Volcano Hybrid

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Has anyone noticed a difference in the ring set in Troy's video? I noticed his ring set is jet black. The ring set I received has a gray chamber and the other ring that snaps on the Hybrid is jet black. After using the herb chamber, The chamber has turned to a gold tint. Most likely baked on resin.

Last edited:

ohmygodimsohigh

I'm not sure what issues Troy had with installation of the ring but my experience was much like Jerry's....its a piece of cake.

Just took a sharp and stiff implement (no, not that one you dirty minded kids! haha) and easily pulled the screen out of the top of the base unit. the ring (with its screen built in) then just snapped on with no issues.

Replacing the oven part was even easier. Just push the OG oven out from the bottom and push the new one in from the top.

I have not seen any wear or tear so far and my Hybrid continues to work and work well.

I do think that the entire chamber assembly doesn't screw on quite as far as before was the ring on the base unit is a bit higher than the OG configuration. But, there is plenty enough turn and threads to hold the chamber on firmly so this is a non-issue to me.

Cheers

I had a difficult time getting the screen to come out, but at least half of that difficulty was because I didn't have a tool that fit through the mesh of the screen.
When i finally got it pried out, it didn't come flying out like it did for Jerry. I had to grab it with a strong tweezers and really yank it.

My volcano hybrid was one of the first units... i'm wondering if my screen was slightly different or something.

Oh and the adapter, i had to push and wiggle quite a bit to get it to click in.

No complaints at all... i just wanted to point out that mine was harder to do than Jerry's.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I decided to order the dosing capsule adapter. Also emailed support about the color difference in the ring set just to be sure.

Vaporooni,
Reactions: grogazola

jivebuggered

I decided to order the dosing capsule adapter. Also emailed support about the color difference in the ring set just to be sure.
Hi I received a email saying hey were sending also a "Dosing Capsule Adapter" is that what they mean by the "reducer"?? thanks

jivebuggered,

SquirrelMaster

Hi I received a email saying hey were sending also a "Dosing Capsule Adapter" is that what they mean by the "reducer"?? thanks
Yeah that would be it because the reducer is made to fit their dosing capsules.

My replacement parts should be arriving tomorrow and I am really excited to give them a try. I've had a sore throat/chest the last couple days so knowing my luck I'll feel like crap tomorrow and I won't be able to use it :lol:.

SquirrelMaster,

jivebuggered

Yeah that would be it because the reducer is made to fit their dosing capsules.

My replacement parts should be arriving tomorrow and I am really excited to give them a try. I've had a sore throat/chest the last couple days so knowing my luck I'll feel like crap tomorrow and I won't be able to use it :lol:.

Great thanks.I`ve always felt the S&B balloons were too big for one person.I used to have about 6 drags at night and it did a great job, also used a lot of green compared to my trusty solo. I tried using the reducer but found bag half full of air and half vapor. I have noticed S&B older style balloons you could undo clip and put on a oven bag but new ones don`t seem to be able to ?? I used a standard oven bag and found it pretty good for a single person. I would fill it very quickly have a couple of drags then put back on to fill again what was left. All up got my 6-8 pulls that did it for me.
I have had the Extreme Q balloon in the past but this Hybrid just KILLS IT!! the vapor is the strongest I have experienced in the ten years I have been vaping across 15 vaps.. I am building up a tolerance damn, something I haven`t had for a long time. I also have the Mighty which is a good unit but still the Hybrid balloon packs the best punch. The Solo is my back up but only equal (just) to the Mighty. I think the Minivap is the only other vap that packed a good punch but like so many before it being a convection I have to suck to much air to "prime" it which gave me a lot of diaphram trouble. The Mighty is such a short vapor pathway its great that way and of course good at extraction and cooling.

wizzbang

I ordered a replacement housing last week and it still hasn't been sent and I noticed its on back order again. Maybe they are changing the housing now too?

-edit also I think troys problem was the same problem I had and didn't read the instructions first lol. That screen makes it so you can't screw the unit on properly and its also probably the reason for the scratching on some peoples inserts.

Last edited:

JPE

Omg....I cant confirm if placebo or not BUT:

1. My Volcano was getting really harsh overtime..more harsh than the first couple months I had it.
2. Therefore causing me to buy obsidian and the the humidity it added was amazing
3. Still noticed an undertone of harshness I just could not get rid of
4. Changed the Hybrid air filter
5. So far i noticed that undertone of harshness is gone.

Will report back with more concrete findings.
Hybrid (about 6months of moderate use)

I think I can confirm that its a placebo, still hurts at 440C

lordfurd

I'm really liking the fix because:
  • The part is now replaceable. In my opinion the more replaceable parts that can wear over time the better.
  • I actually prefer the look of the finish with the dark insert
  • The solution doesn't look like they've botched together a fix, you'd never know it wasn't just meant to look like that, some of the posts (myself included) were concerned about a loose hot piece of steel because the original images weren't clear
  • I haven't noticed any performance impact from switching or scratches (yet, you never know..)
It took a while but I am pretty happy with that outcome and for that to be the end of it!

Edit: Hoping this post doesn't age like milk when aluminium gate 2 kicks off

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

My parts finally came in this week but first I'll ask (as I don't remember seeing this) did anyone notice imperfections in their coatings?

I scratched at the marks and nothing seems to be coming of but I'll send an email to S&B.

There was talk earlier in the thread of lighter and darker coated parts which is very visible when I compare my 2 regular inserts to the 2 reducers they sent. The reducers are very dark and the regular ones are blotchy looking. Hard to photograph but very visible to the naked eye. I'm not sure how that'll work out long term.

After a good clean (which didn't seem necessary) I then put in the new parts, which was extremely easy except the plastic housing I had on hand doesn't hold the new bowl when I flip it over (but the old one holds oddly enough). The old screen came out with little effort and then I made sure to ISO the surface underneath (with the Hybrid inverted) as the surface was absolutely filthy. After that I did a burn off at max temp for about 5 minutes and had the air pump blow until the temperature was sitting at 165°C (329°F). I loaded up full bowl of some Island Pink and the result was not what I expected, the flavour was meh. Subsequent bags only got worse, and that was staying below 190° (374°F) and it got to the point where I had to go grab my Tinymight to make sure it wasn't the herb (which it wasn't as the flavour was much better in a different device). The other parts of my vapour path weren't perfectly clean but never has flavour tasted so tainted and I've let my parts get much much dirtier.

I don't see the new insert changing the flavour and unless my taste buds have suddenly developed an intolerance for the materials used I'm at a loss as to why the taste would be so bad.

Baron23

My parts finally came in this week but first I'll ask (as I don't remember seeing this) did anyone notice imperfections in their coatings?

I scratched at the marks and nothing seems to be coming of but I'll send an email to S&B.

There was talk earlier in the thread of lighter and darker coated parts which is very visible when I compare my 2 regular inserts to the 2 reducers they sent. The reducers are very dark and the regular ones are blotchy looking. Hard to photograph but very visible to the naked eye. I'm not sure how that'll work out long term.

After a good clean (which didn't seem necessary) I then put in the new parts, which was extremely easy except the plastic housing I had on hand doesn't hold the new bowl when I flip it over (but the old one holds oddly enough). The old screen came out with little effort and then I made sure to ISO the surface underneath (with the Hybrid inverted) as the surface was absolutely filthy. After that I did a burn off at max temp for about 5 minutes and had the air pump blow until the temperature was sitting at 165°C (329°F). I loaded up full bowl of some Island Pink and the result was not what I expected, the flavour was meh. Subsequent bags only got worse, and that was staying below 190° (374°F) and it got to the point where I had to go grab my Tinymight to make sure it wasn't the herb (which it wasn't as the flavour was much better in a different device). The other parts of my vapour path weren't perfectly clean but never has flavour tasted so tainted and I've let my parts get much much dirtier.

I don't see the new insert changing the flavour and unless my taste buds have suddenly developed an intolerance for the materials used I'm at a loss as to why the taste would be so bad.
There was another fella here who got a part with blotchy and imperfect coating. S&B just sent him another

I rather think these are being produced in a bit of a crisis rush and seems a few defects are getting thru.

Last edited:

snamuh

ghost

Just curious when was the last time you vaped with the volcano before using the new adapter?

Did you try using the whip without the air on?

SquirrelMaster

@Baron23
I'm the first (afaik) with imperfections and no QA/QC is 100% so it's probably/hopefully bad luck.

@snamuh
I would have to look back at my posts but I'd say about 2.5 weeks with maybe one session midway through that. I haven't used the whip in a while, probably at least a month.

I cleaned everything last night and although the bowl wasn't too dirty my bag may have been finished. I tossed the bag and now everything is spotless and ready to use. Having some chest pain the last few days so I'm going to take a vape break until I feel 100% but then I'll fire it back up. If at that point the flavour is still off (from what I remember) I'll change the air filter as I remember that being a culprit of an off reported by @VPE. Visually my filter looks good but that's what was said earlier as well.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Mixio

snamuh

ghost
@Baron23
I'm the first (afaik) with imperfections and no QA/QC is 100% so it's probably/hopefully bad luck.

@snamuh
I would have to look back at my posts but I'd say about 2.5 weeks with maybe one session midway through that. I haven't used the whip in a while, probably at least a month.

I cleaned everything last night and although the bowl wasn't too dirty my bag may have been finished. I tossed the bag and now everything is spotless and ready to use. Having some chest pain the last few days so I'm going to take a vape break until I feel 100% but then I'll fire it back up. If at that point the flavour is still off (from what I remember) I'll change the air filter as I remember that being a culprit of an off reported by @VPE. Visually my filter looks good but that's what was said earlier as well.

I believe vaporooni got a new replacement plate that didn't have any ceramic coating on the bottom.

I always felt the air pump added a taste. Idk if it was just me though.

Also a burn off doesn't hurt if your vape has been sitting around.

Last edited:
snamuh,

SquirrelMaster

@Baron23
Not too bad then with only 2 bad reports. Every product always has a few bad apples. My bag looked nothing like the bag in his video either, there was some good staining on that one. I've replaced mine earlier as they start to stick pretty bad so I figured it was time.

@snamuh
I did do a burn off at max temp for a good 5 minutes and then ran the air pump to bring the temperature down to 165 and I didn't notice any weird smells so I hope it was just the bag or something. I could really use a bag or 5 to bring my stress level down with this coronovirus shit. I'm not panicking but it's keeping me up at night for sure. Throw that on top of my realization of how poorly I've been treating my body with less then 7 hours of sleeps for years and it explains why I'm up until 1am every night (then up before 6).

SquirrelMaster,

daxriggs

As predicted, some vendors are branding new Hybrids as V2 and stating "*this is the newest 2020 "V2" version with the upgraded chamber." I don't see any mention of this distinction on the S&B US site but I imagine they will also want to make the difference clear.
I want to get with you about your 710coil classified ad but I can't message you. Message me when you can. I want to buy it. Thanks.

daxriggs,

wizzbang

Finally got a new housing and my dosing chamber. I'm about to put this thing thru the ringer and report back with results in a month lol. So far my only complaint is I've had to raise the temp to get big milky bags. I used to get super milky bags @ 400. Now I have to go above 420 to start seeing huge vapor. I dunno it could be some of these strains I have at the moment too.

wizzbang,
Reactions: Vaporooni

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Finally got a new housing and my dosing chamber. I'm about to put this thing thru the ringer and report back with results in a month lol. So far my only complaint is I've had to raise the temp to get big milky bags. I used to get super milky bags @ 400. Now I have to go above 420 to start seeing huge vapor. I dunno it could be some of these strains I have at the moment too.

I ran into this, and I only had this problem on my worst weed.

Duck

Googel Übersetzer

Aluminiumabrieb nach Ersatzteilen. Video 2 Details, warum der Abrieb vorhanden ist + andere Dinge, sterben in der Videobeschreibung zu gehören sind Englisch Die Bilder sprechen für sich selbst, auch wenn das Video auf Deutsch untertitelt ist.

if you like it or it helps you. please comment and like it on youtube to move storz and bickel to remedy the situation ...

Last edited:
Duck,
Reactions: JPE

JPE

Googel Übersetzer

Aluminiumabrieb nach Ersatzteilen. Video 2 Details, warum der Abrieb vorhanden ist + andere Dinge, sterben in der Videobeschreibung zu gehören sind Englisch Die Bilder sprechen für sich selbst, auch wenn das Video auf Deutsch untertitelt ist.

if you like it or it helps you. please comment and like it on youtube to move storz and bickel to remedy the situation ...

The design is not perfect, good info. Wish I could read German. S&B should address this I hope.

Thankfully I dont use a chamber reducer myself but I want to know the option is there.

Last edited:
JPE,

Duck

20200316-151442.jpg
Hi, I think that also happens with the big chamber. I have a temporary solution for the little one. I'll try to put the lyrics somewhere in English. I actually try to show everything in pictures. There is also an English text in the video description. there were 25 closures .. ceramic on ceramic 0 abrasion ... Aluminum on ceramic abrasion. the rest is about protecting the lock.

this prevents the abrasion

Modnote:Edited to display image and remove bad links

Last edited by a moderator:
Duck,
Top Bottom