Volcano Hybrid

Kins

I agree they have one of the best customer service experiences I've had. They'll replace an in warranty vape without much hassle on the customers end. Other places customer service isn't nearly as good and some I've dealt with or dealing with are absolutely terrible. They'll make you jump through hoops or they won't help you at all. Those are the companies I stay away from or I stay away after having bad customer service experiences. Customer and technical service AFTER the sale are very important to me.

leeroy08

Thanks for the responses, Is the extra money worth it for the Hybrid over the classic?. From most of the youtube videos ive seen most say they are just the same for getting high.

leeroy08,
Reactions: btka

ghost7ateoh

In my opinion the Hybrid hits harder than the Classic. I feel this is due to the conduction/convection combo instead of the 100% convection Classic. I sold the Classic after trying the Hybrid.

leeroy08

Thanks for the responses,Im gonna go with the Hybrid. Has anyone had any problems with their unit at all? I think Storz and Bickel have fixed the problem with the chamber so im not fussed about that. Its just with all the new extras like bluetooth I was wondering how likely it would be that I get a faulty unit? The last Volcano I had lasted me years.

leeroy08,

btka

Thanks for the responses,Im gonna go with the Hybrid. Has anyone had any problems with their unit at all? I think Storz and Bickel have fixed the problem with the chamber so im not fussed about that. Its just with all the new extras like bluetooth I was wondering how likely it would be that I get a faulty unit? The last Volcano I had lasted me years.
I am in the same boat... Altough I had in the past a classic and hybrid (not at the same time)... I had always a love hate relation with volcanos... and buyers remorse, because of high price (cognitive dissonance).. but it was once the volcano which helped me quit smoking...

I know thinking about buying a volcano again to stop my combustion...

I remember when I bought the hybrid I was dissapointed thought they will improove more then a faster heat up, adding conduction (which I read since they changed the aluminium bowl with ceramic coating, I did read people are not quiet sure if there is still enough conduction... I read a lot people have problems with the new herbchamber (plastics)... As I said I was dissapointed about the new volcano and it s features... I hoped it will be much smaller then old classic and that you can dial in also how strong the fan blows and so... the whip was not of great use for me because one point I like the volcanos is that you can fill a bag (first bag) and have tasty vapor till end of bag... with most other vapes the first hit is tasty and the other hits not so... and that you can breath normally and do not have to breath in for 15 seconds to get a good cloud..

coming back to topic as far as I remember the only new feauture I like was that you can dial in in app the iterations so you can tell 3 sec. 190F and then 6 sec and 200 and so but at the end I do not know how much better vapor or effects was compared to classic without this iterations... to be honest the only thing in my opinion where the hybrid is different in my opinion is the faster heat up but for me this is not a problem... so I think will buy a classic... I saw you can buy on creamvape a classic for 325 Dollar (with code) ...

so boiling it down:

Do you need fast heat up? (40 sec against 3 min)
Do you need whip?
Do you need bluetooth and iterations?
Do you want also conduction (but I am not qieut sure if this is only marketing and if it really make a difference (herbchamber from classic also gets hot with time and hot air blowing on it so there is also a sort of conduction going on in classic in my opinion to be honest)
Do you need a cord which you can attach and detach from your volcano or not (hybrid you can, classic you can not).

I think this are the main questions you have to ask your self... If you do not need this things I would go with classic..

did I forget something in my list?

leeroy08

I am in the same boat... Altough I had in the past a classic and hybrid (not at the same time)... I had always a love hate relation with volcanos... and buyers remorse, because of high price (cognitive dissonance).. but it was once the volcano which helped me quit smoking...

I know thinking about buying a volcano again to stop my combustion...

I remember when I bought the hybrid I was dissapointed thought they will improove more then a faster heat up, adding conduction (which I read since they changed the aluminium bowl with ceramic coating, I did read people are not quiet sure if there is still enough conduction... I read a lot people have problems with the new herbchamber (plastics)... As I said I was dissapointed about the new volcano and it s features... I hoped it will be much smaller then old classic and that you can dial in also how strong the fan blows and so... the whip was not of great use for me because one point I like the volcanos is that you can fill a bag (first bag) and have tasty vapor till end of bag... with most other vapes the first hit is tasty and the other hits not so... and that you can breath normally and do not have to breath in for 15 seconds to get a good cloud..

coming back to topic as far as I remember the only new feauture I like was that you can dial in in app the iterations so you can tell 3 sec. 190F and then 6 sec and 200 and so but at the end I do not know how much better vapor or effects was compared to classic without this iterations... to be honest the only thing in my opinion where the hybrid is different in my opinion is the faster heat up but for me this is not a problem... so I think will buy a classic... I saw you can buy on creamvape a classic for 325 Dollar (with code) ...

so boiling it down:

Do you need fast heat up? (40 sec against 3 min)
Do you need whip?
Do you need bluetooth and iterations?
Do you want also conduction (but I am not qieut sure if this is only marketing and if it really make a difference (herbchamber from classic also gets hot with time and hot air blowing on it so there is also a sort of conduction going on in classic in my opinion to be honest)
Do you need a cord which you can attach and detach from your volcano or not (hybrid you can, classic you can not).

I think this are the main questions you have to ask your self... If you do not need this things I would go with classic..

did I forget something in my list?
Nah I think you just about covered it. Are you fussed about accurate temp control? Im a medical user and my doctor has specifically told me not to vape over 210c.

leeroy08,

btka

Nah I think you just about covered it. Are you fussed about accurate temp control? Im a medical user and my doctor has specifically told me not to vape over 210c.
accurate temp control is not so important for me... I think accurancy of classic is -/+ 5 degrees celsius... but I am not a medical user

temps of classic (dial):

when I remember correct I never got hotter then 7.5 which should be 208 degrees celsius (-/+5 degrees celsius)... over 7.5 the vapor gets harsher and uncomfortable anyway... also hybrid s vape get hot and harsh at the upper temps...

BTW I have read that some countries pay (a share) for medic volcanos if needed for medical reasons...

Last edited:
btka,

leeroy08

accurate temp control is not so important for me... I think accurancy of classic is -/+ 5 degrees celsius... but I am not a medical user

temps of classic (dial):

when I remember correct I never got hotter then 7.5 which should be 208 degrees celsius (-/+5 degrees celsius)... over 7.5 the vapor gets harsher and uncomfortable anyway... also hybrid s vape get hot and harsh at the upper temps...

BTW I have read that some countries pay (a share) for medic volcanos if needed for medical reasons...
Yeah im in the uk so they won't pay for it. When you had the classic did you notice that it extracted everything properly? ive heard some people found their was still green in their bowl when they were done. do you think classic extracts as well as the hybrid?

leeroy08,

Vizyt91

For me the convection’s abv tend to be likely greenest than hybrid or conduction’s one, just my :2c: but is darker abv means greater extraction, idk...

Vizyt91,

btka

Yeah im in the uk so they won't pay for it. When you had the classic did you notice that it extracted everything properly? ive heard some people found their was still green in their bowl when they were done. do you think classic extracts as well as the hybrid?
i can not say if the classic extracs like the hybrid... I do not have equipment to test it so everthing I would say is speculativ...
but I can say the classic extracts very good tried the abv of it in other vapes and did not get any vapor with it...
but I think volcano in general is good extracting...
I grinded my herb with volcano grinder put approx. 0.15 g in chamber used liquid pad on top of herb so herb does not fly arround (now you can buy reducer chamber) fill one bag (first bag tastes best, all the terps) then grind the used herbs from first bag fill chamber with this and get two more bags (they are not very terpy)... after this I had goldbrown abv and I think there was not left a lot in it, you can also use the abv for cooking or eat it like it is to get everything out left (but should not be a lot, if you eat abv you can get feel sedativ effects)...
At least I would not take this to my decission list if there is difference at all regarding extraction then very very minimal, in my opinion...

btka

I'm pretty confident the Hybrid extracts more than the Classic, as the Plenty was found to extract more than the classic https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/figure?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147286.g003
intresting but as far as I understood they only filled one ballon... maybe results would be different when they did fill more bags...
to be sure you would have to make this test with hybrid vs classic...
and maybe more bags then one... or both one bag and more then one... (think most people do with one herbchamber more then one bag)

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
intresting but as far as I understood they only filled one ballon... maybe results would be different when they did fill more bags...
to be sure you would have to make this test with hybrid vs classic...
and maybe more bags then one... or both one bag and more then one... (think most people do with one herbchamber more then one bag)

It probably balances out in the end if you keep blowing residual bags, but I always preferred to just do one big fat XXL bag per chamber.

invertedisdead,
Reactions: arb

justcametomind

I have a Volcano digit and not an Hybrid. I have the habit of vaping 50mg~ at max temp in a single bag, without liquid pad on top. This way, depending on grind consistency and strain SOMETIMES the abv is blonde with hints on green.
I also have the habit of revaping abv from different vapes on my Volcano to test their extraction level and no vape in my possession beats the Volcano. The only ones who comes close are Plenty&Mighty and I have a few. All the new fancy convection ones are no exception. I probably have bad breathing technique but if I try to extract to the fullest on Vapbong/Herborizer/FP/TM/Evo you name it, I always get too close to combustion.
I doubt classic is any different from the digit.

justcametomind,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I probably have bad breathing technique but if I try to extract to the fullest on Vapbong/Herborizer/FP/TM/Evo you name it, I always get too close to combustion.

When you say extract to the fullest are you trying to vape the whole load in one hit? Why not turn the temperature down on your other vapes?

IMO the secret sauce of the volcano is that it doesn’t vaporize super quickly or hot, which generates really consistent AVB. The consistent flow rate of the diaphragm pump definitely helps too.

The Volcano has been nicely governed into a good maximum temperature that prevents it from ever scorching. But I can’t scorch with the other vapes either unless I’m pushing a temperature that takes me there.

Grampyhash

Hybrid has very very thorough extraction. The temps are rock steady. It will do what you want, light or heavy. It won’t extract in one or two hits though... as it’s designed not to ever combust.

It will become the reliable, maybe boring friend that does it’s job with robotic efficiency; and its job is to get you fucking high 👍

leeroy08

Does anyone know if the Volcano Classic is a medically graded piece of equipment? or is that just the Digital version?

leeroy08,

Green Kiwi

Welcome, @weedboy42069 , all are welcome into the light. You quoted an old post, so seems you are reading thread. Commendable effort, and rare

You may even find tube covers in a local big box store in sporting/hiking dept

Online, amazon or ebay, use search keywords: hydration tube cover

Camelbak is a brand name

You will see two types: insulated and not

The insulated one is in that picture. It is very difficult to get on the tube, but doable with patience. (Hydration tubing is narrower) The non-insulated canvas-like ones are easy to put on and remove, but they feel like baggy shirt sleeves
yeah @ChooChooCharlie, I totally agree, some people are just asking questions, that have been answered, many times before, I believe in ignoring them, they should just read to whole tread.!
just like I'm doing right now, after that I might(but I don't think soo)have a question or two.
but comm on peops,just do a read before you ask questions, asked and answered about a million times.

Trainwreck420

420.....24/7
Temperature stepping?? I’m not convinced.............Eat the whole cake, not the separate ingredients!!!! It’s the unique mix of terps that give each strain its own flavour, so vaping at a high temp will give you all the terpenes mixed in the flavour together to produce a unique taste. Think about this guys.............. most cakes are made from the same basic ingredients, flour, eggs, sugar etc........ but the way they are mixed and measured creates different flavours, I wouldn’t eat the ingredients separately as it wouldn’t represent the flavour that was achieved by mixing them. I would rather eat the finished cake as the baker intended.

Ratatat

listening to Yandhi
Bought another hybrid this time off a nice 420 sale ended up buying a brand new one for $50 more than I sold my old hybrid which is sweet

looking forward to having this back in the collection I went hard with RBT and kind of missed how easy this thing makes so much vapor.

ninjagaijin

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I don't have privilege to create a new topic, but does anyone have any advice for a whip + WPA for a Volcano Digit? I see the Elev8r glass kit but it's quite expensive ($33 USD) postage to Australia. Any advice to DIY one or a cheaper option?

ninjagaijin,
Top Bottom