• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

ChooChooCharlie

this is very cool, I own a mighty and plenty and use dosing caps all the time with both, I love dosing caps its too convenient. I picked up a volcano classic yesterday, I need to order the reducing kit for her. I am glad your getting great results using caps. did you purchase the s&b dosing capsules loading kit? you can load 40 caps in 10 minutes super easy no mess, I love it. I wish s&b would make a tube to hold 10 or 20 caps, they have a little keychain thingy but it only holds 4 or 5 caps.

@david8613 - Yes, here's a Mighty post from 2016, when I was thinking about a capsule loading tray idea

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-mighty-by-storz-bickel.16000/page-323#post-1001332

Worked with @Ratchett , here's his first prototype next to S&B tray
(his tray came first)

tray-and-plugs.jpg

Other pic shows right angled 15ft cord I got from amazon
I'm sure @Baron23 has a socket behind a sofa

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
this is very cool, I own a mighty and plenty and use dosing caps all the time with both, I love dosing caps its too convenient. I picked up a volcano classic yesterday, I need to order the reducing kit for her. I am glad your getting great results using caps. did you purchase the s&b dosing capsules loading kit? you can load 40 caps in 10 minutes super easy no mess, I love it. I wish s&b would make a tube to hold 10 or 20 caps, they have a little keychain thingy but it only holds 4 or 5 caps.

Dear @david8613 @Ratchett makes a really cool solution for keeping lots of dosing caps too:

https://delta3dstudios.com/s-b-capsule-caddy/

Holds 24 caps and the caddy fits snuggly into a @JyARz Satchmo container, which is brilliant imho.

david8613

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

wizzbang

Yea the hybrid with the reducer has been such a game changer for me I've essentially cut my usage in half and get super faded in the process with many bags to the face everyday. I was worried the reducer would change the flavor but its not really an issue. The heat up time is fucking perfect for morning rips before work too.
goddamn I love this thing lol, I don't use any of my other vapes anymore.

edit-
Also I purchased the glass magma chamber a few months back and I like the way the vapor tastes but moisture gets into the bags really fast and ends up being a lot more maintenance than what I wanted so I don't use it very much. It would probably be excellent for someone who doesn't abuse as much as me though lol. If the obsidian doesn't do that I would possibly grab it and try it out, if someone here has one let me know how it works

Last edited:

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
Yea the hybrid with the reducer has been such a game changer for me I've essentially cut my usage in half and get super faded in the process with many bags to the face everyday. I was worried the reducer would change the flavor but its not really an issue. The heat up time is fucking perfect for morning rips before work too.

edit-
Also I purchased the glass magma chamber a few months back and I like the way the vapor tastes but moisture gets into the bags really fast and ends up being a lot more maintenance than what I wanted so I don't use it very much. It would probably be excellent for someone who doesn't abuse as much as me though lol. If the obsidian doesn't do that I would possibly grab it and try it out, if someone here has one let me know how it works

My Obsidian is being delivered today. I will let you know after a few days.

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy

edit-

This was also my experience with the reducer. I'm getting better results with less material when compared to using a small load and concentrate pad in the full bowl. This may also fix the issue I was having with my plastic housing clips failing so quickly. Pulling the liquid pad out caused additional wear compared to the capsules which effortlessly fall out.

A word of caution, the plastic used in the Capsule Magazine will dissolve in rubbing alcohol (80%). I tried to clean mine when it arrived and ruined it in the process.

WakeVape&Bake

lol

I would just unplug it when not in use...

yeah, the "display on cooldown" option turns itself on every time when i unplug the device, i have to go into the app again and turn it off again...

I’m wondering why this matters enough for you to open an RMA. I know you love it & I didn’t see anything in the advertising stating that it’s completely silent.
Is it affecting your hearing adversely or is it more of an annoyance that spoils your enjoyment of the Hybrid? I’m just curious.
I’ve heard electrical noise from lots of different appliances particularly older TVs & PCs but was always able to tune out.
Mine is silent other than when the pump is running.
It was very nice of them to replace it for you, I’d be stoked with a spare chamber.

i wanted to see if it is only my device or if every device has this sound. seems like it is a standard sound. and it was bugging me since the Hybrid is not far from my bed and i could hear it when lying in bed for sleep. i get easily annoyed at such sounds, i´ve also replaced a Playstation 4 because of coil whine.

everything which is kind of an electrical noise really gets to me, i might have too sensitive hearing.

you might not hear it because you just can´t (high frequency sounds aren´t heard by many adults) or maybe you have the non european version which might have a different power adaptor inside.

the euro version of the Hybrid i can say for sure that it emits an high frequency sound in irregular intervals-which most people won´t hear at all :-)

Happy Halloween all btw!

Last edited:
WakeVape&Bake,
Reactions: Poostuff

Baron23

i wanted to see if it is only my device or if every device has this sound. seems like it is a standard sound.

I suspect its the power supply but may be something else.

As to if all units do it, that may be tough as I can't hear anything from mine but my hearing is most probably much worse than yours.

But we have another member on this board who complains about smells that others just can't detect. He has a nose like a blood hound.

So, is the Hybrid making an annoying noise or can only bats and super human hearing tell? haha

WakeVape&Bake

I suspect its the power supply but may be something else.

As to if all units do it, that may be tough as I can't hear anything from mine but my hearing is most probably much worse than yours.

But we have another member on this board who complains about smells that others just can't detect. He has a nose like a blood hound.

So, is the Hybrid making an annoying noise or can only bats and super human hearing tell? haha

i think most people won´t hear anything :-)

as i said around my friends only one could hear it, my girlfriend can´t hear it at all too. i mean, even Storz & Bickels technical support doesn´t hear it. they were only talking about the sound that you can hear coming out when putting your ear on the ground plate but nothing else.

@WakeVape&Bake I’m pretty sure you have some hyperacusis going on. What you describe is pretty much it. Says a stranger on the interwebs. Lol

yeah, i might have too sensitive hearing for some things

silverharbinger

In my opinion you are correct! I notice no difference in flavor compared to the regular chamber (except if I use a dosing capsule) and it gets me right where I want to be.

All for zero calories

S&B figured it out -- no more mess around ring after session

In my experience, this is sometimes true? Maybe half the time that I use the reducer and whip there will be some ABV on the ring. It probably has everything to do with how I pack the chamber, or maybe sometimes my draws.

Don't know if you got an answer about whips, but I straightened a wire coat hanger and put a slim bend at one end. And I pull pieces of cotton pad through while warming parts of the whip over Volcano hot air stream.

Very timely! I will be working on this fairly soon. The whip has been a tan color for a while, so once I can't stand the smell of it any longer it will be time to extract. When I check the tube the reclaim "dusting" is minor, so when I see a tad more accumulation to work with I have a whole assortment of picks made with different materials to try.

Thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated! :clap:

silverharbinger,
Reactions: blackstone

wizzbang

This was also my experience with the reducer. I'm getting better results with less material when compared to using a small load and concentrate pad in the full bowl. This may also fix the issue I was having with my plastic housing clips failing so quickly. Pulling the liquid pad out caused additional wear compared to the capsules which effortlessly fall out.

A word of caution, the plastic used in the Capsule Magazine will dissolve in rubbing alcohol (80%). I tried to clean mine when it arrived and ruined it in the process.

My clips fail fast too but on my end I think its from leaving it on the heater too long. Its easy to leave it on the unit until it shuts off especially after taking 3 bags to the face lol

Cereal4dinner

I searched "deepest part of the ocean" and look what I found in the Mariana Trench :) Time for S&B to think about making bags from something green, less noisy/crinkly....
1805015-mariana-trench-plastic-bag-al-1522_75afe8499f02b1dec6e4bcc556770399.fit-2000w.jpg

there a German vaporizer company lol, inventing a new bag that biodegrades seems a little out of their wheel house

david8613

This question is for those using the s&b volcano reducer. about how many bags can you fill with one dosing capsule, and what temperature are running using caps?

Top Bottom