I prefer the TM heater... and other features.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Finessseee , just personal preference. All 3 are admirable contenders & worthy of consideration as all have excellent reviews.

I'm all about convection only so the FW being conduction isn't for me. Part of the ritual is interacting with a vape that is aesthetically pleasing to me visually, when holding in hand & how I interface with it during use. I don't appreciate the TP80's wooden box. It's fugly to me.

The Vapman is also highly rated & the wood craftsmanship superb, but it's butane, so not for me.

I have 2 Splinter Zs. If anything ever happened to them, the TM would fill that void beautifully.

I think when you consider a vape, you have to know if you prefer convection, conduction or, so-called, hybrid OR all 3.

Kudos to @Vehmic for creating this topic. :cheers: This is an excellent thread to refer members to when they are requesting purchasing advice.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

You should change your flair Milaana Lana

Milaana will always have a special place in my heart, my beta of that almost means more to me than Zion in fact! That has been the, flair as you call it, under my name since that time back in 2016. I did it primarily to combine RBT with an Archer reference to match my avatar and username and so it will never change... I did add my current main rotation below it recently... However there is always some RBT in the rotation even if it is not my number one anymore, especially Milaana for the ritual experience, simplicity, form factor, and vapor quality... I actually have more Milaana than any other single vape (5 of them, or 6 if you count the beta with undone glass) so that is certainly one to collect even though there are others that meet that criteria of course! Like I have 3 Collyland Bandits, 3 Zion (another one gifted to a friend), 4 SplinterZ (and one regular Splinter) 4 Lamart (OG Tubo, Dual with Tetra, OG TetraP80, and drum barrel acrylic TP80) then there are 2 TM and 2 FW7 there will also be 2 CC Halo... Among many others!

Last edited:

4everpushingaboulder

Milaana will always have a special place in my heart, my beta of that almost means more to me than Zion in fact, that has been the, flair as you call it, under my name since that time back in 2016. I did it primarily to combine RBT with an Archer reference to match my avatar and username and so it will never change... I did add my current main rotation below it recently... However there is always some RBT in the rotation even if it is not my number one anymore, especially Milaana for the ritual experience, simplicity, form factor, and vapor quality... I actually have more Milaana than any other single vape (5 of them, or 6 if you count the beta with undone glass) so that is certainly one to collect even though there are others that meet that criteria of course! I have 3 collyland bandits, 3 Zion (another one gifted to a friend), 4 SplinterZ (and one regular Splinter) 4 Lamart (OG Tubo, Dual with Tetra, TetraP80 and drum barrel acrylic TP80) then there are 2 TM and 2 FW7 there will also be 2 CC Halo... Among some many others!
Poetic story but you just left RBT on the side of the road with your top 5 vapes if you had to sell all others. Lol. I get ya and just poking the bear.

Shit Snacks

Poetic story but you just left RBT on the side of the road with your top 5 vapes if you had to sell all others. Lol. I get ya and just poking the bear.

Haha yeah that is why I responded with the laugh react, you got me! I have five Milaana, but I guess when it comes down to it, I'd trade each one for these other vapes?? Dude seriously I felt bad when I got the TM and then the FW how much I liked them lol never thought I would be one of those who would value quick consistent more mindless ease of use maybe even more than the ritual!:rofl:

Last edited:

4everpushingaboulder

Haha yeah that is why I responded with the laugh react, you got me! I have five Milaana, but I guess when it comes down to it, I'd trade each one for these other vapes?? Dude seriously I felt bad when I got the TM and then the FW how much I liked them lol never thought I would be one of those who would value quick consistent more mindless ease of use maybe even more than the ritual!:rofl:
Yep. Exactly why one of my 3 would be a Splinter Z/ Cosmic X. Nothing like TCR and my Mi2 which was previously my fave is in the backseat.

coolbreeze

This thread made me bust out the Waldo--it's been a while--and may I just say, this is one hell of a vape. It's probably my easiest brick to use, just effortless technique, and clouds of tasty vapor. It's whip-based and the joint is probably its only flaw, as it's a not-great friction-fit thingy, but that aside, the heating path is perfectly designed. It's a joy to use.

Edit: Gonna plug in and turn on for the Electric Hot Rod Waldo test....

Last edited:

Cannabiker

This is a dope list! Any vapes you’ve been longing for to add to the list in the future?
I'm trying to keep the longing at bay, but it's hard to fight VAS. The Underdog/Anvil/Simrell lineup sure does meet all of my needs, but I'll admit to looking at some of the heavy-hitters. There may be an Old Head Hot Rod or a 7th Floor Elev8R in my future. That's why I'll be curious to check back on this thread in the future.

floribud

I've only used portables and if I had to narrow it down to three?
Splinter Z with a XL8R
Mighty

Not sure about that third one:
MVS with a Titanium tip and Ranger IH, or maybe Firewood 7, or maybe Firefly 2+ or even my Airvape Legacy (with the screen component). Probably the Firewood 7 for versatility with on-demand AND great flavor.

coolbreeze

There may be an Old Head Hot Rod or a 7th Floor Elev8R in my future.
Fwiw and ymmv, I like the HR for flexible, reliable daily use, and the torch-powered elev8r for big-flame fun and tasty terps. I really like the e-elev8r, but it's sorta janky in comparison and what it's made to do can mostly be done better by the HR, and what it does best can be done with the torch version, imo.

Otoh, the cost of the DC elev8r (and definitely go to Vgoodiez) is surely nicer than the cost of the HR + the elev8r!

TooHightooFly52

Oh man, I was actually just thinking about this the other day. I honestly have to say I would keep only my Vapman, Woodscents and Volcano.

The vapman, it's just such a fun vape to use and the added perk is it does not require electricity (excluding the station). The Woodscents because its the only log I have, it's very nice and I microdose more than I want to melt my face off. Volcano because well, it was my very first vape and I just love the effects I get from it.

Top Bottom