Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
sm55 said:
Mark told me that he will be coming out with a mini-007 kit which would be a travel version. The VHW will stay the same but you will get a slick Pelican brief case with foam cut outs for all the pieces and the water pipe with be a shorty version of their current model.
:cool:

Did he give you any ETA?

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
AofZ - the link that you typed is for a different piece, it is to retrofit the old VRIP waterpipes so it can accept the 12mm stems, whereas the other one is the same thing but also includes the downstem that goes into the water. I've been using VRIP watertools so I didn't need to purchase these to retrofit a GonG waterpipe. Maybe if more people ask for it, I can point Mark to this thread to start producing lower intake bowls that fit directly into a standard 14 or 18.8 mm joint. Which one is the more popular size?

Vtac, not sure about the ETA on the mini 007. Mark's been working hard on three other side projects but said that if the VHW sells well, he will expedite the mini 007 kit, that is all I know for now.

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stonemonkey55 said:
Maybe if more people ask for it, I can point Mark to this thread to start producing lower intake bowls that fit directly into a standard 14 or 18.8 mm joint. Which one is the more popular size?
both! i hate when a retailer only does 14 or only does 18...angers me :mad: :lol:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
14.5 tends to be for smaller or lower priced bongs, 18.8 is on higher end, larger bongs

while it would be a pain most likely to produce both, it would be best, as both are commonly used, but there are bushing type things that can adapt 14.5 up to 18.8
if he can find a place that supplies those and he feels comfortable with it he could just make 14.5 and supply those as well
just firing off ideas :cool:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
AofZ, thanks, I don't really frequent head shops all that often (only for screens and even then, I usually by 50 of them so I don't need to go back) so I am not fluent in a lot of the newer (by newer, I mean post 2000) advancements to water pipes. I remember the first bong I bought was this triple chamber, clear blue plastic one that we smoked dirt weed out of....funny how things change, and sometimes for the simpler. As much fun as the multi chambered bingers can be, I like the simple, straight tube design if the classic Roors but I also love my VRIP PRO VWT, the simple beaker design.

stonemonkey55,

youdontknowme

FWIW, when I emailed Mark about using the VHW with an 18.8 like the Per(x):

You can use a TJDS (used on our Pro-Model) to retro-fit the Per(x) into a
slider style that will take our 12mm bowls.

Thanks for the interest,

Mark McCoy
VripTech Int.
The part Mark suggests above looks like it would be a downstem so if you wanted to use a GonG diffused downstem I wonder if the part AofZ linked would work. I asked Mark a few days ago in another email on the 5th but haven't heard back :(. sm55, is this TJDS what is already used with the pro water tool? If so, what is the sequence of parts between the topmost VCB intake and the water itself?

And while both 14 and 18 are common GonG joint sizes, I would think the pipes commonly found with 14mm are probably too small to use with the VHW without the setup looking very awkward. :2c:

stonemonkey55 said:
The VHW uses a special ?shorty? VCB
Really? Is this part sold separately? If I get the VHW I was going to get it with whatever the normal VCB is... but I guess I'm confused. Then again I see both a 9.5mm and a 12 bowl. Or maybe its not on the website yet because the VHW isn't either?

youdontknowme,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The TJDS is what is currently used in the Pro Water Tool. So the sequence for the VHW goes something like this -> First is the VHW which fits into the upper "shorty" intake, the upper shorty intake then attaches to either a 9.5 mm or 12mm lower bowl. That lower bowl than goes into the TJDS which is then submerged into the water portion of the waterpipe. Hope that made sense. I can take some pictures tonite to give you a better visual.

The shorty VCB is not on the website but basically just looks like the standard VCB with a haircut.

I think the 9mm stems would fit easily into a 14 mm but I am not 100% sure. Might look awkward but I'm sure it would work fine. Why do you think it would look awkward? I'm only asking because I'm not as familiar with the sizing and what they look like.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the part i linked looks like an adapter from 14.5 gong to 9.5 slide, this way you could put it on top of a diffuser downstem like youdontknowme wants to do
plus sticking a slide in a gong kinda ruins the aesthetic, an adapter would work and look a little better, but ultimately, gong lower bowls would be best

putting a slide straight in a gong joint would look rather awkward, and the seal could be precarious because youd have to get the o ring in just the right spot of the taper, and keep it seated there or air will leak in

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
AofZ, thanks for the clarification. Based on what you said, then you would need the piece that you had linked, and not the piece that I had linked. Obviously a down steam the GG for the VCB would be ideal and make life simpler. I'll keep pressing Mark for it, the FC forum has spoken! LOL

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
the part i linked looks like an adapter from 14.5 gong to 9.5 slide, this way you could put it on top of a diffuser downstem like youdontknowme wants to do
plus sticking a slide in a gong kinda ruins the aesthetic, an adapter would work and look a little better, but ultimately, gong lower bowls would be best

putting a slide straight in a gong joint would look rather awkward, and the seal could be precarious because youd have to get the o ring in just the right spot of the taper, and keep it seated there or air will leak in
whatever its something for us GONG heads

Hennessy1414,

Honey Bear

Anyone else gotten to try this yet??
I am seriously considering ordering one in a few days as a treat to myself for finishing finals.
I think VripTech is a good company and it would be nice to get back to supporting them, and man, I can just imagine how fun this thing must be to use.
Stone Monkey, how much of a "breakable" factor would you say there is with the piece? I am having a difficult time telling how fragile it is just by looking at pictures. Would you be afraid to transport it in suitcase of backpack?
You should definitely talk to Mark about developing some sort of slick carrying case for it, one that also has padded places to put the VCB. That would be a huge plus. Also, while this is clearly vein of me and is not truly affecting my decision, I think VripTech should change their logo and make it cooler looking, I don't like it much at this point. It would be a really good move for the company before releasing the final version of this product onto the public.

Honey Bear,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Honeybeat, as far as I know, I am still the only person with a working VHW and lower intake. The glass blower is having some trouble tooling a piece to standardize the lower intake, I happen to have one of the hand blown ones that just happened to fit properly with the VHW. I know that Mark meets with the glass blower on Tuesdays so hopefully they will be ready to take orders tomorrow

As far as the breakability factor goes, I would say that it is fairly sturdy. I don't know what it's chances are if you were to drop it on concrete, but if you wrapped it in a towel and threw it in a backpack, I am pretty sure that it wouldn't break.

I don't know if you have had a chance to see the logo he uses on his Pro Water Tool but I much prefer it over the older logo

stonemonkey55,

Honey Bear

I am actually a former owner of one of the Pro Water tools and I agree that the logo is much better on it! I would love for the VHW to have a slick overall appearance like the Pro WT.

Honey Bear,

Honey Bear

Actually, Stone Monkey, the more I think about the VHW, the more I want to see a video of you skim milking dat Pro WT. Any chance?

Honey Bear,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yes. I also demand a video. :p :lol:

So those are the new logos, or the old? I'm confused.... I like the top one, look shmexy. :brow:

Hopefully this guy gets these on the market before X-Mas.... it might be just in time, I bet it would be a great stocking stuffer, am I right? :D

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Spiral, did I ever tell you I went to Alaska last year? Actually went on a cruise and got stopped off at about 5 different ports. Loved the state, loved the natural beauty. I even had a chance to hang out with some guys that raced in the Iditerod (sp?) and their dogs. It must be nice to be able to get vaked and be one with nature up there...

So the old logo is the one that is yellow and green and done in that squiggly looking font. I believe VRIPtech started in 96 or 97 (remember Cross Colors anyone?) and has used that logo ever since. The logo on the waterpipe is the newer of the two logos and the one that I prefer. Funny how Spiral and Honey Beat have varying opinions on the two logos but I think the latter picture looks a little cleaner and more up to date myself. I have been telling Mark that you have this great new product and this would be a good time to re-vamp the entire company branding. Regardless whether we get our wish or not, at least we can rest easy that performance wise, this thing kicks much arse.

I will definitely work on getting you guys a video. Even though I am a MMJ card holder in California, just want to be careful that my employers don't somehow stumble upon one of my videos by accident. Google is just down the street and the fire people left and right based on stuff they find on blogs, facebook, myspace, etc etc. Give me a day or two to work on this, I'll def post up a video worthy of the almighty VHW!

I hate starting my mornings with VHW talk, makes me want to go how and take a VRIP to get VAKED!

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
quick update - With some luck, Mark said that the first batch of VHW's should be able to ship next week. Who would have ever though the hardest part to make with the lower intake that the VHW eventually goes into. Mark wanted to get the most airtight seal possible without using a straight GonG connection. Will give another update Friday morning!

This week is looking pretty busy for me but I will shoot a nice video this weekend of the VHW is action.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Cleardome, I had to edit the last response and changed the word "with" to "without" My mistake! I have asked Mark a few times to make a GonG version but based on the current dimensions, he doesn't think the GonG could support the entire weight of the VHW, you would still need to support the VHW with your hand.

While I love GonG as much as the next guy, I don't think it affects the vapor to air ratio in the same manner that a GonG affects the smoke to air ratio. If I can find a glass blower that can make the tip of VHW into a GG joint, I will definitely let you know as I would like to see if there are any performance differences. With my SSV, the performance is quite negligible between the standard and the hands free set up which is why I think Mark went with the none GonG set up for the VHW. Either way, I think you would be very pleased with the performance.

Have you still been tinkering with your heat wand? I remember seeing the post a while back but haven't heard any updates.

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hummm ...I was talking about the a gong between the bowl and the bong not betweew the vhw and the bowl (just to be sure that we talk about the same thing ) ...I'm sure the the gong is strong enough to old a vhw cause gun heater bowl are most of the time with gong so ...anyway ... it is realy sad cause this is the only thing I dont like about the vhw ...it use a o-ring like rubber seal ...I'm sure the material use is safe but IMO it just look like the cheap ass bowl & bong from china , and god know how I hate those crappy bong :disgust: (sorry about that I know vhw is'nt cheap made but the bowl look like)

as for my heating wand I never work it back ...I bought some ceramic heater from ebay but it was'nt the same I was using and I was just not able to get them work ..I hate mess with electronic and shit like this soo I just put it on the shelf , now I work on other type of vaporizer :)

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD, my mistake, I understand now. I believe someone had asked the same question earlier and I think Mark said that the GonG for the lower intake the bong will def be something that he will offer in the near future. The o-ring is made of silicone, so no different than the whip material used in the hoses and is not in the vapor path, but I still see your point, GG joint > silicone o-ring. I don't want to make any promises on his behalf but I have written to him that the FC forum has spoken and people want the GG joint! LOL.

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
cool !!!! GONG IS ALWAYS KING ! super air tight , super classy , all glass and super safe ...hope to see it on the vhw !!!

:peace:

Clear_Dome,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
yes and all he would need to change is to make a lower intake with a gong joint, overall i think this is a good move, as vriptech caters to people who like glass and/or have a glass collection, so it make sense to make their product compatible with a wider range of waterpipes

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hey guys, here is a brief video of the VHW in action, I didn;t get a chance to edit it the way I liked but figured something is better than nothing for now. If I update the video with better angles, etc etc, I'll let yall know, hope you guys like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR6ZdxX5gkQ

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom