• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What was your first experience with vaping?

danjens

This is a cool thread!! I was a lifelong combuster then tried my fiends steam chalice! I was skeptical but open to anything promised to get me stoned.
First rip I fell in love.
“It tastes…….good! And I am……high!”

I don’t know if those get any love or use around here but they are super fun. It really showed me that cannabis consumption isn’t always about the destination. I ordered a vb1 and learned to enjoy the experience. Then vas hit, been “suffering” for years now…

Greenscreen

First time was new years eve and someone packed a bowl on their iolite and let me try it.

I remember thinking wow how cool like it tasted like it smelled.

Then a year or so later I went to Amsterdam for my 18th and straight away used a volcano vaporizer with a strain called Crimea blue

Again the taste was out of this world and was something I needed to explore further.

Also experienced the effects more the second time round!
It was amazing.

DrJynx86

When I started smoking brick weed with my bro, I started to experiment with the glass tube from droppers, something like a small pipe or one hitter made from glass, but one day I discovered that I could just heat the glass instead of lighting it the end, and it would give up vapors and a lot better flavor (for brick weed), and also would last a huge lot more than just a one hitter.

When I started to grow my own I got an Arizer SOLO, back then in 2012-13 it was one of the most recommended vapes, I'm on the third unit now and I still love it, but will definitely get a Dynavap or similar in the near future.

tattooed

Some time in the early 2000s, I'd guess 2001, I religiously stopped by the record store in my town to find new music and movies to watch. I always bought a High Times magazine while there. There was an article about vaporizing herb in an issue. There seemed to be a few commercial products but nothing I recall offhand that is still made today. But reading the claims they made about vaping being a superior way to consume over combustion made me want to try it. So soon I was gathering some glass odds and ends and using a torch to basically freebase some shitty herb by today's standards. While it was some caveman shit I was doing, it definitely did taste better and I liked the effects. It was just way too much hassle to do regularly and it looked super sus so I never showed any of my friends.

Fast forward to around the time the Pax came out and I tried my buddy's and it all came back to me that issue of high times was right, vaping would catch on. I didn't love the Pax but I did love its size and I went out the very next day and bought a Divinci IQ from a local shop. That was all she wrote, I never combusted again (well deliberately).

My_50p_worth

Quit cigs no issue somewhere around 2017. Wanted to fuck combustion for good but had always heard dry herb vapes were underpowered over expensive devices that weren’t worth the hassle. Was never a fan of electric vapes and the endless 18650 charge/swap dance, something that I thought DHV’s all were.

Finally decided ~ May 2021 to take a serious look at the market and discovered the Dynavap.

“Ah! A metal joint that uses a lighter.”

The rest is history, as they say.

The Dynavap is firmly in the past now, I’ve moved onto the Anvil and now the TA.

I will always be thankful to the dynavap for getting me off combustion, and sometimes hit my friends one for old time sake

Flow

Well… i discovered weed vaping with an SSV. I was searching for a powerfull AND reliable device… sort of 5 legged Sheep… but as i got it in my mail, i had plans… First : Burn off. Let it full power for half an hour. So i let it soak for half an hour… Then came back to my first vape ever, whip style… and gave it a good "Shisha" draw. HOLLY SHIT ! 10 min's after i was totally fried ! :D
I just noticed there that the bud smell was yet in my mouth ! So flavorfull !
And damn… i started giggling !
Ii was sold on vapes !
got some dyna's later on,
Made my own GonG butane vape with a banger a 19/19 and a J-hook and made some for my friends. and then came the ALP.
Still not fucking combustion "up to the balls" but tending to...

Robert-in-YEG

My first vape was a Yocan Vane. When I saw it in the headshop it looked cool, it was cheap, I disliked smoking, my neighbours were complaining about the ssmell, so I decided to try the Vane. It worked!

The Vane lead to the Solo II, which infected me with VAS and I started buying other vapes.

Different moods, different vapes, different days.............

Robert-in-YEG

yocan-vane-review-1280x720.jpg

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I think the first time I ever tried a vaporizer it was back in 2012 and it was a good friend of mines’ Delux Daddy (basically a Da Buddha/SSV) and we for sure we’re not using it properly because we hardly got high at all.

Flash forward to late 2015-ish when I found r/vaporents and bought a Dyna M in 2016, it’s been a very expensive journey since then :sherlock:

I’ve been lurking here on FC since 2018 or so, but never got involved with the community, or with collecting in general, until 2020.

Last edited:

Friend Man

I got a Solo to stop smoking spliffs and was happy to find it got me higher, was more economical, and the taste was just incomparably better. Got me off tobacco for good. That was 10 years ago and I've bought a Plenty and a Solo 2 since then. I love the stealth too, and i don't have to look for a flat that allows smoking. Truly a life changer for me

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
1998 I was in Manchester and in a sort of hippie market found a vaporiser. It was effectively an inverted jam jar encasing a soldering iron with a flat dish. This sat on a plastic base with a nob to control heat and a flexible hose.
I paid £50 I think, a fair chunk for me back then. Tbh I wasn't too impressed but that was mainly down to the awful black hash that was predominant in UK at that time.
I remember driving back to London at 2am with the vape sitting in the front seat for god knows why with a few pre rolled for the journey. I noticed a police car following me on the empty motorway for 2 junctions before they left. As I was driving a golf GTi from the Manchester direction they were probably checking if it was reported stolen. Close shave! Stupidity of youth.

Solo was my next foray and I've been bitten by vas ever since.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I always hated combustion. The smoke was so harsh and I would cough endlessly. It didn’t help that until medical cannabis hit the scene in CA the material I had was pretty weak, bottom of the barrel stuff.

A friend at a party had an MFLB. I didn’t think it was amazing but it introduced me to the idea of vaporizing instead of combusting. Doing a search online revealed a new product—the Pax. It had just come out and was promising to revolutionize marijuana consumption. I liked the simple interface and the device itself was easy to understand, just fill up the chamber, let it heat, and puff! I got one and a medical marijuana card (they were giving them out like candy in 2012) and went to town.

The Pax had all the issues we now know made it a subpar device—poor taste, harsh vapor, the mouthpiece didn’t stay well seated which meant the device would error out—but even that was already so much better than smoking that I stuck with it.

A little later I heard about another new vape coming out, the Arizer Solo. I managed to find a vape shop that stocked them and took it home, ordered two large pizzas meant to last a whole weekend, and immediately got so high that I finished both pizzas that evening. Despite the excruciatingly slow heat up times, the Solo was brilliant. Clean up was so simple, and the effects hit like an absolute freight train. That was my main device for years until I found the Dynavap, and then I became obsessed with butane vapes, which is where I’m at now.

I’ve always been thankful that there are so many options and ways to use marijuana without combusting, and I’ve also been thankful for the community here who have given me so much valuable info and camaraderie.

Okla68

Thinking back that far(difficult), in the mid 70's I purchased a Futuristic device for cannabis consumption. It consisted of a round base with an electrical cord and a knob to control the heat. In the center of the base was like a shallow bowl that held what looked like a piece of Mica covering a circular coil where the temp was controlled with the knob. You placed your crumbled bit of cannabis on it, then placed the clear Globe like(approx 6" dome on the base, crank the heat to desired temp, watch the coil glow and inhale the vapor collecting thru the provided Whip. It was a Commercial made device(china im sure), decorated base...dont remember the name. Picture a oversized Plastic Snowglobe that filled with vapor/smoke like a Volcano bag. Yes, it would Combust if turned too hot for too long.
Yea, it performed about as funky as it sounds, lol.
I purchased my 1st Real vape in 2018...an AIRVAPE X(still have and use one)!

Last edited:

DrömmenOmFrihet

Permanently shut down
I ordered a Puffco Peak and it failed straight out of the box, so I did some research and found the XQ2 during an Arizer sale. I pulled the plug and after setting it up I thought "I really hope this works" and it did. Aside from a broken heater cover it's been going strong. The DDave mod puts this in a whole other league.

Top Bottom