• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

What should my next glass purchase be?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
does anyone know of dhgate Clones of those Oregon glass blower Giant dimpled jhooks?
theyre 150 US. which is ok, but i dont want to risk sending them to Europe.

Haha no nothing quite like that, those are so expensive because it is tough for him to do all those spikes! I also think they are pretty overkill... By the way though the glass is super super thick so I wouldn't worry about it breaking shipping to Europe, if that was the concern, I know there are plenty of other concerns shipping internationally though!

Ralph

Hey guys,
I just ordered the large inline from gooroo with an 18mm female for the mighty with a delta 3D 14-18 mm V3 adapter. Did I make a mistake buying the 18 vs the 14mm? What are the pros and cons of both sizes? Don't want to have buyers remorse.

thanks,
Bill

Shit Snacks

Hey guys,
I just ordered the large inline from gooroo with an 18mm female for the mighty with a delta 3D 14-18 mm V3 adapter. Did I make a mistake buying the 18 vs the 14mm? What are the pros and cons of both sizes? Don't want to have buyers remorse.

thanks,
Bill

No if anything the 18 will be more versatile should you get more vapes and or adapters!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It is always easier to put a reducer in a joint if you want to make it smaller. Turning a 14mm joint into a 18mm is much more awkward, even tho you can do it. I nearly always go with an 18mm joint on my glass for that reason.
BTW, I LOVE my large inline. I actually really like both of my Goo Roo pieces.

Shit Snacks

It is always easier to put a reducer in a joint if you want to make it smaller. Turning a 14mm joint into a 18mm is much more awkward, even tho you can do it. I nearly always go with an 18mm joint on my glass for that reason.
BTW, I LOVE my large inline. I actually really like both of my Goo Roo pieces.

Yeah I am really loving my orange three-piece (posted in the cheap glass thread, I think most of us have abandoned this one lol) from GooRoo! Still tempted for another and the large inline among their others...

Also by the way it is super easy to go 18 to 14 or 14 to 18, now that I am using s shape drop down adapters with bubblers, really love the versatility, adjusted form factors, and how they keep the water cleaner :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Naaa, I didn't mean you. The guilty party knows who he is. :lol:

I don't intend to get too deep into it, mostly because I like my ability to microdose flower and be high enough, and I'm fairly certain dabbing much will bump my tolerance too much. But I do like being able to get a more powerful hit now and again for pain or sleep and dabbing offers that.

I just need to remember that @The Stray Fox dragged me over into that Mad Heater thread where I have committed (in my head) some more cash. I'm pretty certain I need a Revolve.

I think I need a Sugar Momma...

Last edited:

Green420

Hey yall. I just signed up after doing some googling on new glass pieces for my dynavap. I have been looking at the sneaky Pete vaporizers and I ordered a Mega Globe MK2 yesterday, but I'm interested if there's another bong that works with the 10-14-18mm dynavap glass adapter I ordered. It would be great if the female input on the bong was also 10-14-18mm. Something on the nicer side, 100 dollars or more, preferably something with really sturdy glass, would be preferable.

howie105

Hey yall. I just signed up after doing some googling on new glass pieces for my dynavap. I have been looking at the sneaky Pete vaporizers and I ordered a Mega Globe MK2 yesterday, but I'm interested if there's another bong that works with the 10-14-18mm dynavap glass adapter I ordered. It would be great if the female input on the bong was also 10-14-18mm. Something on the nicer side, 100 dollars or more, preferably something with really sturdy glass, would be preferable.
What are you looking for? A longer vapor path for cooling, water interaction for filtering, volume for bigger his or something else.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
If you already have a water option I’d get a nice j hook to try dry glass next, personally. If you’re set on spending $100+ many of us can make that very easy, but I’d personally go straight to an ogb hook of some variety that you dig.

https://oregonglassblower.com/14MM-...OOLING-SPIKES-16MM-11-14jhookstandcooling.htm is the shiny hook that I currently cover, but there’s an even taller one if you want to spend ~$20 more 😅.

After that there are allllllllll kinds of different percs to try (fritted disks, honey comb, in-line, shower head, et cet) in the water space. In general the conventional wisdom is that more diffusion (from more smaller holes) leads to more cooling, but less flavor, so bear that in mind if you go that route.

Green420

What are you looking for? A longer vapor path for cooling, water interaction for filtering, volume for bigger his or something else.
What I'm looking for vapor wise - flavor, filtration, relatively big hits, but not Volcano bag size hits, and most importantly, reduced harshness

Green420,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Green420 flavor and filtration are in tension with each other to some extent (more of one usually means less of another).

I don’t find I need a ton of filtration with vapor, especially relative to combustion. I think my spiked hook does a phenomenal job of delivering on reduced harshness, flavor, and hits as big as my lung capacity will allow for, though.

Again, though—lots and lots of water cooled options if you think that is more your speed. The mega globe looks like a variant between an in-line perc and a shower head, so I’d go for like a matrix perc or something a little more aggressive to see if you like it. N.b. For the quality of the glass, I also don’t think the mega globe or anything from sneaky Pete is worth the cost relative to dhgate offerings, but I guess it’s shipped locally and will almost certainly offer better service should the need arise.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Green420

howie105

What I'm looking for vapor wise - flavor, filtration, relatively big hits, but not Volcano bag size hits, and most importantly, reduced harshness
Flavor, less filtration often means more taste. If going with water, go with the minimal amount that makes you comfortable and step it up or down every so often to see if your preferences change.

Filtration, again a little goes a long ways (IMO) if you are considering water. If one's gear is clean, grind is right and screen and placement is good, there is little in the way of particulates to filter out.

Relatively big hits, there is a bit to unpack there, if you want to fill up a glass piece and inhale the cloud volume is king. If on the other hand you want long hits then cooling and filtration (given your listed preferences) may beat out volume.
Good Luck

Shit Snacks

For your situation I would go for a fab egg design, straight fab perhaps, if you skim backwards in this thread, and the cheap glass thread, you will find plenty of options to choose from

Green420

@Green420 flavor and filtration are in tension with each other to some extent (more of one usually means less of another).

I don’t find I need a ton of filtration with vapor, especially relative to combustion. I think my spiked hook does a phenomenal job of delivering on reduced harshness, flavor, and hits as big as my lung capacity will allow for, though.

Again, though—lots and lots of water cooled options if you think that is more your speed. The mega globe looks like a variant between an in-line perc and a shower head, so I’d go for like a matrix perc or something a little more aggressive to see if you like it. N.b. For the quality of the glass, I also don’t think the mega globe or anything from sneaky Pete is worth the cost relative to dhgate offerings, but I guess it’s shipped locally and will almost certainly offer better service should the need arise.
The hook has a few things I'm not so sure about - the apparent lack of water, being detachable from the base, looking a little on the thin and breakable side. Water is definitely something I just like, whether it's the sonic and visual aesthetically or because I can imagine the heavier particles getting caught in it.

There's a ton of stuff on that DH site but I can see the prices are relatively cheap. Thank you for pointing me there. And thank you to the rest of the people who responded in this thread.

Green420,

Shit Snacks

The hook has a few things I'm not so sure about - the apparent lack of water, being detachable from the base, looking a little on the thin and breakable side. Water is definitely something I just like, whether it's the sonic and visual aesthetically or because I can imagine the heavier particles getting caught in it.

There's a ton of stuff on that DH site but I can see the prices are relatively cheap. Thank you for pointing me there. And thank you to the rest of the people who responded in this thread.

Yeah the cheap glass thread is much more active with much more links to a variety of reliable sellers and tested pieces...

What's great about a dry hook, is the bend, particularly if it is a right angle bend, catches all those particles, so you don't need the water and you get better flavor retention when you want it...

Also I don't know which hook you are talking about, but if it is Oregon glass blower, extremely thick glass, thin glass is only sometimes from DHgate China Glass stuff, but there are really so many options you'll find plenty and what you need

eBay has a lot too, check Greek Glass and CaliBear for pricier China Glass, GooRoo for good prices on US glass too...

Top Bottom