• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
That's quite a long time compared to most other modern portable convection vapes. What you describe is more Firefly territory than Milaana / Splinter / Imp / TinyMight fast, where we get cloudage in under 5 seconds from cold and considerably faster on subsequent draws.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
That's quite a long time compared to most other modern portable convection vapes. What you describe is more Firefly territory than Milaana / Splinter / Imp / TinyMight fast, where we get cloudage in under 5 seconds from cold and considerably faster on subsequent draws.
Proper load, draw & bud and the Go will yield vapor very quickly, I don't think it takes 15 seconds - maybe closer to 5...the speed was the first thing I noticed when I first tried a Go a couple of months ago.
I also have Splinter V1, a Milaana 3 and some Grasshoppers.
The Go is a poor man's Grasshopper. Or is it a smart man's Grasshopper?

For the $, we can all understand that the Go is not in the same class with any of the above, but it sure checks a lot of the right boxes.

Last edited:

Dargin B

For the price this vape is a no brainer. Especially for us gear heads. Super easy, quick, fun, and awesome through a water piece. I could see myself taking this and a small water piece to the beach over my Mighty or Tinymight...

thunderstealer1337

Huh, this thing is like $55 new, and I'm literally posting what the OEM manufacturer states in the instructions.

thunderstealer1337,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dargin B

Baron23

While it may say that in the documentation, I have found slow draw to be best but certainly not 20 seconds.

And many of us (incl me) are familiar with a 15 second draw from the MV1 which really does need it and buzzes to let you know when time is up.

In my estimation, the draw required by a Go is less than that. I'm guessing I'm in the 10 second range.

But I don't time it and its getting to be a bit like how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Just draw long and slow and quit when you feel filled up....bet you get good vapor.

Cheers

OF

The Go is a poor man's Grasshopper. Or is it a smart man's Grasshopper?

Poor or smart man's Grasshopper? Nice to have choices.

Give me a minute to think which I'd prefer to be known as.......

In addition to the price issue, Grasshoppers, on average, seem to spend a LOT of time in the shop? Most of us buy vapes to use and enjoy, not file RMAs and grow older waiting for their return. I think I'll go with smart.

Thanks.

OF

Vivant Customer Service

#Vivant Manufacturer Rep
Company Rep
Hi everyone, Independence Day is coming. Now you can get one Vleaf Go and all extra accessories by $87. (The original price is $117) Date from 7/3 to 7/5. Thanks for all your support! Wish you have a nice holiday!

Vivant Customer Service,
Reactions: OF

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I am lost, normal RRP is $69.99 and with any of the 20% discounts floating around, even less
I think they are offering all the additional "accessories" (replacement parts), which, in total are about $45. The $87 special is then roughly 25% off.

I just did a test shopping cart and the discount was automatic (total $86.93) when I put the 7 items ($116.93) all in there.

Kfirrer

Love the Vleaf go but when the battery is at orange the device is getting weaker.

so...I made the Vleaf go 2:brow:
18650 battery,original PCDB & heater,and a 3d printed body.

The funny thing is that with a 3 times bigger capacity battery. it`s actually smaller:rofl:

I get 12 ovens done before the orange color battery status.

Maybe this will be the next model?..

I don`t know how to upload a picture here so here is a link-
Vleaf go 2?

Last edited:

OF

Thanks OF.
New link-
Vleaf go 2?

Hope it works..

Thanks. That one works. Fun idea. Shorter but thicker and deeper? Sort of like ArGo vs Air?

FWIW, I'd immediately dump the soldered to the battery idea. Very dangerous, it can damage the upper seal and lead to a fire in fact (the solvent in the cell is very flammable, there are lots of cases of e-cigs catching fire?). Very violent, sometimes, guys have lost teeth when these puppies go off. The proper way is to do spot welded tabs (Nickle typically) which you can then solder to safely without overheating the seal) as is done in battery packs. And I bet in the factory cell you show cut out?

I get it that there's all kinds of 'experts' on Al Gore's Internet showing this, but that doesn't mean it's safe. And most of them are making R/C cars and other toys they don't hold in front of their face? There's a huge clue in that no serious maker solders directly.......

Good luck with your endeavors.

OF

Kfirrer

Thanks OF, i do appreciate your safety tips.
Wish i had spot welding for the battery,but I don't.
The battery is installed so the positive side is down from the user, in case of catastrophic failure it will purge away from the user face...
Again, it's only an experiment. I do not recommend this mod.
I really hope that Vivant will come out with a model that comes with a 18650 battery.

Dathlos

Thanks OF.
New link-
Vleaf go 2?

Hope it works..
I actually love this idea, but definitely see the potential danger. Along with spot welding on tabs, is there a way you can have the battery be replacable? Maybe spot weld those tabs to a battery holder, and pop batteries in and out.

Another idea is to attach a 510 male onto the heater, figure out the wattage, and use a mini box mod like a pico75w. That would definitely be a safer route, but also probably complicated.

It's dawning on me that the genius is in the cheaply and well produced heater, but battery is a drag due to size.

Kfirrer

I actually love this idea, but definitely see the potential danger. Along with spot welding on tabs, is there a way you can have the battery be replacable? Maybe spot weld those tabs to a battery holder, and pop batteries in and out.

Another idea is to attach a 510 male onto the heater, figure out the wattage, and use a mini box mod like a pico75w. That would definitely be a safer route, but also probably complicated.

It's dawning on me that the genius is in the cheaply and well produced heater, but battery is a drag due to size.

A battery holder is a good idea. But I only made one for myself and figured I can break the housing every 2-3 years and replace a new cell, than print another housing and i will have a new vape:lol:

The Pico 75w was my first try,not easy to build,but works great!-
Picoleaf?..

Like you wrote, the battery is a drag due to size on the Vleaf Go.
I have a feeling we will see an 18650 version from Vivant.(actually Joyetech..)

OF

A removable cell avoids the soldering issue (as well as the requirement for tabs). It adds a bit to the size, of course, and makes the packaging more difficult of course, but worth considering? At least if you plan to make more than one for personal use.

While this would be nice I suspect it will blow the price point.

For sure. The only way to keep the price that low is to have HUGE volume with minimum labor content. And market cheaply. That is not many minutes of 'hand assembly' and (obviously) going to where the labor is as cheap per hour as possible. Careful design, fixtures and as much 'automated' work as possible helps that of course, but the basic issue remains. Low cost can only exist with very high volume and a marketing plan that has as few steps as possible (everyone involved wants 'their cut' for their part).

It's a tough market, for sure. But that means excellent products at low prices to us happy campers.......

OF

Vivant

Manufacturer
Love the Vleaf go but when the battery is at orange the device is getting weaker.

so...I made the Vleaf go 2:brow:
18650 battery,original PCDB & heater,and a 3d printed body.

The funny thing is that with a 3 times bigger capacity battery. it`s actually smaller:rofl:

I get 12 ovens done before the orange color battery status.

Maybe this will be the next model?..

I don`t know how to upload a picture here so here is a link-
Vleaf go 2?

@Kfirrer that is fantastic work!

Although as a manufacturer we do not recommend doing this for many reasons with the biggest being puncturing the Li-ion battery which can be very dangerous. I am sure you are aware of this but this is a general note for everyone who wants to tinker and customize. Make sure you have the knowledge and research with a thought out plan before tearing things apart.

That said your project is very creative and we want to send you a new Vleaf Go for your efforts. I will message you here.

We are in fact working on a box style Vleaf Go (2/pro?) with a removable battery very similar to your work and some of the comments here. Still in the early stages.

A question for you and everyone here is what would you like improved and changed on the second version of the Vleaf Go? Specifically bigger battery capacity/removable or more power? We will also improve the mouthpiece cooling. Let me know what you guys think as this product was made based on a lot of feedback. We will try our best to improve it while keeping the device affordable. -Vivant R&D

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
@Kfirrer that is fantastic work!

Although as a manufacturer we do not recommend doing this for many reasons with the biggest being puncturing the Li-ion battery which can be very dangerous. I am sure you are aware of this but this is a general note for everyone who wants to tinker and customize. Make sure you have the knowledge and research with a thought out plan before tearing things apart.

That said your project is very creative and we want to send you a new Vleaf Go for your efforts. I will message you here.

We are in fact working on a box style Vleaf Go (2/pro?) with a removable battery very similar to your work and some of the comments here. Still in the early stages.

A question for you and everyone here is what would you like improved and changed on the second version of the Vleaf Go? Specifically bigger battery capacity/removable or more power? We will also improve the mouthpiece cooling. Let me know what you guys think as this product was made based on a lot of feedback. We will try our best to improve it while keeping the device affordable. -Vivant R&D

Yes, REMOVABLE 18650 or 21700 battery, then you can keep the high output coil with it’s quick heat up time, and the user can just swap to a fresh battery when needed.

A bowl slightly larger, like the size of the AMBIT bowl.

Dathlos

So, just received the vape in the mail, so far I've got questions.

- Does the charging light change on the GO when fully charged? Or does it stay completely red.?
- Why does the red temp light blink and stop firing after holding it for a second? Overheating?
- The performance has a notable drop at medium, and pass-through vaping seems to work. By this, I mean it's charging while I'm vaping.
- Has anyone else considered just keeping it on a usb plug in the wall to eliminate the battery problem?

@Vivant I would definitely consider a removable duo 18650 slot for the next model, and maybe 4 LED lights to specify 25% intervals.

Dathlos,

floribud

First off that's awesome that you hooked up @Kfirrer. He had some great ideas. Love the idea of making if more palmable ala DaBox. The LeafBox?

Anyway the Vleaf Go is a great heater with no cooling system. That hot air goes straight to your throat. It doesn't matter much to since I don't use the Go without glass. I got a nice little J-hook I use with it. Sometimes I'll pull out a bong, but the J-hook is all I night for the perfect hit. Tons of flavor, yet not so hot. I'd love to see some cooling attachment or alternative cooling lid that incorporate some kind of maze for the vapor to go through. I actually stuffed a few 3 or 4mm quartz balls in the silicone tube of my V Leaf Go and bloked them in with a glass screen and then capped it with your screen. It helped out. Definitely takes longer before the vapor gets too hot. Anyway would by my number one ask to be able to swap out the WPA mouthpiece for a real cooling mouthpiece

Top Bottom