• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Socks And Sandals

Instead of a WPA - you might want to just get an obsidian bubbler which will cool and humidify not just for the whip, but also the bags. If you're sensitive to the drying effects of hot vapor - it makes a huge difference, in fact you have to leave the bags with the easy valve in, so the condensation dries out as the inside of the bags will be wet, it works so well. It's also very small/compact - which is nice, since the volcano isn't exactly small.
Thinking of both actually especially after having used the Hybrid so much last night with the whip. The last time I checked Maga Industries I remembered they had a red plastic version too? I dunno It's been a while but now they have the Magma for $100 and the Obsidian for $50 dollars more. I will check into this in a few days and get back to you.

Are you sure the obsidian works with the whip for certain? I just briefly glanced at the site today.. It seems like they were mainly for the bags? I could be wrong tho.

As far as the bags go, I find them easy on the lungs even at the max temp of 446F (definitely a little harsh but nothing I can't inhale) but I'm always open to making it smoother with a little water filtration. To be honest though, I see the bags not as much of a heavy hitter as the whip is.. but more chill and leisurely if you will. I still have that Magma Website bookmarked and that was an option I can still remember. For me though I kinda see that the water filtration (as of this point) is more important for the whip than the bags for me.. but that could very well change as I use this more.. I'm open to all suggestions

The bags while totally chill don't hit me as hard as something like the evo, my FP or even my plenty and Volcano with the whip does. This is why I kinda concentrated my interest for water filtration mainly with the whip.. simply because I can take more condensed hits than the bags or so it seems. I think I maybe looking into the obsidian sooner than I may think tho..

Thanks for the input JollyGreenGiant! I'm also looking at their WPA's they have over there now too! And tonight, I'm going to finally mess around with the app.. It appears I can change the auto shutoff timer, adjust the dim of the display and whether or not I even want the residual temperature count down or not. This seems to be a trend with products now..including my new Cannon Printer which actually has features (just like the Hybrid) that can only be accessed from the Corresponding App rather than the face of the device. LOL times have changed man! 👍

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: Green Kiwi

JollyGreenGiant

Thinking of both actually especially after having used the Hybrid so much last night with the whip. The last time I checked Maga Industries I remembered they had a red plastic version too? I dunno It's been a while but now they have the Magma for $100 and the Obsidian for $50 dollars more. I will check into this in a few days and get back to you.

Are you sure the obsidian works with the whip for certain? I just briefly glanced at the site today.. It seems like they were mainly for the bags? I could be wrong tho.

As far as the bags go, I find them easy on the lungs even at the max temp of 446F (definitely a little harsh but nothing I can't inhale) but I'm always open to making it smoother with a little water filtration. To be honest though, I see the bags not as much of a heavy hitter as the whip is.. but more chill and leisurely if you will. I still have that Magma Website bookmarked and that was an option I can still remember. For me though I kinda see that the water filtration (as of this point) is more important for the whip than the bags for me.. but that could very well change as I use this more.. I'm open to all suggestions

The bags while totally chill don't hit me as hard as something like the evo, my FP or even my plenty and Volcano with the whip does. This is why I kinda concentrated my interest for water filtration mainly with the whip.. simply because I can take more condensed hits than the bags or so it seems. I think I maybe looking into the obsidian sooner than I may think tho..

Thanks for the input JollyGreenGiant! I'm also looking at their WPA's they have over there now too! And tonight, I'm going to finally mess around with the app.. It appears I can change the auto shutoff timer, adjust the dim of the display and whether or not I even want the residual temperature count down or not. This seems to be a trend with products now..including my new Cannon Printer which actually has features (just like the Hybrid) that can only be accessed from the Corresponding App rather than the face of the device. LOL times have changed man! 👍

1. I am certain the Obsidian works with the whip, and have used it personally - remember, the easy valve for the whip is the identical easy valve attachment as the bags.
2. If you tweak with the bags, you can get them to hit hard. Bags work better when you aren't using the chamber reducer and the pods, it seems to make about the same number of bags whether you have the reducer in or not, but the full chamber bags are much denser and hit much harder. Personally - I really don't like bags in general, and wouldn't have bought a Volcano until they came out with the Hybrid with the Whip.
3. Full disclosure - I have only used the Obsidian twice and will rarely, if ever use it again. I don't use desktop's that much, so it's not worth the additional time/effort/care to mess with it for how little use my Hybrid gets. If you are a regular daily user however, I think I'd consider it a must buy, as it undeniably works very well.

Bottom line - if you use your hybrid daily, or multiple times a day - buy the Obsidian as soon as possible and it'll make an already superb top notch vaporizer, much better. If you use it once every few weeks/months and the dry vapor it puts out doesn't bother you - i'd just use it as is without water filtration.

Green Kiwi

I start the day every day since having the Obsidian(9?months)and the whip. my whip has the same orange colour as s&b now LOL.
I have a ten meter roll of new whip from s&b, but I do like the seasoned taste the used whip gives.
the whip straight on the Hybrid, to dry for me. through the Obsidian ,all day long no dryness.

Green Kiwi

I haven't tried turkey bags sofar, me stock of 12 xl bags and 6 Normal bags, are still enough to keep me going.
In the(9?)months I have the Hybrid, I have worn out 3 normal bags(I don't use them any longer I find them to small:science:).and 2 xl bags, so if you have the obsidian in your rotation the last a long long time. .....actually non wore out on it self they all came to their beloved life end after one or both of my beloved girls(dogs)stood on it.....and those nails can pierce thin plastic....:2c:.:smug:.
the noise of the bags make me prefer the whip on the obsidian anyway.....
if those turkey bags are quieter I'm keen......
hope this helps you .:cheers:.

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
Hey gang if I get an onyx classic volcano can I update the top with the whip adapter? I guess I mean is the chamber the same or different? 🙂 please and thanks.:tup:

Custom Flower Hardware,

Green Kiwi

in my recollection, no the old one works with clips I believe and the hybrid is a firm screw type connection.
on of the things I most enjoy of the hybrid is the whip, trough the obsidian, yummy.
if I couldn't use a whip the volcano wouldn't be in my daily heavy usage, like it is now.
I would go for the hybrid :2c:.
good luck with choice.

ChooChooCharlie

Hey gang if I get an onyx classic volcano can I update the top with the whip adapter? I guess I mean is the chamber the same or different? 🙂 please and thanks.:tup:
No, tube use only designed for the Hybrid

Edit: I guess the orange tube part would fit on a classic easyvalve, but not sure if you can draw well through the pump? And, you'd need to hold the classic chamber down with your hand, because only the Hybrid chamber "screws down" and locks in place

They cleverly redesigned the "plumbing" within Hybrid, to allow direct draw, bypassing the diaphragm pump:
Hybrid-tubing.jpg

Here's their compatibility chart:

Volcano-Comparison-and-compatibility-chart.jpg

I found a remaining reference to "drip" pads!! Last row on this PDF. S&B are slipping, someone forgot this PDF in the great S&B pad purge. Gotta remove any mention of liquid concentrate use to side step PACT

Last edited:

RJ in Canada

After following the previous posts about the Obsidian, I decided to give it a try. We use the whip only and between two people we run five loads a day through this thing. I've had the Obsidian for two weeks now and all I can say is I wish I had done this sooner. Shit, I think S&B should create a "box set" of whatever their fanciest hybrid is at the moment and ship it with an Obsidian. Moist, cooler vapor and not too hard to clean. It also saves a fair amount of mess on the upper chamber housing and the whip connector. And speaking of the chamber housing, it looks to me like S&B has corrected their flimsy brittle plastic problem I was experiencing. I was going through housings every two weeks or so - orange tabs breaking off the bowl holder and the black upper housing lasting a little longer but eventually cracking and falling apart. I was ordering them six at a time! In my latest batch of housings the plastic seems thicker and more pliable. So this is a big thumbs up to Magma and a "it's about time" to S&B.

Green Kiwi

@RJ in Canada , couldn't agree more:rockon::tup::clap::rockon:.

I honestly thought for a long time(well till your post..:nod:),that I was the only person ,on the planet, with the plastic problems.
Sooo, thank yours much for posting this, I now can feel less of a weirdo.
and I am grateful S&B addressed this, I also noticed the improvement, but HEY common, communication.... hey you know that word S&B???,nah clearly not.

OBSIDIAN rocks!!!, people also with a crafty or mighty in their possession, try it!!:with the 3D adaptor.
Very,berry nice......:razz:

RJ in Canada

@RJ in Canada , couldn't agree more:rockon::tup::clap::rockon:.

I honestly thought for a long time(well till your post..:nod:),that I was the only person ,on the planet, with the plastic problems.
Sooo, thank yours much for posting this, I now can feel less of a weirdo.
and I am grateful S&B addressed this, I also noticed the improvement, but HEY common, communication.... hey you know that word S&B???,nah clearly not.

OBSIDIAN rocks!!!, people also with a crafty or mighty in their possession, try it!!:with the 3D adaptor.
Very,berry nice......:razz:
When I first got the hybrid, I acted like a jerk to S&B making them replace their faulty (shit) plastic under a warranty claim. This started 20 months ago. They were more than happy to replace them one at a time under warranty - even though they shipped from Cali up here to Canada! Even though I'm 50km away from one of the biggest Canopy Growth facilities that has a gift shop or whatever according to the news - I've never been there. What a waste of shipping costs not to mention pain in the ass for me. So I finally started buying them six at a time. I guess my point is, they've been aware of the problem for a long time and screwed us over by continuing to sell this cheap crap. They could have pulled their defective shit but they chose to keep selling at $12 a pop to their loyal single sourced customers until the defective shit was sold out. After all, that's a SHIT LOAD of profits! Man, I need to get back into business. On second thought, I like sleeping at night better than screwing people over. Still love the hybrid and now that it's been improved by Magma Industries, I'm a happy camper.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
When I first got the hybrid, I acted like a jerk to S&B making them replace their faulty (shit) plastic under a warranty claim. This started 20 months ago. They were more than happy to replace them one at a time under warranty - even though they shipped from Cali up here to Canada! Even though I'm 50km away from one of the biggest Canopy Growth facilities that has a gift shop or whatever according to the news - I've never been there. What a waste of shipping costs not to mention pain in the ass for me. So I finally started buying them six at a time. I guess my point is, they've been aware of the problem for a long time and screwed us over by continuing to sell this cheap crap. They could have pulled their defective shit but they chose to keep selling at $12 a pop to their loyal single sourced customers until the defective shit was sold out. After all, that's a SHIT LOAD of profits! Man, I need to get back into business. On second thought, I like sleeping at night better than screwing people over. Still love the hybrid and now that it's been improved by Magma Industries, I'm a happy camper.
I honestly can't believe S&B let that plastic stuff get through their initial release. It was so widespread there's no way they didn't know during testing. We had the same issue with our Hybrid when we first ordered it, and the entire experience really put a sour taste in my mouth. I've been a Volcano owner for close to two decades it feels like, and their image as the highest quality, top notch, no nonsense vaporizer in the world with second-to-none certifications and health benefits took a huge hit with the whole chamber fiasco. I want to blame Canopy and their S&B acquisition, but that explains more of the recent customer service complaints than the actual device integrity which as I understand is still done in house by S&B with Canopy acting as more of a distributor, but that's just my conjecture....

GymWolf

I have a couple of questions:

Since the hybrid also add some conduction and the extraction is better, does that mean that you get less ballons of stronger vapor compared to the classic that has slower\worse extraction with the same amount of weed?

Also does the volcano (both classic and hybrid) work with small quantity of weed? Like .2 to .5?

Because i only tested a classic volcano in amsterdam with like 2 gr of weed in the bowl and i got a buckload of ballons with temp step starting at 160-165, like more than 12 ballons.

How many ballons do you get from .2-.3 gr of weed with some temp step?

I vaguely remember reading about using the liquid pad to fill the bowl when you put less weed or using a dosing capsules but i also remember people not being fully happy with the result\vapor production while usong these methods, but i could be just fuzzy memory on my part.

Thanks.

GymWolf,

justcametomind

I have a couple of questions:

Since the hybrid also add some conduction and the extraction is better, does that mean that you get less ballons of stronger vapor compared to the classic that has slower\worse extraction with the same amount of weed?

Also does the volcano (both classic and hybrid) work with small quantity of weed? Like .2 to .5?

Because i only tested a classic volcano in amsterdam with like 2 gr of weed in the bowl and i got a buckload of ballons with temp step starting at 160-165, like more than 12 ballons.

How many ballons do you get from .2-.3 gr of weed with some temp step?

I vaguely remember reading about using the liquid pad to fill the bowl when you put less weed or using a dosing capsules but i also remember people not being fully happy with the result\vapor production while usong these methods, but i could be just fuzzy memory on my part.

Thanks.
Imho Volcano is the indisputed king of extraction, you get the bags you deserve, it depends on weed potency.
It works fine even with 30mg, let alone 0.2g.
Imho the best way to use it is XL bags and putting a small quantity so that you don't reheat the herb. Otherwise the fist bag is overfilled with cannabinoids and flavor, and the following ones are weaker and taste of abv.

justcametomind,
Reactions: GymWolf

GymWolf

Imho Volcano is the indisputed king of extraction, you get the bags you deserve, it depends on weed potency.
It works fine even with 30mg, let alone 0.2g.
Imho the best way to use it is XL bags and putting a small quantity so that you don't reheat the herb. Otherwise the fist bag is overfilled with cannabinoids and flavor, and the following ones are weaker and taste of abv.
Taste is not a problem for me really, my main objective is to save weed and milk a bowl for how much long i can.

I usually take away the chamber from the heater and only put it when i have to actually fill a ballon, not sure if this is what you were saying (english is not my native language)

GymWolf,

justcametomind

Taste is not a problem for me really, my main objective is to save weed and milk a bowl for how much long i can.

I usually take away the chamber from the heater and only put it when i have to actually fill a ballon, not sure if this is what you were saying (english is not my native language)
I’m saying to inflate just one balloon with the herb, I don’t like reheating the same bowl.
If you already have an OG Volcano I wouldn’t get an Hybrid but this is just my opinion. My take is that the improvements are not worth the cost and efficiency is already great on the OG. Other than that the new features make the Hybrid easier to misbehave (Bluetooth, touchscreen, the notorious issues on the new bowl melting itself). OGs and Digits work like a truck after decades of daily use.

justcametomind,
Reactions: GymWolf

GymWolf

I’m saying to inflate just one balloon with the herb, I don’t like reheating the same bowl.
If you already have an OG Volcano I wouldn’t get an Hybrid but this is just my opinion. My take is that the improvements are not worth the cost and efficiency is already great on the OG. Other than that the new features make the Hybrid easier to misbehave (Bluetooth, touchscreen, the notorious issues on the new bowl melting itself). OGs and Digits work like a truck after decades of daily use.
No i don't have an original volcano, only tried multiple times in amsterdam inside some coffeeshop.

I'm undecited about buying one right now since like i said, i only tried the volcano in amsterdam with large quantity of weed in the bowl and i'm trying to switch to full vaporization because weed here where i live is stupidly pricey and combustion is not a good option anymore, so i trying to understand how this thing work with way smaller quantities.

Since i don't really care for the taste (the shittiest vapor still taste 100x times better than smoking, especially with semi-shitty weed like the one i have) i prefer the method of having a bit more weed in the bowl and temp step to get more ballons possible out of my weed, but during these pricey AF days, my "bit more weed" is optimally between .2-.3 gr (.5 when some good ufc card is on tv:D)

Last edited:

fiixed

This is a bit late to the party, but I used to use an Obsidian, but switched to a Mega Globe Mk.2. I also used to use bags but switched to the whip. Never used the whip on the Obsidian...it would work but wouldn't be that stable. The whip on the Mega Globe is not a problem.

Green Kiwi

This is a bit late to the party, but I used to use an Obsidian, but switched to a Mega Globe Mk.2. I also used to use bags but switched to the whip. Never used the whip on the Obsidian...it would work but wouldn't be that stable. The whip on the Mega Globe is not a problem.
I Agree with you ,it looks /feels like not that stable, BUT it is.imho.
Yeah I sometimes when I want to go in:science::haw::freak::science:,mode, I use a (as short as possibly is possible,125 mm in my case..)whip, and beakerbong that is lovely as well, but imho les taste and efficient, hence loving the whip with the Obsidian with the reducer bowl.

In the quite a few KG's I vaped trough this set up, I never had any unstable accidents...:2c:.and that's also with ;well to say it politely imbecile visitors, they only get bag's from my, absolutely no whip for them.....cough, cough, cough, because they also are stupid enough to still combust when on their own:puke:.
And when those smoker lungs meat Vapor, well the Vapour has to do a lot of cleaning there, hence their Cough cough ,etc.

but yes overall that does mean that I think the Whip+Obsidian+reducerbowl+inverted cap lid=most efficient and comfortable.

I do think a lot of my love for this setup has to do with, it's quite difficult to get the latest/hotest vapes imported, in my country.

It could be totally the case that say a Tinymight, or elevator,or cough log would all be better and more efficient, but I never had the change to try them....👀.
But since S&B ,(Sucker&Bitch)have done the hard yards for medical certificate, that's the easiest to lay my hands on.:bigleaf:

Top Bottom