• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
you guys ever looked into making a protector for the piece? mine fell 3 feet on a carpet and broke. I think something like the evo vape exhales case would we sweet with it. If nonthing else would give my piece of mind back
Thanks for the feedback! We intended for the foam lined box to the be protective unit for it, but from your guy's feedback we're instead looking into a sleeve type deal that also dissipates heat a bit more so you can grab it anywhere after filling a bag as opposed to just the top part because of the hot bottom. We haven't found anything we're happy with yet, but we'll surely let you guys know when we do!

Magma_Industries,
Initial testing of the Obsidian is positive. I noticed more flavor even at the end of the second bag, less-dry vapor, and lower temps in the bag right from the Volcano. I do experience a few visible water droplets in the bag even after leaving the filling chamber mounted to the EZ valve overnight. I'm still in the honeymoon phase on the Hybrid but my initial impression is the Obsidian makes enough of a difference to justify the extra cost.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Initial testing of the Obsidian is positive. I noticed more flavor even at the end of the second bag, less-dry vapor, and lower temps in the bag right from the Volcano. I do experience a few visible water droplets in the bag even after leaving the filling chamber mounted to the EZ valve overnight. I'm still in the honeymoon phase on the Hybrid but my initial impression is the Obsidian makes enough of a difference to justify the extra cost.
Thanks for the feedback! We always recommend airing out the bag, but honestly I've personally become a bit complacent and just leave the bag as is with the water moisture after my sessions. I was consciously checking for signs of growth/mold/mildew/anything weird knowing that I wasn't properly airing it out, and I haven't noticed anything after multiple months of use on 4-5 different bags. So from experience I can say you don't have anything to worry about as it will dissipate eventually, especially if you use the recommended distilled water so you know there's nothing harmful that could deposit in the bag, but we do always recommend leaving on the chamber just like you did ;)

Magma_Industries,
Thanks for the feedback! We always recommend airing out the bag, but honestly I've personally become a bit complacent and just leave the bag as is with the water moisture after my sessions. I was consciously checking for signs of growth/mold/mildew/anything weird knowing that I wasn't properly airing it out, and I haven't noticed anything after multiple months of use on 4-5 different bags. So from experience I can say you don't have anything to worry about as it will dissipate eventually, especially if you use the recommended distilled water so you know there's nothing harmful that could deposit in the bag, but we do always recommend leaving on the chamber just like you did ;)
Yup, using distilled water. Is it normal for some water to get in the lower chamber or should I adjust fill level?

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Yup, using distilled water. Is it normal for some water to get in the lower chamber or should I adjust fill level?
Yea you should be good to go! If you're getting water reversal and it's going in to the bottom chamber, it's most likely from overfilling the BAG. When it expands and then the fan shuts off, it will contract and push water backwards. We recommend filling your bag 80% capacity, or until it just begins to stretch, and you should not have any water reversal.

MinnBobber

MiniVAP Flexicone modules in Hybrid Chamber Reducer??
Inquiring minds want to know.

I try to use miniVAP Flexicones in all vapes.
With a hemp paper circle in the Flexi lid, it filters out 99% of that ABV dust that gets created.

Will it work in the reducer??

MinnBobber,

That technique is way past where I would hit the material. Heat 10 seconds at 420, turn on the air and take in one big long power hit. That is it. Dump the material in a container and make butter. The coughing that the OP has is from what I am avoiding, maybe chlorophyl. I have put the chamber on and gotten distracted for a minute of so. The over cooked material vapor was harsh, tasted bad, and made me hack.

Leaving the chamber on the machine so long is probably why the orange lower halfs are being destroyed.

wizzbang

The hybrid chamber that I got a week ago is actually falling apart as the orange half has pieces breaking off of it which is surprising. Is this common? Can anyone possibly recommend any shops that will ship authentic replacement chambers quickly? Is the reducer chamber combo worth $60?

Yes very common, we've been complaining for almost a year now. For any kind of heavy user they only last about a month tops before just falling apart. You can go thru this thread and see many housing units charred and falling apart. Storz and Bickel are pretty much completely dark about it at this point.

wizzbang,

wizzbang

Ive had my Volcano for a few months now my filling chamber looks brand new - i just don't leave it on there when not using it - really easy to maintain.

How often do you actually use it though? This is a clear defect that has been proven many times on this forum. I've had the hybrid since launch and every single housing unit falls apart eventually. This mainly happens to heavy users. 30+ bags a day. Doesn't matter how much you clean it the plastic just degrades because its cheap BS. I love my hybrid but the housing units are absolute junk and Storz and Bickel know it.

Kins

The filling chamber is the grey piece that snaps into housing which is the orange piece. I don't know if that grey piece actually comes with new housings, I don't think it does. I'm not even sure if you can purchase them separately.

Is this something new on the site?

Looks like they are giving them away for free. Or is this something else?. I think there site is all messed up. They took away all the accessories and the ability to purchase them. Hmmm. I don't know what's going on.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
How often do you actually use it though? This is a clear defect that has been proven many times on this forum. I've had the hybrid since launch and every single housing unit falls apart eventually. This mainly happens to heavy users. 30+ bags a day. Doesn't matter how much you clean it the plastic just degrades because its cheap BS. I love my hybrid but the housing units are absolute junk and Storz and Bickel know it.

30 bags a day is something beyond heavy users imo lols, I personally max out around 4-6 bags daily when im working during week but when not working will use more (8-10 maybe a day?). Im not using it to medicate i just like the high.

I have other vapes too and end up vaping smoking thru around 2-3 ounces a month in total between my fav vapes and combustion - I consider my usage of the volcano heavy but im nowhere near 30 bags a day

Cereal4dinner

30 bags holy shit lol, takes me 2 large hits from a quarter bag to get baked. i dont combust weed or smoke cigarettes tho... i heard regular smokers have trouble efficiently absorbing thc and terps. Another reason to switch or quit

weed diversity will help keep your tolerance down as well, if your using the same strain for a straight ounce your tolerance is going to sky rocket.

Cereal4dinner,
Reactions: Ratatat

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
30.....bags.....a......day

tenor.gif

With the clear whip tube you can see what is condensed on the inside. My technique of targeting the mono and sesqi terps, and avoiding whatever compound is shed before the active oils, leaves the inside of the whip tube really clean. There is a very light color liquid showing on the first 5-6" only. The balloons on my digit would get so sticky inside that they would stick together. Look at people's bongs and oil rigs, and there is lot of sticky condensation.

I would rather have the insides of my lungs look like the end of the whip, not the inside of a bong or dab rig.

flylowgethigh,

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
I think that Volcanoes in most crowded Dutch coffee shops used to handle dozens of bags a day. 30 shouldn’t be a problem. It only takes 2 patients doing a bag per hour a day to reach that number.

re Dutch coffee shops I don’t think vapes were big when I used to hang out at them plus I would goto much smaller shops outside of Amsterdam not the main city so I’ve never see a vape in one (shoutout Mazzelaar in Den Haag)

Thinking about it - 2 patients doing a bag per hour each over 15 hours shouldn’t create the type of damage to the filling chamber the poster is getting from vaping 30 bags a day

I can’t even imagine vaping that much weed 15 bags a day to me is about the same level of ‘wow really?!?’ as 30 bags is - again I’m coming from a recreational use perspective

Last edited:
Ratatat,

SquirrelMaster

15 bags per day isn't hard to work up to in my experience. I've peaked at that with a full bowl (0.5g) giving 5 bags and doing it three times per day. I couldn't see straight all day but it's doable :lol:. My medical use doesn't demand anywhere near that unless I'm careless and let my tolerance shoot up, but for medical users with extreme chronic pain I wouldn't doubt it as well as households where multiple people vape.

The Volcano is marketed as a medical device in some markets and the Medic version is barely different besides something on the mouth piece and a lower top limit temperature. If chambers are still melting on Hybrids, even if rarely, how likely are they to melt on a device marketed as medical?

My October/November Hybrid housing chamber had some small char marks but my replacements, specifically one that I've used the most, is fine so far. There isn't a mark on it.

If a user is having issues as bad as the pictures we've seen in the past then S&B should be sending them a new Hybrid to test out the melting Hybrid unit in house to see if it's something unique to that device.

Top Bottom