Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

captainwolf

I have some older pieces and would like to know before I order a VCB. Glass screens are more like a plug that air can pass through the sides. They are very small and they look nothing like a metal screen. If the VCB has a big intake hole then the glass screen won't fit. However, I have heard of perforated glass screens sorta similar to glass screens, but I've never found them.

captainwolf,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
glass screens
weed_star_gauze_blue.jpg

does the vhw work with standard bowls or is the special bowl a must?

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I think the vhw will work fine with the glass screen, that is very interesting indeed. You could probably get the VHW to work without the lower intake bowl but I think you will lose a bit of efficiency that way. I am going to send Mark an email tonite asking if he can just bundle the VHW and the intake as a special to the folks that are pre-ordering on the forums. I guess a good analogy to use would be, would you buy a ferrari and stick some generic tires on there? Sure the ferrari will still function, but it won't be the bad ass machine it is meant to be. Now apply that same thing to the VHW...

Wolf, try measuring the inside diameter of your stem, that should give you an idea if you need 9 or 12 mm siZe

stonemonkey55,

Honey Bear

As an ex-VRIP die-hard who simply got sick of the damn heatgun, this is very intriguing!
It also begs a few questions:
1. How long does the element take to fully heat up?
2. Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is it variable temperature or just one heat setting?
3. How long does it take to cool down before you feel safe laying it on the table after use?
Also, am I correct in assuming that it makes no noise?

Thanks for getting back to me!

Honey Bear,

captainwolf

That's a good point about the bowl. Monkey could you try it with a standard bowl and see if it even works without the VCB and let us know? I think I am getting it regardless for efficiency, but some may not order it if the VCB is a $50 must...

captainwolf,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Honeybeat, yes the VHW has variable temperature and takes about 45 seconds to heat up but takes 2-3 minutes for optimal vaping temperature. The glass that is used is fairly thick and I like to get the glass as well as the heating element both at the proper temperature before vaping. As far as cooling down goes, I would say within 2-3 minutes, it would be cool enough to touch without getting burned. I have always been a huge fan of the Steinel guns and never really got deterred at how cumbersome it actually was but now that I have the VHW, the heat gun will be used for it's intended purposes. The VHW is silent so adds a bit of stealthiness versus the fan assisted heat gun.

Captainwolf, I tried using the heat gun without the lower intake and I was able to get some vapor but since there was no seal, the vapor to air ratio was lost. Mark does not intend to build a GG connection for the VHW but with the silicon sleeve, it makes a pretty tight seal and the resulting hits are dense, crisp, and potent. I'll update everyone tomorrow to see what progress the glass blower has made.

stonemonkey55,

Honey Bear

Thanks my monkey friend for the excellent response! I do have one more important question that I forgot earlier.
How hot is the vapor as you inhale it? One thing I disliked about the heatgun setup was that, given the high heat being used in combination with the fans blowing and the small amount of space between the heatgun nozzle and the mouthpiece of the bong, the air was too hot for my tastes, even when using water and ice.
Obviously it depends on the size of the bong being used, but does the absence of fans create for a less hot feel? Do you notice it being very hot when hit through a vripmaster loaded with water and ice?
Thank you very much for your thoughtful answers.

Honey Bear,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Honeybeat, I noticed that you also own a SSV with the ice chamber, that is a pretty sweet set up. I myself have the water tool that they sell and it works pretty great but you can?t put ice in it. It?s kind of a nice, hand held vapor bubbler?but I digress. My whole point is, the vapor from the VHW is no different than the vapor that you are getting out of your SSV/ice chamber set up. If you look at the pic of the VHW on page 1, you will notice that it has a very similar heating element as the SSV, except that it is about twice the thickness and uses about double the wattage. I believe this to be the reason that the VHW maintains it?s heat so well and is more forgiving to any inhalation types. So if the vapor temp isn?t bothering you from using the SSV, the VHW vapor should feel no different to your lungs/throat

stonemonkey55,

Honey Bear

stonemonkey55 said:
Honeybeat, I noticed that you also own a SSV with the ice chamber, that is a pretty sweet set up. I myself have the water tool that they sell and it works pretty great but you can?t put ice in it. It?s kind of a nice, hand held vapor bubbler?but I digress. My whole point is, the vapor from the VHW is no different than the vapor that you are getting out of your SSV/ice chamber set up. If you look at the pic of the VHW on page 1, you will notice that it has a very similar heating element as the SSV, except that it is about twice the thickness and uses about double the wattage. I believe this to be the reason that the VHW maintains it?s heat so well and is more forgiving to any inhalation types. So if the vapor temp isn?t bothering you from using the SSV, the VHW vapor should feel no different to your lungs/throat
Yes, but by the time the vapor from my SSV has passed through the wand, the three feet of tubing, and my ice chamber, it is not hot at all, not even warm.
The heat from the heat gun passing simply through my bong was too hot, especially when I used the relatively small Vrip Master.

Honey Bear,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hmmm, that's tough to say Honey Beat. I really don't notice any additional heat when using the SSV with a waterpipe or using the VHW with the water pipe. I do think that the tubing does cool down the vapor a bit, but with the ice in the water pipe, my vapor feels "cool" to my throat. I think it would be safe to say that the vapor heat from the VHW would be comparable to the vapor heat in your SSV set up. I've never had anyone complain from using the VHW and the most consistent response is "wow, feels cool, don't even know I was taking in huge amounts of vapor!" I am confident that you won't have the same burning sensation you felt from before, regardless of the shorter vapor path of the VRIP.

stonemonkey55,

captainwolf

Monkey, take a look at the glass screen Acolyte posted. It is a meteor glass gauze. Do you think that would work in the VCB? If so what size? Has the owner of VRIP tried a design like that? He may be able to replace his metal screen and market something similar to that. I know he said frits dont work well in the VCB, but that thing looks like a whole new animal with promise. What you think?

captainwolf,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I don't see why that wouldn't work, are these common items i can find at a local headshop? I'll buy one and test it out. The only thing that I can see that might be difficult, is when you want to stir and crush up the herb after the first few hits, but other than that, I absolutely love it

stonemonkey55,

captainwolf

I'm not sure if you can get the meteor gauze at a local shop, but you can get a typcial glass frit screen there. Supposedly the owner of VRIP said frits won't work with the VCB, thats why he uses a metal screen. The round meteor gauze is a totally different shape than a frit and I was wondering if it would work. You can ask about it in your local shop and maybe print off the pic that acolyte posted. Worst case scenario you could order it online. I was just wondering if you thought it would work or had tried it.

captainwolf,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
does vriptech sell an adapter that will allow it to be used on any pipe, or do they make bowls with 14 and 19mm gong joints?
as it seems now, this would only fit on a bong with a slide or one of their special waterpipes, and i dont see many of those in the places i look for glass

edit: oh and is the upper thing needed for the vhw or is that just a heat gun adaptor and you use just the lower bowl for the vhw
also what is the diameter of the vriptech bowl? it might be easier to find a gong bowl with the same diameter than to find an adaptor that allows a slide to be used in a glass on glass setup

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CW - OK, I took a look at the meteor gauze on the website and unfortunately, my local head shops don?t carry it. I am convinced that this would work well with the VHW and the VCB (VRIP?s acronym for vaporization chamber bowl). The only time I can see this becoming an issue is if you grind your herb down extremely finely and it might slip thru the little cracks that the air flows thru. Other than, I am positive it would work because the premise would be the same whether you were using a bowl to smoke out of or a bowl to vape out of.

AofZ ? The VHW uses a special ?shorty? VCB and makes about as good a seal you can without going GonG. I have used it in a roor with a 14mm GG and it slid right in, at one point of the stem, it gets thicker and I think it could slide into a 19mm GG joint as well. I will get find out what the diameter is, I think you might be able to find a gong bowl that would be the same size but I have a feeling that if you do, the price might not be much different than the shorty VCB which is about 50 bones with shipping.

stonemonkey55,

captainwolf

Monkey can you show the picture of the meteor gauze to Mark at VRIP and see what he thinks?

captainwolf,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CW - I'll get an answer for you shortly

AofZ, here is a reply from Mark
Absolutely. We make the TJDS taper joint down stem slider that is used on
our VWT Pro-Model and it will retro-fit many ground glass joint fitted water
pipes such as RooRs, pHx, Per(x), etc. and convert into a slider style stem.
I use slider stems because I like the ability to pull clear without a glass
on glass seal needing to be broken.

A loose fitting ground joint lower bowl isn't a bad idea....just not a piece
we make right now....mabye in the future.

stonemonkey55,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
Just for the record I use a glass-on-glass bong vape every day and the bowl has never gotten stuck. It's just not an issue. If you source good GonG joints and keep them clean and dry they don't get stuck! :ko:

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CW - Heard back from Mark, he thinks the meteor gauze will work as well but fears that when you stir your material around, some of the herb will fall into the stem...

Just for the record I use a glass-on-glass bong vape every day and the bowl has never gotten stuck. It's just not an issue. If you source good GonG joints and keep them clean and dry they don't get stuck! ko
Currently, if you have a GG waterpipe, you would need this piece to retrofit it to work with the VHW:

http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=VR&Product_Code=TJDS&Category_Code=RP

Just wanted to take an informal survey to see if this is a deal breaker or if a GG joint on the lower intake is a nice to have or a need to have.

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stonemonkey55 said:
CW - Heard back from Mark, he thinks the meteor gauze will work as well but fears that when you stir your material around, some of the herb will fall into the stem...

Just for the record I use a glass-on-glass bong vape every day and the bowl has never gotten stuck. It's just not an issue. If you source good GonG joints and keep them clean and dry they don't get stuck! ko
Currently, if you have a GG waterpipe, you would need this piece to retrofit it to work with the VHW:

http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=VR&Product_Code=TJDS&Category_Code=RP

Just wanted to take an informal survey to see if this is a deal breaker or if a GG joint on the lower intake is a nice to have or a need to have.
comon what are are of you saying! there are most defiantly bowls (GONG) that you could retro fit the vrip to...its not just the one posted above^ :rolleyes:

Hennessy1414,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Perhaps you are misunderstanding me, the VRIP VCB, as it is today, would not fit into the 18mm GG joints in a gong waterpipe. I mean, it fits into the hole but you can tell that it wasn't made for it. You would need to add that slider stem so that it will accept the skinner 12mm bowls that the lower intake of the VCB currently utilizes. If you look at how the lower intake is shaped, you'll understand why you need that piece.

http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...VR&Product_Code=VCBLBJF_12mm&Category_Code=RP

Maybe if you post some links, I'll have a better understanding of what you are talking about. Are you talking about the top part or the bottom part of the VRIP VCB? It is two pieces unlike most conventional bowls

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the adapter is nice, and it most likely works, but its an extra piece of otherwise unnecessary equipment

if he made some of the lower chamber bowls that were straight glass on glass with standard 14.5 and 18.8 joints it would be a lot more convenient

not quite a dealbreaker, but it could be, im sure many people dont have the patience to look through the site to find that adapter

edit: so that downstem is really a standard 18.8 joint just shorter? i thought it was a different size and by adaptor you meant http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...ore_Code=VR&Product_Code=TJS&Category_Code=RP

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Top Bottom