Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

b0

Cloudy...
Just got this vape and I'm impressed. As everyone says a better cooling system and interchangeable batteries will make this vape awesome but for the price it defo is a great vape. Now I throw it in my bag everytime I go out, cheecky vape hits anywhere!!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

caseball2051

I woke up this morning and my vleaf go was on with a constant red light that was not blinking.

I was able to turn it off eventually but it wasn't straightforward 5 clicks to do so.

The unit was not warm and I haven't touched the device in a few days.

Anyone experienced this? Gonna charge and see if it works later I guess.

OF

As everyone says a better cooling system and interchangeable batteries will make this vape awesome but for the price it defo is a great vape.

Well not everyone says that. While many/most might feel that way, I, at least, am an exception. Yes, such a device would deliver cooler vapor and offer longer/more sessions doing so would make it bigger and more expensive? Two features I don't really favor.

There are 'work arounds' for the heat (WTs and the short whip I like to use) and low session count per charge (like the 'power bank' I use and have reported here. The advantage with that is you can pick the configuration. If you are only going to have a few sessions, leave the power bank home. If you plan a more leisurely use bring the WT or tube with you? Or get it out of the desk. My tube is the same length as the Go so it fits handily in the same pocket.

I really like the small size and reliable performance. Grasshopper is about the same size and has replaceable battery but has worse heat issues as I understand and is no where near as dependable? And it costs a LOT more (not a good feature), worse that so many are 'hanger queens' that spend more time in the shop on RMA than at your house making vapor. If a Go ever balks I suspect you'd just dump it and get another?

Anyway, great vape for sure. And growing.

Good to be 'back home' at FC, isn't it?

Regards to all.

OF

spindle

I woke up this morning and my vleaf go was on with a constant red light that was not blinking.

I was able to turn it off eventually but it wasn't straightforward 5 clicks to do so.

The unit was not warm and I haven't touched the device in a few days.

Anyone experienced this? Gonna charge and see if it works later I guess.

When it is fully charged and not used, did the indicator show green (one click whilst on) after many hours or the next day? My assumption is you have a short circuit and need warranty replacement.

I have two (one always at bat for when the other's battery needs charging) and have never observed such a problem.

caseball2051

When it is fully charged and not used, did the indicator show green (one click whilst on) after many hours or the next day? My assumption is you have a short circuit and need warranty replacement.

I have two (one always at bat for when the other's battery needs charging) and have never observed such a problem.

The lights and button functions didn't really work correctly when i observed this behavior. The light responded to 5 clicks and the light pulsed, but the light never went off.

I then changed temperatures and after a few tries it allowed me to do that correctly. I then was able to get it to turn off.

I charged it up and it's worked normally since although this constant red light did happen again since I posted about it.

caseball2051

Sorry to ask this again but anyone have their vleaf go turn on without them touching it? I contacted vivant and will follow up. Thought I'd ask once more!

My unit just turns itself on without me touching it. The device is never hot when it's forced itself on. I have been afraid to try using it when it does this in case the battery could malfunction or something.

It turns itself on and then doesn't respond to 5 clicks. Sometimes it'll flash all kinds of colors then stay on. Sometimes it'll pulled red and stay on. Sometimes I can double click and get the temps to change and then get it to turn off but it turns itself back on.

someTooL

Wasn’t there like a sleep/hibernate mode that someone got in to by accident early on? Maybe that’s what’s you entered. Remember reading that they took this feature off the new ones, I think.

OF

Wasn’t there like a sleep/hibernate mode that someone got in to by accident early on? Maybe that’s what’s you entered. Remember reading that they took this feature off the new ones, I think.

Good memory, 'close but no cigar' as they say. What you recall, I think, is 'stealth mode'? If you hold the magic button (the only one.....) down for 10 seconds or so when it's off you finally get two flashes. After that, when you stitch on, the display when you're using it is much dimmer (on an off flashes normal). It's not in the manual, so some panic is called for when you stumble on it?

I hope it stays, it can be handy sometimes. Should probably be mentioned in the manual however?

Regards to all.

OF

Baron23

Good memory, 'close but no cigar' as they say. What you recall, I think, is 'stealth mode'? If you hold the magic button (the only one.....) down for 10 seconds or so when it's off you finally get two flashes. After that, when you stitch on, the display when you're using it is much dimmer (on an off flashes normal). It's not in the manual, so some panic is called for when you stumble on it?

I hope it stays, it can be handy sometimes. Should probably be mentioned in the manual however?

Regards to all.

OF
This ^^ is absolutely correct. I stumbled across the stealth mode by accident and somewhere wayback in the thread is Vivant reply and explanation.

I’m not at all sure if they took the function out or not. I don’t see any issue w it being an incl function, they just need to document it.

Dathlos

Hey guys, I just ordered this because I need some portable option other than combustion and the vapcap is entirely too close to a crackpipe.

I found Puff It Up's teardown webpage, theoretically, I could replace the battery through the pressure fitted door. This would eliminate the problem with the battery dying overtime if I could source a 16450 battery, maybe even upgrade it.

https://puffitup.com/blogs/blog/vleaf-go-teardown

guyonthecouch

Picked one of these up to give it a shot. Not having the best results, can't get much vapour production on lower temps. Getting some vapour on red when sipping but can't rip hard or else just wisps. Are people getting these to milk up their glass? Just getting wispy rig tokes. I can see that the heater is working fine, glowing red through the intake holes. Tried different load sizes but not much variance there, do I have a dud or doing something wrong? Any user vids out there?

guyonthecouch,
Reactions: OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Picked one of these up to give it a shot. Not having the best results, can't get much vapour production on lower temps. Getting some vapour on red when sipping but can't rip hard or else just wisps. Are people getting these to milk up their glass? Just getting wispy rig tokes. I can see that the heater is working fine, glowing red through the intake holes. Tried different load sizes but not much variance there, do I have a dud or doing something wrong? Any user vids out there?
I find you need to take long, slow and steady draws (at least 10-15 seconds) to get bigger clouds.

OF

Tried different load sizes but not much variance there, do I have a dud or doing something wrong? Any user vids out there?

As Jill just said, you've no doubt got a good unit (glowing heater and all), it's technique you need to work on.

To do that you need to understand this is not 'your typical vape'.......it is real convection (not conduction as almost all others are, or 'hybrid' which doesn't really exist).

With the vapes your used to (expecting) it doesn't heat without your help. Rather than heating the bowl by conduction, the heat is generated elsewhere (below the load in our case) and air is drawn through the heater (by you) to get heated quite hot, say 700F or more. This heated air, in turn, is pulled throught the load and heats it over time (several seconds) hot enough to make full vapor. You're not giving it a chance to get hot enough. Turning up the heater temperature is not a substitute, in fact can make it harder to learn.

The load you haven't been able to extract is still potent (you didn't get any out?), no need to change that. Go back to low (Green), trust me it works just fine there. Fire up the heater, give it a second or two to get 'glowing hot' and start to pull air through the load. Keep at it, long slow draws one after the other. You'll eventually start to taste 'something'. The load is getting hot enough to vape (finally). Give a 'test puff' out and see if there's any vapor.

When you've confirmed there is finally vapor, take your hit (again, don't rush it). The hot air still coming in will make more and more vapor as you go, be ready to 'drop the power', combustion is definitely possible as there is no temperature control like on (most) conduction vapes. The insulation around the load is quite good, it won't cool much between hits so you'll only have to 'preheat' once.

Watching videos will not help, resist that urge. The guy in the video (obviously) already understands this, right? He's on to other things besides introducing folks to the technology.

Stick with it, think about what's happening, you'll sort it out. Lots of folks with much less going for them than you have already, you just need to dump your assumptions, keep an open mind and follow the above suggestions.

Regards to all.

OF

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
As Jill just said, you've no doubt got a good unit (glowing heater and all), it's technique you need to work on.

To do that you need to understand this is not 'your typical vape'.......it is real convection (not conduction as almost all others are, or 'hybrid' which doesn't really exist).

With the vapes your used to (expecting) it doesn't heat without your help. Rather than heating the bowl by conduction, the heat is generated elsewhere (below the load in our case) and air is drawn through the heater (by you) to get heated quite hot, say 700F or more. This heated air, in turn, is pulled throught the load and heats it over time (several seconds) hot enough to make full vapor. You're not giving it a chance to get hot enough. Turning up the heater temperature is not a substitute, in fact can make it harder to learn.

The load you haven't been able to extract is still potent (you didn't get any out?), no need to change that. Go back to low (Green), trust me it works just fine there. Fire up the heater, give it a second or two to get 'glowing hot' and start to pull air through the load. Keep at it, long slow draws one after the other. You'll eventually start to taste 'something'. The load is getting hot enough to vape (finally). Give a 'test puff' out and see if there's any vapor.

When you've confirmed there is finally vapor, take your hit (again, don't rush it). The hot air still coming in will make more and more vapor as you go, be ready to 'drop the power', combustion is definitely possible as there is no temperature control like on (most) conduction vapes. The insulation around the load is quite good, it won't cool much between hits so you'll only have to 'preheat' once.

Watching videos will not help, resist that urge. The guy in the video (obviously) already understands this, right? He's on to other things besides introducing folks to the technology.

Stick with it, think about what's happening, you'll sort it out. Lots of folks with much less going for them than you have already, you just need to dump your assumptions, keep an open mind and follow the above suggestions.

Regards to all.

OF

GREAT explanation, should be a “convection” sticky.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: OF

guyonthecouch

@OF thanks for the reply and detailed explanation.

Forgot to mention I'm familiar with convection devices. I'll try out the recommendations from @Jill NYC later on and see if I can get it going.

Last edited:
Top Bottom