ancient aliens yes GIF

alien-visit-wojak-meme-v0-fibmjnn3e1491.jpg

Knewt

Knewt,
  • Wow
Reactions: macbill

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

“It can’t destroy a hotel room, it can’t throw a TV off the fifth floor into the pool and get it right in the middle,” the guitarist shared. “When AI knows how to destroy a hotel room, I’ll pay attention to it.”

:rofl:

EarthworldTim

“It can’t destroy a hotel room, it can’t throw a TV off the fifth floor into the pool and get it right in the middle,” the guitarist shared. “When AI knows how to destroy a hotel room, I’ll pay attention to it.”

:rofl:
I can't imagine how anyone would view this guy's opinion on recent technology as anything other than a waste of time. I bet he'd love a custom "Joe Walsh is the center of the universe" bot.

EarthworldTim,

EarthworldTim

:rolleyes:
3qzg9h.jpg

Try taking a few steps back and look at the larger point...:hmm::sherlock:
Haha I will admit I dislike eagles music so he means nothing to me. But seriously, his take that AI can't be a destructive asshole like he's been previously means it's not concerning at all is just ridiculous to me. I agree that the AI scare is overblown but let's not just dismiss it for silly reasons.

One can be excellent at something and terrible at other things. I would argue that people who specialize in a singular field are more often lacking in other areas, e.g. self control and self awareness.

My reply was very sarcastic and I would liken it to an eye roll if someone mentioned this to me in person. Clearly I've struck a nerve, classic rock and its legends are a real touchy subject in this forum when it comes to criticism.

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Haha I will admit I dislike eagles music so he means nothing to me. But seriously, his take that AI can't be a destructive asshole like he's been previously means it's not concerning at all is just ridiculous to me. I agree that the AI scare is overblown but let's not just dismiss it for silly reasons.

One can be excellent at something and terrible at other things. I would argue that people who specialize in a singular field are more often lacking in other areas, e.g. self control and self awareness.

My reply was very sarcastic and I would liken it to an eye roll if someone mentioned this to me in person. Clearly I've struck a nerve, classic rock and its legends are a real touchy subject in this forum when it comes to criticism.
Ha... I'm no Eagles fan, but I do loves me some James Gang... but that has nothing to do with anything. His point, I believe, is that anything can make music, but what makes music ART? To me, it's what makes us human...: heart, feel, conviction, balls, love, pain, guilt, remorse etc etc etc... and anyone that possesses these uniquely human characteristics will be able to tell in a heart beat what's real and what isn't. AI don't care. It will never care. How does one truly connect emotionally with something that doesn't emote?

Last edited:

EarthworldTim

Ha... I'm no Eagles fan, but I do loves me some James Gang... but that has nothing to do with anything. His point, I believe, is that anything can make music, but what makes music ART? To me, it's what makes us human...: heart, feel, conviction, balls, love, pain, guilt, remorse etc etc etc... and anyone that possesses these uniquely human characteristics will be able to tell in heart beat what's real and what isn't. AI don't care. It will never care. How does one connect personally with something that doesn't emote?
You're right. My take is a very cynical one and he probably means it as a joke and potentially self deprecating as well. I took it as arrogance for the most part when I initially read it.

Edit
Just to add, part of my feeling about his take is that it's a lot bigger than just him or music that's threatened by AI. While I can see what he's saying and can agree with some of it I don't agree that it's not a real threat to certain industries in some areas right now. It's more complicated than just writing it off "for now" imo.

Last edited:
EarthworldTim,

florduh

Rep. Anna Eskamani, D-Orlando, pointed to part of the middle-school standards that would require instruction to include “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.”

I love it when the government forces teachers to tell kids slavery wasn't THAT bad. That's not weird and fucked up at all.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Top Bottom