• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Weed is not good for your heart, studies say

@C No Ego They are neuro inhibitor, if by protective u mean reduce interferences, maybe...
Well, then there is this: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/patent/US-6630507-B1

And this: "cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease and HIV dementia"

Last edited:

Shadooz

Well, then there is this: https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/patent/US-6630507-B1

And this: "cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease and HIV dementia"
"treating diseases caused by oxidative stress, such as neuronal hypoxia, by administering a prophylactic or therapeutically effective amount of a cannabinoid to a subject who has a disease caused by oxidative stress.

The cannabinoid may be a cannabinoid other than THC, HU-210, or other potent cannabinoid receptor agonists. The cannabinoid may also be other than HU-211 or any other NMDA receptor antagonist that has previously been reported. A potent cannabinoid receptor agonist is one that has an EC.sub.50 at the cannabinoid receptor of 50 nM or less, but in more particular embodiments 190 nM or 250 nM or less. In disclosed embodiments the cannabinoid is not psychoactive, and is not psychotoxic even at high doses. In some particularly disclosed embodiments, the cannabinoid is selected from the group"

We got here some contradiction, as THC is a cb1 agonist :

"the endocannabinoids by activating CB1 receptors in cardiomyocytes can trigger increased reactive oxygen species production, MAPK activation, and cell death. Consistent with our results in cardiomyocytes, a recent study has elegantly demonstrated a pivotal role of CB1 receptors in reactive oxygen species generation by macrophages.46

Collectively, these data suggest that CB1 activation in cardiomyocytes amplifies the reactive oxygen/nitrogen species-MAPK activation-cell death pathway in pathological conditions when the endocannabinoid synthetic or metabolic pathways are dysregulated by excessive inflammation and/or oxidative/nitrosative stress (e.g. in various forms of shock, cardiomyopathy/heart failure, and atherosclerosis), which contributes to the pathophysiology of these cardiovascular diseases (as also demonstrated presently in case of DOX-induced cardiomyopathy models). In these diseases, CB1 receptor antagonists with limited CNS penetration may offer a cardioprotective strategy. Our results also unravel the fundamentals of the CB1 signalling in human cardiomyocytes facilitating the better understanding of the beneficial effects of CB1 antagonists observed in preclinical cardiovascular disease models, as well as in clinical trials. The resistance of CB1 knockout mice against myocardial fibrosis in the chronic cardyomyopathy model may also have very important clinical implications and should be explored in the future studies. Furthermore these CB1-mediated signalling mechanisms may also be involved in cardiotoxicity of cannabis occasionally reported in some users"

Harrison Fire

On CNN today from the American Heart Association statement.

Right from the lowest crater of "journalism".
I was triggered after seeing this clickbait.
Went right to my pulse after reading this.
Hmm, up 20 bpm.
No chest pain, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
My heart doctor knows that I enjoy the cannabis and has no issue.
Yup. Was up 20 bpm from my normal resting rate.
Do Not let them Scare You.

Too much Caffeine!
Now that causes an irregularities in my hearbeat.
When will CNN cover that problem?
To bring up ratings.
Or they have a sponsor!

Shadooz

I'm curious what your training is in. Care to share
I'm not cardiologist nor neuroscientist.
I've done Mathematics studies, 2 years general ingeneering then statistical and financial.

I'm not the one who makes, and can make those studies.
they're still light... 10 years old, and mostly on mice, for the one i gave, anyway...
Too many shortcuts are still made

Last edited:
Shadooz,

C No Ego

"treating diseases caused by oxidative stress, such as neuronal hypoxia, by administering a prophylactic or therapeutically effective amount of a cannabinoid to a subject who has a disease caused by oxidative stress.

The cannabinoid may be a cannabinoid other than THC, HU-210, or other potent cannabinoid receptor agonists. The cannabinoid may also be other than HU-211 or any other NMDA receptor antagonist that has previously been reported. A potent cannabinoid receptor agonist is one that has an EC.sub.50 at the cannabinoid receptor of 50 nM or less, but in more particular embodiments 190 nM or 250 nM or less. In disclosed embodiments the cannabinoid is not psychoactive, and is not psychotoxic even at high doses. In some particularly disclosed embodiments, the cannabinoid is selected from the group"

We got here some contradiction, as THC is a cb1 agonist :

"the endocannabinoids by activating CB1 receptors in cardiomyocytes can trigger increased reactive oxygen species production, MAPK activation, and cell death. Consistent with our results in cardiomyocytes, a recent study has elegantly demonstrated a pivotal role of CB1 receptors in reactive oxygen species generation by macrophages.46

Collectively, these data suggest that CB1 activation in cardiomyocytes amplifies the reactive oxygen/nitrogen species-MAPK activation-cell death pathway in pathological conditions when the endocannabinoid synthetic or metabolic pathways are dysregulated by excessive inflammation and/or oxidative/nitrosative stress (e.g. in various forms of shock, cardiomyopathy/heart failure, and atherosclerosis), which contributes to the pathophysiology of these cardiovascular diseases (as also demonstrated presently in case of DOX-induced cardiomyopathy models). In these diseases, CB1 receptor antagonists with limited CNS penetration may offer a cardioprotective strategy. Our results also unravel the fundamentals of the CB1 signalling in human cardiomyocytes facilitating the better understanding of the beneficial effects of CB1 antagonists observed in preclinical cardiovascular disease models, as well as in clinical trials. The resistance of CB1 knockout mice against myocardial fibrosis in the chronic cardyomyopathy model may also have very important clinical implications and should be explored in the future studies. Furthermore these CB1-mediated signalling mechanisms may also be involved in cardiotoxicity of cannabis occasionally reported in some users"
with enough CB1 activation ( ionotropic) CB2 will follow suit ( mitochondrial / Auotophogy) ..... so activating cb1 creates free radicals ... cb2 handles that

C No Ego,

Shadooz

with enough CB1 activation ( ionotropic) CB2 will follow suit ( mitochondrial / Auotophogy) ..... so activating cb1 creates free radicals ... cb2 handles that
Cb1 and cb2 have not a regular ratio around the body.
Thc agonist, cbd/thcv antagonist, so it will vary between each cannabinoid cocktails
But the cytotoxic effect of cb1 by oxydation will be normaly handles without cb2 activation for high thc only strain, just by triggering sympathetic stimulation

Shadooz,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
But that is their actual reasoning. To simply laugh at that will not help you to understand.
I don’t see any...”reasoning”...at all
What an UNBEARABLE thread. Agenda-grinding at its worst...like being caught unawares in a Borat prank war

ClearBlueLou,

Shadooz

I don’t see any...”reasoning”...at all
What an UNBEARABLE thread. Agenda-grinding at its worst...like being caught unawares in a Borat prank war
You dig it from far, without the context :
In most countries, lacking a similar political agenda, cannabis is not legal, but medicine made from its active compounds is. There is a reason for this, and that is safety concerns.
If you can't bear, won't read it

I was experiencing some light sharp pain, near my left chest pectoral. Then it transformed to a pressure and moved to my middle left pectoral.
So I went to another cardiologist (in a reputable hospital) this morning.
"Pericarditis" he told me, just after listening to my chest with a stethoscope. :sherlock:
No correlation with my previous dizziness spells, btw.

Now, all the party went to my right ear and the right temple. Sharp pain and pulsatile tinnitus when lying down. :myday:

A funny phrase, that he dropped about cannabis: "It makes holes in the brain" :tinfoil:
And a classic one: "Stop consuming it" :spliff:

So be aware, ppl
:dog:

Last edited:

nickolas

You know what else is bad for your heart? Sugar. What do people typically crave when high? Sweets. The crazy thing is there's still MDs telling people to eat a low fat diet in order to prevent heart issues even though it has been over a decade now since the entire link between high fat diets and heart issues started to come into serious question. Right now the science of MJ and health in general still has a lot of room for development and I'd keep that in mind when reading research papers discussing the issue.

C No Ego

they are not even researching an actuial real life plant LOL ... Marijuana huh ?

Shadooz

they are not even researching an actuial real life plant LOL ... Marijuana huh ?

My link was just to point out that studies have been made to answer to
"It makes holes in the brain" :tinfoil:

But nothing like brain hole ( ACV =cerebrovascular accident ) was found and the only "correlation" was about the pre frontal atrophism.
But this one is known for addiction risk, so causality inversion may have been done.
They get to marijuana because of atrophism, the study can't say, (due to it's lack of historical patient data) if marijuana (still a use word due to mexican production that overflowed USA for years..) is the reason/aggravation of that atrophism...

Last edited:
Shadooz,

C No Ego

My link was just to point out that studies have been made to answer to

But nothing like brain hole ( ACV =cerebrovascular accident ) was found and the only "correlation" was about the pre frontal atrophism.
But this one is known for addiction risk, so causality inversion may have been done.
They get to marijuana because of atrophism, the study can't say, (due to it's lack of historical patient data) if marijuana (still a use word due to mexican production that overflowed USA for years..) is the reason/aggravation of that atrophism...
Mexican is Marihuana not marijuana . just saying ... the word marijuana means tactical assault

C No Ego,

RobbIt

Cannabis has been shown to help folks with Multiple Sclerosis pain and muscle spasms. It is specifically listed as a qualifying condition in the AZ medical marijuana card issuance regulations.
MS causes damage to the myelin sheath that covers the spine, disrupting neurological transmissions from brain to muscles. Neither cannabis nor any other drug repairs that damage.

Qualifying conditions: cancer, glaucoma, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, ALS, Crohn’s disease, Alzheimer’s, cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe and chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures (like epilespy), and severe and persistent spasms (like multiple sclerosis), PTSD.

-The allowable amount of marijuana for patients and caregivers is up to 2.5 ounces every two weeks.”

Last edited:

Shadooz

The allowable amount of marijuana for patients and caregivers is up to 2.5 ounces every two weeks.”
2.5 oz every 2 weeks ? I wasn't awared of that ... it's my year supply... and i'm a daily user...

But i'm not using it medicaly, i asked here what was the ammount prescribed medically but no one answered...

Shadooz,
Reactions: RobbIt

C No Ego

The bad faith of people here...
just draw that forum down... :doh:

marihuana is wild Mexican toabacco , nightshade/ solanaceae . cannabis is angiosperm / cannabaceae .. no relation at all in the two seperate plant species save for politicians making then similar

C No Ego,
Reactions: RobbIt

Shadooz

marihuana is wild Mexican toabacco , nightshade/ solanaceae . cannabis is angiosperm / cannabaceae .. no relation at all in the two seperate plant species save for politicians making then similar

"La cucaracha", a 1818 spanish song, talk about a "blunt", the other meaning of "cucaracha"..
With the lyrics :

La cucaracha, la cucaracha

Ya no puede caminar

Porque no tiene

porque le falta

Marihuana que fumar

and so marihuana means cannabis since at least 1818...

In slow to let u hear it and cause i'm exhausted...

Last edited:
Top Bottom