• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporhead99

I need a new desktop and this is right at the top of my list with the hybrid however I'm thinking the classic is the way to go as I've little need for the whip. Is the classic still a worthwhile investment?

Vaporhead99,

justcametomind

I need a new desktop and this is right at the top of my list with the hybrid however I'm thinking the classic is the way to go as I've little need for the whip. Is the classic still a worthwhile investment?
I followed Volcano Hybrid thread for month after its release, my understanding is that the core business is still bags and the new features aren't woth the cost. I like my digit better than a Classic for the 30' mins shut off time and precise temperatures but there's not much else.

Vaporhead99

I followed Volcano Hybrid thread for month after its release, my understanding is that the core business is still bags and the new features aren't woth the cost. I like my digit better than a Classic for the 30' mins shut off time and precise temperatures but there's not much else.
Cheers man. I did go all the way back to page 80 on the hybrid thread and read the last 30 pages and I wasn't sure it was worth the extra £££ for the hybrid.

The whip doesn't interest me, I would prefer digital temperature settings rather than the dial but not having a shut off time definitely suits me more, I like leaving my machine on as I did with my extreme q.

I'm still going to weigh the pros and cons but I'm definitely leaning towards the classic as it stands.

justcametomind

Cheers man. I did go all the way back to page 80 on the hybrid thread and read the last 30 pages and I wasn't sure it was worth the extra £££ for the hybrid.

The whip doesn't interest me, I would prefer digital temperature settings rather than the dial but not having a shut off time definitely suits me more, I like leaving my machine on as I did with my extreme q.

I'm still going to weigh the pros and cons but I'm definitely leaning towards the classic as it stands.
Imho the best features of the volcano are:
the complete lack of technique required to achieve the best results,
The repeatability of such results
The flavor which is fine for the whole bag and not just for the first hits.
Hoses stink after a while and workflows, touch controls and Bluetooth are just not worth it imho.

Vaporhead99

It's the evening now so I will get a next day (Friday) delivery if I order it before 2pm tomorrow which is my intention as I have decided on the Classic after using my Extreme Q these past couple of nights.

I'm more than happy with my Extreme Q's whip but the balloons aren't up to standard for me and I still enjoy my Pax 3, Haze 3 and Arizer Air too so I think the classic will definitely add something to the vapes that I use on a regular basis and become part of the rotation.

Are there any accessories that are absolutely essential for the classic like the cleaning kit, air filter set or extra balloons perhaps?

It looks like it's shipped with 4 easy valve and 1 solid valve balloons, would it be worth adding another 6 easy valve to my order or is 4 plenty enough?

I don't think I need a bubbler or dosing capsules as I've never felt the benefits of water plus I'm a heavy user, if I wanted a light hit I'd use my Air.

Any advice on essential accessories would be really welcomed :)

MDude

It's the evening now so I will get a next day (Friday) delivery if I order it before 2pm tomorrow which is my intention as I have decided on the Classic after using my Extreme Q these past couple of nights.

I'm more than happy with my Extreme Q's whip but the balloons aren't up to standard for me and I still enjoy my Pax 3, Haze 3 and Arizer Air too so I think the classic will definitely add something to the vapes that I use on a regular basis and become part of the rotation.

Are there any accessories that are absolutely essential for the classic like the cleaning kit or extra balloons perhaps?

It looks like it's shipped with 4 easy valve and 1 solid valve balloons, would it be worth adding another 6 easy valve to my order or is 4 plenty enough?

I don't think I need a bubbler or dosing capsules as I've never felt the benefits of water plus I'm a heavy user, if I wanted a light hit I'd use my Air.

Any advice on essential accessories would be really welcomed :)
I advise you to buy balloons in packs of 3m. You will need them, they start to leak after some use.

Vaporhead99

I've just looked at a video about the balloons and even though they are more expensive I think I'll predominantly be using the easy valve balloon.

redrum891

I have a reduced chamber as well as the regular EZ Valve and the ONLY thing I do with dosing capsules is use them for herb/concentrate sandwiches. Otherwise, I found the capsules to just not give me the milk bag that I want for pain and sedatin.

But, little bit of flower, little bit of concentrate, topped with a little flower and wowzer....you can get some milk that way for certain.

I do the same with my Mighty...capsules are for sandwiches only.

Cheers
When using the reducer, I had issues with the fan blowing herb up (I use 4x 6mm terp pearls to cool the vapor even more that won't fit in the capsule) so what I do is fill up my chamber then just add the top cap of the dosing capsule and keeps my herb from flying and I can tell that extra flower coming out, makes a difference when it all stays in there.

cheers.

Dr. G

Old Resident
I just received my white one today...going to try it now. I just want to put a whip on it...any ideas anyone?

A deep bow....I just vaped and this thing just kicked my ass. Truly amazing. Wow. I never vaped out of a balloon until tonight. Great experience. A new respect...

Last edited:

Dr. G

Old Resident
Any ideas what would be a good converter to convert a UK connection on the back of a Volcano hybrid to a US plug? What would be the wattage I would be looking for?

Dr. G,
I got my Volcano second hand so have only ever made my own bags with the easy valve and the roll, it's really easy and saves loads of money (and plastic) than buying non reusable bags.
I tried using the bag roll to replace my aging bags and found it cumbersome.
For years now, I've bought turkey bags at the grocery store and follow a method I found on the web - likely this site.
I fit the plastic nozzle mechanism inside/outside top of bag:
The clear (now cloudy) plastic piece goes inside the bag, positioned near the fold.
The rubber ring/closing flap/orange housing goes onto that (in that order) from the outside of the bag.
Use a sharp knife to break the seal inside the reassembled mouth piece. Then take wide, clear packing tape to seal up the open bag , now at the opposite side of the mouth piece.
You get a large, pillow-shaped bag of vapour.

Bourgeoise Bohemian,

stansoid

I have a question about the filter on an older volcano. I picked up a used classic in great shape. I gave the entire thing an industrial cleaning, inside and out. Its all back together and working great.

My question is this. This version does not appear to have a replaceable filter on the bottom. I suspect it must be from the early to mid-2000s. Does anyone know if there is an internal filter or part I need to keep clean to prevent issues? Wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit?

Vape_Or_Die420

I have a question about the filter on an older volcano. I picked up a used classic in great shape. I gave the entire thing an industrial cleaning, inside and out. Its all back together and working great.

My question is this. This version does not appear to have a replaceable filter on the bottom. I suspect it must be from the early to mid-2000s. Does anyone know if there is an internal filter or part I need to keep clean to prevent issues? Wondering if anyone has any experience with this unit?
Interesting… can you post a picture of the bottom of your unit?

Vape_Or_Die420,

ChooChooCharlie

@stansoid - I did some googling, took a screenshot:

volcano-filter-screenshot.jpg

Top Bottom