• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

conanOrien

Well guys I've got my pre-order in. Should have it in 3-4 weeks supposedly. Don't really have the extra money for accessories or extra parts right now. I'll order a few extra housings and accessories in a few weeks. I'm sure I'll be happy with my purchase. Plus with the 3 year warranty period I should be fine for a while.

Question, does anyone know where I can find a 6 foot silicone whip for the volcano?. 1M or 3ft is a bit small, or it seems like it would be anyway. I found 10 meters on the Storz & Bickel site but that's way more than I would need. Want to find 6 feet or 2M pre-cut. That way I don't cut it crooked by mistake and end up wasting some of it.

I just picked this up recently:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOWGGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can attest that it's a good fit to the Volcano parts. I've been using it on the end of my Magma Industries Obsidian.

It's been in rotation for a week or two without any visible discoloration, plant material buildup, or external stickiness. That's much better than the stock tubing did, but I credit this to the Obsidian.

This product is a bit thinner outer diameter than the S&B tubing. I think you might run in to some problems if you used tubing this thin right off of the heating chamber. I would guess that it would degrade faster and even potentially melt at higher temps. Aside from that, this also kinks way easier.

I wouldn't go for this if you aren't getting the Obsidian or Magma from day 1. It's working great for my situation though :)!

Another thought: I'm planning to check my local breweries/brewing supply stores for silicone tubing post pandemic. You may want to as well!

conanOrien,

Kins

Ok so what accessories or extras do you guys recommend from the site?,

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/parts-accessories/for-volcano

I'm thinking of purchasing the "Starter set" and now the tube reel 10 Meter. The starter set looks like the best deal for having a set of extra parts. Of course I'm gonna have to wait now till late next week or later to purchase these accessories. Might also add the air filter set and the air filter cap. Those are pretty cheap and seem like something definitely good to have on hand.

Kins,

conanOrien

Ok so what accessories or extras do you guys recommend from the site?,

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/parts-accessories/for-volcano

I'm thinking of purchasing the "Starter set" and now the tube reel 10 Meter. The starter set looks like the best deal for having a set of extra parts. Of course I'm gonna have to wait now till late next week or later to purchase these accessories. Might also add the air filter set and the air filter cap. Those are pretty cheap and seem like something definitely good to have on hand.

You may want the dosing capsule adapter, air filter(s), the wear/tear set, and an extra filling chamber housing. I also bought an extra easy valve bag with the sealing ring for easy bag replacement.

Dosing capsule adapter is good if you're interested in micro-dosing. I've heard some say that it increases conduction during vapor production which results in a more mighty-like experience. I don't have one, I just pack on top of the included liquid pad. You can use the adapter with or without the dosing capsules, just like the mighty.

Filling chamber housing in case one melts... knock on wood. You could also spend 5x as much and get a whole second chamber. It's not that bad of a deal in all honesty, there are tons of great use cases for a second bowl.

To be honest, I haven't used any of the additional accessories aside from new tubes/bags. I chose to buy aftermarket alternatives because they were cheaper and more readily available. I considered buying the starter set a few months ago, but I either have most of that stuff in my tool kit already or can get it in the smaller priced sets.

Another factor - do you want to clean the parts? Maintenance isn't so bad in my opinion, but it is a thing. If that's not your game, just buy doubles of everything and toss anything that can't be soaked in iso overnight.

Last edited:
conanOrien,

Kins

The starter set has a housing in it already. Also I could get an extra housing I guess. As far as maintenance and cleaning I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning and maintenance.

Kins,

conanOrien

The starter set has a housing in it already. Also I could get an extra housing I guess. As far as maintenance and cleaning I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning and maintenance.

I didn't mean to suggest an additional housing :lol:!

If you get the starter set and tube reel you'll be good to go for months.

Poostuff

Please delete
@Poostuff
Your most recent plastic chamber housing that's melting, is it from the Black Friday sale or is it a more recent warranty replacement and if so from when?[/QUOTE]
S&B replaced the original housing that came with the Hybrid in October 2019 as far as I can tell from my emails.
The ones I bought in the BF sale are the replacements I’m currently waiting on.
If you’re suggesting there’s a new & improved housing I definitely haven’t received one.

You might need to work on your reading comprehension.......dude.
I’ve been working on my comprehension & after reading it again I’m gonna go out a limb & say that turns out you were :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poostuff,

barnardbarnard

Hi all

I saw a few posts about this a while back my S&B app has stopped working and can’t connect my hybrid. It used to work fine sometimes I had to close and reopen the app but now it simply won’t connect (via app on my iPhone 11)

I have also tried to access via a web browser but I get the WEB BLE not supported message. This happens on safari and the most recent version of chrome (which S&B say should work).

So currently unable to connect my device to access my workflows.

is anyone else having problems still? Any advice great appreciated!

barnardbarnard,

khronos

Hi all

I saw a few posts about this a while back my S&B app has stopped working and can’t connect my hybrid. It used to work fine sometimes I had to close and reopen the app but now it simply won’t connect (via app on my iPhone 11)

I have also tried to access via a web browser but I get the WEB BLE not supported message. This happens on safari and the most recent version of chrome (which S&B say should work).

Try downloading the app BlueFy, that allowed me to use the web app on my iPhone 11

caviareview

Does anyone else's screen fade in patches like this?
Sometimes the problem doesn't even happen but it's been quite bad recently. It looks like the same issue as when you leave the mighty in the sun although this has just been on my coffee table in sunny england since I bought it so not exactly extreme misuse. I'm at 450hrs btw, everything else works fine.
2RuVbx0.jpg

caviareview,

conanOrien

Hi all

Hey barnardbarnard!

Do you happen to have a laptop with bluetooth? Recently I've had much better luck connecting to the Hybrid using Chrome on a computer. Here's a link to the S&B web app.

Does anyone else's screen fade in patches like this?
Sometimes the problem doesn't even happen but it's been quite bad recently. It looks like the same issue as when you leave the mighty in the sun although this has just been on my coffee table in sunny england since I bought it so not exactly extreme misuse. I'm at 450hrs btw, everything else works fine.
2RuVbx0.jpg

Hey caviareview,

I have noticed that some segments of the orange digits on my screen are starting to fade slightly... nowhere near as bad as yours. (~150 hrs of use on ma boy, have never left the unit in direct sunlight)

I would reach out to S&B immediately... they'll probably either replace the unit or repair it for ya. Hope it's not out of your hands for too long.

I've started using the Hybrid with the display off during cooling in hopes of reducing further degradation.

I find it annoying that I need to toggle this setting in the app every time I unplug the unit. Kinda screams half baked design, considering other settings (i.e. the vibration at temp ) persist when the unit is unplugged.

I've been wondering if they could patch this with a future firmware update... but there's no official bug reporting program so I'm not sure where to take my observations :shrug:.

Last edited:

barnardbarnard

@ conanOrien thanks!

I finally got it to work it was not playing ball on my phone but fine on the laptop the app used to work fine but just recently stopped working and will no longer connect.

Thanks again!

barnardbarnard,
Reactions: conanOrien

caviareview

It's curious how the problem completely resolves itself by nighttime, it must be related to sun exposure because it's 1am now and the screen looks fine whereas this morning when the sun was shining through my windows it was all faded as you can see. Will definitely wait a while before I initiate any RMA, still have 2 and a bit years on the warranty!

Alexis

They last forever if treated gently. Basically soak in alcohol without removing them and your good to go forever.
I go along with this, except I never have used or even examined a Volcano of any type.

But my ex Large Beastly Dome crushing Verdamper, owned for 6 years, came with one screen.

I torched it clean when caked, every time filling the entire house with that classic, OG hashish burning smell.

It never warped or damaged slightly. After 6 years it was still as good as new.

However, I don't think this applies to all screens/gauzes across the board. Not all are as robust, torch friendly.

Alexis,

SquirrelMaster

I go along with this, except I never have used or even examined a Volcano of any type.

But my ex Large Beastly Dome crushing Verdamper, owned for 6 years, came with one screen.

I torched it clean when caked, every time filling the entire house with that classic, OG hashish burning smell.

It never warped or damaged slightly. After 6 years it was still as good as new.

However, I don't think this applies to all screens/gauzes across the board. Not all are as robust, torch friendly.
Yeah I don't know if torching aluminium screens would be the same as stainless. I usually soak mine in ISO anyways.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: nbunn63

Green Kiwi

I'am missing @Baron23 too!
He posted a few times the absolutely most(imho) useful advice ever, on the Mighty.
:Use the bowl native with the liquid pad on top for micro dosing.
Holly mannoly, Soooo efficient.
I'm also missing his hilarious remarks about blocked nose and stuff from vaping.
"SNOT CITY" , :rofl::rofl:,Maaaan that remark had me in stitches, still does actually :lmao:.

@Baron23 I'm looking forward to your posts on the Volcano Hybrid.
(I have it in my sights, but holding of till bit more knowledge posted about the new toy on the block.):leaf:.
I suggest , we are looking forward to see your newest posts on the New Fuck combustion site.:rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom