Volcano Hybrid

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
This is no different than cleaning your cast iron skillet before using it. The cloth always comes out black. This will not stop me from making home made pizza in my skillets. Every metal surface has tarnish after use. Still wish the metal was pure stainless steel. Luckily I didn't sell my Classic for the Hybrid:nod: Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!:leaf:

Last edited:
Vaporooni,

lokiki

Honestly cleaning the unit "before every use"..?

So when I want to use the unit 10 times a day, I will also have to clean it with a damp cloth 10 times a day..
Pretty weak

edit: Just checked, mine produced a lot of grey dust aswell on the heating element.. 2 very grim qtips

Apparition87

This is no different than cleaning your cast iron skillet before using it. The cloth always comes out black. This will not stop me from making home made pizza in my skillets. Every metal surface has tarnish after use. Still wish the metal was pure stainless steel.:nod:

You might want to look into the implications of inhaling aluminum dust vs consuming it orally. In case you we'rent sure, there are many things that can be safely consumed, unless they are ENTERING YOUR LUNGS

WakeVape&Bake

i have to say, the whole chamber is pure garbage, first the plastic is melting and now there is some sort of metal residue on the "metal" parts which is also aluminium...

it gets ridiculous at this point. there is nothing healthy about this whole thing, plastic coupled with aluminium which grinds to some kind of residue in use...i just can´t believe it

honestly thinking about grabbing a Sticky Brick and selling the device off, this issue is getting worse, if you don´t inhale plastic fumes there is also the risk of aluminium dust into the airstream? for this price...just wow

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
You might want to look into the implications of inhaling aluminum dust vs consuming it orally. In case you we'rent sure, there are many things that can be safely consumed, unless they are ENTERING YOUR LUNGS
I have an extra micro screen over the heating element that came with the Hybrid. Hopefully with this extra screen and the micro screen holding the herb, Plus the micro screen in the valve block's any aluminum dust from entering my lungs along with cleaning before session. For now I will use my Classic until S&B updates any and all health risks. Not to happy it takes a box of q-tips to keep this clean, Just another added expense.:huh:

Vaporooni,
Reactions: Pabs

snamuh

ghost
I've been flagged for complaining in the past so I'll keep this brief.

It blows my mind what these vape companies come back with after saying they spent time and money on r and d. They clearly don't care. Vaping is simple. The task is simple. Why hasn't anyone done it? This is was vape critic was pissed at this vape.

The newvape flowerpot is the only vape I've tried that does it. I don't understand how the flowerpot isn't the industries "volcano".

If newvape made a "volcano" Vape it would be amazing.

Last edited:

alex91

I get sometimes this same kind of grey dust when I clean my Dynavap's tip and cap, and they’re made from aluminium. Should I be concerned?

alex91,

MakeVio

damn this metal thing yes that's troubling!!!
I just took the test on mine and it's positive!
All dirty with metal... it's damn gray!!!
Both the chamber and the volcano...
I just stopped using it and turned on the old arizer eq... what a beautiful Christmas present. damnshit

Pretty sure Airizer eq has the air path that goes through all the electronics/glue etc. Not really sure if it's your 'safest' option lol. But I understand the sentiment

david8613

I'm not liking this at all, way too vague and too light on details. What type of particles are they talking about? Herb, plastic particals, metal dust, or something else? I cant believe I have to put this thing away until they correct this? What is the chamber made of? I thought it was stainless steel??? I'm using my grasshopper more these days!!!

How is cleaning before every use going stop those particles from entering air path during use? This is a ridiculous. Very disappointed...

MakeVio

I have an extra micro screen over the heating element that came with the Hybrid. Hopefully with this extra screen and the micro screen holding the herb, Plus the micro screen in the valve block's any aluminum dust from entering my lungs along with cleaning before session. For now I will use my Classic until S&B updates any and all health risks. Not to happy it takes a box of q-tips to keep this clean, Just another added expense.:huh:

I'm sorry but... You really think a metal screen will filter out aluminum dust in the airpath?..... Brother, you might want to stop commenting. Each one you post is more riddled with misinformation than the last lol

david8613

Can someone who has both the volcano hybrid and volcano classic run them and clean them as prescribed do we can compare the residue particals on both? I would like to see the difference. I'm thinking they changed not only the plastic material used but the metal parts too.

david8613,

Sensory Leaf

Can someone who has both the volcano hybrid and volcano classic run them and clean them as prescribed do we can compare the residue particals on both? I would like to see the difference. I'm thinking they changed not only the plastic material used but the metal parts too.
As far as I understand; it's the metal bit (that they added for the added conduction) on the hybrid, it rubs against its counterpart on the base, and causes residue

david8613

Here is a pic of what I took off of mine, I have used my hybrid only twice, 1 bowl, 2 bags each time. Not happy seeing this crap. Its definitely not herb residue because its grey in color meaning it is metal. If it was herb it would be brown wouldn't it. This is supposed to be a medical grade device???? I think not! They should replace everyone's chambers asap. New materials or design.

This is just using a damp cloth with water, no isopropyl.

Last edited:
honestly thinking about grabbing a Sticky Brick and selling the device off, this issue is getting worse, if you don´t inhale plastic fumes there is also the risk of aluminium dust into the airstream? for this price...just wow

You're angry about this but you're considering selling the device off and passing the potential health hazard onto the person buying it? :\

JPE

They really should make a public statement, or hurry up with this new housing.

I've been using the regular chamber now and have stopped using the reducer but sadly this changes nothing for me..

Still very slow deterioration of the area above the plastic clips..
on my 2nd chamber now as a clip broke off of the first and was charred.
even the replacement they sent me shows the issue. very odd.

I always remove the chamber from the device and unscrew the 2 halves after every balloon. also used the whip for like 3 - 4 times in the month or so I've had it so that couldn't be it, barely go above 200 celsius at all

Yes I have noticed this at area above the plastic clips as well...
I hope they find a solution to this. Or should I email them about it?

JPE,

david8613

So in your opinion what would be a solution to this debacle, a new design or different material? Would a stainless steel chamber be better? Or how about the option to just shut off conduction all together. This situation is wack.

Top Bottom