Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

SuperTorch

Do we have a picture of the VCB only, I can see it there if its that bowl but I'd like to see it alone and what it looks like. Thanks for all the info you've gathered.

SuperTorch,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sorry don't have access to a digicamera right now so here is a pic from the VRIP website. As you can see it is two pieces, the only difference is that the top piece is shorter to accommodate the VHW. The VCB that is shown is made for the heat gun. If you buy the VHW with the short intake, I'm sure he would be willing to wheel and deal a little...doesn't hurt to ask, I did...

vcb_l.jpg

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
In an earlier post, Marcuss questioned why the VRIP wand wasn?t made to fit GG style with the VCB bowl, where you can just slide it in and it makes a perfect seal. I mentioned this to Mark at VRIPtech and he wanted to see what other?s opinions were like on this topic. I guess the closest example would be the two different wands/heater cover set ups that you can get with the SSV. I prefer the GG wand, makes it a little simpler to use but lacks the ability to aim your heat stream and slight less vapor to air ratio. If the VHW had a GG tip that could be inserted in the female GG joint, would that be more enticing to you? Or do you like that you can just hold it to the intake and a GG joint is overkill? GG = easier to use, current set up = one less joint that could break in the future. Thoughts?

stonemonkey55,

anslinger

If I were to buy one of these (and I don't have plans to, although I think it would be an awesome piece of equipment) my vote would be for the current, non-GG model.

anslinger,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
honestly, i like the non-gg better
i think it recreates taking real bong hits better than like the herbo, where you just inhale :2c:
except its better than taking real bong hits, because its vapor

the vhw will probably get my buisiness as a direct draw vape, because i would have wanted to run it through a bong anyway even if i had gotten an ssv, id rather nor have all the extra tubing and stuff to worry about and keep it simple with the vapor directly from the bong

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
With something that size I think you'd be asking for trouble with a gg connection. Some people would trust it too much.

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
:) i just se that i don't like to deal with that hot wand everytime!
I'm lazy and i do prefer a confortable way to vaporize and let the heater on the bowl for the whole session :cool:

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
marcuss said:
:) i just se that i don't like to deal with that hot wand everytime!
I'm lazy and i do prefer a confortable way to vaporize and let the heater on the bowl for the whole session :cool:
Then you already have it made with the Herbo, no?

max,

marcuss

above the clouds
Yes max....you right and i made the right choice for me!
This is one of many reasons i will not compare this two hi-quality vapes....i like to keep this forum clean from any wrong conclusion like you!
Asking these questions to stonemonkey it is clear to all they are quite different so no confusion anymore!

marcuss,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Not trying to stir the pot here but saying that they are no links between the two can be confusing as well. Conceptually I would say they are very similar, aesthetically, they are different. I mean, would you say the SSV with standard heater cover and SSV with GonG to be completely different? Basic concept is heat comes from glass encapsulated heating element that is put over a bowl that has herb sitting in the bottom and vapor is produced in a water pipe structure. I mean, if you were to describe the Extreme to someone, you would describe another bag vape like a Volcano to give them some idea of what you are talking about, while the Herbo might not be a direct comparison, I still think it's the closest comparison you can make in our vapor world.

CD, while it is not a GonG joint, I do not think it takes away from the vaping experience. I guess it is much like the SSV where some people prefer the standard wand versus the GonG. Myself, I would prefer that it was GonG but you can't always have everything that you want. I hope some other people order a few of these discounted wands so that they can share their experiences with you as opposed to just my viewpoint.

TGIF everyone!

stonemonkey55,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
For me to use this the bowl would have to be available as gong for sure - not that part that interfaces with the wand, but the bowl's connection to the downstem.

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The downstem being GonG is something I think he can definitely offer. I will let him know to see if that is a more viable option. Currently the downstem is a standard downstem.

stonemonkey55,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
A choice is always nice, I'd still go for the current iteration assuming it's air tight and works as well as the standard SSV interface. Hope to test it out soon.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
If you give a close look to the Herbo's heater you will see that it is not encapsulated and the stainless steel element is inside the air path.
If this BIG difference is not so big for you why Sebastien didn't change his steel element for the ceramic one?

Stonemonkey i just want to explain what i see and if i never tested the VRIP i do simply see that you can't compare a steel element to anything else(i don't say it is better or not, just different like two different engines for cars)... :2c:
If you really want to compare something to the VRIP try to check this link.....

http://www.rollies.com/Pipes/Vaporizers/HotGlassHandHeldVaporizer.html

yes this is pretty the same.....and the hot glass vape is older!

marcuss,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Good find Marcuss! Indeed this is the heat wand that inspired the VRIP heat wand!

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
Ah, the Hot Glass! I'd forgotten all about that one. A truly ancient vaporizer. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Hot Glass review ripped from the dusty pages of vaporinfo.com:

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006
I received my Hot Glass today. This one takes a little getting used to. I knew ahead of time it has a long warm-up time so that was no big deal. So I gave it like 25 mins to get good and hot then I put a small amount into the huge bowl and started to inhale. Not much vapor right away. After a couple of trial sessions I decided to really fill it up. I put around 3/4 of a gram in and had better results. When I hit my Silver Surfer it works best if I take a slow kind of a steady draw. I found with the Hot Glass I had to kind of milk up a bong full with about 3 strong draws. I think this may have something to do with the 18.8mm gong adapter I am using to fit my Merlin 5.0. There seems to be very little drag. That's probably why I had to add so much product. The bowl that comes with it has a much smaller diameter 9mm. Which by the way fits nicely into a 14.4mm gong seal. The o-ring around the 9mm stem fits right up to the 14.4 mm seal.True to advertised the taste is amazing! The flavor just seems a little sweeter and more intense. It's just a little more work to get it. With the Silver Surfer you have to be careful. I tell everyone to count to 5 while you hit it. If you go longer thanthat it just sneaks up on you and you look like this guy Then after coughing your brains out you look like this guy
So in closing I would say if you want huge hits to knock you on your ass go with the SSV. If you want the purest cleanest flavor go with the H.G

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006
Anyway, my original unit burned out in like 2 weeks and obviously was defective all along. It took some time but after sending the unit back I received the replacement today. There was definitely something wrong with the other one because this one hits awesome. The bowl is a completely different design too. The heater goes down into the bowl further so you don't have to hold it. We will see hopefully this one lasts.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Max, I'm about to call you Sherlock holmes for finding that review. Very interestig read indeed. I'm typing this n my iPhone one night before the lesnar-couture fight, so I'll keep this somewhat brief.One advancement that I am very happy to see is that the warm up text has been significantly reduced. Same warm up time as the ssv. Can't wait til he ships out the rest of his vhws to read more reviews

stonemonkey55,

max

Out to lunch
Well, I could say I knew the review was there, which I did, since I've read every post on that forum. But relocating it was much easier with a google search for 'hot glass vaporizer'. ;)

A final comment from the reviewer/owner:
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006
I owned a hot glass for a little while. Very fragile. I dropped mine and it broke into a million pieces. It worked pretty well. They are cool if you already own a nice bong and just bring it out once in a while but I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use if your clumsy. Also contact information is unavailable. I wanted to try and get replacement parts for mine and couldn't get a reply.

max,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I continue to hover around this thread like a child infront of a candy store. I want one so bad (VRIP WAND), but the cost to get everythinfg else I'll need to use it is just too much. On my list but I'll have to pay 33% more, for times are just too tough these days. I jope to hear some more good things about the VRIP beauty. This other one is nice, but I'd still have to go with the VRIP. I know this is a bit out of place in this thread, but then again so am I. :ko:

DD

DigitalDavinci,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
dd, I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling the impact of the financial crisis as well. Email mark at vriptech and see if he'll hold one for you. Hey are small enough to handle individual requests. I know he has a soft spot for hose hat are proactive in the vapor community so it doesn't hurt to ask

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Some feedback from Mark at VRIPtech regarding the GonG topic

My first design for the VCB Vaporization Chamber Bowl was glass on glass
back in the day when Martin RooR was the only guy in the business even using
glass on glass. I developed the product with the help of a scientific
glassware company and it looked great and worked great until you needed to
pack another bowl. Because there is no thermal break (i.e. A silicone
o-ring) the lower bowl and upper intake evenly absorbed heat from the
convective air stream and became so hot all over that you couldn't take the
pieces apart to pack another bowl until it cooled down a few minutes later.

With the design we currently employ using a medical grade silicon o-ring
(not in the path of the air flow) serving dual purpose as the soft friction
that holds the pieces together and a thermal barrier you can always grab the
VCB around the lower section of the upper intake and the lower stem to
disassemble right after taking all but the longest of
extraction/inhalations. And even then it's a lot shorter wait to
disassemble without cooking the fingers than it would be with a ground joint
glass on glass connection.

Apply the same lesson learned with the glass on glass VCB to the VCB to VHW
connection combined with my personal preference for the ritual of putting
the heat source to the bowl while pulling and it should be clear why we
didn't go glass on glass. I do usually skip the use of the carb handle and
just use my index finger of the hand holding the water tool to push the VCB
up just enough to carb and clear without taking the wand out of the intake
for maintaining the melt, but don't need the wand and the bowl connected to
do this...the connection would be clumsy at best in this circumstance.

I'll be the first to admit though that Glass on glass connections between
the heat source and the extraction chamber look very cool and the herbo is a
great example of functional art...the problem is practicality. Now on the
water tool to down stem connection I'm all about the glass on glass
connection and have been using them since Martin RooR turned me on to the
concept back in '99. We've often been asked why our VCBs don't fit to the
water tool glass on glass (like GotVape offers) and the answer is simple:
it's not practical for easy and functional clearing of the tube which I
consider not just an essential part of the ritual, but obligatory etiquette.

VripTech has always been about practical, utilitarian approach to the best
vapor...not the easiest, cheapest, smallest, or most portable....just the
best vapor. Now with the wand we have gotten a little bit easier, a little
bit cheaper, a little bit more portable while going ALL GLASS and benefiting
greater spin of the convective flow for accelerated rate of extraction (of
paramount importance for vaporizing herbs where the aromatics and the
actives release across a broad temperature range).

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, so there has been a slight modification to the VHW. They are now adding a silicon sleeve on the outside which will serve a couple of purposes:

You will get burned less by mistakenly grabbing the wrong side (maybe you shouldn't be vaping if you grab the wrong end LOL, but I've seen it happen)

Some additional protection from broken glass if dropped

More thermal mass to help maintain temperature even better

Makes a tighter seal with the intake bowl

Results? You guessed it, even better performance than before. It was always very forgiving to different inhalation types, now it is even more forgiving. The sleeve does not get in the way of the vapor path, so it is still all glass vapor path. The tighter seal seems to slightly improve the vapor to air ratio as well. My fave vape just got a little bit better :brow:

PS - didn't even notice my old Aromazap in the background LOL!

stonemonkey55,

spikyvape

Great news man !

For handeling it seems better, looks are less, but who cares

Do you know wenn they ship haha, the days are long the last 2 weeks haha ;)

spikyvape,
Top Bottom