Volcano Hybrid

Socks And Sandals

Quick question, has this problem with the chamber been fixed? I recently returned my Mighty to PIU because it was defective and I didn't want to argue with them about the fact. I am really trying to decide whether to just bite the bullet with the Hybrid or try the mighty again or just pick up my beloved and missed Plenty which I loved so much?

Also does S&B do black friday sales? It's going to be hard to wait till November.. and for what? $100 off maybe? I know they did a 420 sale for just the weekend so I'm assuming they do. I would rather go directly through them this time and hope Oakland opens soon because I'm in CA..

I liked the mighty, but it kept dropping 20 degrees after every draw.. I'm kind of put off by it now even though I know it was really just a defective unit. Should I give it a second chance or save 100 bucks and pick up the Plenty or just say F it and go for the Hybrid?

Could really use some sound advice here, even though my gut instinct says just make the jump to the Volcano now..

Socks And Sandals,

blackstone

It sounds like you can use this vape lots of ways and we're all different!
I'll have to try that terp hitting sometime, but good thinking on the birds nest bowl filling @flylowgethigh
Also it sounds like you could export your ABV to countries like mine when you're done! Easy if the cops cant smell it:lol:

So far I use this vape like a Mighty/Crafty using the whip, and the capsule reducer works really well in this model. 216C (420F) for tiny loads with a 60 second heat soak.
And for more full capsules I start at 197C and boost to 214C or so, very nice. I might try a 90 second heatsoak with fuller capsules soon, thanks @Baron23 for this idea. I tried this with small loads and the clouds with whip are instant.
I was doing the fan burst like the manual says, that works out quicker but not sure what I'll stick with.

The Hybrid heats so quick that it's a vape I turn on when I'm ready to vape and often switch off after, the other Volcanos need to be on sooner and tend to be on longer IME.
I like the different smells in the air/room after vaping with this, more caramel-y? And I can't keep my nose out of the whip adapter after, it smells so nice.

Things hit the shit here now so I'll just have to dream about trying a completely full capsule in it for the meantime, let alone a half full main bowl or something! Looking forward a lot to that kinda fun.

Quick question, has this problem with the chamber been fixed? I recently returned my Mighty to PIU because it was defective and I didn't want to argue with them about the fact. I am really trying to decide whether to just bite the bullet with the Hybrid or try the mighty again or just pick up my beloved and missed Plenty which I loved so much?

Also does S&B do black friday sales? It's going to be hard to wait till November.. and for what? $100 off maybe? I know they did a 420 sale for just the weekend so I'm assuming they do. I would rather go directly through them this time and hope Oakland opens soon because I'm in CA..

I liked the mighty, but it kept dropping 20 degrees after every draw.. I'm kind of put off by it now even though I know it was really just a defective unit. Should I give it a second chance or save 100 bucks and pick up the Plenty or just say F it and go for the Hybrid?

Could really use some sound advice here, even though my gut instinct says just make the jump to the Volcano now..

And S&B regularly do Black Friday and 4/20, both normally 20% off.
If you want 30% or more off or hoping for something sooner I'd advise joining Namaste and Herbalize store's newsletter to watch for sales, but that's just me!
The Mighty is good too, and Crafty i can say!

Socks And Sandals

It sounds like you can use this vape lots of ways and we're all different!
I'll have to try that terp hitting sometime, but good thinking on the birds nest bowl filling @flylowgethigh
Also it sounds like you could export your ABV to countries like mine when you're done! Easy if the cops cant smell it:lol:

So far I use this vape like a Mighty/Crafty using the whip, and the capsule reducer works really well in this model. 216C (420F) for tiny loads with a 60 second heat soak.
And for more full capsules I start at 197C and boost to 214C or so, very nice. I might try a 90 second heatsoak with fuller capsules soon, thanks @Baron23 for this idea. I tried this with small loads and the clouds with whip are instant.
I was doing the fan burst like the manual says, that works out quicker but not sure what I'll stick with.

The Hybrid heats so quick that it's a vape I turn on when I'm ready to vape and often switch off after, the other Volcanos need to be on sooner and tend to be on longer IME.
I like the different smells in the air/room after vaping with this, more caramel-y? And I can't keep my nose out of the whip adapter after, it smells so nice.

Things hit the shit here now so I'll just have to dream about trying a completely full capsule in it for the meantime, let alone a half full main bowl or something! Looking forward a lot to that kinda fun.

And S&B regularly do Black Friday and 4/20, both normally 20% off.
If you want 30% or more off or hoping for something sooner I'd advise joining Namaste and Herbalize store's newsletter to watch for sales, but that's just me!
The Mighty is good too, and Crafty i can say!

Thank you!

Socks And Sandals,
Reactions: blackstone

SquirrelMaster

I did a cleaning on my chamber yesterday and my plastic was spotless, not a mark on it and I haven't been gentle. My original had developed char marks and these newer ones were from the green friday sale. I've been maxing the temperature out every 2 or 3 nights to put me down. I get pretty dazed so the chamber sits there for a few minutes. The new coated bowl on the other hand, it looks nasty. I can't get it clean, it's stained and that's after a short ISO soak and a q-tip scrub. I can't remember if it still smelt but the staining didn't look great. I want someone to make stainless steel parts that can be cleaned spotless to satisfy my OCD tendencies. Anyone else experience discoloration on the updated bowl?

I keep grabbing a 14mm male to 18mm male to use bags through my china mobius matrix and that helps tremendously with the hot vapour. It's a great option if you can't shell out for a Magma. I like a right angle glass whip adapter to 14mm/18mm as well but I'm trying to keep my whip semi-clean until I order more and I think you can only get the bulk whip box directly from S&B who need to play catch up.

Still love this bugger. Bags are my favorite.

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
I did a cleaning on my chamber yesterday and my plastic was spotless, not a mark on it and I haven't been gentle. My original had developed char marks and these newer ones were from the green friday sale. I've been maxing the temperature out every 2 or 3 nights to put me down. I get pretty dazed so the chamber sits there for a few minutes. The new coated bowl on the other hand, it looks nasty. I can't get it clean, it's stained and that's after a short ISO soak and a q-tip scrub. I can't remember if it still smelt but the staining didn't look great. I want someone to make stainless steel parts that can be cleaned spotless to satisfy my OCD tendencies. Anyone else experience discoloration on the updated bowl?

I keep grabbing a 14mm male to 18mm male to use bags through my china mobius matrix and that helps tremendously with the hot vapour. It's a great option if you can't shell out for a Magma. I like a right angle glass whip adapter to 14mm/18mm as well but I'm trying to keep my whip semi-clean until I order more and I think you can only get the bulk whip box directly from S&B who need to play catch up.

Still love this bugger. Bags are my favorite.

Hmmmm... maybe that's why S&B has gone dark.
I received nothing from them, no chambers or reducer.
Just figured they are going out of business.
Won't even answer emails after saying they were going
to fix this and I registered for those parts.
I'm just wiping mine down & getting ripped off the many
ways to use this beast.
Canopy is a crap company abd I hope S&B gets sold off to
someone who cares about safety & commitments to warranty.

tennisguru1,

Baron23

Anyone else experience discoloration on the updated bowl?
Ah no....not really. They are a copper brownish but I seem to remember them coming to me this color.

I do understand that we all may well have differing ways of looking at stuff like this, but as long as its clean and works I really don't care what color it is.

I too have no had any charring or other issues and I too run at max temp for pain and sedation at night.

Still loving it.

You guys amaze me. I have had this Hybrid since Feb when they came out with the coated chambers, and it is stout. That is, except for the display. The digit had a better display. I have overheated the orange lower half (was too stoned to remember to take a hit) and one of the retaining tabs is broken off. If you leave that chamber on the heater longer than 30 seconds you will ruin the material IMO, and can hurt the orange part. I dump the chamber while it is still hot, otherwise I have to dig the used material out as the remaining oils have hardened.

My chambers look like hard-anodized aluminum, dark gray, and it cleans nicely when warm cause the oils are melted. It hasn't scratched from using metal to remove cooled and hardened material by scraping. There is discoloration on the lower chamber where the screen has glued itself to the lower half, but so what? It is the upper half that needs to be soaked in Ethanol every now and then. Wipe the metal parts off with a clean paper towel, while they are warm, and they are just fine.

I have been communicating with Creme City Vapes. They say Mightys are in production now, and soon Hybrids will be too. I am gonna get another Hybrid, so I am not without while the display on the one I have gets fixed. CCV is gonna give me the same killer deal I got back on Great Friday on the new one - Thanks Sam. I will give the one I have to a guy who has lung cancer and wants to do the terp-stripping technique. I wanted to get him a Arizer EQ, but I have my doubts that the little fan would be stout enough. Plus, china, so you can't get them. He can deal with Oakland and the display.

IMO, overcooking your material is hurting your lungs with chlorophyll, and ruining the ABV, and thus the butter, if you do edibles from ABV. My cookies are the bomb, and I have sleep reports to prove the CBN, that is formed from the THC when making the butter, works for excellent sleep. No need to decarb the ABV either. Everyone that has tried them says the same thing - yummy sleeping pills. During the day I just get high, lazy, and takative from eating a cookie. BTW, there have been studies of ABV, and the active oils are still there in good amounts. Mine is still green color.

flylowgethigh,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You guys amaze me. I have had this Hybrid since Feb when they came out with the coated chambers, and it is stout. That is, except for the display. The digit had a better display. I have overheated the orange lower half (was too stoned to remember to take a hit) and one of the retaining tabs is broken off. If you leave that chamber on the heater longer than 30 seconds you will ruin the material IMO, and can hurt the orange part. I dump the chamber while it is still hot, otherwise I have to dig the used material out as the remaining oils have hardened.

My chambers look like hard-anodized aluminum, dark gray, and it cleans nicely when warm cause the oils are melted. It hasn't scratched from using metal to remove cooled and hardened material by scraping. There is discoloration on the lower chamber where the screen has glued itself to the lower half, but so what? It is the upper half that needs to be soaked in Ethanol every now and then. Wipe the metal parts off with a clean paper towel, while they are warm, and they are just fine.

I have been communicating with Creme City Vapes. They say Mightys are in production now, and soon Hybrids will be too. I am gonna get another Hybrid, so I am not without while the display on the one I have gets fixed. CCV is gonna give me the same killer deal I got back on Great Friday on the new one - Thanks Sam. I will give the one I have to a guy who has lung cancer and wants to do the terp-stripping technique. I wanted to get him a Arizer EQ, but I have my doubts that the little fan would be stout enough. Plus, china, so you can't get them. He can deal with Oakland and the display.

IMO, overcooking your material is hurting your lungs with chlorophyll, and ruining the ABV, and thus the butter, if you do edibles from ABV. My cookies are the bomb, and I have sleep reports to prove the CBN, that is formed from the THC when making the butter, works for excellent sleep. No need to decarb the ABV either. Everyone that has tried them says the same thing - yummy sleeping pills. During the day I just get high, lazy, and takative from eating a cookie. BTW, there have been studies of ABV, and the active oils are still there in good amounts. Mine is still green color.

I honestly can't imagine much, if any CBN being formed from one hit off a whip, green ABV, and no further decarboxylation.
I would reckon the potency you're seeing in your cookies comes from vaping almost none of the THC off the herb. How long are you infusing your ABV into butter?

invertedisdead,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Let's all just face the facts.
How fucking stoned out of mind was the head designer who thought that making a whip design would not melt the plastic,
(WHIP REQUIRES YOU LEAVE IT ON HEATER AND MAKE IT FLARE HOTTER WITH DRAWING)
What a Dumb Ass stupid design ! PERIOD.
Can anyone disagree? If you have both og & Hybrid you know how stupid this design is.
Too bad, the heater & blower with quick alum heat up is great.

tennisguru1,
Mr.Invertedisdead, the ABV goes into the butter, which is used to make cookies. The CBN is formed while the butter is absorbing the oils at 212* for 6 or so hours, in a crock pot with as much water as butter. That is also why a decarb step in the oven 250* for 30 mins isn't needed, cause it happens in the butter phase. I may be wrong because I have never tested the same batch of ABV, half decarbed and half not, in a lab, for potency. I have made cookies with and without the decarb step, and found no difference experimentally. The lechithin is added when the butter is warmed to make the cookies, about a tsp to 1/2 cup butter. That is for the people who say they don't get affected by edibles. If you don't need it, don't add it.

I disagree Tennisguru. With the whip, I heat the chamber for 20 seconds. Depending on how big your bag is, and if you pre-heat the chamber before kicking on the fan - the orange part will see the heat a lot longer with a bag than with a whip. Lungs can only hold so much when using a whip on a power hit, and IMO the material is done after one hit. Terps are stripped. Now the chlorophyll will steam off in a deadly mist when you dump the hot ABV in the container. After it cools, you can vape it again at a hotter temp to get those oils, even into a bag, but I like the edible effects.

OK, I came in here cause some mod decided after all this time to let me post. Also, I was curious about the EQ, but have decided it is a toy compared to the Hybrid. Besides, you can't get them, and the only guy I know who has one sold it here. So, I am getting another Hybrid as soon as S&B makes it, and CCV can ship it. My current Hybrid is going to a brother who has lung cancer and wants to try this. He is already eating oil caps, cause he can't toke anymore. We got him an O2 concentrator, and he has an SPO2 meter. OBTW, my SPO2 goes up when I terp-strip, frpm 95 to 99. I want to get some good hemp and try that, because some is pretty tasty and has the terps too.

My damage here is done... carry on.

flylowgethigh,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!
Mr.Invertedisdead, the ABV goes into the butter, which is used to make cookies. The CBN is formed while the butter is absorbing the oils at 212* for 6 or so hours, in a crock pot with as much water as butter. That is also why a decarb step in the oven 250* for 30 mins isn't needed, cause it happens in the butter phase. I may be wrong because I have never tested the same batch of ABV, half decarbed and half not, in a lab, for potency. I have made cookies with and without the decarb step, and found no difference experimentally. The lechithin is added when the butter is warmed to make the cookies, about a tsp to 1/2 cup butter. That is for the people who say they don't get affected by edibles. If you don't need it, don't add it.

I disagree Tennisguru. With the whip, I heat the chamber for 20 seconds. Depending on how big your bag is, and if you pre-heat the chamber before kicking on the fan - the orange part will see the heat a lot longer with a bag than with a whip. Lungs can only hold so much when using a whip on a power hit, and IMO the material is done after one hit. Terps are stripped. Now the chlorophyll will steam off in a deadly mist when you dump the hot ABV in the container. After it cools, you can vape it again at a hotter temp to get those oils, even into a bag, but I like the edible effects.

OK, I came in here cause some mod decided after all this time to let me post. Also, I was curious about the EQ, but have decided it is a toy compared to the Hybrid. Besides, you can't get them, and the only guy I know who has one sold it here. So, I am getting another Hybrid as soon as S&B makes it, and CCV can ship it. My current Hybrid is going to a brother who has lung cancer and wants to try this. He is already eating oil caps, cause he can't toke anymore. We got him an O2 concentrator, and he has an SPO2 meter. OBTW, my SPO2 goes up when I terp-strip, frpm 95 to 99. I want to get some good hemp and try that, because some is pretty tasty and has the terps too.

My damage here is done... carry on.

Interesting different tokes for different folks...
I run my whip directly into my bong and hit the shit out of it, lol.
I also reverse the whole thing and have equivalent of a manga filling balloons.
No alum dust gets thru I guarantee it lol

tennisguru1,

Baron23

If you leave that chamber on the heater longer than 30 seconds you will ruin the material IMO, and can hurt the orange part.

I disagree strongly on the basis that I leave my loaded chamber on the base unit for a timed 90 seconds before hitting the fan button and I have absolutely zero burnt or charred plastic.

I will also offer a caution as you seem to be new to the board.

There is a very wide spectrum of personal objectives and desired outcome from using cannabis. If you view it as a Gaussian distribution (think bell shaped curve) the I would hazard the guess that you lay well to a far end of that distribution.

The caution is to be careful to not generalize your personal use case and technique to others, and in particular to watch out for doing so in absolutist terms.

For example, there is pretty much nothing about how you described using cannabis that meets my requirements and desires.

See what I’m saying.

Cheers

Last edited:

blackstone

Hmmmm... maybe that's why S&B has gone dark.
I received nothing from them, no chambers or reducer.
Just figured they are going out of business.
They have not gone dark, and I doubt they're going out of business.
I ordered some accessories last week and got them in 2 business days.
They temporarily closed Oakland and posted an explanation about delays at the top of their USA site.

Let's all just face the facts.
How fucking stoned out of mind was the head designer who thought that making a whip design would not melt the plastic,
(WHIP REQUIRES YOU LEAVE IT ON HEATER AND MAKE IT FLARE HOTTER WITH DRAWING)
What a Dumb Ass stupid design ! PERIOD.
Can anyone disagree? If you have both og & Hybrid you know how stupid this design is.
Too bad, the heater & blower with quick alum heat up is great.

I have both and I can disagree. And in their portable vapes there is plastic which permanently surrounds, and sits directly on top of the aluminium bowl/heat exchanger cartridge.
And they have the Plenty, that works?
When I saw some bowl surrounds melting after the launch I just felt it was either a fault with individual units, incorrect operation, or more likely that somebody had gotten the plastic mixture or spec wrong.
The way I received it, I see this as designed very well for purpose with good placement of everything.
The manual says not to leave it on there for too long,
But I think we're okay to have a long session or three on it at any setting!
If you still completely space out, forget things and a tab does break on you then they are cheap to replace.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

No smell on my bowl, can't remember if I updated my post. Staining grosses me out but unless it's degrading, fuck it. Woke up at 4:30am with a migraine (that I went to bed with). Did nothing for 2 hours except look at grow lights like an idiot. Not a good idea to look at my phone but I need to get something ordered. Finally decide to medicate with a mixture of Charlotte's Web and Purple L.A. in the good 'ol 'Cano!

:zombie::leaf::ko:

This vape saves my life some days.

SquirrelMaster,
Melting plastic? What? Are you sure you guys arent just so high you accidently use a lighter thinking thats how you start a bowl? ... Yeah, the chamber design is a bit retarded but melting? I don't believe it, My cano has over 2,000 hours on it, I literally leave it on ALL day while I work, 12+ hours, it's MAYBE off for 1-2 hours while I eat lunch, and while I sleep for 4-5 hours a night, never once ever has it come close to even feeling soft enough to melt. I usually vape around 170-190C ... if you're vaping higher than that, I don't even get why you're vaping then. Buy better weed, @ 180 the clouds are so fat my office becomes more boxed than a snoop dog concert in 2 bowls.

rabidnz

I wish I could leave my volcano on. The auto shutoff paired with the astronomical heat up time of the digit make it a worse purchase than the classic in my opinion. It is seriously embarassing how far they've come in 20 years. Does the hybrid have this feature? I know it's not as pertinent with the quick heatups.

Baron23

I wish I could leave my volcano on. The auto shutoff paired with the astronomical heat up time of the digit make it a worse purchase than the classic in my opinion. It is seriously embarassing how far they've come in 20 years. Does the hybrid have this feature? I know it's not as pertinent with the quick heatups.
Via the app, you can adjust auto-shut off up to four hours I believe.

Baron23,

rabidnz

Via the app, you can adjust auto-shut off up to four hours I believe.
That's awesome, because despite my slight disdain for s&b's slow and questionable progress and sellout to canopy, my new hybrid will arrive from Australia Monday next week and the digit will be passed along to my sis.

Thanks for chiming in!

rabidnz,
Reactions: Baron23

justcametomind

Are you implying Classic Cano heats up faster than digit? *_*

justcametomind,

rabidnz

No, I'm comparing my digit to the hybrid. The classic and the digit are both hilariously slow to heat up for a device of this cost and pedigree.

rabidnz,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
No, I'm comparing my digit to the hybrid. The classic and the digit are both hilariously slow to heat up for a device of this cost and pedigree.

I would say it’s comparable to the heat up time of most 20+ year old vaporizer designs. Can’t say I’ve ever found it to be much of an issue. Truthfully ~5 or so minutes for a Volcano to warm up is actually pretty impressive for the time as some of the vintage log vapes from that era took 30+ minutes to heat up.

Baron23

The melting plastic housings appear to be hit or miss. My first one did it. My second hasn't, and I've purposely abused it. I leave it on the Hybrid while it's on all day long...for months. So far I see nothing concerning with my new plastic housing.
That kind of supports my speculation that somebody screwed up and used the wrong plastic formulation on som early ovens.

My Hybrid has absolutely no charting or melting.

rabidnz

The digit is 13 years old, but still, it seems they spent all their money to crush herbaliser instead of innovating on the idea. Herbaliser is still faster than the hybrid .

rabidnz,
Top Bottom