Weed is not good for your heart, studies say

I've also found a research article called "Marijuana use and coronary artery disease in young adults" (Published: January 29, 2020)

Conclusion

There is no association between marijuana use and the presence of coronary artery disease on coronary CT angiography in young to middle aged patients presenting with chest pain. Our results correlate with findings from the CARDIA study and other recent publications. Additional research is needed to evaluate potential long-term effects of cannabis with relation to coronary artery disease.

And this one:
"Chest pain in young people: Is cannabis a risk factor?" (Published: Jul-Sep, 2010)
But the guys that they took for this article, how to say.. I think they've had other factors back then. Especially the 2nd one.
A 23-year-old man spontaneously presented himself to our ED, suffering from acute chest pain after having inhaled cannabis 1 h before admission. He is a smoker (half a packet of cigarettes daily for 10 years), with a daily consumption of cannabis cigars (at least twice daily).
A 29-year-old man spontaneously presented himself to our ED 1.5 h after cannabis smoking with chest pain radiating to his left shoulder. He is a smoker (20 cigarettes a day for 10 years), using cannabis daily. He has a positive family history of hypercholesterolemia.

+A thread on reddit by a guy who had suffered an angina attack:
"Heart problems caused by weed, a word of warning [wall of text]"
I was hooked up to an ECG machine and had blood tests. After an hour and a half of waiting and intermittent chest pains a doctor came to see me and told me he believed that I had suffered an angina attack. The ECG showed some abnormalities which appeared to show an intermittent blockage in one of the right hand blood vessels in my heart, he had a strong suspicion that this attack was induced by weed raising my heart rate to unsafe levels which caused one of the blood vessels in my heart to spasm resulting in an angina attack. My heart rate remained above 120 for over 6 hours which is high even for being stoned.
And again, just suspicion, nothing concrete..

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Reactions: Shadooz

Shadooz

They both had thrombosis, which is not said (and is not) to be due to cannabis use.
Heart failure happen, even to profesional athlete.
Here, cannabis have shown those thrombosis by the cardiac emphasis. Misfortune still happen, and luckily cannabis have lead them to unclogging.

"the risk of MI onset was multiplied by 4.8-times above the baseline in the first hour after the use of marijuana.[3] However, the risk is less than the one observed with cocaine use (24 times), most likely due to more sympathetic stimulation."

-> sympathetic stimulation

Last edited:
Shadooz,
Reactions: Hawaiian

C No Ego

I've also found a research article called "Marijuana use and coronary artery disease in young adults" (Published: January 29, 2020)

And this one:
"Chest pain in young people: Is cannabis a risk factor?" (Published: Jul-Sep, 2010)
But the guys that they took for this article, how to say.. I think they've had other factors back then. Especially the 2nd one.

+A thread on reddit by a guy who had suffered an angina attack:
"Heart problems caused by weed, a word of warning [wall of text]"

And again, just suspicion, nothing concrete..
try and contact Dr David Allen ... he is retired heart surgeon who quit practice to further the cannabis cause ... maybe Green flower media has his contact details or you can find him on the standard internet places ...

C No Ego,

MyCollie

I was on Amlodepine for a long time. I experienced significant swelling in my legs.- it is notorious for that. My doctor discontinued it.

I lost a good amount of weight and cut back on sodium. I check my blood pressure regularly and it is significantly lower than it was when I was on the BP med. I’ve taken 20mgs of THC (oil capsules) a couple of hours before my chemotherapy infusions and when they check my BP there’s not much of a change at all. Best part of this is my legs don’t swell up and feel like they weight 20lbs each.

try and contact Dr David Allen ... he is retired heart surgeon who quit practice to further the cannabis cause ... maybe Green flower media has his contact details or you can find him on the standard internet places ...
Thank you for this video, I'll check it today!

Just to say, I have a friend who's father previously had a heart attack. Now he have a stent in one of the arteries and he is under a blood thinner meds. But he never stopped smoking weed, and yes, he smoke it. He even mix it with some rolling tobacco, because they never have enough to consume freely. Still no problem. I really hope that nothing bad happens to him.

I’ve taken 20mgs of THC (oil capsules) a couple of hours before my chemotherapy infusions and when they check my BP there’s not much of a change at all.
It think it's kinda individual. A lot of articles say that MJ lowers BP, but they also say that we need to find the right strain for our needs. Which is impossible when its still illegal in most countries.

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Reactions: C No Ego
I contacted Dr David Allen, and got his feedback:
Most cardiologist are ignorant of the cannabis science. It is hard for me to diagnose you from your text you may have a reaction from sativa strain and maybe indica would be better for you. There is no heart trouble with cannabis use however.

Switch to vaporizing and they will probably have enough to consume freely.
I had switched my homie to vaping without a problem, he was always against tobacco. And he is in love with his S&B Mighty.
On the other hand, his father is very hard to convert, he rejects all this new tech. There's just some people who prefer to stay with old habits, or just too lazy to learn new ones.

Last edited:
Hawaiian,
Reactions: Planck

Shadooz

so far the only way to describe the metabolism of cannabis is neuroprotective
Neuro-active not protective, for cannabinoid, and you'll have now to add terpene too
For the dr.allen, some of the cannabis interaction are still confused and inaccurate in this video, but 2018, he may have got clearer view now

Shadooz,

C No Ego

Neuro-active not protective, for cannabinoid, and you'll have now to add terpene too
For the dr.allen, some of the cannabis interaction are still confused and inaccurate in this video, but 2018, he may have got clearer view now
the " neuroactivty " is protective ... phyocannabinoids are mimicking the neuroprotective compounds ,- Endoannabinoids . phytocannabinoids do so non selectively ( Safely)

C No Ego,

C No Ego

@C No Ego They are neuro inhibitor, if by protective u mean reduce interferences, maybe...
by protective I mean - Lipid rafts , cellular back cross talk .. TRPV1 ( localization) ... cb1 receptors being activated so as to lead into cb2 activation ( autophogy )

C No Ego,

Shadooz

Lipid rafts and cb2 activation are about apoptosis triggering (most interesting) and other cells behaviour, nothing protective. Cb2 doesn't need cb1 activation by the way.

Trpv1 mostly inflamatory reaction which get inhibite by cannabinoid, not protective, but analgesique effect of cannabinoid

Cb1 mostly present in the central nervous system (and so brain) deal mostly with neuromodulator, psychoactive effect. And other cells behaviour too

Last edited:
Shadooz,
The hospital just told me, that my visit is reported to late march.. I'm tired of waiting. So I've just vaped a little dosage of leafs(C99) at 356F in my Fury Edge, and I've got a feeling of overexcitement, with some sort of short of breath. My ol' friend "Anxiety", I'd tell. But no racing heart nor palpitations. And it starts to calm down within 15-20 minutes. I definitely needed to choose my Vapcap instead of Fury, to be able to put a reeally tiny amount.
I think that I must probably test a THC 1:2 CBD strain. That lovely grower girl named "Nebula Haze", adviced me the "Critical + Auto CBD" by Dinafem.
Next test in a couple of hours. Same leafs(C99), but less, and thru Vapcap.

Last edited:

Shadooz

sympathetic stimulation are only due to thc.

Do u want to grow dinafem seed ? Cause they've just get closed by authorities last months.. and auto are for north outdoor climate.
I grow but can't put a lot of strain so i tend to only grow high thc, if i want lighter effect, i just go low temp and sip 0.1g in 3/4 times. Vapcap can't really stay low temp, but can do microdosing, but i never succeed to get something satisfying with 0.03g one hit...

i will put a 1:1 strain on my next run to test... hard to find a potent strain 15%/15% :cry:

Shadooz,
Do u want to grow dinafem seed ? Cause they've just get closed by authorities last months..
Yeah, I've seen what happened to them. Its rude.. But there are other resellers of their strains.
I grow but can't put a lot of strain so i tend to only grow high thc, if i want lighter effect, i just go low temp and sip 0.1g in 3/4 times.
Oh man, if I take even 1 puff from 0.1g, I will end in a bad situation :tinfoil: I need to test some indica landraces, like Afghani or Hindu Kush. Back in the days, I bought a fatty nug which smelled like pine/musky. The high I got from that strain was sooo relaxing. But what you get here from dealers, is strains like Amnesia and G13 in 90% of the time.
Vapcap can't really stay low temp, but can do microdosing, but i never succeed to get something satisfying with 0.03g one hit...
Just a tolerance question, I think. I prefer to vape in 2-3 puffs generally. I just like the process of vaping so I can't stop at 1 hit, not enough! That's why I would try a high CBD strain. To be able do a good vape session without overdosing on THC.

Last edited:
Hawaiian,

Shadooz

Oh man, if I vape even 1 puff from 0.1g, I will end in a bad situation :tinfoil: I need to test some indica landraces, like Afghani or Hindu Kush. Back in the days, I bought a fatty nug which smelled like pine/musky.
So u just have to stay with medium thc strain.
They're mostly hybrid nowadays. i got mostly kush, they all head kick you, maybe less than sativa.
Indica got less sweet aroma, with a 1:1 you can definitly focus on the terps u want more than the effect, which will be light anyway.
And for that, sativa still got the freshest taste (citrus)

@cvs8floz have post some 1:1 seeds bank that seems not bad https://www.eliteseeds.com/tienda/fr/graines-feminisees-avec-cbd/24-la-rica-classique-cbd.html
And if you grow indoor, try to avoid auto if u want to synchronize and control the yields

Shadooz,
So u just have to stay with medium thc strain.
They're mostly hybrid nowadays. i got mostly kush, they all head kick you, maybe less than sativa.
Indica got less sweet aroma, with a 1:1 you can definitly focus on the terps u want more than the effect, which will be light anyway.
And for that, sativa still got the freshest taste (citrus)

@cvs8floz have post some 1:1 seeds bank that seems not bad https://www.eliteseeds.com/tienda/fr/graines-feminisees-avec-cbd/24-la-rica-classique-cbd.html
And if you grow indoor, try to avoid auto if u want to synchronize and control the yields
I'm interested in auto's just for the lower % of THC and high CBD. But I've seen that indica landraces had a naturally lower THC content than hybrids. So it might also work. It would be nice to put 2 of different strains, one 1:2 and another just a classic indica landrace. A harmonious combo.

Hawaiian,

Shadooz

I'm interested in auto's just for the lower % of THC and high CBD.
Auto are just ruderalis (from russia) crossing, which lower thc and cbd. But breeders do backcrossing to get cannabinoid up again. So auto doesn't mean low thc and high cbd

one 1:2 and another just a classic indica landrace
Good luck to find a pure indica landrace...
In the link above, elite seeds have their original strain (no cbd crossed) with +20% thc, so u can grow the uncut and the cut

My harmonious combo would be 1 1:1 for 3 thc, places under my light are expensive :lol: the 1:1 must be delicious

Auto are just ruderalis (from russia) crossing, which lower thc and cbd. But breeders do backcrossing to get cannabinoid up again. So auto doesn't mean low thc and high cbd
I've had the "Blue Mystic Auto" from Nirvana. And even this strain could make me anxious... I just dont know what happened to my body with time. There was just a moment, when suddenly, any strain started to affect me differently, with various negative effects like anxiety/panic attacks. Very strange.. that's why I started to microdosing with time. But even microdoses could bring my anxiety back. :whoa: Most likely in the morning/noon.

Good luck to find a pure indica landrace...
I've seen those from Sensi Seeds, strains like "Afghani #1" and "Hindu Kush". Even if its 80-90% indica, its ok.
I've just remembered one of the good strains, that I've vaped in the past, it was "Warlock" (Afghani x Skunk #1).
I noticed that all those strains that relaxed me, contained Afghani and were indica dominant. So its maybe the key. :science:

Last edited:

Shadooz

I've had the "Blue Mystic Auto" from Nirvana. And even this strain could make me anxious... I just dont know what happened to my body with time. There was just a moment, when suddenly, any strain started to affect me differently, with various negative effects like anxiety/panic attacks.

+15% with no cbd,
thc -> cb1 receptor -> neuromodulator change + sympathetic stimulation, and each increase the other one gradually, which can result into panic attack

Shadooz,
+15% with no cbd,
thc -> cb1 receptor -> neuromodulator change + sympathetic stimulation, and each increase the other one gradually, which can result into panic attack
Ah, didn't see that they've changed CBD ratio in the description. It was "high CBD" before, in 2015. It makes sense now..

Last edited:
Hawaiian,

CurryLeafTreehugger

Thank you for this video, I'll check it today!

Just to say, I have a friend who's father previously had a heart attack. Now he have a stent in one of the arteries and he is under a blood thinner meds. But he never stopped smoking weed, and yes, he smoke it. He even mix it with some rolling tobacco, because they never have enough to consume freely. Still no problem. I really hope that nothing bad happens to him.

It think it's kinda individual. A lot of articles say that MJ lowers BP, but they also say that we need to find the right strain for our needs. Which is impossible when its still illegal in most countries.
Have your friend get his dad a log vape. They are VERY conservative of herb. And he won't have to mix it with tobacco!

Top Bottom