• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Kins

I just recently shipped my Volcano Hybrid back for warranty repair or replacement. They shipped me out a replacement and I just got it. It's working amazing. Hitting hard and full of flavor. Had to get some fresh flower today so I got an 1/8th of Quantum Kush and they threw in a free pre-roll of Kosher Kush. So I opened up the pre-roll and only vaped about 1/4 of it and I feel nice....ABV is perfectly evenly cooked. Forgot how much I love this thing. By the way this is fastest experience I've ever had with them. Turnaround time only a week and a few days.

Kins

I swear that this new one hits harder than the one I sent in for service!. It's much smoother too. Maybe my first one was really screwed up even since I first got it. The housing looks different to me, almost like the metal piece is shorter. Or it's just me.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

I swear that this new one hits harder than the one I sent in for service!. It's much smoother too. Maybe my first one was really screwed up even since I first got it. The housing looks different to me, almost like the metal piece is shorter. Or it's just me.

Well now you have to show us some pics to compare. And if I'm comparing I might as well fire up a bag :D.

Kins

I got the last bit of some good quantum kush in my VH and I got caught up doing something else.....Damn now it stinks, I salvaged a big thick bag though. Ran it at the highest temp. Very rough!. Could probally get a few more bags out of it but I don't really like it when they taste this strong of AVB. I can handle a "toasted" flavor like when it first turns to AVB. This though....yuck. Sucks because it was that bit of the "good stuff". It also may have to do with the fact that I used a different grinder than my regular also. Seems it grinds it finer so I guess it "cooked" faster due to smaller fine and tiny pieces. It was light and airy almost felt like sand when you run your fingers though it. I'm talking about .....Oh yeah, I used my GR8TR V2 grinder with the medium disc. I gotta try that again. I love my Crown Flower mill but this change is worth keeping....

Last edited:
Kins,
DazVapesNow,

Kins

just ordered the classic gold edition ! https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/co...orizers/products/volcano-classic-gold-edition

Not sure if I should of saved £100 and got the classic normal though? https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/co...volcano-vaporizer-classic-with-easy-valve-set

or spent an extra £100 and got the hybrid? https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/co.../products/volcano-hybrid-vaporizer-uk-version

It's not too late to change it so any feedback is welcome!

I would have purchased the hybrid because it's the newest version.

Kins,
I struggled with the same decision and landed on the Hybrid. Super-happy with that decision as it's quite the versatile desktop unit. Thought I would hate the bags but I use them all the time.

pigeonfarmboy,
Reactions: Ratatat

shopdognyc

just ordered the classic gold edition ! https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/co...orizers/products/volcano-classic-gold-edition

Not sure if I should of saved £100 and got the classic normal though? https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/co...volcano-vaporizer-classic-with-easy-valve-set

or spent an extra £100 and got the hybrid? https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/co.../products/volcano-hybrid-vaporizer-uk-version

It's not too late to change it so any feedback is welcome!
Not a Volcano user yet, but seems that most vote for the older tried and true. I think read issues with the latest, but maybe not.

Save a couple hundred with the classic.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
I struggled with the same decision and landed on the Hybrid. Super-happy with that decision as it's quite the versatile desktop unit. Thought I would hate the bags but I use them all the time.

I love the volcano bags they let you make a vapour thats not natural by stacking temperatures in a bag - to me that combination of temps gives the vapour a great inhale/exhale feeling - the whip is a bit better for taste I think the bags mute the taste a little bit but still good

Ratatat,

cooper

I love my volcano hybrid. I've had it for a couple of months and I'm only just starting to realize how versatile the thing is. I like bags and typical bag vape that the volcano is known for but I'm discovering ways of getting extremely dense, low volume clouds from small doses by tight packing the reducing chamber and chocking the weed puck with a empty dosing cap. It hits like a sledge hammer, especially if i leave the weed to heat soak for a minute or two before I hit it :) I feed it into my bong because it feels right.

shopdognyc

It had problems early on with aluminum dust on the conduction ring, but that has been resolved now. It's all in the early part of the thread.

:peace:
thats right. my cousin had one and told me he already took care of it. that was the thing.

shopdognyc,

justcametomind

There still
It had problems early on with aluminum dust on the conduction ring, but that has been resolved now. It's all in the early part of the thread.

:peace:
The partially melted and blackened easy valve on Hybrids were relatable to user error or there’s still debate? I guess the fault was leaving the chamber indefinitely on top and using the whip on hours long sessions but I’d be still uncomfortable if I had to get or recommend a Hybrid to someone.

justcametomind,
Reactions: Greenteam

cooper

Im calling this the "puck yes" packing technique. This gets the best clouds from small doses.

Loosely fill reduction chamber
20200930_154819_copy_1783x1722.jpg

Pack it down with a empty dosing cap while supporting the underside of the screen with a finger so that it doesn't pop out.
20200930_155213_copy_1783x1646.jpg

Screw the lid on (leave the cap in there) Attach to hot machine and wait 1 to 2 minutes for the weed to heat soak before one hitting it. 20200930_154802_copy_1783x2980.jpg20200930_154938_copy_1783x2650.jpg
It makes little ABV pucks.

20200930_154841_copy_1783x1783.jpgTight packing the volcano is the key to maximising the density of the vape but it's not really made to be used that way. I'd like to see S&B make another chamber that's better designed to handle a hard pack.

Last edited:

mightyhigh

curious about getting one of these hybrids. I do have the classic that is still ticking along like a tank. solid valve just busted so i ordered an easy valve starter set. considering buying a hybrid, but i want to find a good deal. thinking ill wait for an april sale. can someone point me towards the best possible sites to purchase from. I'm thinking I'll like the hose - wish there was some way to test out. Not really plausible these days even if a friend had one.

silverharbinger

curious about getting one of these hybrids. I do have the classic that is still ticking along like a tank. solid valve just busted so i ordered an easy valve starter set. considering buying a hybrid, but i want to find a good deal. thinking ill wait for an april sale. can someone point me towards the best possible sites to purchase from. I'm thinking I'll like the hose - wish there was some way to test out. Not really plausible these days even if a friend had one.
The hybrid is a really good choice. It hits hard, the flavor is not bad all things considered, and it heats up quick. The whip is my preferred way to use it, but from looking around a very little I didn't see what I would call good deals out there from any sellers I have worked with. Getting a used one is probably going to get you something closer to good (say $100 or so off MSRP).

By the time you factor in a chamber reducer set (which is a must have IMO) you'll be spending close to full price for it if you get one new with a discount code.

And if you want to try one out come on by. I have extra long hoses, spare bags and mouth pieces. We can make this work! :tup:

silverharbinger,
Reactions: mightyhigh

Kins

The hybrid is a really good choice. It hits hard, the flavor is not bad all things considered, and it heats up quick. The whip is my preferred way to use it, but from looking around a very little I didn't see what I would call good deals out there from any sellers I have worked with. Getting a used one is probably going to get you something closer to good (say $100 or so off MSRP).

By the time you factor in a chamber reducer set (which is a must have IMO) you'll be spending close to full price for it if you get one new with a discount code.

And if you want to try one out come on by. I have extra long hoses, spare bags and mouth pieces. We can make this work! :tup:

Here is a good site for coupons. My opinion just don't use weedapedia. You can get over $153.43 off with the Cream City Vapes coupon. The Chamber reducer is something you definitely don't need. If you were gonna purchase it though it's only a little over $12,

Coupons

Filling Chamber Reducer

Personally I wouldn't purchase any accessories with it. Wait till you use it and get used to it first.

silverharbinger

Here is a good site for coupons. My opinion just don't use weedapedia. You can get over $153.43 off with the Cream City Vapes coupon. The Chamber reducer is something you definitely don't need. If you were gonna purchase it though it's only a little over $12,

Coupons

Filling Chamber Reducer

Personally I wouldn't purchase any accessories with it. Wait till you use it and get used to it first.
Like I said I haven't worked with cream city vapes, or anyone else that was offering any lower discounts than $80 on a new one. I know that some people have, but I haven't personally so I couldn't vouch for them.

And the reason I recommend getting the full chamber reducer set is it is ideal for single person casual use which is exactly how I use it. In my experience it paid for itself super fast. You can use the concentrate pad and it is similar, but I don't think that it functions quite as well. Having it in its own housing and not having to swap it out makes it easier to use overall, but hey, if you end up not really liking it then getting an accessory wouldn't be a good thing.

I'll just say this. Speaking personally if I did not have the chamber reducer system at the start (I own more than one now) I would have sold off the vaporizer over a year ago.

silverharbinger,
Reactions: mightyhigh

SeatownHaze

I have ordered from cream city vapes and they are legit. Lowest prices on S&B products that I've found. Quick to ship and very responsive over email.

Any of you guys also have a flowerpot/herborizer/Supreme style vape? How would you compare the efficiency and potency of the vapor from these vs. the hybrid? Trying to understand which one gets you higher for longer with about 0.1g (if there's a difference). I know there are a lot of other differences but this one is the hardest to get info on.

dhacmbs

Anyone have an issue with the clips breaking? All my clips have broke off and I haven’t even had the thing for a month

dhacmbs,

dhacmbs

Do you mean the clips on the orange plastic chamber housing that hold the metal bowl in?
Both so the 3 clips on the orange and then also the clips holding the upper bowl on the upper black portion. All have broke off. Just bought the thing 2 weeks ago

dhacmbs,
Top Bottom