• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

SquirrelMaster

I can only assume that they desire the thermal properties of aluminum over stainless. I would think that stainless chambers would be cheaper than ceramic coating aluminum, but maybe it was just to save what they already made?
I agree on the thermal properties but I have no idea on costs. Stainless holds heat longer so maybe they tried it and the plastic housing was degrading faster as well.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

SquirrelMaster

Can anyone compare the hybrid to the medic 2?
I've read the only difference is the medic doesn't support bluetooth. Can anyone confirm that? No other differences?
The Medic has a lower maximum temp iirc and also a different check valve or something like that. You could email S&B, they might get back to you. When I bought my Hybrid in 2019 I was asking them them about specifics in multiple emails but they all went unanswered. I was unaware of any other differences, including bluetooth.

ChooChooCharlie

Medic-2-specs-with-Dr-Hazekamp.jpg

SquirrelMaster

I can understand the lower maximum temperature but I wonder why they didn't include bluetooth? Possible interference with medical equipment maybe? Even in the Hybrid, which is the only device I see a benefit to having bluetooth, it's still pretty gimmicky. It's nice to temp step a bag with the press of a button and then walk away but it's very easy to do the same manually.

Likun

So I pulled the trigger on the hybrid :ko:.
Waiting for my reducing chamber and some stainless steel capsules.
My first ballon got me high af but the vapor wasn't as dense as I'd expect it to be.
Any tips on getting as dense as possible vapor? How much of a load to I have to pack? Usually I prefer to pack not that much as my tolerance isn't that high.

SquirrelMaster

So I pulled the trigger on the hybrid :ko:.
Waiting for my reducing chamber and some stainless steel capsules.
My first ballon got me high af but the vapor wasn't as dense as I'd expect it to be.
Any tips on getting as dense as possible vapor? How much of a load to I have to pack? Usually I prefer to pack not that much as my tolerance isn't that high.
Turning your temperature up will output denser vapor. If you find it too harsh you could set up a routine that temp steps a bag. Add some time on the front end to preheat a little. Until you get the chamber reducer you could put a concentrate pad on top of your flower. I remember a few people doing that.

Likun

So I just received the chamber reducer. It's not black like the new ceramic coated chamber my volcano came with. Did I get an old version of the chamber reducer? Or is this normal?

Edit: Well I've done some research and I guess the reducer chamber just is more greyish than black and I'm good with it. The aluminium one looks really shiny.
Edit2: Got it confirmged by S&B that it's the new one - forget this post :D

Last edited:

WildWillie

So I just received the chamber reducer. It's not black like the new ceramic coated chamber my volcano came with. Did I get an old version of the chamber reducer? Or is this normal?

Edit: Well I've done some research and I guess the reducer chamber just is more greyish than black and I'm good with it. The aluminium one looks really shiny.
Edit2: Got it confirmged by S&B that it's the new one - forget this post :D
Did you get the Onyx Hybrid? My steel Hybrid full-sized bowl matches the reducer color.

WildWillie,

WildWillie

No, the regular silver one. Was just confused by the different color choice, but they're both ceramic-coated as S&B confirmed.
#
There's actually not much difference in using the reducer vs the original chamber+liquid pad with the same amount of herb.
I tried the liquid pad trick, but it just gets messy too quick for me. I’ve been enjoying the reducer with XL bags. That way I can extract a whole bowl in one bag. Letting that reducer heat soak really helps the extraction.

Likun

I tried the liquid pad trick, but it just gets messy too quick for me. I’ve been enjoying the reducer with XL bags. That way I can extract a whole bowl in one bag. Letting that reducer heat soak really helps the extraction.
What do you mean by messy? The pad itself?

My expereince so far has shown that my AVB doesn't come out very dark like I'm used to from other devices like tubo evic or e-nano. Is this normal for the volcano? Even at max temp? I get one bag out of a filled reduced chamber, avb looks not too dark but won't produce any relevant vapor after that.

WildWillie

What do you mean by messy? The pad itself?

My expereince so far has shown that my AVB doesn't come out very dark like I'm used to from other devices like tubo evic or e-nano. Is this normal for the volcano? Even at max temp? I get one bag out of a filled reduced chamber, avb looks not too dark but won't produce any relevant vapor after that.
Yeah, the AVB gets all stuck to the pad. And over time, the pad taints the flavor from the particulate it collects.

The color is definitely surprising, but just speaks to the efficiency of the device and its powerful convection heating. I’ve tried vaping the remains in a Dynavap, but there’s nothing left.

That’s why AVB color is a terrible way to judge extraction, in my opinion, as it entirely depends on the vape. After all, we’re just trying to boil the trichomes on the outside of the plant matter, we’re not trying to roast it like coffee.

Likun

How long does it take for you to fill up a bag?
I've read about 35 seconds and most workflows I've looked up on in the internet take around this time.
My bag takes around 45-50 seconds to fill. Normal or is my fan already a bit weak? I'm using the easy valve bag which comes with the unit.

WildWillie

How long does it take for you to fill up a bag?
I've read about 35 seconds and most workflows I've looked up on in the internet take around this time.
My bag takes around 45-50 seconds to fill. Normal or is my fan already a bit weak? I'm using the easy valve bag which comes with the unit.
If you’re using the reducer or packing your bowl super tight, it can slow things down. I’ve been exclusively using XL bags (double size) with the reducer for a while, those take me about 75s.

WildWillie,

Ted Striker

Hey all, need you advice. Been a Volcano user for now over 10 years and love their potency and efficiency. When the hybrid came out I bought it right away and then the metal shaving issue that hit at first happened before they sent out replacements and I returned it. Now I hear there is an updated bowl which is great and even ceramic which is great! I really do miss it.

My only concern is the melting plastic I read about. I know I have read that do not leave your bowl on the Volcano to stop it from happening but still read that the plastic eventually warps/melts from the heat needing a replacement. I have read that some have went through 3-5 already which is insane. So what really concerns me is the meting/warping. Even if its over time, aren't we still essentially inhaling burnt plastic fumes? Can someone more knowledgeable on this help to put my mind at ease or tell me the real deal? Many thanks!

WildWillie

Hey all, need you advice. Been a Volcano user for now over 10 years and love their potency and efficiency. When the hybrid came out I bought it right away and then the metal shaving issue that hit at first happened before they sent out replacements and I returned it. Now I hear there is an updated bowl which is great and even ceramic which is great! I really do miss it.

My only concern is the melting plastic I read about. I know I have read that do not leave your bowl on the Volcano to stop it from happening but still read that the plastic eventually warps/melts from the heat needing a replacement. I have read that some have went through 3-5 already which is insane. So what really concerns me is the meting/warping. Even if its over time, aren't we still essentially inhaling burnt plastic fumes? Can someone more knowledgeable on this help to put my mind at ease or tell me the real deal? Many thanks!
I mean, I don’t know if there is any potential offgassing. If there is, much shouldn’t be in the vapor path since the chamber is physically touching the Volcano Hybrid unit, then a stainless steel component seals onto the chamber, and your vapor comes out of that. The tip that goes into the balloon is plastic though.

As far as melting/warping, I haven’t had any issues with my unit purchased March 2021. I’ve left it on there to the point where the plastic is hot to the touch and seen no deformity.

WildWillie,

Green Kiwi

Hi Ted , you might have read my experience, witch was disappointing to say the least.
BUT,that was the original lot that came with hybrid, (I ordered 3 extra at the time , they all were shit! I could squeeze them almost flat between my fingers.(and when I think back of it, it did make me cough,but I also didn't have the Obsidian yet...:hmm:
In a desperate attempt ,to get it working(because I read the positive feedback here), I ordered from 5 different suppliers 2 sets of bowl holders and reducer bowls, I am now after say a pound or two(possibly 3+:science::freak:)still on my first replacement. they last and don't melt.(So I might have a lifetime supply in stock now., lol)
also they are way stiffer, there's no way I can squeeze these ones with my fingers.

Soo , I think I just had a bad(first??) batch, and they(S&B)realised there was a problem and they fixed it. just as the fix for the bowl was ceramic.
The little thing that still annoys me , is that they never did a recall, or, responded to mails about this.
they just fixed it without any communication ,with us as community.
Anyway, I can only recommend, the hybrid now, especially when you get an Obsidian, it's a very enjoyable and super efficient ,and imho, the taste is lasting quite long, staying fresh in taste,... love THIS fact.
:2c::leaf:.
hope this helps you or others with the decision,because it's imho a fantastic vaporiser, to have in your life.:2c:.

Ted Striker

I mean, I don’t know if there is any potential offgassing. If there is, much shouldn’t be in the vapor path since the chamber is physically touching the Volcano Hybrid unit, then a stainless steel component seals onto the chamber, and your vapor comes out of that. The tip that goes into the balloon is plastic though.

As far as melting/warping, I haven’t had any issues with my unit purchased March 2021. I’ve left it on there to the point where the plastic is hot to the touch and seen no deformity.
Thanks sir appreciate the feedback. The new Onyx has my eye so definitely appreciate the real review. This makes me feel a lot better!

Hi Ted , you might have read my experience, witch was disappointing to say the least.
BUT,that was the original lot that came with hybrid, (I ordered 3 extra at the time , they all were shit! I could squeeze them almost flat between my fingers.(and when I think back of it, it did make me cough,but I also didn't have the Obsidian yet...:hmm:
In a desperate attempt ,to get it working(because I read the positive feedback here), I ordered from 5 different suppliers 2 sets of bowl holders and reducer bowls, I am now after say a pound or two(possibly 3+:science::freak:)still on my first replacement. they last and don't melt.(So I might have a lifetime supply in stock now., lol)
also they are way stiffer, there's no way I can squeeze these ones with my fingers.

Soo , I think I just had a bad(first??) batch, and they(S&B)realised there was a problem and they fixed it. just as the fix for the bowl was ceramic.
The little thing that still annoys me , is that they never did a recall, or, responded to mails about this.
they just fixed it without any communication ,with us as community.
Anyway, I can only recommend, the hybrid now, especially when you get an Obsidian, it's a very enjoyable and super efficient ,and imho, the taste is lasting quite long, staying fresh in taste,... love THIS fact.
:2c::leaf:.
hope this helps you or others with the decision,because it's imho a fantastic vaporiser, to have in your life.:2c:.
Super appreciate this feedback! The Onyx hybrid has caught my eye and hopefully they all come with the new parts. This definitely puts my mind at ease as tried a lot of vapes and always come back to missing my Volcano. Currently rocking my TinyMight and just miss my Volcano :-) Even bought a bag to store my last one so I can take it with me on a local vacation.

This definitely helps and makes me feel comfortable with jumping back on board again! Thanks!

Sha~Bang

Happy Friday, volcano people! I just got my Hybrid after lurking on this board for a long time. Had a Classic but lost it 10 yrs ago. Been using a Mighty for past 2 yrs.

I love the fast heat up time, conduction, and stronger air pump in this one. The Classic was awesome and I might still buy one if it was priced right, for old times sake. I also enjoy using the reducer with the capsules. Those are great for smaller solo sessions sometimes

This Hybrid is super strong! It hits me like a truck and seems stronger than the classic. Love having the option of whip or bags. I use the bags most of the time.

Can anyone recommend a good after market bag? I used Turkey oven bags with my Classic but they’re even noisier than S and Ba bags, ha.

Andy

I have given up on my Volcano Hybrid. It’s now put up in the attic. After my original J hook broke, I bought a couple extras. Those also broke right away so I hit up S&B. I received two replacement J hooks from them that both broke in a few days. They abandoned support and said it’s wear and tear and on me.
Honestly, if it wasn’t for the J hooks, this would have been my favorite. It extracts efficiently, with great flavor, almost zero air restriction, and the learning curve is nonexistent. So yeah, I love it… Only other gripe I can think of is I do find it a bit ugly- but I can deal. New J hook every few days on the other hand.. big time deal breaker.
Anyways, I gave up on it and moved on.. Hopefully mine was a one off and you guys get better results! 💨

Ted Striker

Thanks sir appreciate the feedback. The new Onyx has my eye so definitely appreciate the real review. This makes me feel a lot better!

Super appreciate this feedback! The Onyx hybrid has caught my eye and hopefully they all come with the new parts. This definitely puts my mind at ease as tried a lot of vapes and always come back to missing my Volcano. Currently rocking my TinyMight and just miss my Volcano :-) Even bought a bag to store my last one so I can take it with me on a local vacation.

This definitely helps and makes me feel comfortable with jumping back on board again! Thanks!
Just ordered a Hybrid Onyx from Planet Of Vapes w/ their usual %15 off as they just got ‘em in stock.

so, on to accessories. I picked up some mouth pieces for the whip, a chamber reducer and a wear n tear set.

My question is about the Obsidian. I see a lot of you swear buy it. Is it as good as it sounds? Can it be used for both the whip and bags? Can anyone explain the best way to use it?

Ted Striker,

Green Kiwi

Just ordered a Hybrid Onyx from Planet Of Vapes w/ their usual %15 off as they just got ‘em in stock.

so, on to accessories. I picked up some mouth pieces for the whip, a chamber reducer and a wear n tear set.

My question is about the Obsidian. I see a lot of you swear buy it. Is it as good as it sounds? Can it be used for both the whip and bags? Can anyone explain the best way to use it?
Hi Ted, imho the obsidian is essential to enjoy the volcano.
I love using it with the whip.at the moment 90%, also really milks op your bong with a short whip.
i do not use the obsidian when I use the bong.
Bags I use with guests. trough the obsidian.
I bought 10 meters of S&B medical tube, but have found out that I actually am enjoying the taste of a seasoned whip.
So I m still on the first whip, after possibly 3 pounds of herb. the obsidian keeps the whip clean from oil, but funny enough, does discolour the whip.
Its now almost S&B orange at the side you connect to the obsidian. but still 100%at the mouth pice end.:sherlock:.

Anyone any explanation for that?
Also Congrats on your Onyx:tup:,i think it looks so cool that I am contemplating spray painting that colour on my"shiny "hybrid.:freak:.

Top Bottom